Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 04:50 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

the post about the platforms in the trees is my post

once again i don't see how a pontoon floating in water could possibly be mistaken for a platform in a tree.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Correction on wrong information / perception

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
Excuse me i DID NOT say that murugan and jorg built the FLOATING PONTOON. I said they built a platform in the trees. You are mistaking a platform in a tree for the FLOATING PONTOON. Clearly these are very different things. In all the photos i took and posted in this thread i very clearly credited marjorie and karin with the building of the PONTOON/RAFT. You get YOUR facts right. ...
Tak per lah, Lynnie, just let it go, salah baca la tu, we all do it sometimes ... we read too fast or our minds and eyes play tricks on our tired minds ... I am sure all of you unsung heroes and heroines out there are SHEER EXHAUSTED physically as well as mentally (not to mention emotionally drained and pained by all the suffering you saw first hand out there ... tak per lah, Lynnette, kay?
Quote:
And what qualifications did we have for being there? In our group we had staff members, a vet, 3 inspectors, and other experienced independent rescuers/volunteers. you don't own the rescue effort. you should be encouraged that so many people want to help the dogs ...
Tak per lah, Lynnie, it could be possible that Pummkin was looking from the survival angle because that is a highly dangerous place for normal people like you and I and few people are actually professionally trained to be in such dangerous areas (there are but they are not there in the numbers that could easily make a big difference i.e. marines, police and bomba to support let alone lead the rescue work!).

Even walking through swamps need a special technique and it is really dangerous! Not to mention the tides going out and coming in, the weather that can turn ugly suddenly, the wind and lightning strikes ... but you guys are doing well, every one of you and deserve a big medal!

It is indeed a miracle that so far there have not been any casualties among you all! God is indeed watching over all of you our there!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-13-2009, 05:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

furkids, yeah i understand what you are saying.

i just don't get why some people don't want others to take part in the rescue efforts. it almost seems as if they want to do all the rescuing themselves. there are so many dogs out there, even now with combined efforts there aren't enough people helping out. why shouldn't more people take part? i don't get it.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

lynielime,
SPCA RESCUE TEAM STILL CARRY ON THEIR RESCUE MISSION in P.SELAT KERLING DESPITE d BAD WEATHER.

v HOPE > DOGS W/B RESCUED by DAY END

bravo, SPCA
Old 05-13-2009, 06:20 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

I try to get as much donation by pet supplies by public. today I went to someone place at butterworth explain to him why they need this donation. Now he understand and clear for all. He going plan do large donation to me. Hope I can get more donation before 23/5/09.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
PetFinder Moderator

I would like claim myself no as heroes this tragedy for those homeless animals. Only I can do is give my hand and asking people do a little donate to me. Hope that rescue dog have my dog foods before go to heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
lynielime, I think ashleywong is commenting on the post written by melmel and not you? Correct gah?

Anyways, in times of high stress, tempers will fly, wrong words will be spoken.

For what it's worth, all of you are Heroes in my eyes. I think all of your are doing GREAT, GREAT jobs.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Animal Lover

junechin is on a distinguished road

This thread is cool! So many passionate ppl here. My friends and I are going to Furry Friends Farm on the 24th May 2009. One of the kind FFF regular volunteer will lead our convoy there. Pls come join us. Those of u in Klang Valley who would like to help out but couldn't make the trip to FFF, u are welcome to pass the donation me. My friends and I will deliver them to FFF.

You can keep track on our 24th May FFF trip here : http://homeapet.com/phpbb/viewtopic....st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I've compile a list of items which has been donated and going to be donated.

Pls view it here : http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... UpbcaLDEHg

On the day of the trip, I'll print out this donation list and get FFF to sign upon receipt. I'll get it scan and post it up on this thread. This will serve as proof that your donation has gone to the right place.

Snowflak, are u the MTD in Homeapet forum? :)
Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Almost concern this rescue work can see all is new account and new members. That is Cool too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junechin View Post
This thread is cool! So many passionate ppl here. My friends and I are going to Furry Friends Farm on the 24th May 2009. One of the kind FFF regular volunteer will lead our convoy there. Pls come join us. Those of u in Klang Valley who would like to help out but couldn't make the trip to FFF, u are welcome to pass the donation me. My friends and I will deliver them to FFF.

