Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 01:52 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Hey guys... long time no see!!!

I am deeply saddened by the crap that our Malaysian authorities resort to treating our furry friends.

By sending the dogs to uninhabited islands just spells doom for the poor fellows.

I do agree with Chewchew.... F*ck those mindless idiots. They're just doing short term remedies by sending the dogs there. That's what happens when you let people who lack proper logic and compassion think of methods to solve a problem.

Kudos to all those involved in the rescue process.

Here's more food for thought....

Since we're doing that way....

Why not we send all the Mat Rempits, Drug Addicts and Snatch Thieves to an island as well. I'm sure they pose a bigger threat to society than dogs ever will. Oh I forgot, only dogs get treated like "sampah masyarakat" whereas the real problems are revered by some as Mat Gemilang even. What a joke.

NOTE: They said that the dogs have food there... got wild boars, snakes, fish, crabs and such. IN CASE IT NEVER CAME TO MIND. Dogs are domesticated, they can't HUNT like wolves or wild dogs do. I suppose someones gonna have the bright idea of giving the dogs fishing reels, nets, and perhaps guns to use eh?

This country is going downhill with this. The rest of the world IS WATCHING AND LAUGHING AT MALAYSIA!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:01 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Roy roy roy...... my Sr.member. welcome back, such long time didn't see you. petfinder.my became coffee shop chating channel since you leaving. This Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs bring us attention to those support of hard for rescue work and story. Please support again to petfinder.my. dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBlue View Post

I am deeply saddened by the crap that our Malaysian authorities resort to treating our furry friends.

By sending the dogs to uninhabited islands just spells doom for the poor fellows.

I do agree with Chewchew.... F*ck those mindless idiots. They're just doing short term remedies by sending the dogs there. That's what happens when you let people who lack proper logic and compassion think of methods to solve a problem.

Why not we send all the Mat Rempits, Drug Addicts and Snatch Thieves to an island as well. I'm sure they pose a bigger threat to society than dogs ever will. Oh I forgot, only dogs get treated like "sampah masyarakat" whereas the real problems are revered by some as Mat Gemilang even. What a joke.

NOTE: They said that the dogs have food there... got wild boars, snakes, fish, crabs and such. IN CASE IT NEVER CAME TO MIND. Dogs are domesticated, they can't HUNT like wolves or wild dogs do. I suppose someones gonna have the bright idea of giving the dogs fishing reels, nets, and perhaps guns to use eh?

This country is going downhill with this. The rest of the world IS WATCHING AND LAUGHING AT MALAYSIA!!!

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:24 AM
Banned

Furry Friends Farm is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone in the forum,
Thank you very much in inviting me to share my experience with you in this furry kids rescue mission. Well, i should say that the desire of the furry kids to survive in this most difficult living conditions has greatly inspire me to participate in the rescue. Furry Friends Farm is only trying to play a small part in doing its best for these unfortunate kids. As the BALL has started rolling, we believe more stranded kids will be removed from this unnecessary sufferings. The first dog rescued, Hope is now at the farm. She has started wagging its tail whenever her name is called. Very friendly and adorable. Hope will be the mascot of our rescue mission at Pulau Tengah. The poster puppy, Cleo is also at the farm now. She is still very inconfident of human's touch and closed approach. Well, she certainly needs more time to recuperate.
We managed to rescue a male dog at the same time with Cleo. Unfortunately, this brown male dog is having liver problem. He is now being treated and hospitalized. According to the vet, he is quite aggressive.
We have our third lucky kid whom had successfully swam herself to us in our third rescue mission. She is our Amazing Grace.
Well, we will be receiving two more lucky kids rescued today.
Our rescue spirit will never ceased until we are sure that there are no more kids stranded in Pulau Tengah.
This rescue mission is the most interesting and challenging in my Animal Welfare work.
Rescued animals will be given a second chance to live and Furry Friends Farm is also a very challenging project to testify our commitments in supporting the rescued animals. It is not easy though but I believe the success of an animal sanctuary is the beginning of a more caring and loving society.
Thanks again to all of you to help the abused and strays in your very special ways.
Cheers.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:37 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Is that you Ms.Sabrina? If yes, I glad to see you here for share the experince.
I am DIMB, i think you might receive my text two day ago.
what petfinder.my can help you? we have a database planform for upload picture and information. I would like recommend to you, it able let public search on database and they like it, might contact you.
At SPCA Penang has using this database for get more people come for adoption.
Need any help of it, you can contact Andy and Ezer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Friends Farm View Post
Hi Everyone in the forum,
Thank you very much in inviting me to share my experience with you in this furry kids rescue mission. Well, i should say that the desire of the furry kids to survive in this most difficult living conditions has greatly inspire me to participate in the rescue. Furry Friends Farm is only trying to play a small part in doing its best for these unfortunate kids. As the BALL has started rolling, we believe more stranded kids will be removed from this unnecessary sufferings. The first dog rescued, Hope is now at the farm. She has started wagging its tail whenever her name is called. Very friendly and adorable. Hope will be the mascot of our rescue mission at Pulau Tengah. The poster puppy, Cleo is also at the farm now. She is still very inconfident of human's touch and closed approach. Well, she certainly needs more time to recuperate.
We managed to rescue a male dog at the same time with Cleo. Unfortunately, this brown male dog is having liver problem. He is now being treated and hospitalized. According to the vet, he is quite aggressive.
We have our third lucky kid whom had successfully swam herself to us in our third rescue mission. She is our Amazing Grace.
Well, we will be receiving two more lucky kids rescued today.
Our rescue spirit will never ceased until we are sure that there are no more kids stranded in Pulau Tengah.
This rescue mission is the most interesting and challenging in my Animal Welfare work.
Rescued animals will be given a second chance to live and Furry Friends Farm is also a very challenging project to testify our commitments in supporting the rescued animals. It is not easy though but I believe the success of an animal sanctuary is the beginning of a more caring and loving society.
Thanks again to all of you to help the abused and strays in your very special ways.
Cheers.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for sharing your first-hand account with us, and I'd like to congratulate you on your successful efforts in rescuing some of the animals. I can only imagine how tough and challenging this mission is, but I am sure the satisfaction and joy from each successful rescue far overshadows the difficulties.

