Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Animal Lover

zanani is on a distinguished road
Default Harga for certain breed and where to find

I am looking for a new kitten to be a part of my family, but I am searching for a certain breed. I need help as I don't know how much they cost (roughly) and where can I find them?

The breeds that I am looking for are as follows:
1. British Short Hair, preferably blue; or
2. Scottish fold, or
3. Munchkin

Please help me!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:33 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Harga for certain breed and where to find

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanani View Post
I am looking for a new kitten to be a part of my family, but I am searching for a certain breed. I need help as I don't know how much they cost (roughly) and where can I find them?

2. Scottish fold, or
3. Munchkin

Please help me!

For BSh Blue..you might want to check http://www.bluebabecattery.com/ . If I am not mistaken, pet quality starts from RM3k..correct me if I am wrong.. lain I tak tahu.. That's the only cattery I peek into few months back..
Old 10-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

I notice you are looking at wanting few breeds, you want them as pets or breeding cats. There is no fixed market price, the price various from the type & quality to the different cattery you are getting from.

You maybe wondering what type mean as a newbie, type as to Pet, Breeder, Show Neuter or Show Breeding. Quality as to their breed standard from pet to show, even show cat had their degree of standard

Quote:

2. Scottish fold, or
3. Munchkin

Please help me!

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 10-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
For BSh Blue..you might want to check http://www.bluebabecattery.com/ . If I am not mistaken, pet quality starts from RM3k..correct me if I am wrong.. lain I tak tahu.. That's the only cattery I peek into few months back..
Thanks for the info! Quite expensive huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
I notice you are looking at wanting few breeds, you want them as pets or breeding cats. There is no fixed market price, the price various from the type & quality to the different cattery you are getting from.

You maybe wondering what type mean as a newbie, type as to Pet, Breeder, Show Neuter or Show Breeding. Quality as to their breed standard from pet to show, even show cat had their degree of standard
I am sorry I didn't make it clear earlier, I actually I want them as pets and i didn't want all three. I am just looking for the best one between the three (and the one that cost less)

Well I don't really know about standard and all that, as long the BSH looks like a BSH; or the Scottish Fold has folded ears; or Munchkin has Short Legs and they have cute looks, then I'm already happy
Old 10-23-2010, 06:40 PM
PetFinder Guru

Zarul is on a distinguished road

Quote:

2. Scottish fold, or
3. Munchkin

Please help me!
yg saya tahu...
manekinekocattery di sarawak breed scottish fold.
myheritagecattery breed munchkin.

about the price...rasanya for pet from RM1500 kot....
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 PM
~feline attaché

[QUOTE=zanani;90317]Thanks for the info! Quite expensive huh?

realized that i put that as 'STARTS FROM'... yerp, pure breed is expensive..and you get what you pay for anyway.

Quote:
Well I don't really know about standard and all that, as long the BSH looks like a BSH; or the Scottish Fold has folded ears; or Munchkin has Short Legs and they have cute looks, then I'm already happy
if you want a BSH look alike.. we got one in SPCA Penang. :).. if the amount you pay will be more or less the same as the pure breed..why don't go for beyond physical characteristics.. Different breed will give you different temperament. You might want to study that.:P

Last edited by nurkasih; 10-23-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarul View Post
yg saya tahu...
manekinekocattery di sarawak breed scottish fold.
myheritagecattery breed munchkin.

about the price...rasanya for pet from RM1500 kot....
Thx zarul, noted! dah tgk yg manekineko cattery post kat petfinder ni, comel sgt, rm2000, tp tade blue colour la, ade cream je...

Yg myheritage pon dah tgk, menarik gak. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
if you want a BSH look alike.. we got one in SPCA Penang. :).. if the amount you pay will be more or less the same as the pure breed..why don't go for beyond physical characteristics.. Different breed will give you different temperament. You might want to study that.:P
Thanks for the info! I never thought about temperament before. Now I started studying more and more about each temperament they have.

Gotta say, BSH is really the top of my list right now. The calm and relax manner and they are suitable for apartment living. I met with one BSH at Wonderpet World today and I am falling in love more and more with BSH
Old 10-24-2010, 01:41 AM
PetFinder Buddy

mctabbywhite_exo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thx zarul, noted! dah tgk yg manekineko cattery post kat petfinder ni, comel sgt, rm2000, tp tade blue colour la, ade cream je...

Yg myheritage pon dah tgk, menarik gak. Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I never thought about temperament before. Now I started studying more and more about each temperament they have.

Gotta say, BSH is really the top of my list right now. The calm and relax manner and they are suitable for apartment living. I met with one BSH at Wonderpet World today and I am falling in love more and more with BSH

In my opinion, you better go for a registered breeder, not a petshop.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hi, Zanani, and welcome! I agree with what mctabbywhite_exo said below, but I agree even more with Nurkasih's suggestion to check the shelters. You may well find a cat that looks like a BSH.

When you think about what type of cat to look for, please also consider the pros and cons of adopting a mixed-breed cat vs. buying a pedigreed one. Pedigrees have those distinctive looks, it's true, and they tend to have "typical" temperaments for each breed. But be aware that purebreds are also prone to congenital (inherited) health disorders, and careless breeders don't know or care. They just breed kittens for the money, not for the improvement of the breed or for the cats' health. This is another good reason to buy from a reputable breeder if you want a pure-bred cat.

It's worthwhile to spend several hours at your nearest SPCA or other shelter. You'll see hundreds of cats of all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and temperaments. Depending upon the shelter, most of them will be euthanised because no one has adopted them. There are simply TOO MANY of them for the shelters to handle.

I wish you luck in your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctabbywhite_exo View Post
In my opinion, you better go for a registered breeder, not a petshop.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:56 AM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Zanani, and welcome! I agree with what mctabbywhite_exo said below, but I agree even more with Nurkasih's suggestion to check the shelters. You may well find a cat that looks like a BSH.

I wish you luck in your decision.
Actually, I've found one.. look alike saja..:)

I wouldn't want to be lying around. I have 2 DLH which I bought from a pet shop and another one a BYB. The one I bought from petshop is actually very fierce of being locked up from birth and are not that friendly. Which is very hard to handle as she will only tolerate me , not everybody in the house. 1 problem from pet shop. You might want to think of the probable unstable emotion of the cats.

I might be getting more cats in the future ( until I found the RIGHT one), I will not deny the fact, maybe adopting or maybe buying. It took me 3 years to understand this, buy from a reputable ( TICA listed / CFA registered) breeder..go for the best if you are paying more than you expected. Do not just compromised on the looks, as looks can be deceiving. Study, buy books and talk to several breeders. You can start by talking to Coony above.

adding up.. by now, there must be a few BYB who contacted u via emails or even PM ( they did that when they knew I lost most of my cats).. It's for you to decide. They have to go discreet here and they might drop you a few line. Think carefully..:P

Last edited by nurkasih; 10-24-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Animal Lover

thank you all...i thinking more and more now...thanks a lot!!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:55 AM
PetFinder Guru

izwanbest is on a distinguished road

scottish fold is the cutest