Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

Let's stay tune 9pm tonite on TV 3 360
Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

yes definitely! thanks for reminding us!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road

I didn't realise the show is only half an hour long!

Wasn't sure what the host was talking about becoz I can't understand BM. [Can someone give me a rundown?]

Pretty interesting except for adverting my eyes every time they showed the carcasses and the DBKL (dog dragging) video.

If they do not want to or want to save money on euthanize, they should give the animals to NGOs. (Or something along those lines...)

Last edited by tanuki; 02-11-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

Good job to TV3 for highlighting the issue as well as the follow up. Now lets see if the mayor will make public the results of the 'investigation' they are supposed to be doing/have done, and if the situation changes (apart from a new fence)
Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Animal Lover

I admit we are highlighting the issue but in a few months, everything will die down.
We should find a way to target the root of the problem.
Example: push for tougher laws, come up with an idea to curb strays and how to try and limit abuse, how to effectively educate the society about pets, etc.

Basically how as we, the society, solve this problem? Instead of having many groups or NGOs, we should form one big one.

All these are just suggestions... welcome opinions.

Btw, did DBKL add some sort of metal wall around the pound??
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

I don't think the mayor has given any real explanation. I feel he's evasive, and he can even smile while he's talking about such serious issues!!!

A week has gone by, and all he had to say last night when interviewed by TV3 was that they are investigating?? It takes one week to investigate this? This is just publicity talk. Knowing M'sia, this will just be swept under the rug, and in time everyone will forget.

And unless we keep bringing this up to 360, it will be forgotten, too. Coming from an ex-media background (am now a housewife), I know that yesterday's news is stale, and the media will move on to the next story.

So, it's up to us to stop the news from becoming stale, to keep it in the foreground by presenting new facts & developments, and the media will keep up with it, and then hopefully, DBKL and its sub-contractors will be held accountable for their deeds.

Those of us who have blogs, let's blog about it as a follow-up.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

tanuki,
yes, dbkl added a zinc fence, from the report.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Animal Lover

Great! On one hand, it shows that they have something to hide (if you are innocent of anything, you don't need to cover up). The other is it will be more difficult for us to video anything now.

Everything is about money at the end of the day. The chemicals shown could have been sitting on that shelf recently or for ages.

I can feel one of the DBKL workers (who were sitting across us with a wire fence in between) or probably all have a hand in this abuse. It quite disgusting how they can sit there without remorse and make snide remarks at the protesters (do they even know what's karma?).
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Those people are uncivilised barbarians. They don't understand the simple fact that those animals have a life, and they have a right to live.

I do understand the problems of stray cats & dogs, but I don't agree about catching them and killing them. They have a right to live, whether in a home or on the streets.

If we haven't evolved and become civilised, those animals would be living amongst us in the natural environment. Who are we to say they are a nuisance and should be killed? What right have we got? Just because they didn't evolve and rule the world but we did?????!!!!

THEY HAVE A LIFE!!! AND EVERYONE SHOULD RESPECT THAT!!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

Those workers are indeed barbarians. I've been to Klinik Kembiri many times and I saw how they give us the pet lovers/rescue one kind of look.The look saying" what is wrong with u people.why bother to neuter the pet" they always said the same thing to me "why bother to keep those strays?? Just kill lah" aiyoh!! I tell u,if I'm with a group of people I can guarantee smack their face with broom.

I agree with Charlene,the Mayor didn't say anything concrete,just investigate.Investigating time is over,now time for them to act. Otherwise this issue will die down in few months time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki View Post
Great! On one hand, it shows that they have something to hide (if you are innocent of anything, you don't need to cover up). The other is it will be more difficult for us to video anything now.

Everything is about money at the end of the day. The chemicals shown could have been sitting on that shelf recently or for ages.

