Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Feedback & Suggestions

Feedback & Suggestions Need help using our website, or have any comments or suggestions? Tell us about it here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hi Everyone,

Glad to see that many people are interested in "upholding justice" at our forum!

Well, here are some important criteria that we look for in selecting moderators:
  1. Possess good diplomatic skills, with ability to diffuse tension and conflicts without further aggravating the situation. There are bound to be little arguments here and there, and this person should be able to put out the small flames before they turn into large forest fires.
  2. Able to critically assess the situation and determine the best solution and be unbiased in judgement
  3. Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude, but stern when necessary. Able to refrain from being hostile towards members even when provoked.
  4. Able to dedicate sufficient time in the forums to monitor the assigned forum sections, keeping the forum active and friendly

We will be assessing the threads and posts that the person has made, to determine whether he/she is well equipped with the skills above.
Sebijik mcm PP punyer Mama ... fits your Mama like a glove, Boboy kan? kan?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Yes Chelly, language fluency is important too - added that as a point, thanks!

It is not a must for that same person to be very good in both languages though - it could be two separate people that are each good in their respective languages.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penghulu View Post
as for wat that I hv seen...everyone has contribute to be nice and friendly here...making this forum a happy place to hang out...but having another mods, must be someone as same kepala and karektor like Andy and Ezer...hehehehe
but still if everyone considering to be friendly here..then having the mods idea could be later I guess...sometimes having the mods will make them feel uneasy...
just my 3 cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Agree with Penghulu. Since petfinder now doing okay, i see there's no need of having moderator. So far, had not come across any postings or comments that required any filtering or editing. Guess, all forumers here are happy lot, friendly and matured enough not to go into posting sensitive or controversial issues. Really dont want this to be like the other forum.. you know which one...and having too many regulations and rules..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
we all can become moderators haha

afterall we know each other...

nothing much to mod one...unless out of sudden...someone new register
starts spamming - there is where the mod comes..in case our superman and andy not around :)

other than that there is nothing to mode - we know what we post
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Zee and Blackie can be the moderator.We need some one with sound mind to be the moderator.Otherwise the moderator will start reminding members here to behave,not to lari from the topic,not to type with short form etc.BORING!!!.we are not school children,we don't need moderator to be the guru disiplin

As long as we don't curse people,using foul language and be polite to each other,I'm fine with the merapu posting occasionally just to spice up the thread.he!!he!he!!
Sincere opinion from Orang Tuer / Lamer..
Allowed Pakcu to say a few words k.
Sebab utama Pakcu join petfinder :-
1. All forumers here all seems to be friendly, civilise, helpful and funny
2. No moderator - sebab bila ada moderator, Pakcu rasa macam org bodoh ler, serbasalah nak posting, betul ke tidak posting pakcu kat mana, kena dgn topic ker, rasa tak free nak bg opinion, nak tayang2 kucing pun segan, n macam-macam lagi la..

As you all can see, this moderator thingy has been suggested nearly 2 months ago, but majority not really on to the idea. So idea tu suddenly / temporarily freeze. But lately, because of some isolated cases, idea of having moderator naik balik. Pada Pakcu, this is wrong reason of having moderator. Pakcu not denying the fact sometimes, once in a blue moon, our outburst of emotions comes up in the open thus create some uneasy feeling to all. Pada Pakcu, this is normal and what Andy and few others react, managed to cool of the tension. That's ought to be enough, no need moderator. Pakcu rasa, forumers here are matured enough not to play fire with fire again and again. And Pakcu tahu, those having heated arguments recently, had managed to difuse the tension by PMing each other. Congrats! So, this is not an ongoing cases and really not what they all meant. Pakcu rasa, after this dah no more that arguing2 tu.

So, pakcu not really up to the idea of having moderator. Pakcu lagi suka macam skrg, semua sama rata je, nak2 pada org yg tak berapa pandai pc mcm pakcu. Rasa best jer, sebab posting tak pernah kena delete (tp hari ni 1st time pakcu nyer posting kena delete, n tak tau la sebab apa... so rasa mcm org bodoh jer hari ni, tiba2 moderator delete posting .. to yg delete tu tolong la beritau sebab apa ek, be transparent k, jgn buat Pakcu mcm org bodoh k..)