Do you have sufficient volunteers for the rescue efforts or have any other needs/requests? If so, please let me know and we'll do our best to help you source for the required assistance.

We'd also love to assist you in rehoming the rescued animals when they have fully recovered and are ready for adoption.

Keep up the excellent work, and we look forward to your updates, Sabrina!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Hey Roy the man behind the mask... it's been like ages since we saw you here. Good to have you back, bro!

Now's your chance to show your V-for-Vendetta skills and teach those guys a lesson!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChew1987 View Post
.... I hope many of you will do some action instead of praying and waiting for someone else to do actions, if u really wanna help.

Thanks for those who already and is still helping the situation, and apologies to those whose sense i have offended.

Thanks & Sorry.
No offence taken, but I do believe prayers work wonders...

Today is a special day, - Wesak day, those who are Buddhist, do say a little prayer for doggies stranded in the island.

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

The good news: the story of the Pulau Ketam dogs has made the international press. It's appeared in BBC, Yahoo News, and various other news outlets all over the world. From there, it's making its way into dog-related blogs on practically every continent, many of which are giving information for sending funds. I hope the publicity will bring a good deal of extra money for the rescue effort!

The bad news: the story of the Pulau Ketam dogs has made the international press. Malaysia is being crucified in the commentary. It's obvious the people who stranded the dogs didn't think about the animals' welfare, but I wonder if they thought about the beating the country would take in the world press... So very sad on both counts. :-(
Old 05-09-2009, 09:08 AM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

Maybe our dear ministers and people in charge will learn to use their brain. I'm sure the PM and tourism ministers would not be very happy with such bad press.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:14 AM
PetFinder Moderator

This is the most shameful story of the dog history at Malaysia. Already how many dog was sending there, nobody going stop this cruelty when beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
The good news: the story of the Pulau Ketam dogs has made the international press. It's appeared in BBC, Yahoo News, and various other news outlets all over the world. From there, it's making its way into dog-related blogs on practically every continent, many of which are giving information for sending funds. I hope the publicity will bring a good deal of extra money for the rescue effort!

The bad news: the story of the Pulau Ketam dogs has made the international press. Malaysia is being crucified in the commentary. It's obvious the people who stranded the dogs didn't think about the animals' welfare, but I wonder if they thought about the beating the country would take in the world press... So very sad on both counts. :-(

Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 AM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Well said and well thought.

Another suggestion... WHY NOT WE START WITH THE EDUCATION PLAN ON THESE ISLANDS AND

SPAY AND NEUTER THE HEAD OF THE VILLAGE INCLUDING HIS FAMILIES AND RELATIVES, SO WE HAVE NO MORE IDIOTS IN THE FUTURE?

