Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Memorial

Pet Memorial Share with us the grief on the loss of your pet, and may it be dearly and lovingly remembered forever.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

anitayusof00 is on a distinguished road
Default Kapas dalam kenangan

The pic shown here is taken from MyKatt. The cat in the pic looks so identical to my Kapas, every bit of it. I never had pics taken for Kapas. I know its a myth that if we take pics of our pet, they will gonna leave us. But in my case, the myth seemed so true. It had happened before and recently, when my son Ica took a pic of himself, he didn't noticed that Kapas was in the background. And now......Kapas has gone to heaven. This is the story of my beloved Kapas.......

2 years ago, while I was driving my 12 years old (then) son for tuition around 7.45pm, I spotted 3 little kittens struggling to cross the road. I thought to myself “nanti ada pulak yang kena langgar kereta anak2 kucing ni…..berjalan pun tak betul lagi, camne nak lintas jalan….kereta dah la banyak lalu-lalang kat sini”. I stopped my car. In my mind at that time, I only want to help the kittens cross to the other side safely. Suddenly my son, who reached the kittens first, screamed, “Mama, cantiknya anak kucing ni. Bulu kembang. Gebunya !!!! Ica nak bela satu ma, plz”……My son was absolutely right. The kittens, except for their dirty furs, were adorable. I fall in love straight away. But there were 3 kittens….I can only afford to take one. So I told my son, choose only one, and he chose the long tailed kitten. A motorcyclist stopped by and her daughter also wanted one of the kittens. Only one kitten left, so I brought him back to an adult cat that I thought was the mother and asked for permission to take one of her cubs. I told her that I will give her son a better life and take good care of him. Then I drove my son to the tuition place while he holds the kitten in his hand. “Mama, apa kita nak namakan anak kucing ni,” asked my son. “Hmmmmm…..Snowy okey kot sebab bulu dia putih melepak.” So we settled with the name Snowy, and after my son got down, I have to hold Snowy in one hand while another hand is used to control the steering. Snowy was very hyperactive and it was a challenge to drive in that condition.

When I passed the place where I found the kittens, I was shocked to see the final left kitten was still struggling to cross the road. The big cat whom I earlier thought was the mother, was no where to be seen. Bukan mak dia rupa2nya !!! My quick mind told me to stop the car. With Snowy in my hand, I went to the kitten. Snowy licked the kitten and the act touched my heart. I finally decide to take both home, and later give the last kitten to any interested neighbour. Arriving home, I fed them with milk. At that time, they were too little (in my opinion) to be given solid food. When my son returned from tuition, he was very surprised to see the two kittens and begged me to keep both, but I said, ‘NO, only one.’ It was fun to see the kittens playing and wrestling among each other. That night, I put the kittens inside a box in the toilet (which I have dried the floor) and closed all holes which might endanger them.

The next morning, I woke up with a terrible smell coming from the toilet. I opened the door and there was shit on the floor (never mind that). But the 2 pairs of big round green eyes looking at me with fear and their cute cute faces makes my heart filled with love and joy instantly. I washed their dirty butts and hurriedly prepared myself for work. My son who had already showered took them both to his room upstairs. While I was downstairs, kelam-kabut because it’s getting late, suddenly I saw something flying from the top stairs and landed on the floor. OMG !!!! It was the other kitten, the short tailed one without name. He fell down from upstairs while playing with Snowy. I checked for any broken bones, but there was none (had some experience with this kinda things). The kitten was very quiet. Only his fast breathing showed that he was still alive. Since it was still early morning, I’ve got no choice but to go to work with big worries and left the kittens with my husband who will take the short tailed to the clinic once the clinic opened. I can’t concentrate on my job at all. About 9am (2 hours after the fell), my husband called and said that there was no need to take the short tailed to the clinic bcos the two kittens were already wrestling again. Thank god. I was soooooo relieved.

Coming back from school, I took them both in my arms, kissing the nice smell from their furs (my hb already showered them) and decided to keep them both as my own. Since they looked very identical and it’s very hard to tell which is which, except for their tails, I decided to change Snowy’s name to Kapas and his little brother, the short tailed, Kabu.

