Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 12-23-2009, 02:13 PM
PetFinder Buddy

azzudagreat is on a distinguished road
Default male cat on heat??

hi sume,

azu xtau le ape term utk male cat yg on heat...time2 gini mmg dia suke kencing merata eh??sbb azu x neuter dia lagi sbb dia ni home cat...ape azu leh wat supaya dia xkencing merata selain dr neuter kn dia ek??

harap2 pd yg experience bleh la bg pndapat
TQ
Old 12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Kucing on heat tu yg tengah nak mengawan cari pasangan. klu kencing merata2 di kalangan kucing jantan yg tak di zass adalah perkara biasa.dia mark territory dia. seeloknya zass kucing jantan tu supaya dia stop spray.bagaimanapun terdapat kes dimana kuicng jantan yg telah pun di zass msh spray sana sini tp peratus sgt rendah.mgkn dlm 20%. ini terjadi klu kucing jantan yg telah pun sexually mature baru dizass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzudagreat View Post
hi sume,

azu xtau le ape term utk male cat yg on heat...time2 gini mmg dia suke kencing merata eh??sbb azu x neuter dia lagi sbb dia ni home cat...ape azu leh wat supaya dia xkencing merata selain dr neuter kn dia ek??

harap2 pd yg experience bleh la bg pndapat
TQ
Old 12-23-2009, 02:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

crool is on a distinguished road
Default Re: male cat on heat??

Quote:
Kucing on heat tu yg tengah nak mengawan cari pasangan. klu kencing merata2 di kalangan kucing jantan yg tak di zass adalah perkara biasa.dia mark territory dia. seeloknya zass kucing jantan tu supaya dia stop spray.bagaimanapun terdapat kes dimana kuicng jantan yg telah pun di zass msh spray sana sini tp peratus sgt rendah.mgkn dlm 20%. ini terjadi klu kucing jantan yg telah pun sexually mature baru dizass.
kak kcg crool kan lain pulak... yg betina pula kencing merata2 terutamanya c daisy n reveira yg lain teda masalah...yg jantan so far xder malalah..hehe..pembersih..keke
Old 12-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Animal Lover

kuicng betina pun ada yg kencing merata2.mau cop dia punya territory juga tp yg paling common kucing jantan terutama yg blm di zass tu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crool View Post
kak kcg crool kan lain pulak... yg betina pula kencing merata2 terutamanya c daisy n reveira yg lain teda masalah...yg jantan so far xder malalah..hehe..pembersih..keke
Old 12-23-2009, 04:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

rock is on a distinguished road

azzu,kucing jantan saya pun pernah macam ni..
selama ni,saya tak pernah terfikir pn saya neuter kan kucing saya,sb masa tu,saya hanya bela sekor je kucing..bila dh tak tahan sangat,asyik spray merata2,saya search kat internet cari maklumat nk hentikan kucing spray merata2 ni,jawapannya adalah neuter kan kucing tersebut...
dan kawan2 di sini pun,bagi jawapan yg sama...
walaupun dh agak terlewat,umur 4tahun lebih baru nk neuter,saya risau juga takut lepas neuter masih nk spray merata2 lagi kan,tapi macam ajaib pn ada,lepas pada tu,dia pee dekat pasir dia je..
hilang sengsara saya selama ni..
cuma keinginan kuat bergaduh je tk hilang lagi..
kebetulan pula,saya ada adopt sekor awek utk dia,selamatlah awek tu dr mengandung..
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Animal Lover

algojo is on a distinguished road

mmm...nak tanye...kucing saya female 5 months...baru2 ni perangai pelik skit...beguling2 & mengiau2...mcm gatal...bila saya google...itu adalah tanda2 on heat...so brp lama simptom yg mcm ni berlaku?? ada kah ianya sementara shj?? thank u..
Old 01-19-2010, 11:54 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by algojo View Post
mmm...nak tanye...kucing saya female 5 months...baru2 ni perangai pelik skit...beguling2 & mengiau2...mcm gatal...bila saya google...itu adalah tanda2 on heat...so brp lama simptom yg mcm ni berlaku?? ada kah ianya sementara shj?? thank u..
If your female cat does not mate, she will go into oestrus as often as every two to three weeks, for several months each year, until she either mates or is spayed. Cats as young as 4 months old can go into the heat cycle, and they should be spayed as soon as possible. If spaying is not immediately possible then your vet may be able to give her hormones to stop the cycle. After all, the cycle is extremely uncomfortable for her, even if it does not inconvenience you.

