Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Products & Services > Pet Products

Pet Products List and review non-food related pet products here, such as utensils, toys, cages, and apparel

Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default World's Best Cat Litter - Where to buy?

Dear forummers,
my favorite pet store, Pets People in Sri Hartamas, has stopped selling my preferred brand of cat litter.. its called "World's Best Cat Litter" and is made from dried corn husks. Does anyone know where i can buy this around PJ or KL? I only have two bags left and i don't want to switch to another brand!! this one is EXCELLENT!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: World's Best Cat Litter - Where to buy?

Hi, Lynie --

Oooh, I hate that! You come to love a product and they stop carrying it.

Take heart, though -- I think I've seen that cat litter at Pet Epicure. You might want to give Alicia a call at 0129059010 before driving out there. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
Dear forummers,
my favorite pet store, Pets People in Sri Hartamas, has stopped selling my preferred brand of cat litter.. its called "World's Best Cat Litter" and is made from dried corn husks. Does anyone know where i can buy this around PJ or KL? I only have two bags left and i don't want to switch to another brand!! this one is EXCELLENT!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 AM
PetFinder Guru

fabulous! i'll call and check!!!!
it really is the best litter i've ever used.. arghhh i sound like an advertisement.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Well, since you've started your advertisement, can you tell me why you love it so much?

Quote:
fabulous! i'll call and check!!!!
it really is the best litter i've ever used.. arghhh i sound like an advertisement.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

Me also want to know
can flush down the toilet bowl or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Well, since you've started your advertisement, can you tell me why you love it so much?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Lynie, I am interested! (Always looking for better ways to manage kitties litter box)

How much is it? Looking at the biggest bag possible... :)
How long does it last?

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Ah, dear Zai, yes! If you do decide to train your cat(s) to use the toilet with the Litter Kwitter, you'll need to switch to a flushable litter beforehand, because especially in the later stages, litter will fall into the toilet bowl. Clay litters won't work. (I don't know if I mentioned that in our conversation about the Litter Kwitter.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
Me also want to know
can flush down the toilet bowl or not ?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 AM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Amanda,
yeah...I m trying to decide which litter to use before start training adam with the litter kwitter. Yes, you did mention that to me ...I m a little nervous with the thought that I will need to flush some litter down the toilet bowl..you know what I mean....some may claim to be 'flushable' but 'not so flushable' after all..what brand you used when training maneki ?

Quote:
Ah, dear Zai, yes! If you do decide to train your cat(s) to use the toilet with the Litter Kwitter, you'll need to switch to a flushable litter beforehand, because especially in the later stages, litter will fall into the toilet bowl. Clay litters won't work. (I don't know if I mentioned that in our conversation about the Litter Kwitter.)
Old 06-24-2009, 09:41 AM
PetFinder Guru

hey guys,
there are sooo many reasons i love this brand.

- its long-lasting
- absorbs stinky ammonia odors from cat urine
- biodegradable
- organic - made from corn, totally natural
- contains no silica or clay - these are particularly dangerous for young kittens learning to use litter boxes. they might eat the litter or ingest clay dust from clumping clay litter and these form clumps in their tummies that can kill them.
- clumps very very well even though it's corn

hang on people, let me find some product reviews online.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

excerpt from http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/produc...er/118001.aspx

World's Best Cat Litter contains no chemicals, perfumes, clays, silicas, bentonite, or any synthetic substances whatsoever. What there is...is corn. Good, old-fashioned, whole-kernel corn. Right out of the Midwest, where great ground grows great things.

Safe for Cats
World's Best Cat Litter poses absolutely no risk to either your pet's safety or comfort. It excels in all three important safety and comfort concerns: additives, dust and texture.

Controls Odor
World's Best Cat Litter is made of whole-kernel corn, which offers a unique microporous structure. The huge surface area created by this structure easily traps and absorbs ammonia and urine odors naturally, so there's no need for cover-up perfumes. Plus, the natural odor absorption of World's Best Cat Litter lasts up to three times longer than regular clumping clay litters, which means it requires less maintenance.

Clumpability
The natural, whole-kernel corn from which it's made absorbs liquid rapidly, creating solid, firm clumps. In fact, it absorbs so well, the litter underneath the clump isn't even damp. Since the clumps stay together, clean up is quick and easy. All you do is scoop it up. And because it's biodegradable, you simply flush it away.

