Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Angry Heartless and Ignorant Pet-Owner

Hi all

just wanna share with you.

i was given to understand (from a source) that a neighbour of mine (who stays a couple of houses away) has threatened to poison my cat if my cat ever goes to her yard. according to the source, the cat in question is orange colour cat. and this threat was made recently, not in my hearing obviously but to other neighbours.

i was nonplussed by this as
1) my own cats have been indoor cats for more than 6 months already. granted initially in the 1st two months or so there were cases of escapes but we have managed to improvised so nowadays they're 100% indoor cat with no chances of "escaping".
2) my orange coloured cat has dissapeared in Jan 2008 this year, just two weeks shy of CNY celebration, and only reappeared on June 15 2008, ragged, thin and very much afraid of human contact. yet he returned to us, to our house to ask for "food" and to seek the companionship of his feline siblings. and he has not been allowed outside since and neither had he wanted or showed any inclination to venture out of our house having experience the cruel human nature firsthand.

with this, i wonder why she (this alleged animal lover and pet owner) would complaint about poisoning my orange cat if it ever venture into her yard again.

i had to assume that she's referring to the stray orange tom that has showed up about 1 month after our ginger returned home.

i can't for the life of me understand

1) why this neighbour insisted it's my cat - is she that "duh" to think that all cats that showed up is my cat - i certainly can't be the only cat owner around

2) how could she has the heart to want to poison any animals, be it stray or owned, when she herself keeps a golden retriever and a basset hound and she's proud of her dogs and proud of herself whenever we complimented her on her dogs as we also compliment her on her care and love for her dogs.

3) how could she wear her mask and smile and greet me in passing as a neigbhour when her black heart is already the demise of my pet (or alleged pet of mine)?

4) how could she be so egoistic to think the she and her family are the only human beings on earth who's have the right to keep pets and allow her pets to run free and be entitled to impose upon the rest of us the problems of listening to her dogs barking at all hours of the night while she and her family slept like the dead through it all

5) her dogs has also ran into my house the porch and had urinated and eliminated many times in front of my house so much that we have to look at the ground when we walk outside for fear of stepping on "land-mines". despite all these, we have never taken her to task for her irresponsible attitude for allowing her dog to defecate in front of my house - she is definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black

6) have i ever threatened to poison her dog should her dog defecate the front of my house again as well as the back of my house or run into my front yard? no, in fact, we went out of our way to ring her doorbell to alert her that her dogs are running loose and may be exposed to danger of accidents. twice my sis took her dogs back to her.

do i believe in this source? i had my doubts at first but i also recalled when my ginger boy went missing on 14th jan 2008, this lady had the gall to informed me that she had once chased and hit my cat because my cat happened to pass through her backyard on his way home to my house. at that point in time, she took delight in telling me what she did and at that point in time i wonder if i'd be arrested for slapping some sense into her - because she took delight in the suffering of a helpless creature that did no wrong. previously my tuxedo cat, nicky, went missing for 48hrs and came home limping and he hid underneath our bed whenever he heard the sound of my neighbours coming out into their back yard. one of them had hit him. he would race from the groundfloor up to the first floor of my house just to hide from them! he was that scared. luckily he was not permanently hurt in that encounter. and all my cats wore collars then as an indication to people that they're house pets and not stray animals

i had explained to my neighbours patiently many times before that my cats are house-trained and house-pet, they are toilet-trained so they would only return to my house for their toilet needs and they're very clean as i give them good vet care and flea treatment regulary, they were amazed that i even gave my cats vaccination - they say something like i'm dumb to do so much for cats - for they already presume the cats are those dirty noisy thieving creatures. i thought i had addressed their concerns about cats soiling their compounds and also cats bringing fleas to their house. but this didn't go through their thickheads. they were just pleased to wallow in their ignorance and continue to threaten my pets.

i'll tell you where i stay, so that if you are ever in the neighbourhood, and do come across this neighbour of mine, do stare hard and take a good look at that neighbourly face masking a black heart and ignorant mind.
if you ever come to jln desa utama in tmn desa old klang road and come across this person, do stare hard and remember an evil heart masquerading as animal lover!

