Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Fish & Aquariums

Fish & Aquariums For the underwater enthusiasts

Old 09-20-2010, 12:29 AM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road
Smile My Aquatic Friends

hi everyone,
i would like to share some of my aquatic friends i have.

i am very addicted and passionate to these aquatic underwater creatures, and to take care of them, i have already spent almost few thousand till now! i started off young with a lot of fish drawings, and i mean really a lot! at the same time, i'm always the super major problem to the pasar malam people who sells aquatic fishes there as i would stare very long and later throw my own slippers into their bucket (with fishes in it), this is because i like seeing them swimming around! haha!

finally, my mum bought me my own beta fishes for a beginning to ease my addictive to fishes. later when i got the hang of rearing them, i got myself 10-15 gold fishes, and some cichlids during my secondary school, then up to 4 flower horns with almost 6 tanks in my home (plus i kept 1 tank in my own bedroom)! back then my home was like an aquarium shop with a lot of my friends visit just to check out the fishes! but trust me, they were not abused or tortured by me, i keep them for good till they die.

below are some of my current fishes i am having. please feel free to share yours too! trust me, i would be very happy to see other people's fishes too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mytank.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	10116   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppies1.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	10117   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppies2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	10118   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppies3.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	10119   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppies4.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	10120  

Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 AM
PetFinder Guru

Default Re: My Aquatic Friends

and more pictures!

as for now, i have only 2 tanks (a 3feet long tank with 1 silver arowana, 6 red parrots and 1 brown pleco + a 1.5feet long tank with 8 types of guppies, 2 cherry shrimps and 1 black spot pleco). enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	guppies5.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	10121   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppies6.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	10122   Click image for larger version

Name:	silverarowana&redparrots.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	10123   Click image for larger version

Name:	silverarowana&redparrots2.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	10124  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianng87 View Post
and more pictures!

as for now, i have only 2 tanks (a 3feet long tank with 1 silver arowana, 6 red parrots and 1 brown pleco + a 1.5feet long tank with 8 types of guppies, 2 cherry shrimps and 1 black spot pleco). enjoy!
cherry shrimps aku mati..ade any tips x?ph plg sesuai berape?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahcats View Post
cherry shrimps aku mati..ade any tips x?ph plg sesuai berape?
shah, ph utk freshwater cherry shrimp ni around 7.6 je. make sure air tank shah ditukar 30% setiap minggu sbb cherry shrimp ni prone to nitrate poisoning. pastikan juga makanan shah bagi kat ikan and cherry shrimp adalah tanpa copper (baca label makanan ikan sbelum beli!) kekadang kita pun tak sure sangat pasal tank kita ada tak presence copper sebab ada certain paip rumah kita diperbuat dari copper, copper akan masuk skali dalam kualiti air paip kita tanpa kita sedari, jika shah tak sure lagi, boleh check pakai copper-kit (boleh didapati die kedai2 akuariuam mana2 juga).
Old 09-21-2010, 12:16 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
shah, ph utk freshwater cherry shrimp ni around 7.6 je. make sure air tank shah ditukar 30% setiap minggu sbb cherry shrimp ni prone to nitrate poisoning. pastikan juga makanan shah bagi kat ikan and cherry shrimp adalah tanpa copper (baca label makanan ikan sbelum beli!) kekadang kita pun tak sure sangat pasal tank kita ada tak presence copper sebab ada certain paip rumah kita diperbuat dari copper, copper akan masuk skali dalam kualiti air paip kita tanpa kita sedari, jika shah tak sure lagi, boleh check pakai copper-kit (boleh didapati die kedai2 akuariuam mana2 juga).
owh ok2..thanks wei..ko tahu tak pasal batu yang letak kat filter..cerita sikit..aku tanya kat kedai,,tp dorg xtahu gak..
Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
owh ok2..thanks wei..ko tahu tak pasal batu yang letak kat filter..cerita sikit..aku tanya kat kedai,,tp dorg xtahu gak..
batu ape ni? batu diamond? batu kat filter yang aku tau cuma batu karbon je. joking2...

kalau nak tahu, batu2 karbon ni yang specialize tuk air akuarium kita ni berfungsi untuk membersihkan kualiti air akuarium kita yang kelihatan coklat kekuningan, ini sering berlaku jika air paip rumah kita kotor atau ada pakai kayu dalam akuarium. warna air akan menjadi macam tu. selain itu, batu karbon ini juga berfungsi untuk membasmi bau ikan daripada akuarium kita yang sering memerangkap wap2 air. kadang2 kita da tukar air bersih2 pun ada bau ikan kuat lagi, jadi, kita boleh pakai batu karbon ni untuk settle masalah kedua2 ni, "killing two birds with one stone".
Old 10-19-2010, 06:43 PM
PetFinder Buddy