You can keep track on our 24th May FFF trip here : http://homeapet.com/phpbb/viewtopic....st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I've compile a list of items which has been donated and going to be donated.

Pls view it here : http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... UpbcaLDEHg

On the day of the trip, I'll print out this donation list and get FFF to sign upon receipt. I'll get it scan and post it up on this thread. This will serve as proof that your donation has gone to the right place.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Animal Lover

Snowflake is on a distinguished road

Hey, June ! So glad you are in PetFinder di. Welcome ... Welcome ...

Quote:
Guilty as charge. Thank you for helping those in Klang Valley to deliver their donations.

DIMB@Clement, many thanks to you for making such kind effort to collect donations for the poor doggies.

Yes, we are all trying to do the best we can to help the doggies. Even if our effort doesn't get appreciation, it's okay because it's all about the doggies, it's not about us. We try what we can.

Mel Mel, good job to SPCA rescuers, as no matter how you see it, the dogs now are at a better place than Pulau Kejam (as quoted by TV Smith).

For the doggies !
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody,this is Mrs.Dolittle husband, Jorg @ Mohd Yusuf Afandy.

First a big thanks to all the people helping in any way to get as many dogs back from the Island ( Pulau Selat Kering ) !!!

I would not send my biggest enemies to that little mangrove HELL....

Just got back from the Island happy that we could at least get 3 dogs out of there,it was claimed that FFF managed to catch 6 dogs yesterday by hand - i doubt that,unless the dogs were all wounded as we managed to catch a badly wounded dog by hand today ( the first by hand so far ).

I greatly respect the adventurous Ladies from "TRACKS OUTDOOR" for being able to catch 2 dogs with the help of their Kayaks penetrating the mangroves at high tide. Yet chasing them on foot getting stung by jellyfishes and knocking their bones on mangrove roots.

I personally went in at hight tide with Murugan and a fisherman from the fish farm trying to corner a pack of 3 dogs,to no avail as they would run from us as soon as we were 20meters away from them.

So we set up the very heavy dog traps given to SPCA by a local Authority.2 in number. that proved to be most successful.

The traps are set up at the initial dump site visible from the fish farm platform.

I can only presume that FFF used these traps to capture the 6 dogs yesterday when we were not around.

If we would see this rescue operation in the Olympic spirit ( Russia 10 gold medals - America 14 gold medals ) we would probably resort to taking back
the trap cages as soon as we leave for the day...

We are very happy for every dog leaving this hell hole no matter who caught them.

The Owner of the Fish farm was very helpful in the beginning offering us his platform to conduct the rescue operation,agreeing to let me and Murugan stay overnight today but suddenly declined under the excuse that his man need to clean all the nets and that there would be no space for us to put up tent.

Mentioning that a Haji would come to hold a prayer ceremony to cleanse the Platform. The fact being that 2 dogs are permanently guarding the farm...???!!!

Wondering why we are suddenly accused by FFF of trespassing as they apparently rented the platform from the owner....????!!!

Trespassing when all we do is rescueing dogs in pain.....

You figure the rest yourself,just wondering how much FFF is paying them and misusing the PUBLIC FUNDS when all the owner wanted for helping is petrol for his small boat while we use it....

The big group of partly amateurs with no expertise that went to the Island a few days ago was consisting of 1 commitee member of SPCA a Vet, my wife myself, Murugan, 2 volunteers and Ms Jacinta herself accompanied by one Shelter worker and the very kind boat owner who absolutely refused to even get money for petrol. He is a real animal lover - May God bless him for that.

He offered his help again after having his boat repaired....

Murugan and I set up 2 platforms in the trees to afford the dogs a resting place at high tide and to keep them close to the trapping location ( getting greatly disturbed by red fire ants living in the trees).

We wont get discouraged by the happenings surrounding the rescue mission and will carry on doing our best to get as much dogs out of there as possible.

Hey People,

This is Dolittle herself, you guys heard from the mouth (FINGERS) of the real person who was actually there. Just give it a thought and try not to be judgemental.

