Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
No TNR ke? Especially since these are traumatised dogs. It is a golden opportunity to implement TNR to demonstrate its effectiveness in stray population control and management right here in Malaysia and you may never get such a chance again and all the poor dogs will not have died in vain ...
do you mean to TNR the rescued dogs? for example, the ones that are too afraid to be rehomed? where would be a good spot for them to be released though..

or the ones that are still in the pulau ketam village itself. coz i heard there are still hundreds of stray dogs there among the villagers, and cats too. i don't think the villagers really want any of the dogs back..
Old 05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
do you mean to TNR the rescued dogs? for example, the ones that are too afraid to be rehomed? where would be a good spot for them to be released though..

or the ones that are still in the pulau ketam village itself. coz i heard there are still hundreds of stray dogs there among the villagers, and cats too. i don't think the villagers really want any of the dogs back..
That is why I mentioned the urgency of Adult Awareness Education Program for residential areas (especially Pulau Ketam at this moment) to prepare the groundwork for a community aware of the rights of animals and their rights to live among humans and building a society tolerant of animals living in our midst. And you cannot achieve this simply by targeting schools and universities (hey, those poor fishermen in Pulau Ketam many of them did not even attend school (many too poor and really buta huruf pun ...) let alone universities!.

Lynnie, do a google on TNR ... soon you will be an expert on it and can lead the SPCA effort on this. It is a good thing, really, gives hope to those poor animals otherwise slated to die.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No TNR ke? Especially since these are traumatised dogs. It is a golden opportunity to implement TNR to demonstrate its effectiveness in stray population control and management right here in Malaysia and you may never get such a chance again and all the poor dogs will not have died in vain ...
Mesti la ada Furkids.

Bila kita pergi nanti kita bagitau you... o.k. Jangan risau ya. Nak ke sana kena berhati hati juga.

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

hi furkids

relax, relax, friend, don't worry. i know you got nothing to bash, in fact you're doing your best to soothe ruffle feathers mah..i know that lah..friend i'm not angry...just that here not go "pleading" emoticon.

jadi, i've offered my service to run deliveries to FFF. but we gotta set up a fool-proof system. can you pm me to discuss the purchase-delivery method so taht it is organised and not slip-shod. dmib should pm me too. don't want the details to get lost in all postings here.

everyone here is passionate about animal welfare, no one is an enemy of anyone. i think that's clear enough.

dear melmel, you got it wrong you misunderstood : pummkin asked me to post her reply on her behalf as for some reason, her post got deleted and banned, and she just want to state her view points. i just faciliate her request to post on her behalf..i guess the fact that her post got deleted but other people's posts got through made her feel that one sided treatment is given. it'a all about perception, i think all of you agree.

me, i got no beef (do pardon the slang) with anyone. i just don't like all the allegations running around about who is doing the legitimate rescue organisation vs who is not. it's counter-productive and is just clouding the real objective we all post here - express our concerns for these poor dogs. i'm trying to appeal "in everyday english" (sorry my english is not so good) to all posters to refrain from presenting personal opinions as facts, especially if it is one-sided, that's a sure-fire way to get a quick and agitated response, that's all. you'll see that i kept asking all not to make unsubstantiated allegations about illegality of of setup for solicitating donations, etc.etc. that's not going to help anybody or any organisation and it sure won't help petfinder.my as it may expose petfinder.my to legal issues.

lynie and several others are correct too : so far all energies have been channelled in bashing and correcting misconception and misperception.

i'm not bashing anyone here. if i could i would have posted a "pleading" emoticon all over my post to get the message across - entreating everyone not to get overheated and to ensure post and comments are not mispresented of course. range of emoticons here too restricted.

let's all agree to closure and now focus our thoughts and efforts on the rescue, then like lynie suggest, focus our thoughts and efforts on rehoming...then after that, focus the might of our anger and repulsion on the people who did this to the dogs...including the civil servants who made it possible for them to condemn the dogs to such cruel fate....i think we can all agree on that.

okay,..again i stress - i'm not bashing anyone..not bashing anyone..here...
Quote:
Ashley, me got nothing to bash about or fight about, just wanna say that I am not a girl ... hehehheeeheee!!!!