Satu lagi Pakcu rasa, semua skg dah tau nak posting kat mana. Alahaaii kalau silap sekali2 tu apa salahnye.. bukan nya sampai detour ke kg sebelah. Balik-balik kat sini gak... bole jadi kelakar pun ia, dpt gak release tension/stress..

Pakcu bimbang, kalau member2 baik jadi moderator, pakcu dah jadi segan pulak, tak leh gurau / ngarut lebih2, tanya lebih2, and lagi takut bila moderator dah tak nak mengarut mcm dulu. Mula2 ni you all bole la promise tak akan jadi mcm tu, tapi bila manusia dah dpt kuasa lebih... mulalah berubah. Pakcu kan org lama.. dah tgk semua tu.

Itu ajer la pendapat seposen dari pakcu.. dgn muka seposen.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

agree.. if can would rather do not have moderator pakcu.. that would be better.. hehehe if not.. i still choose JUNE. hehehe. sebab sama dia tak perlu lah takut takut, she is very reasonable and approachable... THUMBS UP TO JUNE!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
:: PetFinder Student ::

Mr & Mrs Mondok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Abang Mondok,
Don't rest in peace, later cucu cucu tak dapat jaga.
.::: Hahaha!! My FurKid's dont know la when to give me cucu's...
I have 2 cats and both of them male...Plus never let them go out from home. Trying to teach kucen kampung be an indoor cats...
More hygiene...

Sincerely, I love this kampung.
More independent & all the forumers peramah...
Keep up the good work...

Actually I agreed with sincere opinion from Orang Tuer / Lamer...
which is Pakcu...
For some certain situation the moderator really helping right...???
Hhhmmm... I'm just wondering which Pakcu's post have been deleted... ::.

*** DIMB, I am a kakak... Hehehhe!! Abg Mondok only monitor all the cats.. Kakak Mondok always online...

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 10-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Petfinder Moderator

yeah,make sure u behave or I will spank you

Apart from what Pakcu's post,I think Blackie and Babyzee can be a good moderator because they are gentle and polite when replying to thread,fluent in BM/English and not to forget they know all the computer jargon/technical things at the back of their hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
agree.. if can would rather do not have moderator pakcu.. that would be better.. hehehe if not.. i still choose JUNE. hehehe. sebab sama dia tak perlu lah takut takut, she is very reasonable and approachable... THUMBS UP TO JUNE!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi PakCu,

I just located the post that you mentioned was deleted. Actually there were absolutely no violations on your part - it was just that the post quoted an earlier post that was a bit hostile by someone else, and I wanted to remove all occurences of such paragraphs so that others do not follow up on this subject. (you know, some people might read that earlier quoted post and start up a heated dispute again haha)

Thanks for your understanding!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Petfinder Moderator

Not really fit because when the moon is full I become senteng

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Sebijik mcm PP punyer Mama ... fits your Mama like a glove, Boboy kan? kan?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Animal Lover

oh ya.. my posts also kena delete? why scare it will offend someone? then the person's comment causing racial tension to other people is allowed? note that there never was clarification so that we can sort it like adults.. CLARIFY LA.. got fingers to type firsthand.. kena bash then fingers froze..
Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Chelly,

It was just a misunderstanding there, nobody intended to cause any racial tensions. Let's just put that issue behind ya?

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Purrfect lover

imann is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to imann

mod ke?..eeemmm...
dont hv can ke?...feel free sikit..
otherwise..me hv to be very good gurl...

kan pokcu....kan..kan..kan..

suka kaco pokcu
Old 10-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hi Chelly,

It was just a misunderstanding there, nobody intended to cause any racial tensions. Let's just put that issue behind ya?