Guys, we are all for the animals and thats why we are doing what we are doing now.

May I remind all of us, SPCA is a REGISTERED NON-PROFITABLE ORGANIZATION. ALL MONIES SPEND ARE MADE TRANSPARENT TO "THE MEMBERS".

HAVE YOU GUYS EVER THOUGHT ABOUT WHY PEOPLE STILL COME TO SPCA TO DUMP THE ANIMALS? HOW MANY DO WE RECEIVE IN A DAY, IN A MONTH AND IN A YEAR? DO YOU THINK ANY ONE OF US OUT THERE IS WILLING TO FACE THE CHALLENGES WE ARE FACING ALL THESE YEARS? INSTEAD OF "FIRING SPCA, A KILL SHELTER".

BOY OH BOY, WHAT IS FAIR IN THIS WORLD? NOTHING........

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 05-14-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:15 AM
PetFinder Guru

Good morning forummers. Below, an email from SPCA's Jacinta Johnson regarding several of the slanderous remarks that have been said about us.

Hi all,
We are very busy with this situation as well as our other daily work and appointments, but just dropping in to clarify several issues raised as we have been alerted that there are some accusations flying here in this thread. We do not mean to offend anyone, only set the record straight ;

6 or 8 dogs : As of Monday, we had rescued 10 dogs in total. 2 on the first day, and 8 on Monday. One has been given to Sabrina of FFF for safekeeping. Today (Wednesday) we have rescued another 3 lovely dogs, who are on their way back from Klang right now (7.45 pm)

Trespassing/ Permission for use of the kelong : On the 2nd rescue & relief trip, we had already approached the owner of the kelong En Zamri and requested for permission to stay overnight, which he approved. We also had paid his workers to feed the dogs in our absence, and we also paid them to assist with the catching of the dogs. We also brought them food, drinks, fruits and petrol. There seems to be some hostility because another rescue group claims they have “rented” the kelong and don’t want SPCA to use it, seems to be quite inappropriate as that is the only kelong near the site the dogs were dumped – is the usage of it to ease rescue and relief work something to fight about ?

Letters To Editors – SPCA did not discourage coverage of FFF’s work at all, but merely requested that credit should be given where due to us when it came to the proposal for SPCA’s Stray Free Malaysia/ Selangor. This issue has been taken out of context, and actually had nothing to do with FFF to start with.

Chinese daily article : No one from SPCA has said anything like this to the Press. Please find out who did, as on the day of the interviews none of our staff gave any comments to the Chinese media.

Pulau Ketam Issue : The same animal rescuers who alerted us of the Pulau Ketam crisis that was unfolding also alerted FFF at the same time. Almost everyone in the animal welfare circle was aware of it, not only the SPCA. We had already done a lot of ground work, speaking with the villagers and gathering information with the help of Jacqueline from SAS. We had visited Pulau Tengah with DVS, but no dogs could be seen. When we found out it was instead Pulau Selat Kering, we started planning our rescue and relief work urgently.

Platforms : Murugan and Jorg did build two platforms in the trees for the dogs to climb onto during high-tide, and went 200-300 metres deep into the mangrove and came across the ruins of an old house, where they set up the dog trap. The floating platform for feeding and watering was built by Marjorie and Karin from KKB, and it was a brilliant idea!

Day 2 of Rescue : The boat was offered to us by a kind and generous supporter, who drove us to and from the island. If it’s any concern, it was not paid for by funds collected by the public. We tried to save some money by getting the Uncle to take us, as he had volunteered. At this point we were still surveying the terrain and environment, more people came to see if we could come up with better ideas on how to rescue the dogs – given the difficult and dangerous environment. And together we did come up with better ideas and methods, which led to us being able to rescue more dogs in the following days – saving us a lot of resources.

Dogs rescued – we have pictures of the dogs, and have named them. All the dogs rescued (excluding the three which are on the way today) have been sent to a vet in Ampang for a check-up, treatment and boarding. Wowow already has a potential adopter, while we have found a fosterer for Piccolo and Piccola. The three dogs will be on their way to their new homes after being treated by a vet.