Oh yes, one thing, since you are acting as KL collection point for FFF (jadi or not? got your pickup oredi?), and since you shop at SEA Park Pet Supplies, is it possible for anyone to drop things at that pet shop for you to deliver to Sabrina & Co? Kalau ada yang hendak donate dan hantar ke kedai tu lah, since SEA Park Pet Supplies in SS2 is known to so many of us.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
That is why I mentioned the urgency of Adult Awareness Education Program for residential areas (especially Pulau Ketam at this moment) to prepare the groundwork for a community aware of the rights of animals and their rights to live among humans and building a society tolerant of animals living in our midst. And you cannot achieve this simply by targeting schools and universities (hey, those poor fishermen in Pulau Ketam many of them did not even attend school (many too poor and really buta huruf pun ...) let alone universities!.

Lynnie, do a google on TNR ... soon you will be an expert on it and can lead the SPCA effort on this. It is a good thing, really, gives hope to those poor animals otherwise slated to die.
there will be a mass sterilization program and educational campaign for the villagers

and what is "buta huruf"? buta means blind right?

i'll go read up on TNR programs. i do agree that they are extremely beneficial.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Mesti la ada Furkids.

Bila kita pergi nanti kita bagitau you... o.k. Jangan risau ya. Nak ke sana kena berhati hati juga.
Apa Anum & co takut lagi? In the rescue you have oredi swam among crocs and sharks in the dark waters, braved storms, lightning strikes, high waves and treacherous winds, slimy leeches, burning mosquitoes and sandflies, agonising red fire ants, survived on rainwater and grubs ... apa lagik mahu takut a few poor scrawny fishermen? Wakakakakakkaaaaaaa!!!!!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
there will be a mass sterilization program and educational campaign for the villagers

Yes, you are on the right track ... "Illiterate", cannot read/write ... cannot read (blind to) alphabets ... hehehheheheeee!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
aww that's wonderful!!!!!!! wow imagine, last week they were starving to death and now they have families. that's awesome. who are the lucky three? i assume wowwow is one of them.. she was so super friendly already and so cute she made my eyes hurt
Yup! you are right... wow wow is one of them and piccolo and piccola too...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

We are looking into a lot of things for P.Ketam residence... many more to come. Will update everybody when the actual date is fixed.

To plan a lot of smart and wise strategies. We know it is not going to be easy but it is worth a try.

Soon... not too long from now.

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

News Release by SPCA :
Just In: Three Dogs Rescued by SPCA on Wednesday!
Thu, 14th May 2009, 01:22am

These are the three dogs that Murugan and Jorg rescued today! The cream-coloured dog is friendly and affectionate, even though she is suffering from a maggot wound on her back. The black dog is untrusting, understandably so given the hopeless and terrifying situation she just got out of. The brown dog has bruises and small wounds on its frail little body, but is not completely afraid of people. All three dogs ate their meals hungrily, and lapped up the clean water gratefully.

Please keep the dogs on the island (as well as other animals who are suffering worldwide) in your thoughts and prayers. We hope to rescue all the dogs from Pulau Selat Kering as soon as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 44.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	5287  
Old 05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road

Awwwww, the white one so adorable.

Both FFF & SPCA are making better progress lately.

Is it because you guys are getting more experienced in this? Or the dogs somehow "feels" that you are there to help, meaning some are becoming more trusting?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Apa Anum & co takut lagi? In the rescue you have oredi swam among crocs and sharks in the dark waters, braved storms, lightning strikes, high waves and treacherous winds, slimy leeches, burning mosquitoes and sandflies, agonising red fire ants, survived on rainwater and grubs ... apa lagik mahu takut a few poor scrawny fishermen? Wakakakakakkaaaaaaa!!!!!
Bukan takut dik, nak datang rumah orang kan kena hormat adab mereka. We all animal rescuer, bukannya samseng jalanan... you berani tak pergi dengan kita semua?

Kucing pun banyak kat sana, berlambak lambak. Pun nak kena TNR.