Time come and go. I fed Kapas and Kabu everyday, cared for them and loved them as if they came from my womb. They grew up rapidly, and from 6 inches in size (excluding tail), they grew to almost 2 feet (excluding tail) and weighed 5 kgs or more, especially the heavy eater, Kabu. We never left them if we go anywhere in the country. Doesn’t matter if we balik kampong during any occasion, or we go camping at the beach, we will take Kapas and Kabu along. They were part of the family. We never forget to include them in our prayers during solat.

Kapas grew to be a very independent cat. He was fierce. He protected the house like a very loyal soldier. He won’t let any intruder in. He didn’t like to be stroked while in our arms or to be carried around. Neither he liked to be put on the lap, unless we let him sucked our shirt (he never had the chance to breastfeed, I think that’s why he did that). He was very fierce especially during eating time, when he will starts to snarl at Kabu as a warning not to steal his food. He had such an arrogant look on his face (may be he knew he was beautiful) and I love to see his long kembang tail meliuk-lentok bila berjalan. Unlike Kapas, Kabu was very timid. He was afraid of everything. He was very very manja, and he was everything opposite of Kapas. Bcos of that, Kapas always bullied him and even steal Kabu’s food when I’m not watching.

There were incidences when I was pissed off with the two of them. For example, when Kapas broke the vases which I bought from Egypt, when Kabu stole 3 fried chickens when I was answering phone call, when Kapas urinated everywhere, including on my very important, just printed assignment which I’m supposed to submit that day itself padahal he was toilet trained, when both of them jumped and played in my flower pots resulting the flowers to die, when I was busy sweeping or mopping the floor, but they thought I was playing with them and they jumped on the broom @ mop, causing the floor to dirty again, when I came back home to find the house was in a total mess bcos of them, when my newly bought Hari Raya candy jars were smashed into pieces just seconds after I put the jars on the table bcos the two jumped over it, and many many more. Unless you have experienced it yourself, you have no idea how messy your house can be when you have two very active cats in the house. However, all that were forgotten within seconds when we enjoyed seeing them playing, going crazy over one another, fighting over a ping pong ball etc. Of course there were times when the cats fall sick, but it was nothing serious.

Last Friday (Aug 15th), I go to UM to see my lecturer, regarding my dissertation. I told my eldest to make sure the cats eat their food. I came back only on Saturday, around 7.30pm. I didn’t see Kapas. I was very tired, so lantakla dia nak pergi mana, lagipun dia dah besar. May be pergi dating dgn awek dia kot. Kapas only came home around midnight. I fed him his friskies but he ate only a small portion. I thought, may be he’s not hungry. The next day (Sunday), he didn’t touch his food at all. What is wrong with him ? I tried persuading him to eat by gently stroking him, and he ate very little. On Monday morning, I noticed he went to the toilet. (My cats will make one kind of meow when entering the toilet as a signal to the family members that they are using the toilet). He was still in the toilet after a few minutes. My instinct told me to check him out. I saw him trying to pee, but nothing comes out. I told my husband, and we took him to the vet. According to the lady vet, Kapas dah kena batu karang. That is why he can’t urinate and he refused to eat. The vet used a wire and inserts it in Kapas’s penis while she pressed his stomach to make him pee. Even though weak, the pain makes Kapas screamed. We had to hold his hands and legs to stop him from fighting and biting. I can’t imagine the torture and pain that he had to go through. There were many times that I can’t bear to watch, especially in my opinion, the vet was rough on him. She pressed Kapas’s stomach very hard in order to clear the stones. I asked her to be gentle, but she told me if she didn’t press hard, the stones won’t come out. I had to hide my face behind my husband’s back and cried. I felt so sorry for Kapas. When we left the clinic about 40 minutes later, Kapas was as weak as jelly. I hold him in my arms and this was the 1st time ever that he didn't snarl at me for holding him. I supposed he's too much in pain to bother about it. He’s still not eating. After giving him the sour medicine to clear the stones, mulut dia berbuih2. Kesiannya dia. The vet said that it’s just the normal effect bcos the medication is very sour, even for humans. Kapas urinated a lot. At that time, he still can move a little bit, but not to go to the toilet. There will be urine at every place where he lies down. I cried when I saw his bad condition. The next morning (Tuesday), I woke up to see Kapas all soaked with urine. He smelled so terrible. My husband showered him and dried him using a hair dryer. I fed him glucose using a syringe as he refused to eat at all. It was difficult bcos he still resists with all the energy he had left. Then we put him at the porch to get some fresh air for a while. Suddenly, he was nowhere to be seen. I was very worried bcos his condition was not good and I start to curse myself for putting him outside without supervision. Well, with his weak condition, it never crossed my mind that he will go anywhere. We looked for him everywhere but couldn’t find him. I cried like hell. After search and research for countless of times, then only my son saw Kabu trying to pull something under the neighbour’s car. It was Kapas !!! Thank god. He had been missing for 8 hours !!! I cleaned and feed him glucose (that is all he would accept) and never let him out of my sight again. My husband left for Melaka that night with a message to take good care of Kapas. Kapas was more manja with my hb than me, bcos my hb let him suck his shirt, and I didn’t. On Wednesday, Kapas’s condition worsens. He managed a few steps and fall down. That was when I thought of checking for infos in the internet, and I came across this cat forum. I got some very useful tips from Melissa, cat2chat and furkids. Thanks a lot my friends, however, I supposed it’s too late already for Kapas.