I can feel one of the DBKL workers (who were sitting across us with a wire fence in between) or probably all have a hand in this abuse. It quite disgusting how they can sit there without remorse and make snide remarks at the protesters (do they even know what's karma?).
Old 02-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
tanuki,
yes, dbkl added a zinc fence, from the report.
why? so that they can conduct more atrocities out of public view and spying cameras? i'm sure they will do worse things to the dogs just to get at the protesters. so, what are we going to do? i hope we won't let things die down. someone should question the mayor - why the zinc fence? it's time we force the issue with the mayor. hand the management of the dog pound to ngos, not some brainless nincompoops. the whole idea of putting the fence is to make it very difficult for people to spy on what they are doing.

dbkl setapak dog pound has a lot of things to hide. those workers there look like crooks, fit for tanjung rambutan and not fit to be among society. they should be locked up. i honestly don't think that they are going to stop what they are doing. so, people, don't let off.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

DBKL supplies alived & healthy dogs to UPM vet for students' operation & various kind od experiment.

a white van will ferry d dogs to d UPM on alternate morning day
Old 02-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

hmph..
Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
PetFinder Guru

the mayor's a jackass. he was making light of the issue. he was smiling and obviously did not take the issue seriously at all. the tv3 interview was just another chance for him to get on tv. he was there only to stroke his own ego and make himself feel important. well whatever, he's an ugly old piece of crap, mayor of a city that i am not proud of.

it was mentioned in last night's report that lots of the dogs had collars.. obviously kidnapped by the morally bankrupt and mentally challenged contract dog catchers. i bet no one at the pound even bothers to check the dogs' tags and licenses for the owners' contact information. this petnapping issue is not new, we have been hearing about it for a long time..

i don't see how we can be a first world society without first world leadership.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Petfinder Moderator

You know, Lynie, I wanted to slap the smile off the mayor's face last night. That smile was so irritating at an inappropriate time for such a serious issue.

Yes, I saw the dogs with collars. Some of them are pedigrees.

He sees it as a publicity stunt for himself....using all the politically correct garbage that does not promise anything. He must have watched the series Yes, Prime Minister in UK. He sounds like he's a student of Sir Humphrey.

And.....Malaysia is a first class infrastructure society BUT THIRD CLASS WORLD MENTALITY!!!!

Well, what can we do? There's no such thing as a people power. It's the politicians who hold the power. Look at Perak, for example. The people of Perak wanted the opposition to govern them. And guess what happened? Just by a mere defection of 3 members to BN, and now, Perak is governed by BN again.

That's not democratic. They should hold another election for the Perak people to decide who they want. NO. They have no say. Democracy is long dead in this country.

Unless those of us here have high-powered friends who have the ear of the top guns, we can rant and rave to no avail. Then again, when has the lower levels of government ever listened to the top guns in the government? If you look around you, you'll see the government issues certain instructions or law, and the lower levels do the opposite.

The only thing I can see might create some pressure for the mayor & his workers is if we bring international eyes onto this issue. Report it to CNN, for example. Malaysia does not like to look bad on the international front. Other than that, I don't see how we can be effective. We're just tofu banging against a huge rock.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
You know, Lynie, I wanted to slap the smile off the mayor's face last night. That smile was so irritating at an inappropriate time for such a serious issue.
you took the words right out of my mouth!! i wanted to smack the smile off his face too!! he looked so condescending and insolent and has a superiority complex!! ugh what a slimy character!!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Petfinder Moderator

And this slimy character is the mayor!! It does tell you what kind of things they'll be capable of, with such a person as the head of a city council.

Let's put our heads together, Lynie. Is there anything we can do that I might have missed? This cruelty towards animals must be stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
you took the words right out of my mouth!! i wanted to smack the smile off his face too!! he looked so condescending and insolent and has a superiority complex!! ugh what a slimy character!!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
PetFinder Guru

i really don't know what to do.. the only thing i'm sure of is that we can't stop rescuing and fostering.. we have to keep doing what we do. that doesn't help all malaysia's animals but its more than if we did nothing..
Old 02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Those workers are indeed barbarians. I've been to Klinik Kembiri many times and I saw how they give us the pet lovers/rescue one kind of look.The look saying" what is wrong with u people.why bother to neuter the pet" they always said the same thing to me "why bother to keep those strays?? Just kill lah" aiyoh!! I tell u,if I'm with a group of people I can guarantee smack their face with broom.

I agree with Charlene,the Mayor didn't say anything concrete,just investigate.Investigating time is over,now time for them to act. Otherwise this issue will die down in few months time.
Why don't we group of people smack his face with a broom. -.-
Old 02-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And.....Malaysia is a first class infrastructure society BUT THIRD CLASS WORLD MENTALITY!!!!
That's an insult to the 3rd world countries.