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

some of the people there also need to neutered..
Old 05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
Is it because you guys are getting more experienced in this? Or the dogs somehow "feels" that you are there to help, meaning some are becoming more trusting?
This is really true...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
some of the people there also need to neutered..
Hahahahahahahhhhhhhhh........ First we need to trap the head of the village, then the family, dah tu the saudara mara..... dah tu kita release mereka....

My oh my this would be so much fun.... imagine these people being trap and caught in the cage and have them muzzled, then tied up their hands and feet and slash 'em off...

Brilliant isn't it....

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Dear all,

2 more came back from the vet. They are fine. So, 8 are back with us vaccinated, dewormed and had micro chip implant into their ears.

Pray for the rest my dear friends.

...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 05-14-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Bukan takut dik, nak datang rumah orang kan kena hormat adab mereka. We all animal rescuer, bukannya samseng jalanan... you berani tak pergi dengan kita semua?

Kucing pun banyak kat sana, berlambak lambak. Pun nak kena TNR.
Sudah tutup mata (dua-dua) ... sudah terlalu banyak ... tak leh tido malam kang ...
Old 05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

OMG!! I was away only for a few days and so many pages have flown by. Took me nearly 3 hours to catch up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotyyne View Post
My bf and i donated a small amount to FFF, hope can help a bit.

Btw, there's a rescue team on other forum : Pulau Ketam Dog Rescue Campaign

Anyone know any vet where they can send the rescued dogs for treament before they'll be sending to any shelter home/adopters? Any good vet with reasonable price? Thanx!
hey, dear! welcome to petfinder.my forum.

Quote:
Lynnie, from what I understand and gauge of the dangerous scenario out there, based on my X-treme sports knowledge and training (where survival and mistakes are critical) let me try to explain as best that as I can here, kay?

Yes, many of us are moved and feel we want to go out and do our part to catch those poor suffering dogs and bring them home safely.

But Lynnie, to do that, you need to cross deep waters on a boat with wind and weather that can turn nasty ... and you enter a potentially dangerous environment of soft, sinking mud, slippery paths, sharp and thorny roots and branches, poisonous snakes, stinging jellyfishes, etc. etc which proves a mighty challenge even to a trained and experience guy who can read and spot potentially life-threatening elements in the great outdoors and avoid having an accident which you must really try to avoid and if it happens, really need to get out of yourself without burdening (and even risking the life of someone else) someone else to rescue you.

This is what everyone in Xtreme sports and emergency/rescue situations understands ... not to be a liability to your team or endanger someone else and if at any stage because every member needs to focus on their action and their own safety.

It is really this aspect that Pummkin is addressing, really, Lynnie (I am not trying to side anyone, just try to mediate and if possible, diffuse the conflict and tension, because you guys are all trying to achieve the same good thing i.e. rescue those poor dogs), and if you guys are all equipped with this, then it is ok ... that is simply what she is saying, Lynnie ... tak per lah ... memang tension is very high all around ... tak per lah, just offer and continue to offer the olive branch, kay?

I have to agree. I had wanted to go too, when mrs dolittle first called out for volunteers to go on weekdays. But my hubby told me that since I can't swim, and am terrible at extreme sports, I might hinder the rescuers by endangering myself. He said if I wish to help, there are other ways to help out without endangering myself and hindering others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
Guys :

Also, this post is NOT called "SPCA vs FFF", so errmmm...U know what type of information to post lah.

Ooops, thanks for reminding us. I had mistakenly started a count of who rescued how many dogs like in the Olympics. (sorry, just kidding. no flak from anyone, okay? just lightening up the atmosphere here)

Quote:

Wow! The villagers will be mass sterilized??
Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hahaha!! Wouldn't that be nice? You made me laugh out loud!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"][B]

I have to agree. I had wanted to go too, when mrs dolittle first called out for volunteers to go on weekdays. But my hubby told me that since I can't swim, and am terrible at extreme sports, I might hinder the rescuers by endangering myself. He said if I wish to help, there are other ways to help out without endangering myself and hindering others.
May be you can join us when we are doing the TNR program at Ketam Island. It would be great. After further thoughts, we discourage public from going with us to the uninhabited islands.

Soon, not too long from now. May be both of you husband and wife may join us.

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Closed Thread