Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 04-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Animal Lover

groovemaster is on a distinguished road
Default Mid Valley Dog Sports Show - Pet World Msia 2009, 3-5 July

The main event in the K9 calendar is set to feature again at Malaysia's premier shopping mall - The Mid Valley Megamall, as part of the Pet World Malaysia 2009 show. Prime location plus air conditioned comfort for you and your 4-legged friend. Featuring a variety of pet products and exhibition booths, enticing doggie games, challenging OB and Agility trials, plus a grooming competition (dog grooming competition is on 3 July 2009). Cat, rabbit and fish displays and competitions will also be running at the same time at adjoining halls, hence there are lots to see, experience and learn.

Includes the ever absorbing PetnYou Dog Agility and Obedience Trials over the weekend of 4 - 5 July. OB trials encompass Pre-novice, Novice, Intermediate and Open levels. Agility trials will be running Basic Jumpers, Jumpers With Weaves, Novice, Gamblers and Snooker edition. New Toy class will feature in agility trials to give an opportunity for small breeds to excel. The trials will be held in the Mid Valley Exhibition Centre main hall, so conditions are ideal to bring out your dog's best performance. The competition should be stirring and designed to showcase your dog's innate abilities and prowess. Based on prior year’s experience, spectator interest is expected to huge and the atmosphere can be stimulating.

In addition, the K9 Games are open to all dogs and no registration nor fees are required. Just turn up during the games slot to have fun. We look forward to your continued participation in the coming trials and games, which will go a long way in promoting dog sports and as well as the integration of dogs in our society.

Show program for Mid Valley Dog Sports Show, 4 & 5 July 2009:

9.00 - 9.30 am Registration for Obedience Trials
9.00 am - 1.00 pm Registration for Agility Trials

9.45 am - 2.15 pm
4th Obedience Trials (Saturday - 4 July)
• Pre Novice class
• Novice class
• Intermediate class

5th Obedience Trials (Sunday - 5 July)
• Pre Novice class
• Novice class
• Open class
(Note: Pre Novice and Novice classes will be running simultaneously in 2 separate rings from 9.45am onwards)

2.15 - 2.45 pm
PetnYou Dog Squad Dog sports demos - Frisbee, Tricks, Heelwork to music, Flyball
TigerLand K9 Academy demos - Schutzhund, Protection dog

2.45 - 4.00 pm
K9 Games (Saturday - 4 July)
• David & Goliath - Smallest & Biggest Dogs
• Most Adorable Pup
• Obstacle Race
• The Longest Tail
• Best Dressed - Fancy Dress Ball

K9 Games (Sunday - 5 July)
• Most Adorable Pup
• Best Coat - Short & Long Coat
• OBgility Race
• Best Smile/ Grin
• Best Dressed - Most Fashionable

Results and prize presentation for Obedience Trials

4.00 - 7.45 pm
8th Agility Trials (Saturday - 4 July)
• Basic Jumpers - Toy, Mini, Maxi
• Jumpers With Weaves - Toy, Mini, Maxi
• Novice - Mini, Maxi
• Gamblers

9th Agility Trials (Sunday - 5 July)
• Basic Jumpers - Toy, Mini, Maxi
• Jumpers With Weaves - Toy, Mini, Maxi
• Novice - Mini, Maxi
• Snooker

Results and prize presentation for Agility Trials

Trials entry form cab be found at link below and the final date for submission is by 30 June 2009. For further details, go to http://www.petnyou.com.my/?q=node/2375

Useful links:
Trials Entry Form http://www.petnyou.com.my/files/A%20entryform_0.doc
Judges’ Profile http://www.petnyou.com.my/?q=node/2378
OB Trial rules http://www.petnyou.com.my/index.php?q=node/208
Agility Trial rules http://www.petnyou.com.my/index.php?q=node/205
K9 Games http://www.petnyou.com.my/index.php?q=node/1021
How to get your dog into Mid Valley http://www.petnyou.com.my/index.php?q=node/1024

Time to fine tune your Clean runs, Heeling patterns and Gaming skills …

PetnYou
http://www.petnyou.com.my/
Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Animal Lover

Default Re: Mid Valley Dog Sports Show - Pet World Msia 2009, 3-5 July

Fellow dog sports fans and enthusiasts,

Reminder that the last day for submission of entry forms for the Obedience & Agility Trials for the 2009 Mid Valley Dog Sports Show is on 30 June 2009. Trial entry forms can be found at http://www.petnyou.com.my/files/A%20entryform_0.doc

Catch the top K9 athletes in the country at Mid Valley Megamall on 4 & 5 July!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
PetFinder Buddy

monkee94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to monkee94

Can I know the procedure of bringing our dogs there? Btw if our dogs dont participate can we still bring them along?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Animal Lover

You may provided your dog is not agressive and controllable. You must also clean up after dog. It can get pretty crowded in Mid Valley Exhibition Centre, so your dog must be used to lots of people.