It varies. It can be anywhere from two weeks to two to three months, and it's a cycle. So, she might be in heat for a month, and then a few months later go into heat again for a month. A cat can live for up to 20 years, and this cycle continues for the entire lifespan until one of two things happens: she mates, or she is spayed.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Animal Lover

thanks 4 answer...very helpful..

i've adopted my cat since she is 4 months old...and she just get the 2nd vaccination this month...and the 3rd one will be next month...is it ok if i spay her b4 she get full 3 vaccination for the 1st year?? i've google...some say wait until the vaccination complete for 1st year...

and what is the best age for female DLH ready to be a mummy?? i've read one article... say 8 months old...bcoz the previous owner want me to breed the cat as she will take care of the kitten...my sister also want her baby...its not a crime right??
Old 01-19-2010, 12:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by algojo View Post
thanks 4 answer...very helpful..

i've adopted my cat since she is 4 months old...and she just get the 2nd vaccination this month...and the 3rd one will be next month...is it ok if i spay her b4 she get full 3 vaccination for the 1st year?? i've google...some say wait until the vaccination complete for 1st year...

and what is the best age for female DLH ready to be a mummy?? i've read one article... say 8 months old...bcoz the previous owner want me to breed the cat as she will take care of the kitten...my sister also want her baby...its not a crime right??
Kittens can be spayed as early as 6 weeks; however, ideally they should be spayed between 8 weeks to 6 months. That is called "Juvenile" or "Early" spay. The younger the kitten, the more quickly they recover and less pain they experience. The risk involved with anesthesia are only slightly higher if they are under 8 weeks.

Not all veterinarians are trained to perform surgery on young cats. It is special training, so if your veterinarian is not trained to perform juvenile spays, then as close to 6 months as your veterinarian advises. Definitely try to have her spayed before her first heat cycle to benefit her the most.

And Yes, you should wait till your kitten is fully vacinated before getting her spayed.

Its definitely not a crime if you want to breed your cat. But you must understand the population of cats in Malaysia is unbelievable! Nearly all experts will tell you that you should spay your cat instead of breed it. No matter what experts have to say, a lot of people want to have a litter of kittens from their cat. Before you decide to breed your cat, there are a few things that you should think about.

The first thing you should know is that breeding cats takes time. For the next two months after the litter is born, you’ll need to clean the area on a daily basis. You’ll also need to watch over the kittens as well, and keep a close eye on how they are developing. If you plan to breed a litter of cats, you won’t have time for much of anything else.

Breeding cats will also require a good degree of space as well. If you have a small apartment, you shouldn’t attempt to breed a cat. You should also make sure that your family agrees with the idea, as it isn’t good for the kittens if you keep them locked up. Keep in mind that kittens like to see things; they’ll end up going all over your home as well.

Breeding cats also requires a degree of responsibility as well. You should always have a plan of approach, including homes for the kittens to go that you aren’t planning to keep. Keep in mind that things can change, someone who wanted a cat may change his mind once the litter is born. In this event, you must decide whether or not you can keep a kitten that doesn’t have a home.

Breeding also requires some education as well. You should be prepared for any problems along the way, as well as what takes place during birth. From cutting umbilical cords to delivering early, you’ll need to be well prepared. You should also have the proper supplies, and know how to handle things in the event of a c-section. You’ll also need to know what to feed pregnant cats, as their diets are very important if you are breeding.

Breeding will also cost money as well, with kittens costing a lot more money than you may think. The food isn’t the only thing that’s expensive, as the vet bills can also get expensive. Even though you may go through the entire pregnancy without going to the vet, you’ll still need de-worming and vaccination medicines as well.

In short, there is a lot to think about where breeding is concerned. If you have your mind set on it and you want to breed, you should be sure that you have the proper knowledge and everything you need before hand. You should always be ready to handle anything associated with breeding – and prepare yourself for the worst possible scenario.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Animal Lover

thank u so much felix...

i'll advise my sis and previous owner, just adopt a cat...hehe...i'm not ready yet to be 'bidan'...
Old 01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

Zarul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
If your female cat does not mate, she will go into oestrus as often as every two to three weeks, for several months each year, until she either mates or is spayed. Cats as young as 4 months old can go into the heat cycle, and they should be spayed as soon as possible. If spaying is not immediately possible then your vet may be able to give her hormones to stop the cycle. After all, the cycle is extremely uncomfortable for her, even if it does not inconvenience you.

