Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMother View Post
It was horrifying experience and what worst was the so-called Officer in charge was laughing his head off in front of everybody as if he's enjoying a good show!! Does he have a heart at all??? And got the nerve to say, "this what happens if you don't kembiri your pets!

I just hope that those sick barbarians would get even somehow. It's karma. What goes around comes around!
Catmother, is it a medium tanned and built guy? I remember seeing this DBKL guy (he is not a contractor, he is DBKL) standing by overseeing but not doing anything to protest the rightdown cruelty right in front of his very eyes as the animals were dragged, beaten and bleeding, howling, whinning in terror from the lorry?

Several weeks later he appeared sitting at the guard table wearing a neck brace. He told me he had fallen sick with fever, was in great pain and the doctor could not find out what was wrong with him.

God is Alive, Great and has Eyes.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Catmother,
This is horrible! If you only you had recorded everything that day, including the officer laughing his head off like enjoying a good show. Then, we'll see how the DBKL director can say the blood is not on their hands.

Lynie,
Furkids says don't waste energy on anger or we'll have heart attack....then there'll be no one to fight for those animals....

But don't worry, I'll never be able to forget this. I have an idea. Let's keep a bag of our urine in our car, and if we catch the DBKL workers in such atrocities, we'll throw the bag of urine at them! Plat! Splash!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Serve him right. I hope he continues to have such mishaps happen to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Catmother, is it a medium tanned and built guy? I remember seeing this DBKL guy (he is not a contractor, he is DBKL) standing by overseeing but not doing anything to protest the rightdown cruelty right in front of his very eyes as the animals were dragged, beaten and bleeding, howling, whinning in terror from the lorry?

Several weeks later he appeared sitting at the guard table wearing a neck brace. He told me he had fallen sick with fever, was in great pain and the doctor could not find out what was wrong with him.

God is Alive, Great and has Eyes.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Lynie, Furkids says don't waste energy on anger or we'll have heart attack....then there'll be no one to fight for those animals.... But don't worry, I'll never be able to forget this. I have an idea. Let's keep a bag of our urine in our car, and if we catch the DBKL workers in such atrocities, we'll throw the bag of urine at them! Plat! Splash!
Blackie, for God's sake la, I said, "Don't get angry, get EVEN", can't you understand the meaning of that? Getting even means fighting EFFECTIVELY! It means channelling you energy in order to make a difference to the situation! How can you say that there will be no one to fight?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Aiyoh, furkids!!! Please read carefully what I wrote......what I meant was, if we get angry and then have a heart attack, then as a result of the heart attack, there will be no one left to fight. Aiyoyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Blackie, for God's sake la, I said, "Don't get angry, get EVEN", can't you understand the meaning of that? Getting even means fighting EFFECTIVELY! It means channelling you energy in order to make a difference to the situation! How can you say that there will be no one to fight?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Aiyoh, furkids!!! Please read carefully what I wrote......what I meant was, if we get angry and then have a heart attack, then as a result of the heart attack, there will be no one left to fight. Aiyoyo!
Ayama, ayapa ... ya kah?

If like dat, I got nice "big" present for you, ah?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B73MRN12.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	3409  
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Awwwh......Furkids, she's so gorgeous.
Can see how contented and happy she is.
Thanks for the bigger pic!

Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

FK don't go around and get easily angry at my ka che k..
I'm against that..heh...
Now everything cleared up so I'm ok with that but next time I'll ketok your head..
No one bully my ka che...
sayang my ka che!

owh,once we have the effective way to fight this why don't we unite and do it together..
i bet that would do more good than being individuals in this..
Old 02-13-2009, 05:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lynie,
Furkids says don't waste energy on anger or we'll have heart attack....then there'll be no one to fight for those animals....

But don't worry, I'll never be able to forget this. I have an idea. Let's keep a bag of our urine in our car, and if we catch the DBKL workers in such atrocities, we'll throw the bag of urine at them! Plat! Splash!
and praytell who's urine will we be using? umm are we going to start a collection.. or should i hold plastic bags under my cats and dogs everytime one of them cocks a leg? can't decide which animals' pee smells worse..

sighhh.. really, what should we do?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
FK don't go around and get easily angry at my ka che k.. I'm against that..heh... Now everything cleared up so I'm ok with that but next time I'll ketok your head.. No one bully my ka che...sayang my ka che!
Wah, Zee U nie roti bakar sapu mentega/kaya ying-yeong kah?

