Old 04-02-2009, 03:41 AM

fionaccf is on a distinguished road
Default Petster Magazine - Poor Service, Lousy Management

I am writing here to alert all pet lovers not to fall to Petster Magazine subscription. I sent my payment on the March 02 to LCM Events Sdn Bhd (which happened to be dormant account) with no reply nor even receive a copy of petster magazine to my door step until today. How is that possible you received someone else fees, yet they dont even bother to reply you? atleast they dont reply, keep to your promise to send the copy of magazine to me. No they did not.

I have contacted them several of times turned to deaf ears. Even worse, serene the person who requested me to send the payment. The email contact have been rejected.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

serene@petstermagazine.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 User unknown: serene@petstermagazine.com (state 14).

Although Rm20 is not like a huge amount but I definitely felt cheated with the way they managed their administration. It is a pure disappointment, to support a very malaysian owned pet magazine but turned out to be poor management service.

Btw, I do aware it is free magazine available in KL however i am from penang that is the reason why i subscribed.

Thank you for your attention.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Petster Magazine - Poor Service, Lousy Management

hmmm.....there's a similar thread to this at http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1499
Old 04-02-2009, 12:32 PM

Thanks for sharing, Fiona. they must be techical error, but it not always technical error. Right!
Poor company And if they still can't fix it, tell them that you're canceling your order and return money ASAP. Please buy from realible online channel other pet magazines, that knows WTF they're doing business..

Originally Posted by fionaccf View Post
I am writing here to alert all pet lovers not to fall to Petster Magazine subscription. I sent my payment on the March 02 to LCM Events Sdn Bhd (which happened to be dormant account) with no reply nor even receive a copy of petster magazine to my door step until today. How is that possible you received someone else fees, yet they dont even bother to reply you? atleast they dont reply, keep to your promise to send the copy of magazine to me. No they did not.

I have contacted them several of times turned to deaf ears. Even worse, serene the person who requested me to send the payment. The email contact have been rejected.

Although Rm20 is not like a huge amount but I definitely felt cheated with the way they managed their administration. It is a pure disappointment, to support a very malaysian owned pet magazine but turned out to be poor management service.

Btw, I do aware it is free magazine available in KL however i am from penang that is the reason why i subscribed.

Thank you for your attention.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 PM

Hi Fiona,

I've checked with William, the managing editor of Petster Magazine. According to him, the magazine's new issue for the year is not out yet (they had a pause in publication earlier), so that's why you have not received any issues.

You can try contacting William at the contact details here:
http://www.petstermagazine.com/contactus.html

Better to give them a call since you had problems emailing them.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

Hi Fiona,

I've checked with William, the managing editor of Petster Magazine. According to him, the magazine's new issue for the year is not out yet (they had a pause in publication earlier), so that's why you have not received any issues.

and for your information,bro..i've subscribe for the magazine last year..but yet haven't get a single copy nor a phone call from them..totally upset.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 AM

Fir,
it was technical error, your have subscribe, the payment pay to wrong company. hahahhaha
Originally Posted by firdaruddin View Post
and for your information,bro..i've subscribe for the magazine last year..but yet haven't get a single copy nor a phone call from them..totally upset.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 AM

Hmm.. that's not good. I suggest that you give them a call directly too to clarify - they might have misplaced your order or something...

Please let me know how it goes.

Originally Posted by firdaruddin View Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

already tired to call back,bro.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:31 AM

Thank you very much, Andy...I appreciate truly everything you have done to help me resolve the issue with petster.

its 12:30am now, i will ring William either tomorrow or latest by Monday.

Please dont lock this topic, I will continues to update the progress the communication with them, at least i hope this thread will able to help others unfortunate subscriber facing similar dilemma.

Hi Fiona,

Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 AM

Welcome, Fiona. Please keep us updated on how things go!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 PM

Petster Magazine will solve the problem. we waiting your good news.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM

09:05 AM, i attempted 2 times to contact William Tan on his cell phone but to no avail.

I will try later and see.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM

as far as i know they dont have any issue
the last issue i got was dated some time back in oct/november
that was my last one from them

i also checked up their usual distribution

as per today there is no petster magazine on the stand so that could be a reason why you dont receive any and i dont think they are going to send back dated issue.

good that you highlight that they should be more systematic but then again this is sort like a free magazine...usual la..
Old 04-06-2009, 05:04 PM

KayWong7 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Petster Magazine - Poor Service, Lousy Management

I agree. I too have subscribed but to date only received one issue in Dec.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:10 PM

I have talked to William today on the phone at 12pm, according to his saying, i will be receiving my copy this few days or perhaps next 2 week.

In my personal opinion, i am aware it is free magazine however they do charge RM20 for delivery services, they should have atleast make a note somewhere in their website stated their publication will be temporary unavailable ...etc...etc rather than keeping everyone wondered. Moreover right after payment and proof of purchased sent to petster, there are no more further communication to even reply a simple "thank you" for interested into their magazine or confirm they have received your payment what so ever.

