Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 10-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen
Default Re: Feeding My Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by catz View Post
Thankyou very much to Bareen and Ashleywong who have help me alot. The kitten is doing good. I feed her almost every two hour! and ysterday I weight her around 200gram. is she healthy?

Dear, Bareen. I am sorry for ur kitten. hopefully they rest in peace. er..just to make sure. Frontline is a brand right? to kill fleas or mites..If let say I can't find it..can I use other brand? and..how frequent can I spray it..? when (how old) can I apply to the kitten? btw, only when the kitten start eating then I take her to vet, but eat in a mean of drinking on her own or eat food? anyway, Bareen, u r so familiar with cat. r u a vet b4? I am just like getting a free vet service.
Sorry to dissappoint you, me no vet, me IT geek

FrontLine is a brand. FrontLine is the only brand I knew that is gentle enough to use on kitten. With a single spray, it can last for 30 days if you didnt bath the cat. FrontLine is common at petshop and at vet clinic. I used FrontLine to spray my cat's ear to prevent ear mite.

Once the kitten start eating, it also start playing and learning. At this stage being a single kitten in the house may be a little problem as she need to play and learn thru other cat. For my kittens, I had a young female color point that help me do this. The mother would just sit and watch only. She's very caring toward the young kittens and always supervise and groom them while they are playing.

When you ready and the kitten is ready, take her to the vet. Trust yourself. Feel confident in what you doing. After all you had done a good job so far.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Feeding My Kittens

Hi

Bareen is right - you may be a self-proclaim IT geek but you sure are knowledgeable like a vet.

I recalled my experience with fleas and Frontline. i'll share it with you here.

it can be applied on a kitten around 6-8 weeks old - what you can do is to spray and damp/wet a cotton pad/ball and use it to wipe the kitten - going against the fur to get it on the skin, do it for all over including underneath the body with focus on underarms - under the tight, stomach and near the anus and around under the neck, behind the ears, especially where concentration of "blood vessels" is higher.

take care to avoid kitten's face.

for more effective treatment/control, use advantage combined with frontline. advantage will kill the fleas that suck the cat's blood as advantage is absorb into the cat's body. frontline can kill on contact with fleas and larvaes and do something to the eggs so to break the cycle.

when using advantage - it is important that it is applied on a cat 3 days after the cat is bathed and/or the cat can only be bathed 3 days after it is applied - reason being the medication needs the oil found on the cat's fur and skin to act as a medium to stick onto the cat where over 2-3 days it will be absorbed into the cat's bloodstream -

after bathing, it will take approximately 2-3 days for the cat's natural oil to appear and distribute evenly all over its fur and skin from the cat's grooming.

hence 3 days after a bathing session and 3 days after application to bathe the cat.

advantage cannot be applied to a kitten except when it is about 4 months of age and above.

to know more, please read this article i shared at this thread :

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...t=flea+control
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Animal Lover

catz is on a distinguished road

thx to barreen and ashleywong.

the kitten now drink more and urinate more. now she urinate herself without me stimulating her. so everytime she wakes up I hav to change the bedding, I use newapaper though, covered with hand towel. but I still do stimulate her aftr each feeding but not quite much urine come out. guess she has urinate all the water at the bedding.

Dear Bareen, wow...ur catz are so CUTE. can I bring the kitten to play with urs? ha3.. . well, there are a pet forum in a country tht provide free vet service. I supposed I am receiving a free vet service from u and ashleywong. also....I am so... happy coz u praised me

Dear ashleywong...wow..u r soo...detailed...u must hv done a lot of research....THANK YOU so much for ur detailed info..I apreciated it a lot! thx...
Old 10-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Kucing Garong

Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Quote:
Dear Bareen, wow...ur catz are so CUTE. can I bring the kitten to play with urs? ha3.. . well, there are a pet forum in a country tht provide free vet service. I supposed I am receiving a free vet service from u and ashleywong. also....I am so... happy coz u praised me .
If you willing to go thru 6 month quarantine, sure no problem, you can send your kitten to play with my cats.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

hi catz

um, thanks for the bouquets, actually i have lots of help from my own cats and of course from the petfinder.my community.

i changed to advantage cos when i used front line, they rubbed it all over me and i ended up with frontline instead of them. my cats were biddable when they were small but not when they reach about like 8 months - they have gained their adult size by then and it was difficult to wrestle with 6 kg of muscles in a small bathroom without either of us falling into the toilet or get frontline in the face.

i went crying with my sad tales to my vet and they gave me lots of tips - they pity me!

Quote:
thx to barreen and ashleywong.

the kitten now drink more and urinate more. now she urinate herself without me stimulating her. so everytime she wakes up I hav to change the bedding, I use newapaper though, covered with hand towel. but I still do stimulate her aftr each feeding but not quite much urine come out. guess she has urinate all the water at the bedding.

