Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Animal Lover

Dreamhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mcfa (tica) - cat show is confirm 8/8/10

F1 - F4 Bengals are not allowed to be in a show according to TICA rules.

This is the job of the Entry Clerk not to accept those cats. If the registration with TICA is "Pending" so there is no proof which generation the cat in question is though...
Old 08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Animal Lover

grrrrrrrk is on a distinguished road

Thank Mr Kurt for the explanation.

Now I understand. But on MCFA show I notice that there is one Bengal which is F2 I think. It enter's all the 3 show.

The name is Imakatz Tiger Speed Rider. I know this because last time the owner show me his TICA cert which stated F2. Also I want to buy the cat baby, but the owner said that its sterile so can't produce baby.

That why I wondering how can F2 be on that all the 3 show. Sorry not to pointing anything just want some clarification. Maybe special case. Because I also love F1 to SBT bengal. Love them all. Also glad if I can show my F1 in show as well. :)

Last edited by grrrrrrrk; 08-16-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Animal Lover

One more thing -

It might be necessary that committee members of a club pay in advance something out of their own pocket to be reimbursed from the club's account later.

Example - there might be a big sale of some airlines quite ahead of the show (let's say 3 months). Like a direct flight from Tokyo to XXX Airport for only USD 300,- !!!! So the club doesn't have the money on its account and won't do anything with this information. Judges usually don't pay the flights themselves, especially if this is a new club (there was a case with a European club where the judge has bought herself a ticket for USD 1.000,-. The club cancelled the show and never paid the judge!!!!!).

So the club waits for money, then two weeks before the show sends information about the flight-schedule for the judges. New schedule would be - no direct flight and between two flights a 7-hour-wait. And for USD 1.000,- per flight!!! All three judges will not accept this as they had written time and time again before that they need to know their schedule. So the club decides not to have two of those judges, buys another ticket for the third judge for more than USD 1.200,-. BUT - although the judge has said that she must be back on Tuesday morning as she has a very important business meeting the flight back is scheduled for Tuesday night. The judge asks to change the return flight but is told that this is only possible after she arrived at the location of the show. The judge doesn't want to take the risk and also cancels the show.

So a new judge has to be found one week before the show - the ticket for this judge is USD 1.800,- !

To make a long story short - instead of 3 judges for USD 900,- the club gets one judge for USD 1.800,- !!!! This is waste of money, isn't it??

Then another two judges sent some months before the request for a flight connection which would be comfortable for them and at a rather good price. They would arrive Thursday in order to have more time to help the club. Tuesday morning, one day before they are supposed to leave, they receive a ticket with another airline, they would leave on Thursday before Wednesday and would have to wait on their flight back 12 (!!!) hours between two flights at the airport. So the judges have to organize themselves a hotel so that they don't have to spend a night at the airport. The club has to pay for this hotel (of course) and overall spends USD 500,- more than it would have had to pay originally.

Furthermore the last judge sends also at least one month before the show the committee an email with a good and very reasonable airfare which was found out by a travel agent. The only thing to do would have been to send a credit-card number and everything would have benn arranged. It is a long flight, the judge wants to arrive on Friday to get some rest and go back on Monday. No response, some days before the show she receives a ticket with a different schedule, would have had 7 hours of waiting between two flights AND tickets were bought under a misspelled name (which means that the person would have never gotten into the airplane). And the judge arrives on Saturday night and would have to judge the next day being very tired. No chance to rebook the one connection, three re-bookings with name-changes and the change of one flight later the club has spent additional USD 500,-.

So - because of those organisational problems the club in question has to spend USD 1.900,- more and has two judges less. This wouldn't have been with a proper planning and organisation... On the other hand the club saved 6 nights hotel-room, had to spend less for food and saved approximately USD 700,-. Still USD 1.200,- for nothing... (and less stress for judges who were there).

Of course this is only a fictional story... But please make sure that you don't get into a mess like this!!!!!

Last edited by Dreamhunter; 08-16-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrrrrrk View Post
Thank Mr Kurt for the explanation.

Now I understand. But on MCFA show I notice that there is one Bengal which is F2 I think. It enter's all the 3 show.

The name is Imakatz Tiger Speed Rider. I know this because last time the owner show me his TICA cert which stated F2. Also I want to buy the cat baby, but the owner said that its sterile so can't produce baby.

That why I wondering how can F2 be on that all the 3 show. Sorry not to pointing anything just want some clarification. Maybe special case. Because I also love F1 to SBT bengal. Love them all. Also glad if I can show my F1 in show as well. :)
--------------------------------
I checked the catalog and only found Bengals which had either a SBT-Registraton number or were "Pending". So it seems that the Entry-Clerk made a mistake or didn't know about this. I agree that F1/F2 Bengals are beautiful (the same with F1-F3 Savannahs), but according to TICA-Rules they are not allowed to be shown in competition.

I think you are talking about Entry # 209. If I remember correctly the cat was in the catalog with a SBT-Number...
Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Animal Lover

grrrrrrrk is on a distinguished road

Oooo is that it.

Nevermind. Thanks for the info. Because last time I remember correctly it has F2 Cert. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thank Mr Kurt
Old 07-21-2011, 02:15 PM
PetFinder Buddy

marayah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melocy View Post
Mr Kurt,

Thank you very much for all the explanation. Very informative. I think a lot of people out there would love to organize a TICA show.

I be waiting for it, and also would love to give a help if they want to organize it.

Thank
shame on u melocy..u post hatred...i dont judge people, God judge people..nway, are u malaysian?