That’s all from us, photos and our e-news will be uploaded to our website soon!

Regards,
Jacinta & Team at SPCA Selangor

(end)

--
Jacinta Johnson
Assistant Manager
Public Relations & Marketing Department
SPCA Selangor
Jalan Kerja Ayer Lama
68000 Ampang Jaya
Selangor D.E.
Tel: 03-4256 5312/ 03-4253 5179
Fax: 03-4252 8382

"Kindness To Animals Makes A Better World For All Of Us."
Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
PetFinder Guru

nivek is on a distinguished road

"Letters To Editors – SPCA did not discourage coverage of FFF’s work at all, but merely requested that credit should be given where due to us when it came to the proposal for SPCA’s Stray Free Malaysia/ Selangor. This issue has been taken out of context, and actually had nothing to do with FFF to start with."

Is recognition so important? or do you mean awareness rather than recognition?
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Dear Friends,

Thanks to your faithful support – SPCA rescue team now have managed to rescue 13 abandoned dogs from Pulau Selat Kering! Please read our most recent update below (Day 5 of Rescue & Relief), followed by our reports from Day 4, Day 3, and Day 2.

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the hundreds of phone calls, text messages, and e-mails expressing your concern and pledging your support for our mission. There is a lot yet to be accomplished, including a long-term solution to the stray dog overpopulation on Pulau Ketam through education and mass sterilization. We hope you will continue to support our work for the animals, well into the future!

Please forgive us for our delayed updates, we are hardly in the office enough to send out our e-news or update the website, but we hope to keep the updates coming regularly this week!

Day 5: Three more dogs saved!
Wednesday, 13th May 2009
5.45 pm: Our Dream-Team Murugan and Jorg with the assistance of the kelong workers have rescued another 3 dogs today, they are on their journey back to the SPCA Office right now! Today, our Chairperson Christine Chin also joined the team at the island to provide them with moral support and encouragement.

The other nine dogs have been sent to a vet in Ampang for a check-up, treatment and boarding. One dog (Wowow) has a potential adopter, while Piccolo and Piccola have found a foster home - the three dogs will be on their way to their new families after being treated by the vet.

Day 4: Gloomy Monday? No way! 8 dogs rescued today!
Monday, 11th May 2009
We just received inspiring news! Murugan and the workers managed to rescue 6 dogs by lunch-time, using just one dog trap! The dogs couldn't resist the aroma of the fried meat, and one by one they went into the trap to grab a bite! The dogs were carefully transported back to the kelong for safe-keeping. The dogs looked dehydrated, emaciated and exhausted – but their traumatic ordeal was over, and they were going back to a better life.

When volunteer Jorg joined Murugan later in the afternoon, they rescued 2 more dogs, making it 8 dogs in just one day. This confirmed that our earlier effort to catch them by hand was not only dangerous for the dogs and the handlers, but also not fruitful. We are glad that we spent the time surveying the island and re-assesing the situation, to come up with a more effective solution.

The 7 dogs were transported back to the SPCA Selangor office in Ampang (one had been handed over to Sabrina of Furry Friends Farm for safekeeping), where the dogs were placed in donated cages, and provided with a good meal and clean water. The dogs will be assessed by a vet as soon as possible, and given the necessary treatment. The whole team - exhausted and stressed from dealing with this situation - is elated, motivated and determined to work even harder to rescue as many dogs as we can quickly!

Our first two rescues Wowow and BooBoo are recovering well, and becoming friendlier by the day!

An exhausted Caramel

Cuddly may have a trans-venereal tumour (TVT), please pray that she will be alright after treatment of the vets

Latte, after a good meal

Beautiful Liberty, with her sad, soulful eyes

Piccolo and Piccola, who initially teased us by peeping from behind the trees when we placed food down on the landing, but never coming close enough for us to catch

Gentle, nervous Serene. She and the other dogs have gone through such an ordeal, but with your help we will help them trust people again

Day 3: Platforms, Fried Meat and The Big Plan
Sunday, 10th May 2009
Murugan and volunteers Jorg and Moses hired a boat and travelled to Pulau Selat Kering at 3pm. They brought along some recycled shelving, wooden planks and rope. The night before, E-ching and Moses had specially prepared fried chicken meat and liver, as well as fried mutton to bait the traps. We had a plan.

