Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your dog's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 01-18-2009, 03:22 AM
Animal Lover

altus1314 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to altus1314
Default who can help my dog :(

My dog get skin problem,it is useless look for a vet.The medic just get let him short term out of itchyhe look healthy but sometimes he scratch himself until bleed. I am so worried about itHope someone can help me
contact no:0166341151
Mr Ooi
20 Years old
Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: who can help my dog :(

What breed you get there? Healthy skin is smooth and flexible with no visible scales, scabs, growths, or red areas, is dranddruff free, is no excessively oily, and has no bald area. Youself need check the dog, insect bites, carpet fibers, dog food, shampoo. how often you dog bath?

itchy problem need to treated by veterinarian for determine what it is your dog is skin problem.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Animal Lover

my dog is rottweilerThe Vet told me it's because skin sensitive with take medic it will cure in 3 month.But already take the medic half year.The same problem still there.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
PetFinder Buddy

ChewChew1987 is on a distinguished road

1. Er..i not sure whether it is truth, but it is worth trying, up to you.

Someone once mentioned to me that feeding the dog Tuna will actually help improving the skin problem. The person who told me this has a dog who suffered skin problem too. He followed the doctor advice by feeding him all these medics but for temporary only. So...he tried to do this his own way. He fed him Tuna (canned, human food). I was also surprised, but he said it helps. His dog is now free of skin problem.

Then he changed his dog's diet to homemade food, following the ingredients at the back of the dog biscuits package. He added Tuna all the time.

2. Maybe you can also try to wash your place with clorox (kill bacteria and virus).

3. Bath him with medic shampoo every 2-3 days. Wash his feets every day with the medic shampoo.

4. Keep him occupied and busy. Play with him so he won't scratched all the time. Some dogs make it a habit to scratch because he is bored. My dog used to have the same problem, biting her skin till it bleed. I though she itches, in truth it is just her bad habit. I spank her everytime she bite her skin.

5. Which vet did you go to? I recommend Yeoh's Vet Tmn Megah, PJ or Hands and Paws in Aman Suria. These are the vet i have been to...so far so good.

Things that may make him scratch or itch:
1. Living place (kennel, floor, bed, sofa, place he sleeps)

2. Outsite (if you walk him all the time, he may have pick up something from other dog)

3. Food sensitivity (some dog is sensitive towards chicken meat, so try feeding him other meat like beef or lamb)

4. Collar (bacterias and bugs love to hide inside the collar, so wash it all the time and buy him new one if too worn out)

5. Water (there are certain type of bacteria which live in the water...or your dog's water bowl. So change the water and wash the bowl all the time)

6. Shampoo (use medic shampoo recommend by the vet, don't buy from pet shop)

7. Habit (sometimes it is just his bad habit. So spank him or scold him when he scratches)

8. Bored (he might be bored, feels lack of attention, so he scratches)
Old 01-19-2009, 02:07 AM
Animal Lover

Thank for your adviseI will try to find dr Yeoh at Taman Megah
Old 01-19-2009, 03:20 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

believe me or not BARF have cured a lot of skin prob dogs. Most skin prob caused by food, especially kibbles. Dog should eat raw food or at least home cooked one. Kibbles are described as cheap alternatives of raw food. One more solution take better quality kibbles, it may help if your dog skin prob is minor. My dog is quite sensitive to food, so i stop all kibbles and feed full BARF. He is so nice now the black fur shiny everyone envy

I sell BARF actually if interested you can contact me
Old 01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Animal Lover

erm.....i want order BARF with you, so where i pick up the stock??I will take the stock with you after CNYThank so Much!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

hi you can call me 016-2066160 when you want, i send to door step. thx
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus1314 View Post
My dog get skin problem,it is useless look for a vet.The medic just get let him short term out of itchyhe look healthy but sometimes he scratch himself until bleed. I am so worried about itHope someone can help me
Mr Ooi
20 Years old
Young man, don't be such a pessimist ... just because 1 vet you met is lousy doesn't mean all others are! Just shop around and find a better one. How did you find Dr. Yeoh? Did you see the father or the son?

