Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Animal Lover

AsyikinAhmad is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Kucingku kencing merata2

Kucing saya kini berusia hampir 4 bulan n telah bersama saya selama 1 bulan (adopt daripada PetFinder member). Ia tiada masalah untuk membuang air besar dalam litter box (sentiasa dalam keadaan bersih). Tapi, bila dia kencing, dia akan kencing merata2, selalunya atas lantai. Setiap kali pun, saya akan bersihkan dan hilangkan bau. Tapi, masih dibuat perkara yang sama. Kucing saya ni saya lepaskan untuk bermain dalam rumah (indoor cat). Yang peliknya, bila berak,tau pulak guna litter box, bila kencing, kencing atas lantai. Saya dah try kurung dia beberapa hari, tapi, masih jugak nak kencing tempat yang sama (terutama bila malam, sebab saya tido dalam bilik,dia dilepaskan je. Adakala bila saya pergi keje, bila balik, ada bau hancing kucing). Macam mana nak kembalikan dia kecing dalam litter box? Sebelum ni ok je...dalam 2 minggu ni baru berperangai macam ni...Tolonglah saya. Habis akal da nak mengajar...
Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Animal Lover

ferdaus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kucingku kencing merata2

kencing tempat sama ke? kalau tempat sama org ckp kene lap ngn petrol..nnt die x kencing dah kat situ..tp xtau la jd ke x..ada terbaca la..
Old 04-18-2011, 09:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

sharina is on a distinguished road

uuuuiii jangan sental dengan petrol bahaya....

pakai limau nipis sudah sental kat tempat die melepas tu, nanti die tak bau lagi die tak la buat project kat situ..pe kata buat masa ni, letak litter box kat tempat die suke melepas tu..maybe die akan tahu nanti...

rasanya kat thread ada gak tentang nak train kucing pakai litter box tapi kene cari la..

ni pula laman web saya selalu baca kalau nak cari informasi..harap boleh membantu
http://www.catsofaustralia.com/kitten_toilet_train.htm

good luck!!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Hi Asyikin,

First of all I think you will need to bring your cat to the vet to check it out and see if it is suffering from UTI. Cats who have urinary problems will tend to pee outside the litter box. If the Vet rules out UTI then you will need to find what is causing your kitten to pee outside the box.

Maybe your cat does not like the litter that you use or perhaps the litter box.

You might want to use two litter box one for poo poo and one for pee pee. Maybe your cat does not like to poo and pee inside the same box. You need to slowly find the root of the problem.

Good luck!

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 04-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Animal Lover

toffeecino is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree with Ms.Felix the Cat. Especially kalau dia kena infection or bladder stone, cat prefer tempat yg sejuk,like lantai tu pee pee,less painful perhaps. Better be safe than sorry. Because I just lost 2 cats from bladder stones, and one is still on medication even though i fed them premium food.
if not urinary tract infection, than you need to be patient la to train him.
it take us months to potty train a human child, apakan lagi feline.
for the smell, you can use diluted oranges,limes or lemon juices because cats
dont like citrusses, i think because it can reduce their sense of smell, although some of my cats like (dont know why)
Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffeecino View Post
Yes, I agree with Ms.Felix the Cat. Especially kalau dia kena infection or bladder stone, cat prefer tempat yg sejuk,like lantai tu pee pee,less painful perhaps. Better be safe than sorry. Because I just lost 2 cats from bladder stones, and one is still on medication even though i fed them premium food.
if not urinary tract infection, than you need to be patient la to train him.
it take us months to potty train a human child, apakan lagi feline.
for the smell, you can use diluted oranges,limes or lemon juices because cats
dont like citrusses, i think because it can reduce their sense of smell, although some of my cats like (dont know why)
Hi Toffeecino,

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Anyway, just wanted to share a home remedy with you for kidney stones.
Try buying Apple Vinegar Cider and put two to three drops in your cats drinking water. Apple Vinegar Cider has many benefits for us as well as our pets.