After building two platforms among the mangroves where dogs could rest and feed comfortably, Jorg, Murugan and one of the kelong workers ventured in a smaller boat into an inlet during the high-tide. To their shock and delight, they found what looked to be an old, abandoned house 200-300 metres into the mangrove. This provided a platform for the dogs to rest on during high-tide, and they brought back a dog trap and set it up there. One of the workers got so excited when he saw a dog swimming nearby, and he jumped in and tried to catch it. Unfortunately, the dog swam quickly to the land, and ran away.

Loading our dog trap onto the boat, and transporting it to a platform in the mangroves

On the way out to the kelong. Inset: additional dog food and fried meat used to entice the dogs into the dog traps

Murugan stayed overnight to monitor the movement of the dogs and watch the dog trap, while the volunteers returned home. We hope the traps work, we're keeping our fingers crossed!

Day 2: Another Day At The Swamps
Friday, 8th May 2009
Uncle Danny very kindly offered to drive our whole team of volunteers and staff to Pulau Selat Kering today on his boat. After some initial problems with the steering (and our anchor snapping off!), we were off to survey the area again and rescue more dogs.

The team consisted of SPCA Committee member E-Ching, staff Cunera, Murugan, Sugen, Shahrul, Jacinta, and volunteers Lynette, Jorg, and vet Dr Lynette. We had packed food and cannisters of clean water for the dogs, cages, a dog trap, insect repellant, ropes, knives, and rubber boots.

Disembarking from the boat onto the Pulau Selat Kering mangroves was a big challenge, and we swung ourselves off the boat and dropped knee-deep into the mud immediately. Movement was difficult and dangerous, as the mangroves roots kept tripping us, and we kept slipping and sliding deep into the mud. Dr Lynette and E-Ching hacked away at the branches and tried to make 'bridges' so everyone could walk on the branches and avoid getting stuck in the mud.

Making a temporary bridge to prevent volunteers from sliding into the mud while crossing over from the boat

Part of the team set up the dog trap, and laid out batches of food on PVC sheets around the only landing area (where the dogs had been abandoned initially). Some walked 20-30 metres deeper into the mangroves, placing smaller bags of dog food on planks. We could hear dogs, but we couldn't get near them. Kuning (a dog adopted by the kelong workers) appeared, and his antics calmed our nerves, and helped us relax a little – even though we were acutely aware that we were in a very risky situation.

Several dogs could be seen peeping from behind the trees, but none ventured any closer to the food. The whole team then got into the boat and moved to the kelong (fish-farm) 15-20 metres away. 7-10 dogs came out to the shoreline, and started drinking the water we have placed and eating the food, looking at us warily from time to time.

Thirsty dog (Liberty) drinking from a container of fresh water we just put down

We bumped into Marjorie and Karin from KKB at the kelong, who had hatched the brilliant idea of building a floating platform! They worked quickly to build it with the wood and tools they had brought, and attached food and water bowls to it. The platform will entice dogs onto it to eat, and prevent the food from being washed away during the high-tide.

The trap malfunctioned, and we couldn't catch any dogs. We got into the boat and moved 100-metres down the side of the island, making 3 stops to place food and water. We could hear dogs barking in the distance. Later on, we unloaded 6 bags of food onto the kelong, and paid the kelong workers to feed the dogs until we came again.

The whole team left covered in mud, with cuts and bruises, and with heavy hearts. Over lunch, we brainstormed on how we could carry out our rescue and relief more effectively and quickly.

We concluded that having too many people around frightened the dogs, and slowed down everyones movement. During the next rescue and relief, we hope to build more platforms and use meat to entice the dogs. We also need to have our traps fixed, so they release the trap door easily.

How You Can Help
SPCA are appealing to the public to contribute to their Pulau Ketam fund, to aid the emergency rescue and relief efforts over the next several weeks. Funds will be utilized to hire boats for transportation of the dogs, purchase dog food, medical supplies and cages - as well as a mass sterilization effort and educational campaign for the villagers.