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-09-2009, 11:57 AM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
This is the most shameful story of the dog history at Malaysia. Already how many dog was sending there, nobody going stop this cruelty when beginning.
YUP! I AGREE... AREN'T YOU PROUD TO BE A MALAYSIAN? ARE WE PROUD THAT ALL NATIONS ARE ACTUALLY LAUGHING AT US?

DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS SHIT HAPPENED? LET ME TELL YOU...

ALL THE IDIOTS OWNING DOG AND BITCHES ON PULAU KETAM DO NOT KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF SPAYING AND NEUTERING....THEY DON'T EVEN CARE... THATS WHY THEY ARE NOT ASHAMED AND NO REGRETS AFTER WHAT THEY HAD DONE TOWARDS THE POOR POOR DOGS... THEY ARE HEARTLESS AND NOT ONLY THAT... THEY ARE SUPER DUPER EGO CENTRIC, BODOH SOMBONG AND TAK BOLEH DIAJAR PUNYA ORANG / I DON'T THINK THEY ARE HUMAN AT ALL SINCE THEY DON'T THINK OR ACT LIKE ONE!!

THE DOGS WERE ACTUALLY "USED" TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR FISH FARM... AFTER THE NUMBER MULTIPLIED, THEY DECIDED TO GET RID OF THEM... NOT ONLY THAT, THESE DOGS WERE LEFT THERE TO DIE!!!

SPCA CANNOT RUN SMOOTHLY OR PERFORM ITS DUTY WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF THE PUBLIC... WE TOO NEED TO BE INFORMED. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO BE IN EVERY LITTLE SQUARE FEET OF ALL PLACES...

TOO BAD, WHEN WE GOT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS INCIDENCE THE DOGS AND BITCHES HAD ALREADY "FLOATING DEAD" SOOOOO MANY OF THEM... WHEN SHITS LIKE THIS HAPPENED, CALL SPCA AMPANGTO SOLVE THE PROBLEM...

WHAT ABOUT THE IDIOTS IN CHARGE OF THIS STUPID DISTRICT? THEY DO HAVE A LOCAL AUTHORITY TO HANDLE SUCH CASES... BEFORE THIS CATASTROPHIC EVENT?

ARE THEY DEAD STUPID?

I AM INVITING ALL TO GO FOR A VISIT TO PULAU TENGAH AND PULAU SELAT KERING ESPECIALLY, TO SEE HOW THE CONDITIONS ARE LIKE... "PARADICE ISLAND" MY ARSE!!! ITS MORE OF A HELL HOLE FOR ANY LIVING CREATURES!

PULAU KETAM IS GOING DOWN FOR SURE...

IF YOU GUYS DARE ENOUGH TO GO THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN. YOU CAN'T EVEN WALK NORMALLY, THERE IS NO EXCESS TO THIS ISLAND! ITS A DEAD LOCK... THAT IS WHY PEOPLE LIKE US, FFF, SPCA & WHITE WATER PROFESSIONALS ONLY MANAGE TO TAKE HOME 3 OR 2 DOGS AFTER SEVERAL VISITS.

DON'T JUST SIT DOWN THERE... GET UP AND GO!!!

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 05-09-2009, 12:03 PM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

In a very ironic sense, I'm glad Malaysia is getting crucified. Since we as the citizens don't get to make such a big difference in the way the govt thinks, may the rest of the world be able to do what we are unable to to - change the govt's mindset.

DIMB : I'm really glad to be back here again. I've been real busy in the past few months. No worries... will get back to where I was and perhaps one day join you guys for yumcha session.

Andy : Yeah dude.... time for civil disobedience is here. Time to fire up my blog and bring Malaysia to it's knees...

Sashy : The govt got bigger worries right now like the situation in Perak... it's our job to get these dogs the attention that they need.

Sabrina : God bless you for your work. I wouldn't dare to think what would happen to all those kids.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Those sucker delivery homeless dogs to Pulau Ketam, When bring back homeless dog to mainland. It already out of % for bring back from that island. It is hard work and diffculty thing for rescue group Ms.Sabrina and local rescue team.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sashy : The govt got bigger worries right now like the situation in Perak... it's our job to get these dogs the attention that they need.

