Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Bonsai Kitten...

Copy from http://zunitaseriously.blogspot.com/...ai-kitten.html

Have we heard about Bonsai kitten before? I'm pretty sure most of us dont know what is Bonsai kitten. to be honest, even me,myself heard about it for the first time 2 weeks ago, which was when I was searching for the Animal testing material from the website. This is rather more interesting for me, because I never know there was an issue regarding this matter few years ago and I dont even know there was something called Bonsai Kitten before.lol.

What is Bonsai Kitten exactly? From Wikipedia, Bonsai Kitten is defined as an internet hoax that claimed to give instructions on how to grow kittens in bottles as a form of decoration, similar in fashion to a Bonsai tree. Soon after birth the kitten is supposedly placed in a glass container, allowing the kitten to grow to fill the vessel that contains it. The kitten allegedly breathes through specially drilled holes in the glass and may be fed and expel waste through tubes, and their purpose is supposedly as an elaborate ornament, instead of a pet.

The hoaxsters were found out to be the MIT students, where they used the website claiming they can create Bonsai Kittens for souvenirs. This was rather interesting because it caused FBI(Federal Bureau Investigation) to investigate about this matter after received complaints from cat lovers and people who concerned about animal rights. But what happened next was there was actually no such things happened,no cats were put in a bottle and no cats were hurt by men. So, FBI just closed the case. This was happened in 2001. For more information regarding this thing, please click here.

There were few arguments raised from this matter like how is it possible to grow a kitten in a jar. The arguments were such follows:

i) This process of 'bonsaiing' the kitten rather impossible since the cats would die before they can be 'moulded'.

ii) The website offers no way purchasing the finished product. The site does include a page of "helpful Tools and Supplies" but provide no form through which they can be ordered.

iii)The Bonsai kittens site displayno actual pictures of finished product. there are plenty of pictures of kittens in jars, but there are no photographs of "molded kittens" in display.
For more information , please click here.

This website was created by the MIT student advertising their 'product' of the Bonsai Kittens. It has been deleted but for some reasons,it is preserved for purpose of reference.

My notes

I dunno whether this is true as I heard about this from my other half just now.. This is disgusting ( If it is true)..

Please read this also.http://www.shorty.com/bonsaikitten/index.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M0000616_20050906130953_1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	6628  

Last edited by nurkasih; 07-15-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Animal Lover

Buffy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bonsai Kitten...

I don think its true, but, the kitten in the bottle was definately suffering, why izzit so many psychopath around ????

Old 07-15-2009, 11:18 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

I don think its true, but, the kitten in the bottle was definately suffering, why izzit so many psychopath around ????

Yerp..it has been debated... yes, it may not be true and was a prank..but it is also capable of sparking the ideas/intentions in humans who have no heart nor brain..those cold people.. FBI claimed it's only a prank..after petitions being signed..but still..we can't be too sure..
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Animal Lover

verilus is on a distinguished road

klu btul, mmg org yg buat tu x da otak punya org... cuba anak dia diletak dlm botol besaq tgk apa jadi? kecian...
Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Animal Lover

teaspoon is on a distinguished road

Just do a google... this bonzai kitten email is a hoax. I make it a point to do some research of the authencity of the email before I get upset or forward the email to my contacts...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaspoon View Post
Just do a google... this bonzai kitten email is a hoax. I make it a point to do some research of the authencity of the email before I get upset or forward the email to my contacts...
Good for you...