We also appreciate donations in kind – 3’ x 3’ multipurpose cages, dog biscuits and canned food, food and water bowls, towels, water storage containers, and flea/tick spray. All donated items can be sent to the SPCA Animal Shelter in Ampang Jaya.

Donate Online
Please click here to make a donation through our ipay88.com account. Please indicate that the donation is for the Pulau Ketam Project.

Fund Transfers & Cheques
You can bank in the payment to our RHB account (Account No: 2-12273-00021583). Please call or e-mail us at enquiries@spca.org.my to notify us of your bank-in donation and transaction details.

Please make all cheques to the Society For The Prevention of Cruelty To Animals
please write Pulau Ketam fund on the reverse), and mail to ;

SPCA Selangor
Jalan Kerja Ayer Lama
68000Ampang Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan

Enquiries: 603-4256 5312 (8am - 4.30pm), 4253 5312 (10am – 6.30pm)

Volunteers
If you are an experienced dog-handler, animal rescuer or vet and interested in assisting with the sterilization program or educational campaign for the villagers, or able to foster adult dogs temporarily, please send us an e-mail immediately at enquiries@spca.org.my . There are hundreds of dogs and puppies that need your help, every bit counts!

PLEASE HELP US HELP THESE DOGS. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS - FOSTER, ADOPT, DONATE FUNDS OR FOOD.

Background Information
pulau Ketam consists of two settlements - Pulau Ketam Village and Sungai Lima Village. Both villages claim to have been facing a stray dog crisis for the last several years. Earlier this month, newspapers reported that Pulau Ketam villagers were trapping stray dogs and transporting them to a 3 vacant island in a desperate attempt to reduce the population of dogs. Sungai Lima villagers later started a similar operation.

Pulau Ketam villagers reported that 312 dogs had already been trapped and abandoned on uninhabited Pulau Tengah out of an estimated population of 2000, while Sungai Lima villagers estimated their stray dog population to be around 600.

SPCA Animal Inspectors Cunera and Murugan, and SAS founder Jackie Tsang made a trip to Pulau Ketam two weeks ago. They found that most of the villagers owned dogs themselves, and had no intention of causing harm to the strays on the island. They were frustrated at the stray dog population, which is quickly spiraling out of control – the villagers estimate that there are approximately 2000 strays on the island. The villagers said that they did not want the dogs caught and euthanized, and thought that leaving them to survive on another island would be better. The villagers were upset with the reports in the media, which claimed that they had been burning the dogs or abusing them – which they denied doing.

The team found that during the day time, there were dozens of stray cats and dogs roaming the island. However, when they surveyed a part of the town from 12.30pm-1.30am, they counted 82 dogs in just a small area. The dogs look generally healthy, with several suffering from minor injuries.

At a meeting with the village leaders, they agreed to support a mass sterilization effort for both stray and pet dogs (and cats).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ketam 31.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	5266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 32.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	5267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 33.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	5268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 34.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	5269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 35.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	5270  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 36.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	5271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 37.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	5272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 38.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	5273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 39.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	5274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ketam 40.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	5283  

Last edited by melmel; 05-14-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
"Letters To Editors – SPCA did not discourage coverage of FFF’s work at all, but merely requested that credit should be given where due to us when it came to the proposal for SPCA’s Stray Free Malaysia/ Selangor. This issue has been taken out of context, and actually had nothing to do with FFF to start with."

Is recognition so important? or do you mean awareness rather than recognition?
i suppose she means both awareness and recognition?
Recognition that SPCA has not just been sitting around twiddling their thumbs during this crisis, and Awareness of the importance of the proposal.