Good point.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urgent Rescue Mission In Action - The Rescue Mission Secretariat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Sashy aka Ann Lim,
Ketam village head CHA KENG LEE , who initiated tis cruelty act, has no regret wen i cal him. he defended his act by claiming d dogs were dumped in a so - called paradise island !!!
if it's paradise island, why doesn't he move himself and his family there?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Animal Rescuer

Default Re: A Sorry State ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Furkid,
for my point, public should donate to which one? It is unclear statement?what do you think about this?
sorry DIMB, although your question is directed to Furkid, i'll be a kehpoh and say that donate to Furry Friends Farm. i for one am not willing to donate money for 1.6 million bungalow to be purchased to be used as office......more to follow. now the main thing is to save the dogs.

anyway, help sabrina to rescue the animals. that's the main thing now. i've been to FFF and she is sure doing a good job - literally running a one-man show on weekdays with a small number of volunteers on weekends. yet, the animals are well taken care of with more than enough to eat and happy. she has no big group of volunteers and she slogs for the animals. this, i've seen with my own eyes. that's why, i'll try in whatever way i can to get food, supplements, shampoo, etc. for her rescued dogs.

cheers for sabrina and tvsmith for initiating the rescue mission. i'm sure they will be blessed and may the next tsunami sees Pulau Ketam wiped off the map.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Animal Lover

Snowflake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well said and well thought.

Another suggestion... WHY NOT WE START WITH THE EDUCATION PLAN ON THESE ISLANDS AND

SPAY AND NEUTER THE HEAD OF THE VILLAGE INCLUDING HIS FAMILIES AND RELATIVES, SO WE HAVE NO MORE IDIOTS IN THE FUTURE?

Excellent idea !

Quote:
IF YOU GUYS DARE ENOUGH TO GO THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN. YOU CAN'T EVEN WALK NORMALLY, THERE IS NO EXCESS TO THIS ISLAND! ITS A DEAD LOCK... THAT IS WHY PEOPLE LIKE US, FFF, SPCA & WHITE WATER PROFESSIONALS ONLY MANAGE TO TAKE HOME 3 OR 2 DOGS AFTER SEVERAL VISITS.

DON'T JUST SIT DOWN THERE... GET UP AND GO!!!
Isn't this just typical ? Always only when there is a furore, then push to quarters like FFF, SPCA, etc, to clean up their stupid mess. Damn idiotic.

Quote:
No big deal dimb and its my pleasure :) I'm also organizing a charity drive for them next coming Tuesday. Link is here : http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30804
Nivek, I will pass along to my friends interested to participate at eGate on Tuesday.

Myself and hubby will be going down tmrw, for our fortnightly trip to FFF. Anyone from Penang that might wish to donate dog food or rice, etc, to FFF, we can help transport the donations during our trips there.

Good luck and keep safe to those who are going on the rescue mission.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Animal Lover

shanti is on a distinguished road

I have one idea to solve the problem of strays in Pulau Ketam eventhough it might sound a little ridiculous to some. There are still more than a 1000 strays remain in Pulau Ketam, instead of spaying all of them which cost a lot of money, why don't someone perhaps SPCA go round up all the female dogs ( puppy and adult ) from the island and remove them from there. Let all the male dogs remain in the island. There is no need to do any neutering. For those female dogs removed from Pulau Ketam, neuter them and try to rehome them.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Animal Rescuer

i hope it's not a case of out of the frying into the fire for the dogs rescued by spca. before anyone wants to bombard me for saying that, THINK. if i understood correctly, one of the reasons for freely putting down is space constraints. so, what would happen if spca manages to catch more of these pulau ketam dogs. wouldn't there be more space problems or did they suddenly have a case of conscience attacks since FFF is getting all the commendations and support for the good work that it is doing?

FFF is a no-kill shelter, even if it 'kills' the founder to take care of the animals, whereas spca has an army of volunteers and big funds. i'm not picking any fight with any supporters, be it spca or FFF. i think events speak for themselves - who are those truly interested in helping animals and who wants glory.

another point that i want to bring up. it's very heartening to note the condemnation of the action by pulau ketam residents and the supporters of rescue mission. what i want to highlight is at the end of the day when this issue dies down, who actually are willing to adopt these dogs. i run a petshop and everyday i get people who come in asking to buy pedigrees. in the forums that i participate, i see many dog owners with pedigrees. now, don't get me wrong. i've nothing against pedigree owners. but when it comes to the crunch, how many will opt to adopt mongrels.

i personally know someone who will literally 'run' to rescue pedigrees that are about to be put down at an animal shelter, but when it comes to mongrels, there is silence. and this person claims to be an animal rescuer on one of the forums.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 05-26-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Closed Thread