How to get your dog into Mid Valley? http://www.petnyou.com.my/index.php?q=node/1024
Old 06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
PetFinder Buddy

monkee94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to monkee94

i see so we cant bring our pets through the entrances such as at South Court, North Court etc.etc.?And we're just allowed to be in the MVEC cant walk around?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
PetFinder Buddy

shermanyck is on a distinguished road

Pet World Malaysia 2009 has officially ended. On behalf of my company, FEMSB, we would like to extend our heartiest appreciation for your kind support for this event.

Those who visited the show, we hope that you have enjoyed yourselves venturing around different booths and activities.

We, team of Pet World Malaysia would like express gratitude to All Activity Organisers, like Pets Icon, Pent-N-You, Kelab Kucing Malaysia and Beh & Yo who had organised such spectacular activities, really appreciate it!!!

To those who have missed the show, we hope that you will visit us next year for the 3rd series on 25-27 June 2010 at Mid Valley Exhibition Center.

Lastly thanks for all your support and looking forward to seeing you all next year!

Last edited by shermanyck; 07-13-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Hopefully you don't hold it at midvalley again. Lousy parking space and hard to bring pets along.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Hopefully you don't hold it at midvalley again. Lousy parking space and hard to bring pets along.
I heard many people complain this parking space and jammed.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Hi there, sorry for being inconvenient, anyway we can't find a venue is pet friendly so far, do u have any suggestion?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
PetFinder Guru

Are you sure? BU central park is pretty good. I think you should attend dogathon in August and learn something from there.They are always the best event in the whole year. Also how come puppy.com can find a new venue like Chin Woo stadium. There must be many more places and it's up to the organisers to convince the owners of the place to allow dogs there. I don't believe that they don't wanna make money if they can.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Yup, Mid-Valley is a lousy place, always jammed and hard to find parking. That's one of the reason I didn't bother to go to the event.

Prefer places like Ikano, The Curve, 1-Utama, or Bandar Utama Central Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
I heard many people complain this parking space and jammed.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Animal Lover

Don't think there is any area big enough in Ikano, Curve & 1U to hold an event like Pet World. Besides, am fairly sure that they will not allow dogs in any of these shopping malls for 2 whole days in a row.

Chin Woo is not ideal as seen in the recent puppy event ... there is hardly any space for even the trialers to bench their dogs.

If you are looking for a big area outdoors, then BU park is the ideal place but you will not get the same response from the general public.

In this instance, it is not just about a dog event with sponsors backing. The organisers also have to make it a profitable venture by attracting a large crowd, and in terms of crowd there's is no better place than Mid Valley. If they held it in any of the locations you have mentioned, it will be a poor return, which means no more Pet World events in the future.

The reason that the organisers are already planning for the 3rd one is that Mid Valley has proven to be a good return on investment.

So u always hv to look at both sides of the coin.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

In my opinion,the event should be held in an open area not shopping mall. Shopping mall is too crowded,no parking space,jam etc etc. Find an open area like Putrajaya.The problem with Malaysian is,they want to be close as possible with the venue and lazy to walk. If you held in an open space,then everybody have to walk from the parking area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovemaster View Post
Don't think there is any area big enough in Ikano, Curve & 1U to hold an event like Pet World. Besides, am fairly sure that they will not allow dogs in any of these shopping malls for 2 whole days in a row.

Chin Woo is not ideal as seen in the recent puppy event ... there is hardly any space for even the trialers to bench their dogs.

If you are looking for a big area outdoors, then BU park is the ideal place but you will not get the same response from the general public.

In this instance, it is not just about a dog event with sponsors backing. The organisers also have to make it a profitable venture by attracting a large crowd, and in terms of crowd there's is no better place than Mid Valley. If they held it in any of the locations you have mentioned, it will be a poor return, which means no more Pet World events in the future.

The reason that the organisers are already planning for the 3rd one is that Mid Valley has proven to be a good return on investment.

So u always hv to look at both sides of the coin.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
In my opinion,the event should be held in an open area not shopping mall. Shopping mall is too crowded,no parking space,jam etc etc. Find an open area like Putrajaya.The problem with Malaysian is,they want to be close as possible with the venue and lazy to walk. If you held in an open space,then everybody have to walk from the parking area.
If it is a fully sponsored just for fun dog event, then a park location is always the best.

If it is a commercial pet exhibition with booths held over a number of days and the organisers need to attract trade persons and the public, then a park location will always lose out to a shopping mall.

I agree that the parking is a major headache in Mid Valley, but what are the real alternatives.

Putrajaya??!. The problem with Malaysia is that there are hardly any public areas or parks whereby dogs are legally allowed to walk ... let alone hold a dog event for 3 whole days.