Also let's not pretend that FFF doesn't also want some recognition for their efforts. We've seen their blogs and updates. Always bashing us and tooting their own horn. Not once have we retaliated or made accusations and personal attacks against them or their members. I've never even met any of them and have already been singled out for attack. what gives? all we want to do is help the dogs, not argue over this bullshit.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
PetFinder Guru

we will continue to do whatever we can to rescue as many dogs as possible whether other NGOs like it or not and with or without their support and cooperation. this crisis is not about people, its about the dogs.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
PetFinder Guru

Currently seems like a reality game show between both parties out of curiosity how many have SAS who has remained under the radar, saved/recued?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
PetFinder Guru

i believe SAS has been given the responsibility of finding homes for the dogs.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
i believe SAS has been given the responsibility of finding homes for the dogs.
ahhh ok..great stuff ask them to post in petfinder listing as well
Old 05-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
May I remind all of us, SPCA is a REGISTERED NON-PROFITABLE ORGANIZATION. ALL MONIES SPEND ARE MADE TRANSPARENT TO "THE MEMBERS".
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! That's really a sneaky low-down hit below the belt if there's ever one.

SPCA is an Non-for-Profit Organisation. FFF is also a Non-for-profit Organisation properly registered with the SSM. Same like SPCA. Both are governed and regulated by SSM under relevant laws, rules and regulations of Malaysia.

any doubters can check with SSM (that's the Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia, formerly ROC).

or are you insinuating that SSM and all the combined laws, rules and regulations of Malaysia are doing a double-standard, strictly regulating SPCA while letting FFF doing anything it wants, i.e. cheating public funds?

i know SPCA has staunch supporters and think the world of SPCA and will not let anyone else say anything different abut SPCA. that's fine. we understand that and we can see that. you're passionate about SCPA, believes in its mission, that's fine. really.

But what is not fine is when you take your own judgements, your own skewed opinions and present it as facts..

your claims and insinuations about FFF cheating public funds / donations is only allegations and low-down. if you really have concrete information / evidence that FFF is truly abusing public funds, pls step forward with the evidence and report it to the relevant authority. otherwise pls qualify your statements that it is your own personal opinion....that's only fair.

i don't intend to join in this fracas as this would not achieve the objectives of rescuing the dogs and educating people kindness and compassion towards all animals however i think this is truly a low-down hit below the belt, worse than any vitriol i've seen at this thread and i can't help but speak my mind.

a word for all newcomers, if your objectives is only to want to donate cash or goods in kind or do something to help the rescue mission, pls ignore all this vitriol and proceed straight to SPCA and FFF's website respectively. information on how and where to channel your donations are stated clearly at the websites. contact telephone numbers for enquiries and information are also stated clearly at the websites.

SPCA website and updates on its rescue : www. spca.org.my

FFF website and updates on its rescue : http://www.furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot.com/ AND www.mycen.com.my/rescue
Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
furkids, yeah i understand what you are saying.

i just don't get why some people don't want others to take part in the rescue efforts. it almost seems as if they want to do all the rescuing themselves. there are so many dogs out there, even now with combined efforts there aren't enough people helping out. why shouldn't more people take part? i don't get it.
Lynnie, from what I understand and gauge of the dangerous scenario out there, based on my X-treme sports knowledge and training (where survival and mistakes are critical) let me try to explain as best that as I can here, kay?

Yes, many of us are moved and feel we want to go out and do our part to catch those poor suffering dogs and bring them home safely.

But Lynnie, to do that, you need to cross deep waters on a boat with wind and weather that can turn nasty ... and you enter a potentially dangerous environment of soft, sinking mud, slippery paths, sharp and thorny roots and branches, poisonous snakes, stinging jellyfishes, etc. etc which proves a mighty challenge even to a trained and experience guy who can read and spot potentially life-threatening elements in the great outdoors and avoid having an accident which you must really try to avoid and if it happens, really need to get out of yourself without burdening (and even risking the life of someone else) someone else to rescue you.

This is what everyone in Xtreme sports and emergency/rescue situations understands ... not to be a liability to your team or endanger someone else and if at any stage because every member needs to focus on their action and their own safety.

It is really this aspect that Pummkin is addressing, really, Lynnie (I am not trying to side anyone, just try to mediate and if possible, diffuse the conflict and tension, because you guys are all trying to achieve the same good thing i.e. rescue those poor dogs), and if you guys are all equipped with this, then it is ok ... that is simply what she is saying, Lynnie ... tak per lah ... memang tension is very high all around ... tak per lah, just offer and continue to offer the olive branch, kay?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Closed Thread