I brought up the issue that the email unable to delivery to them, William gave the reason "perhaps their mailbox is full or something, he will check" ...oh well....I will continues to update here.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Hi Fiona,
Thank for coming back to us. By the way what is your comments for this Petster Magazine? In future do you still Subcription?
Also what the advise to other for this Subcription?

Originally Posted by fionaccf View Post
I have talked to William today on the phone at 12pm, according to his saying, i will be receiving my copy this few days or perhaps next 2 week.

In my personal opinion, i am aware it is free magazine however they do charge RM20 for delivery services, they should have atleast make a note somewhere in their website stated their publication will be temporary unavailable ...etc...etc rather than keeping everyone wondered. Moreover right after payment and proof of purchased sent to petster, there are no more further communication to even reply a simple "thank you" for interested into their magazine or confirm they have received your payment what so ever.

I brought up the issue that the email unable to delivery to them, William gave the reason "perhaps their mailbox is full or something, he will check" ...oh well....I will continues to update here.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Default I has a experince about Petster Magazine,

I has an experince about Petster Magazine, When this company starting for public. I have invite them come to do interview our Dog show at Penang. Have two Staff came for interview. I still keep the cards. One is Mike Cheong as Sale Executive, another is Joshan Boay as Editor. Joshan as lead for this team to penang. We need company them for interview our dog show. They promise after interview, they will send some magazines for us as free for next coming magazine. We wait until today never see them delivery to us.
We feel got cheating by this. Now I get the free petster magazine from some where. I sametime throw into trash bin.
I have Email to William talk about this thing, too bad, have this staff, also have this boss.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Default Re: I has a experince about Petster Magazine,

they should all go learn from famous pet magazine - er clubpet from singapore hahahahaa

but i think it is not easy to do pet magazine especially malaysia

last time i used to subscribe to this pet magazine which the office is near new taman sea there...

it was a good magazine of course with subscription...

too bad...it stopped after a while and i really miss that magazine a lot..

for the petster - my personal.....its not much of content base
i have it and at times when i go buy stuff - even distributor / retail shop asking me take more - i said no...

it is very thin i think not more than 16 pages.

their team also very small i think only >10 person based on the last i read about their profile.

it is not easy to manage a magazine - distribution..
i believe this little company is much more focus on klang valley and not all. There are people out there - asking petster - what petster?????

i had a friend who subscribe this also - she is from ipoh also faced the same problem with you so i guess you are not the only one.

i notice also there might be some dispute within the mgmt as starting i saw 2 people but now i only saw one as the head - what happen to another - we all go figure out....

even i live in klang valley right
i only get my copy like 3rd week of the month and at times if i was in a shop - it is there even faster than my mailing list
Old 04-09-2009, 03:06 PM

vivien,
you are right. it is not easy to publish pet magazines, or any magazine, for that matter.

to survive, you need advertisers. you don't make money from the sale of a magazine, much less a free magazine, at that.

to get advertisers, you need to have a good readership & circulation record. also, you need to have your readership demographic profile to show the potential advertisers. and, if you get those ads direct, you have a lot of work to do, colour separation, design artwork, etc, etc.

the easy way is to get the big boys, which means, you deal with the big advertising agencies. but there, you have a different set of obstacles to go through, so again, it's not easy.

only big magazines survive & succeed.

so, we need to realise it is not easy for them.......

Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
they should all go learn from famous pet magazine - er clubpet from singapore hahahahaa

but i think it is not easy to do pet magazine especially malaysia

last time i used to subscribe to this pet magazine which the office is near new taman sea there...

it was a good magazine of course with subscription...

too bad...it stopped after a while and i really miss that magazine a lot..

for the petster - my personal.....its not much of content base
i have it and at times when i go buy stuff - even distributor / retail shop asking me take more - i said no...

it is very thin i think not more than 16 pages.

their team also very small i think only >10 person based on the last i read about their profile.

it is not easy to manage a magazine - distribution..
i believe this little company is much more focus on klang valley and not all. There are people out there - asking petster - what petster?????

i had a friend who subscribe this also - she is from ipoh also faced the same problem with you so i guess you are not the only one.

i notice also there might be some dispute within the mgmt as starting i saw 2 people but now i only saw one as the head - what happen to another - we all go figure out....

even i live in klang valley right
i only get my copy like 3rd week of the month and at times if i was in a shop - it is there even faster than my mailing list
Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 PM

yeah correct blackie007.... if i would ask to subscribe i dont think i will also....

based on the content

1 page cover - that cover is featuring someone with their pet - celebrity or so
that covers 2 pages inside
so if they cannot get someone - that's it nothing to write liao....
1 profile page
they talk about one issue - very short and arent much info or ummphh
few ads - trust me the ads you see there is the same.....for the next 10 issues
petfinder one adoption also 2 pages
flip in 10 mins... then trust me you throw the mag aside totally...

i recommend clubpet... if you can obtain it
i obtained it from pet safari - ikano
it is a good magazine RM6 per quarter publication
it comes in a compact size - but content wise GOOD!!
i learn a lot from there... of course when it comes to malaysia - its slightly out dated.... but then again i go for the content
they cover every time on dogs, cats, small pets - guinea, hamsters, birds and so on.
do consider if you love pet magazines :)