... or you oso want "big" present?

Sorry, at the moment no "big" present ... mau cabut lariiieeee go play with my beloved furkids and long weekend!

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Awwh...baby sis.... {hugs}

Yup, we should unite and fight our real enemy instead....those barbarians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
FK don't go around and get easily angry at my ka che k..
I'm against that..heh...
Now everything cleared up so I'm ok with that but next time I'll ketok your head..
No one bully my ka che...
sayang my ka che!

owh,once we have the effective way to fight this why don't we unite and do it together..
i bet that would do more good than being individuals in this..

hahaha!!! Lynie, we're not going to start a collection laa....god forbid!

you can decide which or whose urine you want to collect, but I'll be collecting a mixed urine....humans plus Blackie's. Make sure they're filled and tied up tight like a balloon so they will break when they hit the faces of those barbarians.

I'm clueless here.....that's why I got so mad, at myself for not knowing what to do to stop those barbaric acts and at those assholes who perpetuate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
and praytell who's urine will we be using? umm are we going to start a collection.. or should i hold plastic bags under my cats and dogs everytime one of them cocks a leg? can't decide which animals' pee smells worse..

sighhh.. really, what should we do?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Face -to-Face with DBKL In light of the recent controversy surrounding DBKL, the SPCA Chairperson called for a meeting to discuss serious allegations that DBKL are strangling stray dogs and drowning cats.

The meeting was attended by Dr Hamdan bin Ahmad( Head of Animal Welfare Dept, DVS), Christine Chin, Dr Lim, Dr Suhanna, Dr Goh, Mr Krishnan, Dr Zaidi (DBKL), and Mr Chandrakahn (DBKL Pound Manager).

SPCA highlighted that this is a new era of responsibility, accountability, reality, transparency and humanity. There is nowhere to hide for animal abusers. DBKL vehemently denied the allegations and are ameniable to compliance of the DVS Guidelines for stray animal control (May 2008).

SPCA has investigated the earlier allegation in Nov 08, and also alerted DVS who contacted DBKL to get their story - there was no hard evidence of strangulation or drowning. SPCA said SPCA Klinik Kembiri @ DBKL will close in protest if the allegations prove to be true.

Copies of the Guidelines were distributed to all present at the meeting. In compliance to the guidelines that prioritized animal welfare, DBKL has agreed to;
a. get a qualified Vet to do the euthanasia of the dogs and cats once a week
b. anaesthetize aggressive and nervous dogs before putting down so as to reduce the stress inflicted on the dogs. This will incur higher costs.
c. create humane conditions for euthanizing animals e.g. a separate room
d. Attempt to rehome dogs, after being spayed or neutered by SPCA KK.
e. mandatory microchipping
f. differential licensing for neutered and unneutered dogs

The root causes of strays are irresponsible owners who allow their un-neutered dogs to roam or abandon their un-neutered dogs, and they need to be addressed and penalized via effective and sensible legislation. We also highlighted an FBI fact that animal abusers are 5 times more likely to abuse children, women and be a menace to society - so cruelty to animals hardly ends there.

Hell Holes created by MPKlang, MPKajang and MPAmpang Jaya

Recent investigations into stray dog control measures by local municipals highlighted the hell holes that stray dogs impounded are thrown into. These Municipals do not even have pounds.

MPKlang operates an inhumane and detestable "pound". MPKlang has promised over the years that they will build a new pound and stop using wires to catch stray and owners' dogs. Through the years, SPCA's letters and calls to action to MP Klang have fallen on deaf ears. MPKlang keeps the stray dogs in a truck. To SPCA's knowledge there is no food and water provided. The wires cut into the throats and bodies of dogs and puppies causing immense pain and a slow and extremely painful death. This cruelty is against the law and directly violate Section 44 Animals Act 1953 (revised 2006) - yet no changes and charges are made.