I heard of one pet rescuer who adds virgin olive oil (don't cook or reheat it, use it straight from the bottle) to the food of the dogs with skin problems and all of them start having healthy fur and skin (which makes it easier for adoption because people look for beautiful and healthy pets).

Seeing is believing, try it.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Young man, don't be such a pessimist ... just because 1 vet you met is lousy doesn't mean all others are! Just shop around and find a better one. How did you find Dr. Yeoh? Did you see the father or the son?

I heard of one pet rescuer who adds virgin olive oil (don't cook or reheat it, use it straight from the bottle) to the food of the dogs with skin problems and all of them start having healthy fur and skin (which makes it easier for adoption because people look for beautiful and healthy pets).

Seeing is believing, try it.
okbut i am not find Dr. Yeoh!I am not KL people juz come for study!!At my hometown juz have 1 vet shop!so means no other vet ad
Old 01-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

1314, sorry to hear about your dog's skin problem. I'm no expert when it comes to dogs, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. One thing I did think of is.....is your dog's skin dry? I remember that in my first year in UK, during winter my skin got really dry, and the dryness caused some itchiness. Once I moisturized it, the itchiness went away.

Of course, this may not apply to dogs (maybe they must not be moisturized), because as I said, I have no experience when it comes to dogs. But just a thought that you could look and see if dry skin is a problem.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

HI if what blackie mention is correct then i suggest one brand not bad.
I've tried it on rocky flaky skin and it got better.
The brand is Johnson's Tea Tree Skin Cream-Soothes & Calms minor skin irritations for dogs, cats and other pets.
But then i saw n urs or ur sister post that ur mum feed ur rottie eat food with msg is it?
1314, try to avoid msg for rottie and see how his skin condition turn out.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus1314 View Post
Mr Ooi
20 Years old
Hi

Other than changing diet to Barf (which is fantastic) as suggested by Dongdong, may I suggest another remedy which I've tried and tested many times on my animals.

We've 2 chow-chows (rejects from a breeder who breeds champion line). Their skin problem is so bad such that you haven't seen in stray animals. All the fur dropped, maggot holes on many parts of the body, including the eyelids. My first thought was to put the really bad one down, but my business partner strongly objected. We tried this home remedy.

2 parts Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar (organic) and 1 part water. Why Bragg? It has the mother and the longer it's kept, the more acidic it is. Everyday, WITHOUT FAIL, we clean their body with ACV and then apply a thin layer of Johnson Baby Oil (with aloe vera and vitamin E) or olive oil. For bath, after shampooing and a thorough rinsing, use the same proportion of ACV. DO NOT use medicated shampoo although vets love to recommend that. We have tried med. shampoo but it makes the problem worse.

Of course feeding good food is important. We fed them Barf and a skin and coat supplement. The cure is not overnight but over some time, we can see the improvement. Mind you, we've not sent them to any vet who usually uses ivermectin (toxic) and medicated shampoo for such problems. We have been told that ivermectin is actually for horses but the vets will modify the dosage for dogs and cats. I shudder to think of the 'slow murder' of their liver. Of course, the chows do not look as good as the breeder's champion line but at least they got back their fur and good health.

Bear in mind that natural remedy may take a longer time but if you keep at it, you can actually see the improvement and it's more lasting. An animal will seem to get well as long as their body is soaked with antibiotics or medication. Once the antibiotics or medication wears off, the problem will recur.

As rescuers, we've rescued many animals that had skin problems. We once rescued a stray cat which was full of mange all over its body. My first thought was to send it to the vet. Again, my business partner objected and we tried the well-tested home remedy of ACV. What was our reward? A cat that looks like new. Till today, there was no recurrence and the cat still looks good. I could go on and on to testify the good of ACV. Of course, good nutritious food is extremely important. Remember: garbage in, garbage out.

Why not try this remedy? I have absolute faith in it as I've seen it work, with my own eyes, in my animals. It's cheap and good. No side effects. But, do not expect overnight cure. You've nothing to lose but everything to gain. The cure will most certainly come as long as you apply it everyday until the problem is gone and then you can taper off to bath time.

We believe in natural and homeopathy remedy. We've seen it working in many of the stray animals that we rescued.