Flushable
World's Best Cat Litter is septic system and sewer safe, so all you have to do is scoop up the clumps and flush. When liquid first comes into contact with World's Best Cat Litter, it absorbs and clumps. But, when exposed to water again, like when you're depositing the clumps in your toilet, the clumps immediately disintegrate. No clogs. No blockages.

Instructions for use:

Pour 2-3 inches of litter into a clean, dry box. For best results, Do not mix with non-clumping litters. If cats prefer gradual change, start with 1/3 World's Best Cat Litter along with their current litter. When this is accepted, increase to 2/3. Once that is accepted use only World's Best Cat Litter.
Litter management is easy. After your cat has used the box, simply scoop the clump and flush it. Clumps should be removed daily.
Maintain 2-3 inches of litter in box at all times for long lasting odor control.
Cats may paw and even taste new litter products when first introduced. World's Best Cat Litter is all natural and it will not harm your kittens or cats if they sample it.

7lb Bag
#of cats # of days
1 30+
2 15+
3 10+

17lb Bag
2 36+
3 25+
4 18+

34lb Bag
2 72+
3 50+
4 36+
Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Petfinder Moderator

I switched to a silica litter -- it's the clear stuff. I know how you feel. I was also nervous when some went into the toilet, but no problems. At least no problems with the toilet.

Maneki was so terrified when she got to the LK stage where she could see the water in the toilet bowl underneath her that she began to hold her urine. After a couple of days of this, (finally going in a puddle on the floor when she couldn't hold it any more), I went back to the solid litter box, and that's when I noticed the little bits of blood in her urine. She'd gotten a urinary tract infection from withholding her urine (and probably the stress). The good news with the silica litter is that, because it's clear, I could see the problem straight away and get her to the vet immediately.

What I like about silica litter: 1 bag (about RM15) can last about a month (for 1 cat). It's excellent at absorbing the odor. Because it's in larger pieces than clay litter, I don't find it scattered all over the room. And I like that I can keep an eye on the color of her urine. I've read, though, that some cats develop allergies to silica, and I wonder about the dust getting onto her coat and then into her mouth. Hmmmm. Those little doubts make me interested to hear what Lynie has to say about the corn-based litter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
Hi Amanda,
yeah...I m trying to decide which litter to use before start training adam with the litter kwitter. Yes, you did mention that to me ...I m a little nervous with the thought that I will need to flush some litter down the toilet bowl..you know what I mean....some may claim to be 'flushable' but 'not so flushable' after all..what brand you used when training maneki ?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Wow! No wonder you love the stuff!

(Did we ever think we'd get so enthusiastic over bloomin' cat litter???)

I might go out to Pet Epicure on Saturday to get a bag, if you haven't cleaned out her whole supply before that.

Quote:
excerpt from http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/produc...er/118001.aspx

World's Best Cat Litter contains no chemicals, perfumes, clays, silicas, bentonite, or any synthetic substances whatsoever. What there is...is corn. Good, old-fashioned, whole-kernel corn. Right out of the Midwest, where great ground grows great things.

Safe for Cats
World's Best Cat Litter poses absolutely no risk to either your pet's safety or comfort. It excels in all three important safety and comfort concerns: additives, dust and texture.

Controls Odor
World's Best Cat Litter is made of whole-kernel corn, which offers a unique microporous structure. The huge surface area created by this structure easily traps and absorbs ammonia and urine odors naturally, so there's no need for cover-up perfumes. Plus, the natural odor absorption of World's Best Cat Litter lasts up to three times longer than regular clumping clay litters, which means it requires less maintenance.

Clumpability
The natural, whole-kernel corn from which it's made absorbs liquid rapidly, creating solid, firm clumps. In fact, it absorbs so well, the litter underneath the clump isn't even damp. Since the clumps stay together, clean up is quick and easy. All you do is scoop it up. And because it's biodegradable, you simply flush it away.

Flushable
World's Best Cat Litter is septic system and sewer safe, so all you have to do is scoop up the clumps and flush. When liquid first comes into contact with World's Best Cat Litter, it absorbs and clumps. But, when exposed to water again, like when you're depositing the clumps in your toilet, the clumps immediately disintegrate. No clogs. No blockages.

