Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Guys :

The title of this post is "Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island". So appreciate if we can get updates on how the rescue is going, how the dogs are. Even those that had been rescued, how they are doing now? And some happy pictures of them in new, better environment?

Also, this post is NOT called "SPCA vs FFF", so errmmm...U know what type of information to post lah.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
Guys :

The title of this post is "Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island". So appreciate if we can get updates on how the rescue is going, how the dogs are. Even those that had been rescued, how they are doing now? And some happy pictures of them in new, better environment?

Also, this post is NOT called "SPCA vs FFF", so errmmm...U know what type of information to post lah.
you're absolutely right. thank you for reminding us.

SPCA supporters, please remember that we have been told NOT to resort to attacks and slander against those who hate us. please refrain from spreading gossip and hearsay. concentrate on what's important, remain diplomatic, and respect the efforts of other NGOS.

thank you.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Animal Lover

Snowflake is on a distinguished road

I have another thread going on under the PetFinder.my > Pet Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers > Furry Friends Farm

And this is what I get from there ...

Quote:
ketamdogjustice ... Please do not post this sort of things here. There are many other threads to post this sort of things.

I am only collecting donations in dog food and supplies here from those who wishes to donate in that manner to Furry Friends Farm. I am NOT collecting money. Yea, I have known long before this matter was brought up that FFF is a private company. It states there clearly on top of FFF website. But I still want to help and so does others. And to be clear with all, I support FFF because of the dogs there. I have seen many other stray dogs taken in and taken care of. And as I said earlier, if people think and are wary about money being misused by FFF, then people can choose to donate dog food and supplies instead.

And, ketamdogjustice, you say you are a animal lover, do you think posting this kind of message here, when I said clearly, this only for visitations, and volunteering and donations of animals supplies, you are doing any good for the dogs rescued from Pulau Ketam and for all the stray dogs at FFF ?

I suggest to edit your post and take it somewhere else.
Edit/Delete Message
I started a thread there because all of these bashing SPCA vs FFF, which is not helping the dogs rescued from Pulau Ketam or anywhere else at all. All I want and can do is collect and transport dog food and supplies to FFF.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Some happy dog pics ...

OK, folks, let us maintain peace and feast our eyes on a happy dog picture showing Hitam and Kuning, dogs that were rescued and adopted by the fishermen there taken from http://pitch.pummkin.net/?p=554

Errr ... no prizes for guessing who is Hitam (Blackie) and who is Kuning (Goldie), ahhh ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KningHtam.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	5275  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Animal Lover

Snowflake is on a distinguished road

And, may I add that all this clarifying and defending of this and that, is wasting time, energy and effort from all the rescuers of Pulau Ketam. Even for Ms Jacinta from SPCA Selangor is busy, rescuing the dogs there, yet energy and her time is wasted just to clarify matters. And also for other rescuers like Jorg, and mrsdolittle and even rescuers from FFF like pummkin. Please don't waste these busy and kind-hearted people time and energy.

Why can't we all be civilized and grown-up enough to put our differences aside and help those dogs rescued in Pulau Ketam ? Is this going to be like the political fiasco in Perak ? If you don't want do anything and just want to yap here about who is right or wrong, then, get lost. Time is running out for the dogs at Pulau Ketam.

Yes, feelings are hurt, emotions are flying. Unfairness is everywhere. Can't we act as adults and as animal lovers rise above that and keep in mind that WE ARE DOING FOR THE RESCUED DOGS FROM PULAU KETAM AND ALL THE POOR, STRAY DOGS IN MALAYSIA ??!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:28 AM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Here are some photos to be shared with all...

Name:	pk1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	5276

Name:	pk2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	5277

Name:	pk3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	5278

Name:	pk4.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	5279

Name:	pk5.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	5280

Name:	pk6.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	5281

Name:	pk7.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	5282

Dear all,

The nine dogs rescued earlier were sent to the vet and thank goodness, most of them are alright but under weight and a few in need of thorough medical attention. The other three rescued yesterday are on their way to the vets. Please pray for them...

Latest photo of these dogs will be posted soon.

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

SPCA RESCUE TEAM IN P.SELAT KERING

Million thk 2 Murugan & Jorg
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ketam 41.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	5284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 42.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	5285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 43.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	5286  
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
Currently seems like a reality game show between both parties out of curiosity how many have SAS who has remained under the radar, saved/recued?
He... he... he... nakal betul si nivek ni...

No comment...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

Petster Magazine will be organizing a joint rescue mission with SPCA and other parties to Pulau Ketam, and we'd like to invite our members to participate in the efforts as well.