Last edited by ashleywong; 09-15-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo error
Old 09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heartless and Ignorant Pet-Owner

humph.. bad story huh.. my neighbour also liked to do such to my dog.. he very clean n groomed like that.. once he was walking outside i saw the neighbour maid go spray him with hose.. i was washing car outside n she didnt know i was there. i go straight up to the maid and scold her scarily n angrily.. THIS DOG IS SO HARD TO MAINTAIN YOU ANYHOW SPRAY LIKE THAT YOU THINK SO EASY! BLA BLA BLA...

If you take such a good care of your cats by keeping them in, i think you should break hell loose on your neighbour, ask them you heard she want to poison a cat, which one is it and say careful later your dogs also eat poison..

maybe she thinks you are so nice, she so tough like that! if you ever get to catch one of her dogs you bring it to her and scare them a bit,

like "BECAREFUL WITH YOUR DOG, MY PET CAME BACK LIMPING... you never know what might happen to pets around here..." with a scary tone ahahaha so they would think twice to do anything to yours..

cheers ashley, all the best luck.. break hell loose!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

hi ferret

thanks for reading. it's such a shame there are so many people like this around.

i have thought taking it up with her but you see, i'm truly surrounded by creatures wearing human masks pretending to be "humans" with compassion whereas their true nature is meanness and self-centeredness.

it's true, the immediate neigbhours are like that. one is more tolerant but to a certain extent.

i decided not to make an issue unless i have direct and ample proof. then all hell will break loose for that person. until then, i will maintain neighbourly relations (in a fashion) for the sake of my furkids.

because evil people like this lurk hidden and unknown for they know how to present a mask to the world so you'd never know when you're actually facing one and when they'd actually strike!

but i also thank god that for every single mean-hearted person out there, there may be another two or three or more kindhearted and compassionate people
Old 09-15-2008, 01:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Report that freak of nature to spca. Ask for miss cunera. Or try the department of veterinary services. Shame her. Also i think you can even make a police report. Confront that hypocritical monster. She's obviously emotionally retarded.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

People like that you cannot talk sense with or rationalise with. Logging reports are also of not much help, unfortunately. Sometimes it may aggravate the situation further, and the little ones suffer even more.

Although it is quite difficult and sometimes near impossible, from my experience trying to diffuse or play down the situation is still the best solution. Then try to appeal to their heart and conscience, maybe through their religion.

If they are Buddhist, there is a free booklet called "Pawprints on my heart - A Buddhist Perspective" by Dr. Chan Kah Yein. Although I am not a Buddhist, I have found this booklet very good in converting some animal-hostile people. Secretly, they feel ashamed after reading it and behave a little bit better. No harm in trying ... with hopes of success for the safety of our little ones.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Animal Lover

hahahaha i think my way would work too! intimidation u know.. with an aura of scaryness and hostility to it (bluff ony mar.. i love dogs). heeheehee.. the pawprints on my heart book would be good for the cat traps thread though.. sigh.. those kids still got a long way to go building up bad karmas n all.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

somebunny is on a distinguished road

What a terrible neighbour to have!

but unfortunately that seems to be very common. A lot of people claim to be animal lovers without really understanding what it means. I just saw an 'animal lover' putting up his/her rabbits for adoption, claiming that these pets are able to produce healthy babies. what kind of animal lover would willingly offer their pets to someone else at the risk of their pets being exploited as breeding machines?

anyways, sorry for digressing.. that just really irked me when i read it, especially coming from someone who claims to be an 'animal lover'!

i agree with your stance, not to confront her for now. If she denies it (which is most likely to happen) there's nothing else that you can do. and with a sour relationship, she's just going to have more bad thoughts about your cats. Hopefully your cats wont be able to sneak out anymore and chance an encounter with that mad woman.

