Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 01-04-2012, 02:55 AM
Animal Lover

froggie is on a distinguished road
Question Cat Sanctuary set up

Hi..

I'm net to this site; joined out of desperation really as in need of something and can't seem to find the answer online.

My sis and I are setting up a cat rescue centre.
We're still learning the ropes, but already have some cats there (mostly hers and a those belonging to a recently deceased friend...his family didn't want to care for the cats) as well as a few rescued from the streets (mostly pregnant moms).

We've been trying to locate some cat food suppliers/distributors, such as Royal Canin, but there's just no answer on their FB page.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get ahold of them?
Also, anyone with any advise on getting this cat sanctuary set up, would really appreciate your advise.

We have a strictly no euthanasia policy.

Thanks a bunch!
Froggie
Old 01-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Animal Lover

jason_loh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Sanctuary set up

Where is your shelter?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Jason,

Thanks for responding.

Curently we're located at Sg Buloh. But that's a temp solution until we find a more suitable location.

Have you any advise/suggestions or supplier contacts who can help us out?
Or do you have cats that need a new home?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Animal Lover

jason_loh is on a distinguished road

As a matter of fact, i have a cat that needs a new home.
And on Sg Buloh issue, i think u need to move to some other place like Subang Jaya or Puchong, because these are the places that i've never heard of a no-kill shelter yet, and there's already a no-kill shelter called Furry Friends Farm at Kundang which is right next to Sg Buloh, so placing your shelter at the places i mentioned above would really serve the community a great deal of favour.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
PetFinder Buddy

irenelance is on a distinguished road

hey froggie..such a noble effort and i thank u for that..

my apartment area have lots of stray cats and they've been i'll treated by these so called human..for now, me and this nice aunty are feeding them..but obviuosly the environment is not as clean as we would've hoped..

one time some psycho neighbour threw some kitties at the aunty's door until they're dead..and the kids there i tell u are psychotic also!! i have no place to walk my cats anymore..my cats even hissed everytime i try to bring them out! crazy people la

so if ur place can serve them better, i definitely would like to send them to u..at least all the kittens can grow healthy and stress-free
Old 07-23-2012, 03:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

jouhari is on a distinguished road

froggie, you logged on twice and dissapeared. anything I could help you with your quest?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Animal Lover

huhunenec is on a distinguished road

Hi froggie, there is a stray mother cat here in my fren's house, the mother cat just brought in her kittens to the house today. My fren already have 3 cats of their own and fostering some others. Now they have to keep all the cats in the cages because my fren's grandma is sick and need clean enviroment. The family couldnt allow kittens walking around in the house, and their neighbors are crazy animal haters, they would lodge a complain even tho the cat just walk by their house. The family is thinking to dump them somewhere else if they couldnt find anyone to take them. Could you help?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Animal Lover

carries is on a distinguished road

If you are really serious about setting up the shelter, you should get in touch with SPCA, PAWS etc and ask for some assistance from them.

The food cost is not the only expense you will incur.
The biggest expense will be the medical bills.

It therefore makes good sense to try and see if you can link up with an established rescue operation that has full time vet services and try to work out something with them.

Please note that the established animal shelters would be able to help advise you on what facilities you need etc etc

Also, from what i have researched, if you are new and small, you might also want to team up with other small rescuers in your area. That way, you will have a larger pool of helpers and you guys might be able to pool resources.

Lastly, if yours is an actual shelter meaning that you are willing to shelter the animals long term, then you could do an exchange program with SPCA or PAWS where you can trade your adoptable strays for their unadoptable strays.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Animal Lover

PplRMean is on a distinguished road

Hi Froggie

U are doing a really noble job. I'm new to this site too, also like some ppl here, out of desperation. I'm afraid I can't help u with the setting up of your sanctuary, instead, I need some kind cat lovers to help me. I rescued 3 cats fr my gated n guarded area in Sg Long. I managed to neuter 2 males, but found that I neutered one, a little too late. The female cat gave birth inside my customised cage. Now I have 4 kittens (total 7 cats in the cage)! My neighbour is a hater of cats. She has already complained many times to the mgmt here abt my cats..... And she will continue to do so, as long as I live here. I'm so stressed out.

Because of my kindness, 3 other cats r coming to my house for food. I managed to spay a female 'Mummy', but the other 2(male & female) I ave difficult catching them. They scratch n bite and r really fierce! Lately, the female 'StepMa' gave birth to another 4 kittens in my compound! Oh no!!!!! The male 'Bushy Tail' comes around to eat one in a while. Can't catch him.

If my neighbour knew abt these 4 new kittens, she'll complain even more to the mgmt. I'm so stressed out!