Below are the details:

Date: May 17th, 2009 (Sunday)

Time: 7am sharp

Location: Petster Magazine's Office (No. 6-1-M, Jalan 14/155B, Aked Esplanad, Taman Bukit Jalil)

Contact Person: William Tan (012-3333626), managing editor of Petster Magazine

Transport: You will need to find your own transport or car pool to Klang, before taking boat over. All transportation costs are to be provided by yourself.

Items: Each person must bring along at least 1 packet of dog food of any size. Please also bring along your own food, drinks and equipment.

Each participant will receive a "The Pulau Ketam Incident Rescue Mission" sponsored by Petster Magazine.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

is same information was open by Andy http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2237
Please dont have double thread. You can count how many from forum Petfinder members will going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Petster Magazine will be organizing a joint rescue mission with SPCA and other parties to Pulau Ketam, and we'd like to invite our members to participate in the efforts as well.

Below are the details:

Date: May 17th, 2009 (Sunday)

Time: 7am sharp

Location: Petster Magazine's Office (No. 6-1-M, Jalan 14/155B, Aked Esplanad, Taman Bukit Jalil)

Contact Person: William Tan (012-3333626), managing editor of Petster Magazine

Transport: You will need to find your own transport or car pool to Klang, before taking boat over. All transportation costs are to be provided by yourself.

Items: Each person must bring along at least 1 packet of dog food of any size. Please also bring along your own food, drinks and equipment.

Each participant will receive a "The Pulau Ketam Incident Rescue Mission" sponsored by Petster Magazine.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Latest news on Babies from Ketam Island (P. Selat Kering),

Nine were sent to a vet yesterday and 6 came back, vaccinated and treated. No worries about these 6 babies and the first 2 seems to have developed more confidence since the first day they were here.

6 of these babies seems very well and 3 more are still with the vet. At the same time, 3 more from yesterday were sent out to the vet. Which means, we are waiting for 6 more results from the vets.

You guys should see one of the dogs rescued yesterday, she is lovely but with open wound on her bum bum, she is a very manja girl... I think i'll name her Manja. Being treated now. She i a beauty, the rest are too.... infact they are all beautiful in their own innocent ways...

Wow Wow (the shorty girl from the first two) gained a lot confident and has found her place here. If we approach other dogs, she will be jealous and will bark for attention. Adorable she is. "Mengada ngada" the Malay would says...

Will post photo later.... Please pray for their immediate recovery...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Can see some thread from here, have the positive and negative information to public. We do not mind helping any rescue shelter but at this point, the dogs at the Pulau Ketam are in more urgent need of the supplies, so the priority would be to help those dogs more than anything now.
Anyway, I understand everyone intentions as we are dog lovers ourselves but it is during at times like these we do not want to be taken advantage of due to our sincere love for dogs in general and wanting to help out in this rescue operation. Just sharing a concern and nothing against anyone as I believe we are all out to help.
I receive some email asking why this petfinder.my forum are going support or spam unvalue information to public? Like I was mention before, donation is up to you personal voluntary, also work for rescue those dog. You can't claim this as value what you did.
It very disrespectful thing.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketamdogjustice View Post

NGO , a NON-PROFIT COMPANY, under the ROS(Registrar of societies )registered organisations are ALL non-profit, charitable orgs with a publicly declared Constituion, governed by credible Committee of between 12-20 Malaysians and PRs, a credible and respected Patron and Trustees to oversee usage of funds and funds are kept and used solely for the mission and objectives as stated in the Constitution. No individual is entitled to use these funds. Annual Audited statements must be submitted together with a list of all Committee members. If the society is closed for whatever reason, all the funds go to the Ministry of Finance.

"FFF was originaly registered under a private company on 4th Oct 2006 under the ownership of Sabrina." ALL ROB and ROC companies have individuals/corporates as ultimate owner/shareholder and are FOR PROFIT to the individuals/corporates. No matter what they say ultimately the funds they collect belongs to the shareholders to use at their whims. It is illegal for them to receive donations. If the public "donates" to them, these "donations" are considered "Revenue" to these entities and shareholders can buy cars, go on holidays etc etc.... and all donors cannot say "I thought they go to the animals!" In this case if the entities are closed/dismantled all the funds go to the individuals that own the enterprises.
Net of its expenses will be subject to tax @ 27% . Does she show how she spends it?
Dear ketamdogjustice.

first of all, thanks for correcting my post re registration of NGOs. i do thank you for clarifying who is what under which regulations etc.

we all learn something new about registration of companies, etc..there's no doubt about it.