Dear Bareen, wow...ur catz are so CUTE. can I bring the kitten to play with urs? ha3.. . well, there are a pet forum in a country tht provide free vet service. I supposed I am receiving a free vet service from u and ashleywong. also....I am so... happy coz u praised me

Dear ashleywong...wow..u r soo...detailed...u must hv done a lot of research....THANK YOU so much for ur detailed info..I apreciated it a lot! thx...
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Animal Lover

Dear ashleywong, is Bareen just joking? quarantine 6 months?
(??? ) er...

ha2..I dun think of crying though..only if sth really bad happening...oh..now u choose advantage? ha2..ur cat dun like frontline? do they scratch you too? wow..6 kilo is very heavy..no way..even I can't raise a 5 kg of rice. how u manage to hug them? isn't it very heavy? ha3..is ur cat obesity?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Kucing Garong

Catz, didnt you notice that I am from Kuching? To get Semenanjung cat to Sarawak, the poor cat had to go thru few verification from vet and get permit to enter Kuching. Once reach Kuching, the cat will be quarantine for 6 months before release to owner. Some said that, owner had to visit the cat daily else the cat will be put to sleep. There's rumours sayaing one fellow miss a day or two visit and his cat was put to sleep without notifying him. True or not, God knows....

For show cat participating in cat show or competition, they dont have to be quarantine but are only allow to stay only for 7 days. But still these cats need verification and permit to visit Sarawak.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

biar betol bareen...?! ish,..x kan sesuka dia put to sleep kucen orang..? buatnya mahal nak mampos beli kucen tuh sedap sedap lak dia mati kan... kureng tol..!~

tapi mmg ada kuarantin pon.. but i tot untuk overseas jer.. rupa nya kalo g sabah sarawak pon kena gak....
Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Animal Lover

Dear Bareen, oh..I didn't notice u r frm kuching..wow..put to sleep? how inhuman! pity the cat owner..why is it so 'mafan' just to import a small pets?. I always hated imigration people. btw, how is ur cats? r they ok? the kitten is ok too. just release 'shit' today..ha3..how to say it.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Dear Bareen, oh..I didn't notice u r frm kuching..wow..put to sleep? how inhuman! pity the cat owner..why is it so 'mafan' just to import a small pets?. I always hated imigration people. btw, how is ur cats? r they ok? the kitten is ok too. just release 'shit' today..ha3..how to say it.
My cats are ok. Last week, one got eyes infection but clear off after 2 days. Now, I got 1 neutered male who got stress and pull off his on hair on the tail, legs and tummy. Stress due to cannot do anything to the beautiful female around him but he is healthy and gaining weight. Luckily no hairball problem due to eating his own hair.

The kittens are growing just nicely and naughty. They are 1 month 15 days today.

Pic taken today....Madhan, Atul and Eiddy

I got a new kitten today, 2 month old, about the same size as my kittens and he is a color point too. But he is a bit skinny compare to my 3 kittens. Can feel his hip bone and lighter weight.

Muezza

For my 1st DLH litter of 4 kittens, I get them a siamese sister. Now for this 2nd litter of 3 DSH kittens, I get them a DLH brother.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM
PetFinder Guru

bareen..kucen2 ko nampak besar n gemuk.. kucen aku hampir sebaya ngn kucen2 ko.. tapi kecik2 jer lagik... diorang nak nyusu ngn emot..tapi emot dah kurang dah susu.. aku bagi milk replacer diorang x mau.. kibbles lak jarang2 makan.. kalo aku biar letak situ..other adult cats yang wallop makanan tuh.. macam mana nak buat yer?? dah pening dah ni...
Old 10-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Kucing Garong

Rendam kibble dengan sedikit air. Bila semua air dah diserap, campur dengan wetfood e.g. Friskies kitten dan 1/2 sudu makan KMR. Gaul dan lenyek kibble kembang tu sebati ngan KMR dan wetfood.

Atau, cuba bagi kuning telor. Kalau dia accept kuning telor, rendam kibble dalam kuning telor dan lenyekkan.

Atau refer resepi dari e-book nih. Ada beberapa resepi yang leh pakai untuk kitten.

www.remedies4.com/download/pamper-your-cat-100-recipes.pdf

Dulu masa emot bunting, dia suka makan apa? Cuba bagi yang tu....
Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
Rendam kibble dengan sedikit air. Bila semua air dah diserap, campur dengan wetfood e.g. Friskies kitten dan 1/2 sudu makan KMR. Gaul dan lenyek kibble kembang tu sebati ngan KMR dan wetfood.

Atau, cuba bagi kuning telor. Kalau dia accept kuning telor, rendam kibble dalam kuning telor dan lenyekkan.

