Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hi Felix,

Thanks for your great suggestion. Unfortunately, we will not be able to sell merchandise during this event. Moreover, we are sharing the booth with Petster Magazine, so we would not have much space too.

I will definitely keep this idea in mind when we work on the next event, so I can discuss it with the organizers. In fact, we will be enhancing PetFinder to properly showcase products, and I would love to discuss with you and Blackwood on promotional arrangements that would benefit them and our members.
Hi there Andy,

Not a problem. If we are not allowed to sale, then perhaps we could distribute out free samples of Blackwood Cat and Dog food or perhaps we could ask Blackwood to sponsor some gifts as prizes for the competitions lined up. I am sure that the distributor will give us his full support. If you think this is ok, I will further discuss with him. Do let me know. Please feel free to contact me at 016 380 8664 to discuss further as I am seldom online due to work

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 10-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Hi Felix,

Yes, that'd be awesome if they can sponsor some gifts for our competitions. We will be having many rounds of games, so the more prize sponsors we can get, the merrier it is.

Please discuss with them and let me know what they can sponsor and how I can get ahold of the items. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hi Felix,

Yes, that'd be awesome if they can sponsor some gifts for our competitions. We will be having many rounds of games, so the more prize sponsors we can get, the merrier it is.

Please discuss with them and let me know what they can sponsor and how I can get ahold of the items. Thanks!
Sure, I will check with the distributor and if he is agreeable to this then I will give you his name and contact number. Will advise you soonest.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 10-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Animal Lover

jacinta.spca is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Sorry for registering on the forum so late! Really happy to see petfinder.my and friends are so supportive of the event - hope you're excited as we are ! We've only had a month to plan this event, so we need all the help we can get from you ! Keep up the great work you've been doing! :)

Btw Andy, seeing that you have so many great activities planned, we have rearranged the space to give petfinder.my a whole booth ;) Wifi still not confirmed, but power point most definitely available. Will revert to confirm Wifi!

Heres the updated info for the event:

SPCA - KL Tower World Animal Day
Join us at our biggest WAD event yet! Thanks to the good folks at KL Tower, we will be launching our Animals Matter To Me campaign at this event - while celebrating World Animal Day, KL Tower's 11th Anniversary and SPCA's 50th Anniversary!

SPCA - KL Tower World Animal Day
Date: Sunday, 2nd November 2008
Time: 12pm-6pm
Venue: KL Tower Terrace (Menara KL)

Activities & Highlights:

• Puppy.com.my Dog Agility, Obedience & Protection Demo
  • Animals For Adoption (SPCA & PAWS)
  • Launch of Animals Matter To Me Campaign by Minister
  • NGO/ Government Dept Booths (Department of Veterinary Services Malaysia, WWF, TRAFFIC, MyCat, etc)
  • Animal Village (Purina, Rhone Ma, Addiction, The Barkery, Jaafar Taib Wildlife Paintings, Suzy's Stone Paintings, Petster Magazine, petfinder.my, puppy.com.my, "Aesops Fables" Gardner & Wife, Perdana Graphics, Yusoff Gajah, Petalogue, Style Essentials Grooming)
  • "Artists For Animals" Performances (Twilight Action Girl, Hunny Madu, Phlowtron & Nita AF2!)
  • "Earthlings" Movie Screening - Animal Lovers MUST watch this!
  • Cheerleaders, Capoiera, Hip-hop dance performances
  • Interactive Storytelling
  • Special Appearance by Star Wars 50st Legion
  • 200 Free limited edition tees by ActionTinToy for early birds!
  • Get cool eco-friendly goodie bags sponsored by PURINA, The Pet Safari, Addiction, Rhone Ma & The Barkery for a minimum donation of RM 10!
  • Hosted by Canadian hip-hop artist Vandal @ Jason Schadt

It's a Pet Friendly Event! Bring your animal companion along to join in the festivities!

IMPORTANT:
Parking spaces are limited at KL Tower! Please either come early to get a space, or park outside the compound and take a nice 10-min walk up the hill with your pet ! :) Its surrounded by lush forest (watch out for the monkeys!) so it will be a scenic walk up :)

Watch this space for more information as we firm up our plans !!

Please do help us spread the word about the event, we managed to get the ad on HotFM & FlyFM (Thanks to Seelan Paul!) but we want to reach as many people as we can. More adoptions, a huge crowd and more exposure for the animal welfare & environment NGOs there! Please do help circulate the e-flyer and web banners through email, your website or blog. If each of you can even bring 5-10 friends, we're gonna fill up the spot ! We have posters, postcards and presskits available, if you need some please drop me a line at jacinta dot spca at gmail dot com! Let's make this a big one!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Jacinta,

Thanks for the updated details of the event, and a big Thank You for providing us with a full booth! Good work in organizing such a great event, we are all very eager to contribute and be part of it.

Now that PetFinder has more space, we can put more computers and materials on display. I will likely bring an additional computer to showcase the pet adoption profiles. Our booth will definitely be the most electricity hungry booth haha, so I'll need to bring power extension chords along.

No worries if there is no wifi - I will likely download a copy of the entire website locally to ensure that the visitors have a smooth browsing experience.

If possible, please let me know the schedule of events that are using the stage, so we can fit in our animal contests accordingly. If the timings are too tight, then we will run the competition in front of our booth instead.

I'll be doing further broadcasts of the event to the members, and through other media channels as well.