That a premier shopping mall like Mid Valley has allowed pets into the exhibition halls is already a rarity in this country ... cherish that.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Are you sure? BU central park is pretty good. I think you should attend dogathon in August and learn something from there.They are always the best event in the whole year. Also how come puppy.com can find a new venue like Chin Woo stadium. There must be many more places and it's up to the organisers to convince the owners of the place to allow dogs there. I don't believe that they don't wanna make money if they can.
Hello acsyen, in regards to your comments, take note that we actually did a survey before the very first show in 2008 in forums. Many have responded that Mid Valley is the best selection for them to reach to our show because of the strategic location that sits between subang, petaling jaya, and kl.
Furthermore, Dogathon is an EVENT while ours is an EXHIBITION. Pet World Malaysia are able to offer cooling environment for our exhibitors to set their booths and with available food all over the shopping mall, visitors are more comfortable staying whole day at the exhibition rather than staying under the hot sun. We need an indoor spots because we also have activities whole day. For visitors who pay a small fee of RM5, we actually allow them to re-enter until closing time so they can catch some of the shows as according to the schedules given to them without having to bother about the weather and available places to rest.
Having Mid Valley as the only shopping mall to allow pets to be entered into the halls, this location, by far, is the best location for both exhibitors and visitors with pets to stay from 10am to 9pm because everything is there (pet exhibition, shopping, movies, eateries, AND air-cond)
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yup, Mid-Valley is a lousy place, always jammed and hard to find parking. That's one of the reason I didn't bother to go to the event.

Prefer places like Ikano, The Curve, 1-Utama, or Bandar Utama Central Park.
Again I would like to note out, Mid Valley is the only place that allows our visitors to bring their pets into the hall while others are very unsupportive to this idea due to conflict of interest or fear of messy outcome. Though it is true that mid valley parking area is problematic, yet our visitor count this year has increased 25% as compared to last year. We go by the interest of MAJORITY. If we have to entertain every single comments about the location, then we would need to hold this exhibition at probably 10 different places in one year! Seeing that our visitorship have improved this year, we believe that majority of people who knows about Pet World Malaysia do not mind coming to Mid Valley and do shopping with their pets and mingle with other pet owners. Even the number of exhibitors have increased this year and that is why we went from one hall last year to two halls to fit in the overflowing interests of exhibitors.
I don’t need to prove to anyone. Those who attended both last year and this year have personally seen the changes and improvement in our show in terms of exhibitors and activities. There are still areas to be improvised and we are looking into it to make it better for the 3rd series but in terms of location, the exhibitors, the majority of visitors and us are very much happy with mid valley and will continue to hold our exhibition there.
Do understand our situation here!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
If it is a fully sponsored just for fun dog event, then a park location is always the best.

If it is a commercial pet exhibition with booths held over a number of days and the organisers need to attract trade persons and the public, then a park location will always lose out to a shopping mall.

I agree that the parking is a major headache in Mid Valley, but what are the real alternatives.

Putrajaya??!. The problem with Malaysia is that there are hardly any public areas or parks whereby dogs are legally allowed to walk ... let alone hold a dog event for 3 whole days.

That a premier shopping mall like Mid Valley has allowed pets into the exhibition halls is already a rarity in this country ... cherish that.
Wow! You seem to know our situation very well groovemaster! True enough, Mid Valley is the only shopping mall that allows visitors to bring pets during Pet World Malaysia. With the major expenses incurred for the rental of their hall, we have to seek for high volume of visitorship to recover back the expenses. The best location is definitely Mid Valley for the high number of shoppers!
You sound like you venture into different pet events a lot to understand our kind of situation! Many thanks for your support and comments! Many thanks those who visited Pet World Malaysia, hope all of you understand our situation.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

I agree that Malaysia doesn't have enough public park. Putrajaya have spacious park.If you notice most major event held in Putrajaya. then again, as you said this is an exhibition. I think the best for this kind of event,better do it in an indoor stadium.

The mall may allowed pets but as I said earlier,Malaysian mentality. They always frown when ask to walk from car park even for 5 minutes to the venue. Not to mentioned lack of car park,jam,jam,jam

Quote:

Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanyck View Post
Hello acsyen, in regards to your comments, take note that we actually did a survey before the very first show in 2008 in forums. Many have responded that Mid Valley is the best selection for them to reach to our show because of the strategic location that sits between subang, petaling jaya, and kl.
Furthermore, Dogathon is an EVENT while ours is an EXHIBITION. Pet World Malaysia are able to offer cooling environment for our exhibitors to set their booths and with available food all over the shopping mall, visitors are more comfortable staying whole day at the exhibition rather than staying under the hot sun. We need an indoor spots because we also have activities whole day. For visitors who pay a small fee of RM5, we actually allow them to re-enter until closing time so they can catch some of the shows as according to the schedules given to them without having to bother about the weather and available places to rest.
Having Mid Valley as the only shopping mall to allow pets to be entered into the halls, this location, by far, is the best location for both exhibitors and visitors with pets to stay from 10am to 9pm because everything is there (pet exhibition, shopping, movies, eateries, AND air-cond)
The venue is good for exhibition not for dog owners to bring dogs there. If not for my dog is competing I would have not visited it at all. Hopefully pet n you will consider doing their events elsewhere where it is easier for us to bring the dogs.