Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Announcements, Notices and Contests

Announcements, Notices and Contests General announcements, latest developments at PetFinder.my and contests with cool prizes!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Exclamation Forum Guidelines - Updated

Dear Members,

In moving forward, PetFinder.my will introduce a range of guidelines to better streamline the forum, so that our members' knowledge and experience can be more effectively shared among the community.

As many of you may have noticed, some threads have been diluted with off-topic posts, and many posts contain short forms, abbreviations or dialects that are difficult to read. As such, we will be introducing a number of enhanced guidelines beginning today.

1) Language Use - Proper English & Bahasa Malaysia, NO Abbreviations
This has been mentioned in the existing forum guidelines, and we would like to emphasize on this again because many people have not taken notice of it. Please use proper English or Bahasa Malaysia in your discussions. Informal/colloquial language or dialects should be avoided whenever possible. Do not use abbreviations such as "ne1, gr8, wan2, ckp, tgk, troz, cmtu" and such - there are no character limitations at the forum, so please write in proper grammar and language.

Please write in English if possible. Although PetFinder.my focuses on Malaysian pets, there are many foreigners that frequent our forums, and English would be best for us to share the knowledge, and they can better contribute to it as well. Please try your best to help disseminate knowledge in the form of writing that the most number of people can benefit in.

Our moderators will be actively removing posts and sending reminders to people that are in violation of the above guideline.

2) Knowledge Forums
We need to strike a balance between having a serious, no-nonsense forum and one that is friendly but chaotic. We want people to learn effectively from the forum, but at the same time, have some fun too. As such, we will be designating certain sub-forums as "Knowledge Forums".

Rules for Knowledge Forums:
  • All threads and posts must be relevant, and there should not be any idle chat or off-topic posts
  • Any member that desires to chat further on other topics should start a separate discussion at the relevant category (or at PetFinder Lounge for casual discussions)
  • Language use will be actively enforced
  • Irrelevant posts will be removed and violating members will be sent reminders

Designated Knowledge Forums
  • ALL of Latest News & Happenings, EXCEPT Member Introductions
  • ALL of The Animal Corner's main and sub-forums, EXCEPT Doggy/Cat TV & Photos.
  • ALL of Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption's main and sub-forums
  • ALL of Reviews, Notices & Stories, EXCEPT Success Stories and Pet Memorial

3) Chit Chat / Casual Discussion
You can freely chat at the PetFinder Lounge sub-forums (or Knowledge Forum exceptions above), but please list your discussions under the correct category. Note that you will still need to abide by the Language Use guidelines, and there should be no thread hijacking. Moderators still reserve the right to remove any such violating posts.

Please note that these rules are not enacted with the intention to restrict your fun and participation, but to provide a focused, effective environment for everybody to learn and share information.

As we all know, it is not an easy task to administer a forum, and we strongly rely on the cooperation of our community of animal lovers to make this a success.

Thank you for your cooperation. We will be updating our official forum guidelines at http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=3760 with this information as well.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-16-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

luvnett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Guidelines - Updated

okay.. noted..
Old 07-16-2010, 05:13 PM
PetFinder Guru

hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14
Default Re: Forum Guidelines - Updated

thanks andy. noted
Old 07-16-2010, 11:22 PM