It varies. It can be anywhere from two weeks to two to three months, and it's a cycle. So, she might be in heat for a month, and then a few months later go into heat again for a month. A cat can live for up to 20 years, and this cycle continues for the entire lifespan until one of two things happens: she mates, or she is spayed.
yang bab ni saya tak tahan....cant stand the sound of a female cat on heat..
Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarul View Post
yang bab ni saya tak tahan....cant stand the sound of a female cat on heat..
Nasib kucing Nurul tak macam tu
Kalo tak kena la ambil kapas sumbat dalam telinga

Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Nasib kucing Nurul tak macam tu
Kalo tak kena la ambil kapas sumbat dalam telinga
tu sebabnya all my cat are neutered and spayed....saya telinga tak leh dengar bunyi kucing on heat. bunyi baby nangis pun merungsingkan saya
Old 01-19-2010, 05:50 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarul View Post
tu sebabnya all my cat are neutered and spayed....saya telinga tak leh dengar bunyi kucing on heat. bunyi baby nangis pun merungsingkan saya
Adeh... kalo ada bby nanti macam mana la Zarul?
Kucing Nurul pula yang jantan je dah nuetered.
Yang betina tak tapi alhamdulilah mereka tak bising

Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
tak tau la macam mana
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road

i pon nak neuter my male kitten next 4th month~

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Animal Lover

Bagus tu Joey coz for me,neuter dulu baru fikir pasal vaksin.klu my house cat cukup 2 bulan I antar vaksin,cukup 5-6 bln I antar pi neuter.tp klu strays,before fikir pasal vaksin,I antar pi neuter dulu before they have the chance to multiply. faham2 ler saja dgn strays ni.cepat betul membiak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey'A View Post
i pon nak neuter my male kitten next 4th month~
Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 AM
PetFinder Guru

Halim66 is on a distinguished road

Mine are all males...so far i didn't see much different between my neutered and unneuter males or before and after... semua lasak dan suka merayau kat luar rumah and non of them is a sprayer... Mungkin area rumah i tak byk atau sangat kurang kucing liar atau kucing betina, so godaan kurenggggg.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 AM
PetFinder Guru

Suhaimy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim66 View Post
Mine are all males...so far i didn't see much different between my neutered and unneuter males or before and after... semua lasak dan suka merayau kat luar rumah and non of them is a sprayer... Mungkin area rumah i tak byk atau sangat kurang kucing liar atau kucing betina, so godaan kurenggggg.
Semuanya hero je ke bro? Tak ada heroin ke? Tak boleh buat cerita hindustan versi kucing la ni . Tp bro, sy pernah tgk male cat panjat male cat kat rumah kwn. Tp tak tau la apa yg dibuatnya. Bila tanya owner, "yg kat bawah tu female ke?" Owner jawab "tak la, male & dua 2 tu dah spayed". Maybe gurau2 kot tp siap geget cam nak mating je tgk. Huhu! Ntah la. Asal dah zass tak apa la. Mmg owner dia ckp tak pancut merata lps spayed, cuma suka panjat2 sama sendiri
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Animal Lover

Forrester is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Felix The Cat, do you know that EVERY time your unspayed female cat goes into heat but does not get pregnant her it INCREASES her risk of developing cancer in her womb? And that the hormonal injections given to the unspayed female cats to control the heat cycle actually causes damage to her womb and greatly increases her risk of developing cancer? If you love your cats, always neuter them early. Forget about having kittens, you can get very nice ones from the street (free) or pet shops (pay), save them and give them a loving home to stop their suffering. What happens if your cat gives birth to sickly, handicapped or plain-looking kittens that you do not fall in love with? Why take the risk? I strongly advise you guys to go out there and choose the cutest homeless kitten your heart desires ... in the street or at the pet shop ... just stop the breeding! Too many already out there and too much suffering, too many killed every week worldwide - sick or healthy, pretty or ugly, very young kittens or adults, pregnant or not ... all killed because of overpopulation! Think about it ....