Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Animal Lover

Adila is on a distinguished road
Default The Dreaming Jasmine...

Do cats/kittens dream? Why?

I notice a few times, Jasmine meow-ed or made funny noises and waved her paws while she was sleeping.

Sometimes I had to wake her up.....which work only when I touched her neck.
I don't feel comfortable whenever Im around her while she's sleeping nowadays cos it gives me shiver everytime she waves her paws high and says ek ek ek ek...(im staying alone with my 3 kittens)

Weird ....does this happened to your cats???
Old 04-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Dreaming Jasmine...

Hi, Adila -- Yes, I think cats do dream, and my Maneki does the same as your Jasmine. Her paws flutter about, and she makes her bird-watching ek-ek-ek noises. Maneki's an indoor cat with little opportunity to hunt, except the occasional cicak, so I smile and tell myself that in her dreams, she's successfully and happily hunting. Maybe for something really exciting. An ostrich??

I hope that, in their dreams, they can do all the cat things that our lifestyles keep them from doing when awake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adila View Post
Do cats/kittens dream? Why?

I notice a few times, Jasmine meow-ed or made funny noises and waved her paws while she was sleeping.

Sometimes I had to wake her up.....which work only when I touched her neck.
I don't feel comfortable whenever Im around her while she's sleeping nowadays cos it gives me shiver everytime she waves her paws high and says ek ek ek ek...(im staying alone with my 3 kittens)

Weird ....does this happened to your cats???
Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Cat Slave

Fareen is on a distinguished road

I agree that cats dream. I read in a book that they do. Mine dun flutter their paws about too much. It looks more like spasms. but yes they make funny sounds. Sometimes even chew in their sleep hehehe. My boy I believe even have nightmares cos sometimes he wakes up with a start and starts yowling like a baby . I just stroke them or call out their names when it happens, just to calm them down

Proud mummy of Sophie / Dexter / Yuki / Heidi / Optimus

Feed your cats BARF!
www.catnutrition.org
Old 04-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareen View Post
I agree that cats dream. I read in a book that they do. Mine dun flutter their paws about too much. It looks more like spasms. but yes they make funny sounds. Sometimes even chew in their sleep hehehe. My boy I believe even have nightmares cos sometimes he wakes up with a start and starts yowling like a baby . I just stroke them or call out their names when it happens, just to calm them down
Good mummy!!

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/
Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Animal Lover

Adila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Adila -- Yes, I think cats do dream, and my Maneki does the same as your Jasmine. Her paws flutter about, and she makes her bird-watching ek-ek-ek noises. Maneki's an indoor cat with little opportunity to hunt, except the occasional cicak, so I smile and tell myself that in her dreams, she's successfully and happily hunting. Maybe for something really exciting. An ostrich??

I hope that, in their dreams, they can do all the cat things that our lifestyles keep them from doing when awake!
Maneki Neko, perhaps it is true, they were hunting or doing other stuffs in their dreams. Yet it spooks me when Jasmine does bizarre things in her dream cos sometimes I thought that she sees things that we human can't see. So as my kittens at home, they have 0% chance of hunting, not even geckos...well they only thing they hunt are my legs, fake mice and newspapers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareen View Post
Hi Fareen. Yes yes sometimes she chews in her sleep. Im glad to know that cats dream and other cats dream too. Thank you for the tips May be these are signs that they didn't achieve something like munching delicious wet food everyday haha cos they love wet food. But hey its Friday again and wet food was served!

Usually she dreams after I brought all of them for a ride in the car. Im still trying to figure out whether this activity is fun or scary for her.