Thanks.
sure sure.. write something and.. MISUNDERSTANDING.. no need to clarify... oh chelly is so nice.. just forget about it.. sure sure.. okay i will walk away this time just like last time..

i love you lah andy koh.. will do.

careful next time dont wake up this sleeping dragon!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
sure sure.. write something and.. MISUNDERSTANDING.. no need to clarify... oh chelly is so nice.. just forget about it.. sure sure.. okay i will walk away this time just like last time..

i love you lah andy koh.. will do.

careful next time dont wake up this sleeping dragon!
Hehe.. dragon lady,
When u r about to spit fire, just remember me.. org tua beside you at the gathering.. hehe. (im between u n andy, remember?.. hehe) Mesti cool nyer..
Old 10-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

June, thanks for your vote of confidence, but I really don't think I'm a suitable candidate. Besides, I am one of those who prefers the forum to be without a moderator. Call it paranoia from the old kampung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
yeah,make sure u behave or I will spank you

Apart from what Pakcu's post,I think Blackie and Babyzee can be a good moderator because they are gentle and polite when replying to thread,fluent in BM/English and not to forget they know all the computer jargon/technical things at the back of their hand
Chelly,
Are you referring to that post of DIMB's where he said 'bincang hal-hal orang putih' in the Iams Cruelty thread? May I give my two cents on the matter? I'm not taking any sides, but am just telling it as I see it. So, no offense to anyone, ok?

I sincerely doubt he is being racist. I believe what he meant was, Iams is a foreign product, and to go back to this topic, i.e., foreign product = foreigners = orang putih.

I know it sounds very convoluted, but if you refer to older posts in older threads where DIMB was coming out with catchphrases for Petfinder brochures, you will notice that he does speak differently. I had to help him with the words, and had to keep checking with him to see if that was what he wanted to say.

I believe DIMB is a Chinese-educated guy, and being an English tutor, I have come across many students from Chinese schools where their sentence structures are directly translated from the Chinese language. Hence, a lot of misunderstandings can occur.

To ask him to clarify would make matters worse as he will probably make a mess out of it (my sincerest apologies, DIMB, no offense meant). So, if you could take a look at his writing style, perhaps you might be more tolerant of him in future.

Quote:
oh ya.. my posts also kena delete? why scare it will offend someone? then the person's comment causing racial tension to other people is allowed? note that there never was clarification so that we can sort it like adults.. CLARIFY LA.. got fingers to type firsthand.. kena bash then fingers froze..
Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
June, thanks for your vote of confidence, but I really don't think I'm a suitable candidate. Besides, I am one of those who prefers the forum to be without a moderator. Call it paranoia from the old kampung.

Chelly,
Are you referring to that post of DIMB's where he said 'bincang hal-hal orang putih' in the Iams Cruelty thread? May I give my two cents on the matter? I'm not taking any sides, but am just telling it as I see it. So, no offense to anyone, ok?

I sincerely doubt he is being racist. I believe what he meant was, Iams is a foreign product, and to go back to this topic, i.e., foreign product = foreigners = orang putih.

I know it sounds very convoluted, but if you refer to older posts in older threads where DIMB was coming out with catchphrases for Petfinder brochures, you will notice that he does speak differently. I had to help him with the words, and had to keep checking with him to see if that was what he wanted to say.

I believe DIMB is a Chinese-educated guy, and being an English tutor, I have come across many students from Chinese schools where their sentence structures are directly translated from the Chinese language. Hence, a lot of misunderstandings can occur.

To ask him to clarify would make matters worse as he will probably make a mess out of it (my sincerest apologies, DIMB, no offense meant). So, if you could take a look at his writing style, perhaps you might be more tolerant of him in future.
sebenarnya, walaupun dia postingkan kata2 tersebut ditujukan kepada saya, tapi saya memahami apa yang dia maksudkan,.dan saya tak rasa yang ayat itu berunsurkan perkauman (racism) ...cuma takut orang lain sahaja yang akan salah faham tentang maksud beliau...ok jer pada saya..no heart feeling walau sedikit pun...TQ
Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Petfinder Moderator

betoi...betoi...klu kite paham gaya tulisan dia, memang kite tau dia bukan racist, cuma perkataan dia kurang jelas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firdaruddin View Post
sebenarnya, walaupun dia postingkan kata2 tersebut ditujukan kepada saya, tapi saya memahami apa yang dia maksudkan,.dan saya tak rasa yang ayat itu berunsurkan perkauman (racism) ...cuma takut orang lain sahaja yang akan salah faham tentang maksud beliau...ok jer pada saya..no heart feeling walau sedikit pun...TQ
Old 10-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

Quote:
betoi...betoi...klu kite paham gaya tulisan dia, memang kite tau dia bukan racist, cuma perkataan dia kurang jelas.
tak boleh buat apa lagi dah tu,kak blackie
Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

This is why i'm not into having moderators here..
It happens today!