Instructions for use:

Pour 2-3 inches of litter into a clean, dry box. For best results, Do not mix with non-clumping litters. If cats prefer gradual change, start with 1/3 World's Best Cat Litter along with their current litter. When this is accepted, increase to 2/3. Once that is accepted use only World's Best Cat Litter.
Litter management is easy. After your cat has used the box, simply scoop the clump and flush it. Clumps should be removed daily.
Maintain 2-3 inches of litter in box at all times for long lasting odor control.
Cats may paw and even taste new litter products when first introduced. World's Best Cat Litter is all natural and it will not harm your kittens or cats if they sample it.

7lb Bag
#of cats # of days
1 30+
2 15+
3 10+

17lb Bag
2 36+
3 25+
4 18+

34lb Bag
2 72+
3 50+
4 36+
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
PetFinder Guru

yeah i even get enthusiastic over the firmness/perfection of foster kitten poop!!! its always a good sign when they have perfect poop!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Wow.....thanks for sharing this info, Lynie. Something worth thinking about, for me & Blackie. :)

And it doesn't matter if you sound like an advertisement....that's what I do, too, when I share about something I really believe in.

Just off-topic for a second....(my apologies to Lynie) Amanda, I just remembered about your litter-kwitter. After our conversation, when I was at Jimmy's place, he lent me his used litter-kwitter. Unfortunately, Blackie refused to learn to use it. He wouldn't put his paws anywhere near the red dish (the first stage without the hole). He just balanced himself like as if the hole is uncovered. I guess its' too late to train him, since he's already aware that there is a big hole down there that flushes water, from his frequent hopping up to watch the toilet flush after we've done our business.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
yeah i even get enthusiastic over the firmness/perfection of foster kitten poop!!! its always a good sign when they have perfect poop!!
p/s: I'm having my breakfast right now as I read this.....
Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
PetFinder Guru

Thanks for sharing Lynie,
Think I ve decided to switch to 'worlds best...'

Quote:
I switched to a silica litter -- it's the clear stuff. I know how you feel. I was also nervous when some went into the toilet, but no problems. At least no problems with the toilet.

Maneki was so terrified when she got to the LK stage where she could see the water in the toilet bowl underneath her that she began to hold her urine. After a couple of days of this, (finally going in a puddle on the floor when she couldn't hold it any more), I went back to the solid litter box, and that's when I noticed the little bits of blood in her urine. She'd gotten a urinary tract infection from withholding her urine (and probably the stress). The good news with the silica litter is that, because it's clear, I could see the problem straight away and get her to the vet immediately.

What I like about silica litter: 1 bag (about RM15) can last about a month (for 1 cat). It's excellent at absorbing the odor. Because it's in larger pieces than clay litter, I don't find it scattered all over the room. And I like that I can keep an eye on the color of her urine. I've read, though, that some cats develop allergies to silica, and I wonder about the dust getting onto her coat and then into her mouth. Hmmmm. Those little doubts make me interested to hear what Lynie has to say about the corn-based litter.
Sorry to hear Maneki got urinary tract infection for holding her urine. Hope she is free from it now *hugss..to maneki*

Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Hi!! Lynie,I have 11 cats.How many bags a month do you think I need for this type of litter?? I clean their litter box twice a day. this litter sound perfect for my cats. You see, everytime I get home after work,the moment I open the door,I nearly faint because of the odour

Quote:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Petfinder Moderator

3 x 34lb bags, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Hi!! Lynie,I have 11 cats.How many bags a month do you think I need for this type of litter?? I clean their litter box twice a day. this litter sound perfect for my cats. You see, everytime I get home after work,the moment I open the door,I nearly faint because of the odour
Old 06-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

34lb is how many kilo ah?? For litter sand that I'm using now,I need 100kg per month.

BTW, Lynie,how much is the cost per bag?? This question worth RM1 million.hehehehe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
3 x 34lb bags, maybe?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Petfinder Moderator

34lb = 15.422 kg

100kg = 220.462lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
34lb is how many kilo ah?? For litter sand that I'm using now,I need 100kg per month.

BTW, Lynie,how much is the cost per bag?? This question worth RM1 million.hehehehe!!!