Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Memorial

Pet Memorial Share with us the grief on the loss of your pet, and may it be dearly and lovingly remembered forever.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Animal Lover

soupyee is on a distinguished road
Default How do you deal with the pain?

How do you deal with the pain of a passed away dog who had been with the family for 17 years? My dog 'Lucky' passed away last night around 9:45pm and I was there with him to see him draw his last breath. Lucky knew he wouldn't last through the night and was tailing me all day long around the house just to spend as much time with me as he physically could even though he could hardly walk straight and kept falling to the floor.

I have not been able to stop crying since last night knowing that I will never be able to hug him when I am not happy and there will not be anyone waiting at my bedroom door for me to wake up in the morning. The pain is just simply too much to take in right now.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How do you deal with the pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupyee View Post
How do you deal with the pain of a passed away dog who had been with the family for 17 years? My dog 'Lucky' passed away last night around 9:45pm and I was there with him to see him draw his last breath. Lucky knew he wouldn't last through the night and was tailing me all day long around the house just to spend as much time with me as he physically could even though he could hardly walk straight and kept falling to the floor.

I have not been able to stop crying since last night knowing that I will never be able to hug him when I am not happy and there will not be anyone waiting at my bedroom door for me to wake up in the morning. The pain is just simply too much to take in right now.
Dear Soupyee, I think most of us who have lived with and deeply loved animals can empathise with your grief. Truly, you've lost not a pet but a family member, and that is terribly painful.

I've tried to cope with the loss of a beloved dog by remembering the happy times and being grateful that the dog came into my life. Lucky was indeed a lucky dog to have lived with someone who loved him as much as you do! Give it time, my dear, and the grief will work itself out. In the meantime, my heart goes out to you.