When I was living in Penang previously, my grandparents always had dogs. The dogs go out for a run around the housing area everyday, albeit unsupervised. One day, one went into a neighbour's compound, and guess what? the neighbour splashed HOT water at the dog! another neighbour saw and quickly told my grandfather. It certainly wasn't the dog's fault that the gates were left open for anyone and anything to wander in! they could have just shooed our dog out, but no, they had to go in the house to fetch a pot of hot boiling water to do the deed. luckily the dog didn't suffer bad burns.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Animal Lover

ARGH!!! that hot water boils my blood!!! how could one do such a thing!! so diligent to come up with all the efforts instead of just shooing! MTF. karma my man.. karmaaaaa! anyways about that bunnies yea.. like breeding machine! hehehe maybe i am gonna adopt n neuter them.. hehehe.. free pets man! but i gotta learn bunny 101 first.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

somebunny is on a distinguished road

wow that would be good.. i think you'll make a great bunny slave hahahah bunny 101, i can teach you :) :)
Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned

hi all

i'm glad that for every one sadly misguided animal-hater out there, we have more than 1 sincere animal lovers and activists

but i must say that level of awareness is quite low here in msia - the land of 1st class infrastructure and low-class mentality (so low it has no ranking!).

i have read dogismybuddy's thread ont he vacancy of education officer for penang spca. that's very good but however it's the work of 1 invidivual and 1 organisation

if only if these can be replicated many many times at all schools and colleges and universities throughout the country..then we'd be sowing some seeds of good herald in a new generation that are compassionate to animals one day - but that day seems long in coming

i wonder what else can we do? that'd be a good idea right _ besides voicing out our views and opinions here, i wonder if we can do something about it (other than inflict the same level of suffering on the torturer as much as i'd like to do that).
Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Animal lover

mew mew is on a distinguished road

My neighbour is a cat hater, infact he splashed hot water on the cats. I didn't see him doing it, my mum told me. He was an evil & cruel man, very anti social, made enemies like scratching other people's car parked infront of his house. He passed away last year, hope he went to hell.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Tok Penghulu

Penghulu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew mew View Post
My neighbour is a cat hater, infact he splashed hot water on the cats. I didn't see him doing it, my mum told me. He was an evil & cruel man, very anti social, made enemies like scratching other people's car parked infront of his house. He passed away last year, hope he went to hell.
Same as mine...seems few previous tenants have moved out just becoz they feel so crazy living with the retard next to their home...but only thing is the couple are still alllivvvee....

MJ
Old 09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

that is horrible, splashing hot water on cats. i wonder how they'd like it if they get splashed with hot water.

well, i'm sure what goes around comes around for those who cause suffering for others (be it animals or humans). i truly believe in this so let these inhuman human stewed in their own ignorance - they'll pay the consequences one day.

but in the meantime, all of us continue to spread warm love and cheer to all animals we come across.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Heartless and Ignorant Pet-Owner

I have to agree with Furkids, Ashley.My hubby and me always feed the strays around our apartment and many times we came across cat haters not only chinese,but Malay and Indian.Bottom line, is animal haters does not restricted on one particular race and religion. The answer we gave to them everytime they complaint about the cats that animal are God creation and they have every right in this world too not only us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
that is horrible, splashing hot water on cats. i wonder how they'd like it if they get splashed with hot water.

well, i'm sure what goes around comes around for those who cause suffering for others (be it animals or humans). i truly believe in this so let these inhuman human stewed in their own ignorance - they'll pay the consequences one day.

but in the meantime, all of us continue to spread warm love and cheer to all animals we come across.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

You know what? anna performed her infamous escape-artist trick despite all the nettings we have put in place over all possible openings in our house.

what is worse is that she came home this morning and vomited some brownish-marronish clear liquid. i was very scared she may have ingested something dangerous a.k.a. poison so i rushed her to the vet clinic. both my sis and i had to take half day - at least i took half day,s he has to begged for time off. she's now at the clinic warded for observation because we have no idea what she has ingested during her time out but we do know a threat has been made against our cats and we can't take any risk.
some of you might ask: what go to such trouble before you have established anything? many years ago, i had my puppy poisoned by a neigbour, the puppy was poisoned because it was a puppy, nothing more. i never let it loose from my compound and my neighbour objected to the presence of the puppy and poisoned it. he bragged about it afterwards and it came back to my ears. but at that time, we were ignorant and we thought our puppy had eaten something disagreeable and the vomiting was normal. little did we know he ingested poison. when he throw up blood, it was too late for us. i have regretted my ignorance ever since then. now i don't want to take the risk again.

both my cats and my family's life and lifestyle has changed dramatically because of some sorry-excuse for human beings staying around us. my cats no longer enjoyed the freedom , the fresh air, the delight in their surroundings and the exercise, all because these certain people or devils masquerading as humans living among us humans. they're confined indoors 100%, we made so much changes and spent so much just to ensure that these devils have no chance and no reason to target my cats. and yet they walk free to do what they want.