To ketamdogjustice and all,

BUT i do want to address something else..

there is still no call for you and other people to make baseless and biased allegations and insinuation that FFF and Sabrina Yeap is abusing the funds, donations,etc.

is it truly illegal? what if people want to make donations to them? what if people are kind enough to want to sponsor some items for the dogs under care of FFF? is that a crime? i would think this is call a gift. and anyone can gift anything to anyone. you can't stop a person from gifting another person or another entity. it is not a crime. i can gift anyone i wish to, even you , on a voluntary basis and no one can stop me and no one can question my sanity for wanting to gift you or challenge that it is illegal. (of course this is my understanding of "gifting") (if anyone you is qualified lawyer with good knowledge of the law and thinks i'm wrong, do correct me i don't mind the additional knowledge).

This is your opinion, your personal thought, that you don't agree that they take in donation? Just Like Mrs Dolittle raised with her insinuations - your personal judgement and opinion based on your own personal set of values. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on everything - we don't want to be known as herd mentality right?

But what makes it unfair and wrong is when you present your own judgement, your own opinions as facts.

your and several other allegations that FFF and Ms Yeap has been abusing public trust, mis-using donations from public, etc even making insinuations that she has been siphoning all the donations by the public for her personal use, these had been disguised as facts. these words are dangerous and can poison the mind....be fair - tell all that this are your own thoughts, your own opinions - not facts - if you have substantiated and documented evidence in black and white - do pls pls take your allegations substantiated documented evidence in black and white to the relevant authorities for further action. that's fair right?

if not, all these really weird innsuations and vitriols are not serving the purpose of SPCA, especially when all of you are lynching FFF under the name and banner of SPCA. you are what you see in others. what do you expect? other people are going to get annoyed with all the unfair reporting and before we know it, it descended into a tit-for-tat.

is this how the cause for improving the conditions and welfare of animals in this country can be made?

some of you are hurt when you made your replies, because you were directly or indirectly involved in the rescue mission, be it to helped out directly or volunteered effort in logistics, donations, or in administrative or in operational matters and you thought you're being targeted personally. but stop and think - are you being targeted personally?

what will get people riled up from "both sides of the camp" is when these attacks get side-tracked with added personal comments and observations, on-the-fly response or knee-jerk responses disguised as facts.

to each his or her own, we all volunteer in our own personal basis, based on our our abilities and skills...no one is denying this.

post as much as you want, blog as much as you want but make sure what you said is fair and just. i don't even have to go into "how to be courteous". insinuations and wild allegations will not help at all.

all the visible publicity on the plight of the pulau ketam dogs in particulary and malaysian apathy towards welfare of companion animals in general may even help to raise awareness and generate a collective change in mind and attitude toward welfare of companion animals. that's the good end that we all want to focus on.

but not the vitriol.

oh, i have read what furkids explained in terms of the pros and cons of having those who are adequately trained in working in water / extreme sports and those of us who are just as concerned but may not have the expertise and may even posed a liability ourselves. i do agree with her views and i share her reading of the situation: that's what pummkin had in mind when she replied that way (through my post of course).

what else is there left to be said? all of us are concerned, equally concerned about the dogs marooned on that island, that we can all agree to agree on. and we agree that it is not right. right.

can we all agree that now is not the time for slanders and attacks and what nots? time now is for action, leadership by example, do not ask of others what you won't ask of yourself, etc, etc..

there will be time later for questions, and recriminations.

if there are questions later, i'd personally prefer the questions to be on what led to the dogs being dumped there to die a cruel and suffering death..that's the question to be asked..and then we asked what's the source of all this - pure evil intention or misguided ignorance..how can we change all this...what else can we do to improve the mentality and attitude towars welfare and rights of companion animals in malaysia.

but for now, i'd prefer that we all channel our negative energies into positive energies and thoughts for the dogs out there...they really need our mental support as well, and i do mean it that dogs can sense our emotions and thoughts. all the negative energy generated here....i think if we can harness all this negative energy, we can light the whole of malaysia for years to come! we do have an abundance of oversupply to be sure!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! That's really a sneaky low-down hit below the belt if there's ever one.

SPCA is an Non-for-Profit Organisation. FFF is also a Non-for-profit Organisation properly registered with the SSM. Same like SPCA. Both are governed and regulated by SSM under relevant laws, rules and regulations of Malaysia.

any doubters can check with SSM (that's the Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia, formerly ROC).

or are you insinuating that SSM and all the combined laws, rules and regulations of Malaysia are doing a double-standard, strictly regulating SPCA while letting FFF doing anything it wants, i.e. cheating public funds?

i know SPCA has staunch supporters and think the world of SPCA and will not let anyone else say anything different abut SPCA. that's fine. we understand that and we can see that. you're passionate about SCPA, believes in its mission, that's fine. really.