sphinxlover is on a distinguished road

where did you get the batu carbon???
Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxlover View Post
where did you get the batu carbon???
u can get the batu at any petshop..i bought mine kat sg buluh..only cost me rm10 per kg..beli 200gram da ckup for small filter..
Old 10-20-2010, 03:10 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
u can get the batu at any petshop..i bought mine kat sg buluh..only cost me rm10 per kg..beli 200gram da ckup for small filter..
oooh ok i'll try sungai buluh. At sungai siput petshops didn't have any, so thats why i was wondering.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
oooh ok i'll try sungai buluh. At sungai siput petshops didn't have any, so thats why i was wondering.
sg siput? u mean perak?
Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
sg siput? u mean perak?
yup thats the place
Old 10-27-2010, 09:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

hi sphinxlover, hows the carbon filter you are using now? any luck finding your black moors?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 PM
PetFinder Buddy

haven't gotten the carbon filter yet cus haven't been to the pet store for a while, I don't have a car:(. And the black moor goldfish looks like i have to go to ipoh to search for one, but haven't had time to do that since no one would drive me around. And if i can't find any in ipoh, i'll travel to KL just to find one when i visit there. Do you know if pet shops change like switch the kind of fish they sell when they are resupplying their store or are they are constant with the type of fish they sell? Just wondering and if you don't know its okay.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

no worries, i got what you mean.

i would say, some running low budget aquarium shops, yes. but for the big aquarium shops, i can tell that they will restock according the breed of fishes they started to sell from the beginning, unless, trend-fishes like flower horn and arowana, of course they will stop or retake a little order when if the trend is already going slow. here in kl, there are a lot of aquarium shops which i find interesting and helpful. i like going to aquarium shops, sometimes when if i get bored, i would just travel around to see if there's any other fantastic aquarium shops, i would just travel with my friend even to sungai buloh or petaling jaya just to check out the shrimps and aquarium accessories.

black moor is easy to find here, there's no depending on season cos goldfish is domestically bred. i used to keep goldfish, but after all my years of experience dealing with fishes, dont sweat if i tell you this k , but i find goldfish is among hardest fish to keep as their immune system is weak and prone to a lot of disease.

anyways, if you happen to visit kl, i will let you know places you can find black moor.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
no worries, i got what you mean.

i would say, some running low budget aquarium shops, yes. but for the big aquarium shops, i can tell that they will restock according the breed of fishes they started to sell from the beginning, unless, trend-fishes like flower horn and arowana, of course they will stop or retake a little order when if the trend is already going slow. here in kl, there are a lot of aquarium shops which i find interesting and helpful. i like going to aquarium shops, sometimes when if i get bored, i would just travel around to see if there's any other fantastic aquarium shops, i would just travel with my friend even to sungai buloh or petaling jaya just to check out the shrimps and aquarium accessories.

black moor is easy to find here, there's no depending on season cos goldfish is domestically bred. i used to keep goldfish, but after all my years of experience dealing with fishes, dont sweat if i tell you this k , but i find goldfish is among hardest fish to keep as their immune system is weak and prone to a lot of disease.

anyways, if you happen to visit kl, i will let you know places you can find black moor.
Thanks adrianng will do:3
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
haven't gotten the carbon filter yet cus haven't been to the pet store for a while, I don't have a car:(. And the black moor goldfish looks like i have to go to ipoh to search for one, but haven't had time to do that since no one would drive me around. And if i can't find any in ipoh, i'll travel to KL just to find one when i visit there. Do you know if pet shops change like switch the kind of fish they sell when they are resupplying their store or are they are constant with the type of fish they sell? Just wondering and if you don't know its okay.
ipoh...:D
i still remember when i was 13..i went to ipoh just for buy 3 goldfish..haha..
from what i heard..there are few goldfish's farm in ipoh..is it true?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:25 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
ipoh...:D
i still remember when i was 13..i went to ipoh just for buy 3 goldfish..haha..
from what i heard..there are few goldfish's farm in ipoh..is it true?
hmmmm im not sure about that, i'll look into that....
And update went to ipoh to go find black moor but instead found ryukins which is awesome as i love those fish. So i settled for the ryukins and ish happy about it:) Also found lionhead goldfish too sold for 2.40. Is that expensive for a lionhead goldfish and ryukin?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
PetFinder Guru

price of lionhead (aka oranda) and ryukin depends also from it's origin breeder. normally locally bred goldfish is cheaper than the ones you get import from china. to determine it, the imported goldfishes will have larger and round stomach, this is what the people fancy china goldfishes.

imported ones size at about 4cm will cost you RM8-30 per fish. size at 8cm will cost you about RM30-RM300. All depending on its breed quality. whereas the local bred will cost you less than the china import ones half of it.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Here's more picture of the little after make over of my little guppy tank!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	guppies7.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	10357   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppies8.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	10358   Click image for larger version

Name:	guppies9.jpg
Views:	236