all the stray cats around my area has actually dissappeared over the past few months. i know dbkl had not been to our area to pick up stray cats and stray dogs. either they have meet with untimely end at the hands of so-called neighbours or ended up in cooking pots!

so much suffering we humans inflict on non-deserving defenseless sentient beings - all in the name of our ego. wonder when this will stop or be reduced. wonder when our fellow malaysians will wake up and say no to such atrocities.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Yes, "plastic" people are all over. The give you the "plastic" smile, "plastic" hello ... so sick of them eh? Especially when they live near you!

Karma will get to those evil ones, don't worry. We do what we can, what we can't complete, the big nice fella up there will finish it... hehehehe :)

I remember when I was still living in Sentul, a new indian neighbour moved in with his dog, cute, white foxy-liked ... guess what happened? In less that a month, the dog was found beaten to death right in front of their gate !!!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Ashley, hope Anna feels better soon! TIGER, LULU and the kids send their lovessss!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned

Hi sillylupie,

thanks for the cheers.

so far i have not heard from the vet but it may be that the vet called my sis instead of me. since i have not heard from the vet and my sis, i'd take it as cautious good news.

let me crack my head on how else i can fortify my house against future escapes.

i pity my cats - they have to make do with our company instead of companies of their own kind
Old 09-23-2008, 04:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi sillylupie,

thanks for the cheers.

so far i have not heard from the vet but it may be that the vet called my sis instead of me. since i have not heard from the vet and my sis, i'd take it as cautious good news.

let me crack my head on how else i can fortify my house against future escapes.

i pity my cats - they have to make do with our company instead of companies of their own kind
hi ashley,
to keep our cats in, my boyfriend and i grilled our grilles.. so we can leave windows open but they can't squeeze out the grille.. except for mama cat of course but well she had the super strength and determination of a female cat in heat. covering all the grilles with little grill was very time-consuming but well worth the peace of mind we get in return.

when will you be bringing anna home? i hope she's fine..
Old 09-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

hi lynie

what is "grill the grilles"? is that equivalent to covering up the grille frames with more nettings? i've done that. in fact spent a small fortune on covering all windows and doors with the magnetic insect screen. congratulated ourselves on being so clever but she proved us wrong. screens installed on the outside she just pushed out to open, screens installed on the inside she just brought down by hanging on with her weight or scratching it down. we installed steel netting over the back door and she couldn't escaped there. she targeted the kitchen windows. we created a second "window" frame by using wood planks and aluminium mesh (More durable against cat claws) and installed it on top of the original window frames. i was very proud of it even though my dad gave me a look that said i have finally gone cuckoo...until the frame fell square onto my head *ouch* as i was moving it. we have to remove it and put it back each time we open and close windows. very tedious process as the frame is quite heavy and the windows high that we have to stand on a chair to do it (or perhaps we're too short in height?) wet kitchen windows and doors secured (the door has one layer of magnetic screen followed by the metal grill frame followed by another metal mesh netting followed by the actual metal door itself and on this we installed 3 locks). how secure can that be? (actually to be fair the 3 locks are deterrents to potential theft - we experienced a breakin early this year).

then coco learned how to open the dry kitchen window even though we locked it down. the old-fashioned lourve glass windows which you push closed and push down on the level to snap it close. how she did that it's my guess. now i reinforced the windows by placing cross-angles wooden planks/sticks (whatcha call it??) inside the window-frame to provide a barrier on the window. she made several unsuccessful attempts and gave up.

next anna launched several studied attacks on the front windows and doors, both upstairs and downstairs. very very sneaky and cunning of her. because of this, we closed the downs often resulting in a stiffling and hot environment and have to keep a close watch on her movement all the time.

my plan was to install another layer of magnetic screen on the inside of the doors but have no dough left after paying their vet bills and cat trees

so have to make do with plastic netting. we installed that last sunday and on monday, all of us heaved a collective sigh of relief - cats included for nicky, coco and ginger were so glad of the fresh air and able to watch the outside world from inside for once - when the incorrigible escape artist struck again last night - now she's warded in the veterinary clinic and yours truly's bank account is having another heart attack!

*sigh*...any more suggestions?