But what is not fine is when you take your own judgements, your own skewed opinions and present it as facts..

your claims and insinuations about FFF cheating public funds / donations is only allegations and low-down. if you really have concrete information / evidence that FFF is truly abusing public funds, pls step forward with the evidence and report it to the relevant authority. otherwise pls qualify your statements that it is your own personal opinion....that's only fair.

i don't intend to join in this fracas as this would not achieve the objectives of rescuing the dogs and educating people kindness and compassion towards all animals however i think this is truly a low-down hit below the belt, worse than any vitriol i've seen at this thread and i can't help but speak my mind.

a word for all newcomers, if your objectives is only to want to donate cash or goods in kind or do something to help the rescue mission, pls ignore all this vitriol and proceed straight to SPCA and FFF's website respectively. information on how and where to channel your donations are stated clearly at the websites. contact telephone numbers for enquiries and information are also stated clearly at the websites.

SPCA website and updates on its rescue : www. spca.org.my

FFF website and updates on its rescue : http://www.furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot.com/ AND www.mycen.com.my/rescue
Yeah... whatever, please remember SPCA is registered under the ROS and all expenses made transparent to the members. Should you need the info, please come or register online to be a member to see the movements. We even issue a receipt for tax exemption for every single contribution made...

The SPCA team has never slam or bash any other organization for what ever reason. But, truth or explanation must be made here SINCE THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO JUST LOVES BASHING...

We or SPCA supporters, has never been nasty towards anyone who came out with "ALL SORT OF STORY" about the organization.

We are happier no matter who caught how many dogs and EVEN PASSED ONE DOG TO FFF "FOR SAFE KEEPING". Why even bother doing it? Hoping that all of us can work together in future. Tell us we are wrong to think or even acted positively about it. Instead we were stabbed in the back.We are not bitter or a sore loser.

Why must it be a competition? Is rescuing the traumatized dog suppose to be a glory for the rescuer? Are we actually running a popularity contest here?

All i can see here, none of the SPCA team or the volunteers ever say anything bad about other organization.... So what is the problem or the issue here? Duh...

What do you actually achieved from all these nonsense? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Is there a medal for doing this? Are you proud of it? Is that the best contribution from you for the animals? Do you think you are helping here?

My dear girl, just pray for the poor animals to be rescued. Thats all and need not to say more.

May God Bless You and Your Soul...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 05-14-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM
PetFinder Guru

Ashley Wong,
Stop repeating d same message in d same thread. !! Do not accuse SPCA trespass kelong platform as SPCA rescue team is trying 2 rescue as many dogs as tey can cuz time is running out !!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:14 PM
PetFinder Guru

alright everyone,
that's enough now k..

instead, let's come up with some ideas on how to help the rescue teams be even more awesome and effective than they already are.

also, what about homes for all the rescued dogs? have any of you heard if anyone wants to adopt a pulau ketam dog? i mean yeah the public is upset about this crisis, but do any of the people want to give these dogs a home?

perhaps a pulau ketam survivors adoption drive can be held once the dogs are socialized and more comfortable with people?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Ashley, me got nothing to bash about or fight about, just wanna say that I am not a girl ... hehehheeeheee!!!!

Oh yes, one thing, since you are acting as KL collection point for FFF (jadi or not? got your pickup oredi?), and since you shop at SEA Park Pet Supplies, is it possible for anyone to drop things at that pet shop for you to deliver to Sabrina & Co? Kalau ada yang hendak donate dan hantar ke kedai tu lah, since SEA Park Pet Supplies in SS2 is known to so many of us.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
alright everyone,
that's enough now k..

instead, let's come up with some ideas on how to help the rescue teams be even more awesome and effective than they already are.

also, what about homes for all the rescued dogs? have any of you heard if anyone wants to adopt a pulau ketam dog? i mean yeah the public is upset about this crisis, but do any of the people want to give these dogs a home?

perhaps a pulau ketam survivors adoption drive can be held once the dogs are socialized and more comfortable with people?
Hello Lynie,

3 actually found home that's 9 more to go....

Yeee.... hawwwww....

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
alright everyone,
that's enough now k..

No TNR ke? Especially since these are traumatised dogs. They may get adopted but later rejected and dumped for deep seated unrehabilitable behaviour problems which their new owners find unacceptable and do not have the patience for.

It is a golden opportunity to implement TNR to demonstrate its effectiveness in stray population control and management right here in Malaysia and you may never get such a chance again and all the poor dogs will not have died in vain ...
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

aww that's wonderful!!!!!!! wow imagine, last week they were starving to death and now they have families. that's awesome. who are the lucky three? i assume wowwow is one of them.. she was so super friendly already and so cute she made my eyes hurt