Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Animal Lover

Kaorumirai is on a distinguished road
Smile Wanna Cats

klo ade mane persian or bengal cats yang nak di adopt kan, pls contact me k...
i really want to have this kind of cats...
sy dah ade 7 ekor domestic short hair cats...
saje nak menambah kucing kat umah...
lagi byk lagi best...
meriah rumah
Old 08-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Animal Lover

ashlycat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wanna Cats

may i know what food you feed to all your cats?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Animal Lover

Talking Re: Wanna Cats

i just give them rice with the fish...
mix it together...
sometime i give them cat food like whiskas or friskies...
Old 08-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorumirai View Post
i just give them rice with the fish...
mix it together...
sometime i give them cat food like whiskas or friskies...
Hi, Kaorumirai --

Before you consider adopting more cats, I would encourage you to learn more about cat nutrition.

Although rice and fish are not bad for cats' health, they are far from a complete diet. The Whiskas and Friskies are extremely low quality cat food. Feeding your cats these brands of cat food would be similar to feeding a child nothing but KFC or McDonalds -- in other words, junk food. Cats and people who eat nothing but junk food will never look or feel their best, and they will probably die early deaths from liver and kidney disease.

Please, talk to your local veterinarian or search the forums here on Petfinder about higher quality foods. We all want your kitties to be healthy and happy!

This is from an article on www.answers.com, talking about the Whiskas and Friskies brands of cat food:

Quote:
Both brands are incredibly low quality. Both the dry food is packed with grains and cereals that offer no nutritional value whatsoever to a cat or kitten, and both dry and wet of both Friskies and Whiskas have a very low meat content. Typically Whiskas' foods only include 4% meat.
Kittens and cats are strict carnivores. They get all their nutritional needs from meat. Kittens in particular, need a lot of Protein and Fat in order to grow and develop in a healthy manner. Kittens need twice as much Protein as an adult cat does.

The best cat foods are the ones with a very high meat content (labelled as Chicken, Turkey, Tuna, etc.) as the FIRST ingredient with no grains, wheat, or corn. Be sure to keep away from Ingredients such as grain, corn, wheat gluten, various sugars as they serve no nutritional value to the cat whatsoever. Corns and grains pack the food with carbohydrates, which is essentially cheap filler. Cats are not designed to digest such a high number of carbohydrate (they only need 3-4% of their daily intake).
Old 08-22-2011, 01:13 AM
hafiz90

hafiz90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Kaorumirai --

Before you consider adopting more cats, I would encourage you to learn more about cat nutrition.

Although rice and fish are not bad for cats' health, they are far from a complete diet. The Whiskas and Friskies are extremely low quality cat food. Feeding your cats these brands of cat food would be similar to feeding a child nothing but KFC or McDonalds -- in other words, junk food. Cats and people who eat nothing but junk food will never look or feel their best, and they will probably die early deaths from liver and kidney disease.

Please, talk to your local veterinarian or search the forums here on Petfinder about higher quality foods. We all want your kitties to be healthy and happy!

This is from an article on www.answers.com, talking about the Whiskas and Friskies brands of cat food:
Betul tu...... nak menjaga kucing yg macam bengal, persian, maine coon atau pape je..... kena jaga permakanan die....... so DSH tu bantu kita untuk belajar macam mana nak mula2 jaga kucing...... heheheee.......

saya akui saya pun pernah bagi kucing saya makan nasi + ikan rebus, fsks, wskas n etc non premium...... tapi apa yg jadi kat dorg cam Amy badan gemuk tapi perut die lembik..... yang lg x best nye die kerap cirit n kena deworm kerap kali...... so susah gak la......

so setakat ni sya mampu berikan BW for my cats n saya puas hati lg dengan BW compared tu what i gave them before..... heheheeee
Old 08-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Animal Lover

stakat ni sy bela kucing kampong yg btol2 kampong la....
dorg x brp minat nak mkn cat food punye...
juz ajar pelan2...
stakat ni sume kucing2 sy sihat2 belaka...

btw, thanks to Maneki Neko for ur information^^
i'll give the proper n healthy food to them...
i'll make sure all my kitties r healthy