Atau refer resepi dari e-book nih. Ada beberapa resepi yang leh pakai untuk kitten.

www.remedies4.com/download/pamper-your-cat-100-recipes.pdf

Dulu masa emot bunting, dia suka makan apa? Cuba bagi yang tu....
thanks bareen... emot masa ngandung macam pompuan jugak..ngidam memacam... nak makan doyan... blackwud la dia suka n wetfud...ayam goreng..ehehe...

nih pon baru jer bagi dia rasa sket kelmarin... pasal dia dapat hidu ada durian.. sampai dia geget plastik nak angkat bawa lari.. apa punye kucen tah,, aku bagi jer la sket..janji ada rasa.. ehehe... baru dia diam.. kalo tidak.. ngiaw macam nak gegar rumah selagi x dapat... ok.. i'll try see the resipis.... thanks...

tapi masalah kucen2 len kacau makanan diiorang...adoi la...
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
tapi masalah kucen2 len kacau makanan diiorang...adoi la...
Bagi makan dalam cage ker, dalam bilik ker, toilet ker atau kurung yang lain dalam bilik masa yg kecik makan.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Bagi makan dalam cage ker, dalam bilik ker, toilet ker atau kurung yang lain dalam bilik masa yg kecik makan.
dah bareen.. yang kecik2 kurung dalam cage suh makan.. tapi diorang tak mau... menjerit macam aku nih dera diorang jer.. makan nya x mau... asyik nak main jer.. malam memang kurung..tapi kadang2 lepas jer... sebab diorang nak tidor ngan aku... diornag tau kalo aku tutp lampu jer makna nya kena tidor...x der main2 da.. so sumer kumpul keliling aku tidor.. baik yang kecik sampai la yang da tua bangka.. berebut2 nak tidor nagn aku... kat bawa ketiak aku la.. kat atas badan aku la.. kat pinggang aku.. sumer ada.. samapi kadang tuh langsung x leh gerak... eheheh...

risau sebab siang ari keje kan.. so biler ditingal kan makanan yang len wallap.. kalo x tinggal dia makan apa? huh...pening!~ biler kurung skali ngn makanan, memang makan.. tapi.. biler aku balik sekor2 suara dah ilang... macam mana??? adoi.... macam macam pe'el...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned

hi bareen

do we cook the egg or use it raw?

Quote:

Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi bareen

do we cook the egg or use it raw?
Raw egg yolk, lighty beaten. Cooked yolk may look soft but it dry and can cause chocking.

You need to test raw egg yolk on your cat. Some cat dont like it.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post

risau sebab siang ari keje kan.. so biler ditingal kan makanan yang len wallap.. kalo x tinggal dia makan apa? huh...pening!~ biler kurung skali ngn makanan, memang makan.. tapi.. biler aku balik sekor2 suara dah ilang... macam mana??? adoi.... macam macam pe'el...
Aku rasalah, kucing ko ni dah tahu dengan cara bersuara ko akan turut kehendak mereka. Abislah ko Filin kalau mereka dah guna ngeow tu untuk demand apa-apa yang mereka tak puas hati Ko cari penyapu lidi, kalau mereka nakal atau bising, ko gocak penyapu lidi supaya dia berbunyi tapi sebelum tu ko kena ajar yang penyapu tu gunanya untuk memukul sapa yang buat hal supaya mereka tahu bila penyapu tu berbunyi, itu tanda warning...

Agu guna rotan pemukul lalat tapi kekadang si Chart Chai tu pandai sembunyikan rotan ni, jadi aku sparekan penyapu lidi
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned

Hi

is it normal for a little kitten to not focused on feeding, i.e. they run around playing chasing anything but eat the food you hold out to them?

i wonder my little sebastien is so unfocussed? hmm, i tried leaving him with his food in a carrier cage (no stimuli) but he cried so much i had to take him out.

my sis and i remarked that it is like feeding a 3-5 year old kid - you hold out a spoonful of food and the said toddler just toodle here and there while you go around chasing the toddler!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi

is it normal for a little kitten to not focused on feeding, i.e. they run around playing chasing anything but eat the food you hold out to them?

i wonder my little sebastien is so unfocussed? hmm, i tried leaving him with his food in a carrier cage (no stimuli) but he cried so much i had to take him out.

my sis and i remarked that it is like feeding a 3-5 year old kid - you hold out a spoonful of food and the said toddler just toodle here and there while you go around chasing the toddler!

I had raised 7 kittens from 2 litters and adopt 2 outside kittens, I dont have such feeding problem.
I always have the food available all day and end of the day I would monitor how much had been consumed. If not much different, I would feed them wetfood plus grounded/soaked kibble.