MPKajang is also another Municipal that contributes directly to the cruelty of stray and owned dogs. Stray and owners' dogs are kept in this truck. Again, we are not aware that food and water are provided. The truck is kept hidden from public view and there is no way an owner can retrieve his dog.

MPAJ also has no pound and relies on their dog-catching contractor, Vet-Fine S/B, to catch and destroy stray and owners' dogs. The dogs are kept in vans, for days without food and water. Vet-Fine S/B are implicated in many atrocities involving the capture and inhumane killing of stray and owners' dogs. SPCA has reported Vet-Fine's alleged cruelty to DVS and VAM but no action has been taken. SPCA has been verbally abused and threatened by Vet-Fine dog catchers in this process of gathering information.

Next week we will highlight other pounds, as well as contact details for each pound that you can write e-mails and letters to and voice your concerns!

SPCA Assists DVS Labuan

SPCA KK team visited Labuan in Jan 09 upon request by DVS Labuan to assist in training the staff at DVS clinic in medication, treatment and clinical protocols. Dr Suhanna and Dr Goh complimented on the staff's interest and dedication to learning their scope of work better. The vets offered treatment and surgery for pets for one day, which was well received by Labuan residents! The KK vets also advised on better surgical procedures for spaying and neutering. We hope DVS Labuan will be able to extend a wider range of vet services to the Labuan residents
Old 02-20-2009, 11:25 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Voiceless voice / dogs tat tortured by / at municipal council
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9GmV8GAswk
http://www.malaysiakini.tv/video/16712
Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

sedey nyer....malaysiakini video tuuuu....so touching bila tengok the dog tried to drag his friend ke tepi jalan lepas kene langgar kereta on that busy highway....
ada kah manusia yang berhati mulia mcm anjing tu ? tak hiraukan keselamatan diri sendiri kerana seorang kawan ? fikir-fikirkan lah ye...sekarang 'humans' dah tak 'humane' lagik...
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM
PetFinder Buddy

JScott is on a distinguished road

We know the PIC (people in charge) will definitely deny every wrong doing of theirs. They're trying to confuse the public but luckily we the people, can think for ourselves to know what is right and wrong.

For those of you who missed the show: I have embedded it here all together so that you don't have to search You tube for it:

http://grasspg.blogspot.com/2009/02/...estigates.html

The article:

http://grasspg.blogspot.com/2009/02/...e-to-360s.html
Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScott View Post
We know the PIC (people in charge) will definitely deny every wrong doing of theirs. They're trying to confuse the public but luckily we the people, can think for ourselves to know what is right and wrong.

For those of you who missed the show: I have embedded it here all together so that you don't have to search You tube for it:

http://grasspg.blogspot.com/2009/02/...estigates.html

The article:

http://grasspg.blogspot.com/2009/02/...e-to-360s.html
What rubbish is that butthead spewing out? I doubt he ever goes to dbkl dog pound except when he wants to get his 'assed' face in the papers. Does he think we are butt-brain like him? Of course, he has to save his butt by denying what was shown in the video. Otherwise, he would have confirmed that he is an asshole. Anyway, he is one big fat butthead.

On his statement that they have been collaborating with spca in operating the pound, that is news indeed. Since when have they consulted spca in matters of dogs at the pound. To my knowledge, the spca staff based in dbkl is afraid of being kicked out of his office base there; that is why, he keeps silent and forces himself to be oblivious to the cries of the dogs and to the hell that is going on there. I guess that he believes in 'Ignorance (or pretending to be ignorant) is bliss'. So what collaboration with spca is there? The only collaboration they have is to kill, kill, kill to keep malaysia stray-free.

To butthead: there must be a good reason for the refusal to allow the landfill in Bukit Taga be used for burying the murdered dogs. It is reserved for your carcass and that of your family and next generation and the butchers of dbkl. The way butthead described the way the graves were prepared was so perfect but our eyes didn't deceive us. Can't butthead tell the truth for once? I'm sure he's never been taught NOT to lie and has never told the truth.

Rot in hell, butthead, for condoning this cruel hellish act to the dogs. Until today, my heart bleeds for those animals and I pray everyday for retribution to befall the butchers.