Apple Vinegar Cider's benefits :-

- reduce kidney stones in the bladder
- natural way of keeping fleas and ticks away from your pets
- after bathing your cat rinse them with one cap of apple vinegar cider into half a pail of water and you will see the lovely shine on your cats coat and fur will be softer.
- Will give good bacteria in the digestive system and thus help your cat absorp more nutrients and vitamins into their body.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Animal Lover

toffeecino is on a distinguished road

Hi, Ms Felix the Cat. Thank you. I lost both of my furkids early march this year, only one week apart from each other. Still finding a way to not tearing up every minute. Thanks for your advice. Before i did use ACV for their skin when they have fungal infections. Now already start to give them water with ACV, since i saw one of your threads the other day. they seem to have no resistance to the ACV mixed water. But do you give them the distilled ACV or the organic raw ACV?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks for all the advise. Ari ni masalah baru pulak timbul. My cat poo poo at the place he normally pee pee. This act usually happen bila I ada kat rumah (tapi ada dalam bilik tido, atau bilik mandi, dia buat projek kat luar, seolah2 dia protes atau memberontak). Pelik kan? If I'm around, lepak depan TV, boleh pulak buat bisnes dalam litter box. Maybe I'll try Ms Felix's advice on separating the litter box for poo poo and pee pee. If it doesn't work, I need to bring him to Vet (in case it is health related issue).
Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffeecino View Post
Hi, Ms Felix the Cat. Thank you. I lost both of my furkids early march this year, only one week apart from each other. Still finding a way to not tearing up every minute. Thanks for your advice. Before i did use ACV for their skin when they have fungal infections. Now already start to give them water with ACV, since i saw one of your threads the other day. they seem to have no resistance to the ACV mixed water. But do you give them the distilled ACV or the organic raw ACV?
Hi Toffeecino.....

You are most welcome.
I understand the pain and grief that you had went through when losing the pets that we love.
Yes! You are right ACV helps cats with skin infection e.g. allergy too. I never tried with Fungal though . One of my Siamese has an allergic reaction to what the vet and me still can pin point so when I read an article about ACV can help with skin allergy I tried it out and viola it works. My cats skin is less red and itchy. Right now small fur is growing already. For your information I am using Braggs Apple Vinegar or you can buy the Organic one.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsyikinAhmad View Post
Thanks for all the advise. Ari ni masalah baru pulak timbul. My cat poo poo at the place he normally pee pee. This act usually happen bila I ada kat rumah (tapi ada dalam bilik tido, atau bilik mandi, dia buat projek kat luar, seolah2 dia protes atau memberontak). Pelik kan? If I'm around, lepak depan TV, boleh pulak buat bisnes dalam litter box. Maybe I'll try Ms Felix's advice on separating the litter box for poo poo and pee pee. If it doesn't work, I need to bring him to Vet (in case it is health related issue).
You are most welcome.
I pun ada seekor kucing macam you tapi dia pula terbalik
Dia wee wee dalam litter box dan poo poo kat luar pula
I found out the reason due to dia sangat fussy sebab dia tak suka litter box yang kotor.
After washing and replacing the litter, dia akan poo dan pee dalam situ tapi after 3 days, dia akan pee je dan poo kat luar. So, I kena pastikan litter box dia super CLEAN because dia nie fussy. Mungkin juga your cat memberontak sebab dia tak dapat tengok you masa you dalam bilik tido or bilik mandi .

Good luck hope you akan dapat cari jawapan dia.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Animal Lover

Smile Re: Kucingku kencing merata2

[QUOTE=Felix The Cat;95029]Mungkin juga your cat memberontak sebab dia tak dapat tengok you masa you dalam bilik tido or bilik mandi .

Dear Ms Felix The Cat. The probs have been resolved. It is true that my cat might memberontak cos he cannot enter my bedroom and my bathroom (both are ristricted area for him). This few days I have been trying this. Since this "pee pee or poo poo outside my room" attitude happen early in the morning, usually when I woke up, I have changed my habit also. Once I got up, I kurung him inside the 2nd bathroom (where his litter box is located). Let him do his business first as he also just woke up. After I took my bath, then I only let him go.

He tend to pee or poo in front of my room after I woke up cos I think he felt like I x pedulikan dia after I woke up. Cos I always go straight to shower. I think he acted that way cos he wanted my attention. Maybe it's his way to say "I'm the priority..layan me first"..haha...

So, after I woke up, he will run for me..and I will pet him..then kurung him for a while until he's done. Now, no problem with pee n poo merata2. I did this also because if I sleep with him (in front of TV-sometimes with him, sometimes alone in my bedroom cos it's restricted area for him), once we woke up, he directly go inside the bathroom and do his business. I think he misses me when we didn't sleep together..haha..this cat is clever..
Old 04-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Animal Lover

Luna10 is on a distinguished road

so comey
Old 06-07-2011, 02:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

hanissyazwan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna10 View Post
so comey
apa yg kau spam sunggu comel tu??? kau ni.. bagi la informasi berguna sikit..biar sesuai dgn tajuk... budak2 baru bela kucing nak tau info yg berguna...

btw,nama anak kucing aku yg perempuan pun luna...