I need help to catch Bushy Tail and later Step Ma to be sterilised. I emailed SPCA for help, but no reply. Bushy Tail is a lovely bushy tailed cat abandoned by one of the resident here when they moved. Step Ma came from somewhere..... Sigh..... I'm selling my house as a result of my neighbor's harrassment.

Pls, someone, help. Step Ma has a cute 3 month old kitten called Squirrell (looks like it). Very good natured. If anyone wants to adopt him, pls let me know. Thank you.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Animal Lover

shazshera is on a distinguished road

Dear PplRMean,

I share ur predicament. Except that since ppl know that I love cats n rescued 2( 1 preggy now have 4 big kittens) on top of my own, they dump weeks old kittens in my compound. In a span of 1 1/2 months 8 kittens were dumped, latest last Monday.

My neighbour has yet to complain to the authorities but has been "asking" me to dump the kittens elsewhere. Even suggested tactics used by her mom when dumping cats elsewhere so that they will never return.

I'll be putting these cats up for adoption soon once the kittens are certified healthy n the bigger ones spayed/neutered. I need to let them all go as my own cats are extremely stressed with the increased population. I am financially strained too as I am only a homemaker.

Good luck to you and may God bless u for ur kind heart.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Animal Lover

Dear Shazshera

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, u have a handful too. Don't you think ppl r mean? Sigh.... I want to sterilised all of them ASAP, but the kittens r too young. I think if ppl care enough, everyone should just catch one cat to neuter/spay, and the area will be better off.

Anyway, your neighbor, is she very hostile? Mine is. Tak boleh tahan her already. I have posted a pic of Squirrel already, hopefully, someone will adopt her for life.

Thanks again for your kind words. Yes, I have spent abt 3 thousand on medicAl bills and food already. My rescued cat Smoky, has bladder prob. I have to clean him and his poo tray all the time, sometimes 6 times within 10 minutes! Stressed. Then the 7 cats in my cage, mornings and bites , lots of poo and pee. Clean and scrub the floor when necessary. Keeping them clean and less smelly takes up a lot of my time.

Take care. Hope we can share some good news some day. God bless u too.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Animal Lover

shazshera is on a distinguished road

Dear PplRMean,

Tq for ur kind words too.

my neighbour is not that hostile just that they r simple people. why take it upon urself all these trouble when u can just do like other ppl do, dump these cats somewhere n be done with it. unfortunately i can't do that.

however another neighbour is known to poisoned n injured other neighbours' cats.

like u i m swamped with cleaning chores after the cats. inside n outside. my inside cats r so stressed that they hv started spaying, pee n poo inside but not in their litter boxes. especially so when the kittens arrived.

oh well, i hv been thinking of moving house too, with bigger space, high wall, etc, but wishful thinking.

got the go ahead from my vet that the kittens r healthy, just vacinations in 2 weeks time. while my fractured leg stray has been okayed by my vet, just need some caged rest.

really hope my kittens will find their forever home too.

take care.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Shazshera

I'm like you. I just cannot dump the cats somewhere and be done with it. Especially after i got to know each one of these furry animals..... All of them have some kind of story i can tell anyone who's willing to listen. And like you, I wish I could move to a corner lot house, and one with high fencing! Yeah, wishful thinking......

I understand how much work u hv to put in too.... I wonder how many more ppl r like us, with hostile neighbors to put up with.

My destiny.... I was never a cat person before I moved to this new house 3 years ago.....then I met 'Mummy' and 'Papa' cat...... My life has turned upside down...

Take care. u r doing a good 'job'.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Animal Lover

Hi all,

Thank you so much for responding.
I apologise for not replying to any messages sooner, but things have been quite hectic with setting up the sanctuary, pet shop and my studies.

PplRMean...so happy to see you here!
Your cats are safe and well at our place
Heard from my sis Smoky's had an adoption inquiry?
Have not spoken to the lady personally, but trust instinct will guide you to find a great mom for him.

To everyone else...
Our place is unfortunately full!
We have too many cats already and not enough funds to care for more.
We would appreciate volunteers to help out at the sanctuary, if anyone is interested.
You can help us clean or play with the cats, we're open 7 days a week.
Donation in cash or kind is also very much welcomed.

Please do PM me for more info.

Thank you

Froggie
Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Froggie!!! It's you!!!! Oh, wow!!! Met you many times, and now my kids are there, and I didn't know Froggie is YOU! Destiny...... Thank you so much for taking in my kids. I pledge to help you to the best of my ability. See you soon!

Dear cat lovers, if you need to adopt any cats, please contact Froggie. She really has some nice ones in Sg Buloh.