Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 01-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Animal Lover

azzu02 is on a distinguished road
Default bau mulut kucing

kucing saya kebanyakkannya suka tido kat dada saya dengan kepala diorang dekat dengan muka tatkala saya menonton tv. tapi yang tak bestnya diorang suka menguap dan bau dari mulut diorang...mak aiii....nak marah pun ada.., hilang iq 10 persen. so tiap kali doirang nguap, saya tutup hidung.

diorang makan kibbles dan juga wetfood.

so macam mana nak hilangkan bau mulut kucing?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:52 AM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Default Re: bau mulut kucing

Oxyfresh pet gel , just rub on ur kitty's gums and bagi dia 'dental' treats.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Animal Lover

'dental treats'? the only treats that they ever accepted was wet food...and more wetfood..... can you recommend me a "dental" treat(s)?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve

Vitakraft Denta Grossys Anti-Plaque Snack or Vita-Dent Snack
@ Pet Lovers Centre less than RM 10.00 each but the Oxyfresh got powder can use to bubur sikit dalam air...i usually use Oxyfresh pet gel about RM 30 or so. Kalau ade luka pun I guna yang tu xde masalah.
And their water got few drops of apple cider vinegar. I'm using organic brand called Bragg's.
They are eating wet food most of the time and kibbles as a snack between meals. I just bubur kibbles dalam mangkok sikit aje.
May I ask what kind of wetfood you are talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzu02 View Post
'dental treats'? the only treats that they ever accepted was wet food...and more wetfood..... can you recommend me a "dental" treat(s)?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Animal Lover

the supermarket ones unfortunately. i give them blackwood and go natural! for kibbles but they still insist on the cheap wetfood as it tastes as natural as they like it. some of them sanggup tak makan kibbles just because they want the wet food. most of the time i end up mixing kibbles and wet food so that at least they eat. *shrugs*.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

Wet food from canned are mostly one of the cause of bad breath.
Please let me know if you tried my suggestions.

Some kitties are choosy.
This is what I always do for my babies.
I gave them Evo in can/Natural Balance/Fussie sometimes Whiskas if none available already and in dinner time, I always prepare raw beef bone or slightly steam lamb sometimes I mix steam fish/liver/olive oil then I change the fish to chicken and blanch half stalk of celery or parsley sometimes oatmeal or sweet potato and blender it well.
Most of their wet food must have olive oil or vinegar even the canned food I have to warm it up then I add olive oil 3 tbs of olive oil before serve.
I don't fed them directly from can.
Our BSH, Miwako hated cold wet food and cold water.
Between meals is Orijen before Evo but not too tasty for them so I switch to Orijen and they love it.
There is no grains so I don't worry about them getting sick or they lose their furs or cirit birit.

It works for my kitties and since childhood, it works to all the pets at my parent's home. But when I was in form 5 my parents went strictly for BARF diet.
In Sabah got holistic vets and cheaper than west. Bbut that was in Sabah and now I'm in the west so I just do what we usually do at home.
No problem in fussy pets. hehe I dont have problem with bau mulut or poo.
Coz I clean their litter once a day and weekly cleaning of litter box .
I make sure they have plenty of fresh water to wash out their smelly mouth after eating, during playing, after they wake up and when I came back home from work.
Always their water has few drops of apple cider vinegar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzu02 View Post
the supermarket ones unfortunately. i give them blackwood and go natural! for kibbles but they still insist on the cheap wetfood as it tastes as natural as they like it. some of them sanggup tak makan kibbles just because they want the wet food. most of the time i end up mixing kibbles and wet food so that at least they eat. *shrugs*.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 PM
PetFinder Buddy

graceccy87 is on a distinguished road

it is suitable for kitten about two months old? My kitty on 7 weeks old (orphaned kitty), so she weaned early. Tho we feed her plently of water, wet food, and oso dry food.. her mouth still smell bad.. altho i love her alots.. it still kinda gross me when she come very near my face..
Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

anizarina is on a distinguished road

try to bring it to vet? i am not sure but when the 1st time i got Bubuye, i bring her to vet. she say if the mouth is smelly, kene check lah. luckily mulut bubuye tak berbau. But, the vet did mention, kadang2 will smelly kejap if our cat baru bangun tidur n menguap. ala, like we human, if we wake up after a long sleep, mulut berbau sekejap kan?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
PetFinder Guru

x-rulez is on a distinguished road

betol...mcm kucing sy mula2 bru bela pun mulut dia berbau... tak tau knapa...tp bila dh lama bela dlm 1-2 mggu mulut dia dh tak de bau sgt....maybe sbb cara kita bg dia mkn kot...
Old 06-11-2011, 04:43 AM
PetFinder Buddy

miaomiao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelleve View Post
Always their water has few drops of apple cider vinegar.
any kind of apple cider vinegar will do? the ones we can find in supermarket will do fine?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:30 AM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Miaomiao,
Boleh as long as it is apple cider just look for organic and 100% pure. Felix the cat using Bragg's too.
It helps a lot but please put few drops only.
I'm feeding my kitties more wet food but no problem in bad breath or smelly poo. Their teeth are not yellowish even for my adult cats.
You can also use this solution to spray ur cats during itchy times as 1st aid or disinfecting your kitties 40% water and60% apple cider then dry if it is too acidic try 50/50. My kitty, Ashanta, has sensitive skin but she is alright with 60 a.vinegar/40 water.
Or every last rinse during a bath add 2 teaspoon in one water scoop.
It avoids hot spots, UTI, fungal and fleas.
Anyway, even if your cats lick it, it is totally good for your kitties.
Hope this info. helps.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Eve

P/S: Human benefit from this a lot. example one tbsp. taken orally is for weight loss, skin, dandruff and so many benefits. Look it up in Google for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaomiao View Post
any kind of apple cider vinegar will do? the ones we can find in supermarket will do fine?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:11 PM
PetFinder Buddy

miaomiao is on a distinguished road

thanks! petang ni boleh pergi jalan2 cari cider