Warning from the moderator (xxx) to (yy)

If the user(s) keep writing in shortform (tulisan singkatan)(apa salahnya kalau org faham), you will be banned (tgk tu, power besar la konon)

from yy
saya lupa lah xxx...sebab sudah terbiasa pakai short form...tapi, u perasan atau tidak yang forum ini sudah tidak sehangat dulu...saya tidak tahu kenapa..mungkin juga salah faham yang berlaku...wotever!

from xxx
Ya, saya amatlah perasan dan terus terang saya katakan, saya dan ramai pengguna di sini amat gembira. (so arrogant) Forum ini adalah mengenai kucing. Namun, semenjak beberapa bulan lalu, forum ini menjadi terlalu hangat disebabkan cerita yang tidak ada kena mengenai dengan kucing (so what?) dan juga kerana isi kandungan yang berupa perbualan IRC atau perbualan telefon oleh sesetengah pengguna. (does it hurt you?) Bayangkan, thread yang pada asalnya mengenai "Cat for adoption" bertukar pasal cerita membeli belah di pasar! (so what's wrong with that?, ooh kalau orang tu kutuk org ni, cerita pasal menang rossette banyak, memperlekehkan orang, yg tu bole pulak!) Memang hangat, tetapi apa faedahnya?

Sebelum itu, forum ini adalah seperti ini, tidak terlalu "hangat" namun isi kandungannya adalah mengenai kucing dan pengguna berbual mengenai meminta nasihat atau memberi bantuan atau berita terkini dsb. (pi rah mabuk!, bila org tanya pasal kucing domestik yg injured, u all delete thread tu, same goes when somebody criticising FSM) Dan sesekala, kita bergurau senda dalam bahagian "Chit-Chat". (dari masuk chit chat baik gi IRC, apa laa)

Ramai pengguna mahu forum ini menjadi seperti ini semula. (ramai? prove it!) Oleh itu, semua perbualan "hangat" yang tidak ada kaitan telah dipadam dan para pengguna terbabit telah diberitahu.

Pada pendapat peribadi saya, tak ada gunanya forum ini menjadi hangat sekiranya matlamat sebenar telah melencong dengan isi perbualan yang tidak memberi faedah. (most of the times, yg tak memberi faedah tu la yg byk memberi faedah, release tension/stress.. funny, dah la kat office serius, masuk forum pun nak kena serius gak ker...hmm, yang tak berfaedahnya bila ada moderator yang kenakan rules2 yg mengarut n tak berfaedah) Sekiranya anda ingin berbual dengan rakan-rakan anda, sila angkat telefon atau guna chatroom atau messenger.

Jikalau ada sesiapa yang tersinggung, saya minta maaf tetapi forum ini ada matlamatnya. (yes, matlamatnya untuk ahli kelab cakap pasal kucing pedigree, jual kucing pedigree, menang banyak award dsb - cuba check, ada berapa kerat yg cerita pasal dia save byk kucing strays, brp banyak dia spend utk kucing kampong, nasihat utk mereka yg bela strays.. less than 2% i think) Maaf kepada thread owner kerana post ini tiada kaitan dengan post anda.

Sekiranya anda ada pertanyaan, sila PM saya dan jangan reply "cerita ini" (tau pulak takut) dalam thread ini. Terima kasih.

Marah bebenar Pakcu macam ni, tunjuk smart tapi sebenar nya semak mind..

Note : Ini bukan terjadi di sini.. u all tau kat mana kan..

Last edited by abgraldo; 10-31-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Aiyoyoh!! Datuk moderator tuh....ya lah, that's why I have a phobia --- moderator phobia...got cikgu disiplin looking over my shoulder to see what I'm typing.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Aiyoyoh!! Datuk moderator tuh....ya lah, that's why I have a phobia --- moderator phobia...got cikgu disiplin looking over my shoulder to see what I'm typing.
me too, moderator phobia.. we mamalia tapi moderator amfibia..tu jadi phobia
Hehe.. i mean moderator sana la, not to be moderator here..peace
Closed Thread