Looking forward to the day!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Dear Members,

Here's the latest updates for the event.

Thanks to Yen and the Sea Park Pet Supplies pet shop, we have obtained a large collection of attractive gifts and prizes for our games!

Here are our activities on that day:

1) Pet Adoption Showcase
2 dedicated computers will be used to showcase our PetFinder.my website and its list of pets for adoption. Interested adopters can contact the rescuers/shelters on the spot. This showcase also complements SPCA and PAWS' adoption drive that day, by featuring a more comprehensive list of their available pets.

2) Photo Hunt Computer Game Contest
We will have 2 laptops dedicated to hosting this Photo Hunt trivia game. Contestants will pay RM5 to play the game, where he has to spot 5 differences in each picture to progress to the next level. The top 2 scorers of each hour will receive a variety of attractive pet products.

3) Sausage-Eating Dog Contest
Each participant's dog will be giving a mixture sausages and can food to eat. Oh, and the owners will also have to munch away at some food simultanously too. The 2 fastest participants to finish their food will receive some really cool prizes! Each game only costs RM10.

100% of the funds collected on the event will be divided equally and given to SPCA and PAWS at the end of the day.

If any of you guys have time, please feel free to drop by for a game! There are also lots of other interesting activities and events, so don't miss out on them!

To the volunteers, I will be emailing you all with further details on managing the booth and games. Here's our list of volunteers for the day:

1) Andy Koh
2) Siew Yen
3) Chow
4) Valerie Chong
5) Chelly
6) Shan Hui
7) Sze Kaye
8) Bell Xun

Anyone else that are interested in volunteering, please let me know asap.

Thank you!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 10-31-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

hourus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hourus Send a message via Yahoo to hourus
Talking Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

zzzzzz.....woof woof
FurKid in the Car
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Andy,
That is great news from you, Thanks to those people help and co sponsor to petfinder. for Volunteer, thanks for helping setup booth and PR. That so sweet! Please take some picture on that day. I also have function 2/11/08, I with my dog club members have a social at one of member beach bungalow at Penang for eat, drink, play and allow bring dog together. Each members going cook one food bring over. I going cook Kari Ayam.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Helo Andy.

I am new here, but I am interested in becoming a volunteer helper that day. but I am very shy~~ , and I dont know anyone well enough yet.

how how?

Let me know.

Last edited by BellXun; 10-30-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:13 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Bell,
Thanks wishing become volunteer, How old are you? Don't shy, do PR need friendly and social with other.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

DIMB, wah you gonna cook Kari Ayam? Careful, later Ricky & Rocky curi makan your nice curry haha.. be sure to take some nice photos for us to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Andy,
Each members going cook one food bring over. I going cook Kari Ayam.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Bell, thanks for volunteering! Don't be shy, you'll meet a lot of nice interesting people there!

Please come and meet us at 11am so I can brief you on the details first. Can you PM me your email and phone number?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Andy,
how many number you get for volunteer? isn't enough? If not I going send you my partnar for take care your booth.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Clement, we have 8 volunteers now!

That's a great idea... send over Ricky & Rocky hehe, one of them can look after the computers while the other will manage the sausage eating game. Please let them know not to eat all the sausages before the contest begin, and try not to pee at the tables of other booths haha.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Pet Epicurean

aliciahorsley is on a distinguished road

hi,

not sure if it's ok to post this here. if it's a boo-boo, please delete or move it as necessary. I can't seem to find a general thread for the world animal updates.. I'll cross post this just in case.

The Breeder's Celect Distributor has confirmed that Breeder's Celect customers will receive 15% discount on the product on the day of the show. customers who wish to maximise on the fabulous offer (bear in mind they will have to donate 30% of nett profits to SPCA too) will be glad to know that purchases of ten bags and above will entitle you to free delivery within the klang valley.

They will also begin the preliminary stages of selecting suitable candidates for the Breeders Celect loyalty program. in this program, eligible customers will be entitled to purchase Breeder's Celect 35L bags at 10% discount (i.e. rm90) AND get combine it with the buy-ten-get-one-free-promotion. the total discount is a very attractive 20% however, it is only available at selected stores.
Our pets eat PINK raw food
Old 10-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Animal Lover

jiannan is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy,

do you remember me?i heard about the coming world animal day and PetFinder.my is looking for volunteers right?i would like to volunteer myself.unfortunetely,i'm not very sure that i will be able to volunteer myself as i need my parents consent.i hope you would call me on saturday night to make sure about my attendence.thanks

Best Regards,
Jian Nan
Old 10-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Jian Nan,

Yes, of course I remember you! How's your adopted puppy doing now?

Thanks for volunteering, no worries if you cannot make it though, there will still be more future events that you can participate in. I'll give you a call on Saturday night to confirm your attendance. If you can come, please try to reach there by 11am for our briefing.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

i'll also try to come if i can reach there by 11am.....

p/s hopefully i can....but i can't handle those canine,bro..got bad experience with their species...hehehe
Old 11-01-2008, 01:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Question Andy,

What Shall we wear that day? same colour tshirt or same colour pants? jeans? etc..
Old 11-01-2008, 02:04 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Bell,
You can wear what you like, just comfortable yourself. You like petfinder T shirt? petfinder T shirt will going designed by Abercrombie & Fitch http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/lifes.../homepage.html

I done the designed.