The above items are all easily available from pharmacies. If you need further information, please feel free to pm me.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985

Hi Vivi! Thanks for your advise, will look through for the cream tat u mentioned...
haiz, but my mom really our big problem, we are hardly to change her mind, no matter how much we explaned to her, she wont accept.. My mom actually love Lingo that why she like to see Lingo happy while eating her food. (House Food - Human Food) Furthermore, we cant control her coz I'm working in Kl however, my brother study in KL oso...We have tried our best level to explaned to her yet she still repeat the same thing, now I would like to find the best recipe for dog and hope to teach my mom in preparing for Lingo. But the recipe should not so complicated coz my mom doesn't like those complicated thing. It should be simple and healthy...
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

Oic.
Try ur best to convince her lorr. Do it step by step.
if she really loves lingo, i believe she will understand bout it.
Hahhaa good luck.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
PetFinder Guru

daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
Hi

Other than changing diet to Barf (which is fantastic) as suggested by Dongdong, may I suggest another remedy which I've tried and tested many times on my animals.

We've 2 chow-chows (rejects from a breeder who breeds champion line). Their skin problem is so bad such that you haven't seen in stray animals. All the fur dropped, maggot holes on many parts of the body, including the eyelids. My first thought was to put the really bad one down, but my business partner strongly objected. We tried this home remedy.

2 parts Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar (organic) and 1 part water. Why Bragg? It has the mother and the longer it's kept, the more acidic it is. Everyday, WITHOUT FAIL, we clean their body with ACV and then apply a thin layer of Johnson Baby Oil (with aloe vera and vitamin E) or olive oil. For bath, after shampooing and a thorough rinsing, use the same proportion of ACV. DO NOT use medicated shampoo although vets love to recommend that. We have tried med. shampoo but it makes the problem worse.

Of course feeding good food is important. We fed them Barf and a skin and coat supplement. The cure is not overnight but over some time, we can see the improvement. Mind you, we've not sent them to any vet who usually uses ivermectin (toxic) and medicated shampoo for such problems. We have been told that ivermectin is actually for horses but the vets will modify the dosage for dogs and cats. I shudder to think of the 'slow murder' of their liver. Of course, the chows do not look as good as the breeder's champion line but at least they got back their fur and good health.

Bear in mind that natural remedy may take a longer time but if you keep at it, you can actually see the improvement and it's more lasting. An animal will seem to get well as long as their body is soaked with antibiotics or medication. Once the antibiotics or medication wears off, the problem will recur.

As rescuers, we've rescued many animals that had skin problems. We once rescued a stray cat which was full of mange all over its body. My first thought was to send it to the vet. Again, my business partner objected and we tried the well-tested home remedy of ACV. What was our reward? A cat that looks like new. Till today, there was no recurrence and the cat still looks good. I could go on and on to testify the good of ACV. Of course, good nutritious food is extremely important. Remember: garbage in, garbage out.

Why not try this remedy? I have absolute faith in it as I've seen it work, with my own eyes, in my animals. It's cheap and good. No side effects. But, do not expect overnight cure. You've nothing to lose but everything to gain. The cure will most certainly come as long as you apply it everyday until the problem is gone and then you can taper off to bath time.

We believe in natural and homeopathy remedy. We've seen it working in many of the stray animals that we rescued.

The above items are all easily available from pharmacies. If you need further information, please feel free to pm me.
Thanks for your suggestion for my brother's Rottweiler! U also believe in Homeopathy treatment, me too. Last time, I have no idea bout the Homeopathy treatment to pet until I buy Natural Heath Care for Animal then I also strongly agree with Homeopathy treatment, the treatment use all kind of natural herbs with no Antibody or any Scientific effect.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 AM
PetFinder Guru

nivek is on a distinguished road

What do you feed your dog? If you are feeding your dog with kibbles containing corn base ingredients, the chances of having skin allergies is higher. Try changing your kibbles to the holistic types. There are a few good ones out which are not cheap but is extremely good for your dog. Innova is one of the best around.

Here is a very good link containing reviews on kibbles : http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#TopDry
Old 03-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Animal Lover

Thank everyone!!!