On Thursday 21st Aug, Kapas couldn’t move at all. His legs were not functioning entirely. I tried to make him sit but he collapsed. Since he was not fighting, I feed him some nestum, hoping that it will give him some energy. I can hear the sounds of wind in his stomach. So, I went to the vet again to buy wind medication & food for ill cat. I gave him the wind medication, and after 2 minutes, he vomited. My poor cat !!! I called the vet and told her about Kapas vomiting. She told me that it was normal and I must continue giving Kapas the sour medicine or else the stones won’t come out and he won’t recover. After a while, I feed Kapas again using the special food for ill cat, thru a syringe. He seemed to like the taste. I waited 3 hours to make sure the food digested before giving him the sour medicine. In less than a minute, he vomited everything out. He was so weak, not even a sound came thru his mouth. I cried when I showered him with warm water, dried him and wrapped him comfortably in a blanket. I monitored him every second. Around 6.30pm, I saw that his lips were all pale. I knew that this is very critical. I called my husband and cried inside the phone. How I really need my husband at this moment. Nothing that he can do since he was in Melaka. It was raining very heavily, so I called the vet again, asking if I can admit Kapas, but after letting her know of Kapas’s condition, she told me that it was of no use. Now only she told me that very seldom cats survived after infected by this disease. She even told me that if I can’t bear to see Kapas dying at home, I can send him to her clinic with the charges of RM25 – 35 per day – TO DIE !!!! Then only I realized that this lady is nothing but money greed. I was very panic at that time. It was already 7.30pm and still raining very heavily. I didn’t know any other vet nearby. I called my husband and told him what the lady said and my husband told me – “Kalau dah memang ajal Kapas dah sampai, biarlah dia mati di rumah saja.” I performed my solat maghrib & solat hajat for Kapas’s recovery. I feed Kapas again the ill cat food and gave him lots of water. He didn’t respond at all, no sounds and no resistance at all. He was next to me all the time. When I was checking for signs of dying cats in the internet & wrote a reply in this forum at 10.45pm, suddenly Kapas make strange noises. He was breathing short and fast. My son, Ica was reciting yassin next to him at that time. After Ica finished his reading, Ica asked me to forgive all Kapas’s sins towards me if that could make Kapas died easier. Exactly around 10.55pm, when I said, “mama ampunkan semua dosa Kapas pada mama,” I noticed that he let go his final breath. After that, his head fall to one side. KAPAS WAS GONE !!!! It was very tragic. I cried my heart out (and even crying while writing this). It feels like I have lost my own son !!! I looked at him again and again, trying to find if there is any sign of life, but there was none. However, there were times that I thought I saw his stomach moving as sign that he’s breathing, but it was fake. This must have due to my unwillingness to accept the fact that he’s gone. He passed motions and when I hugged him in my arms, saliva came out from his mouth. I can’t tell you how was my feelings at that time. It was very hard for me to accept the fact that Kapas had died. My loving son had died !!!!!!! I can’t take it. I loved him so much. Oh god…….why must you take him away from me ? How am I to live without him ? I cried until I have no energy left to cry. My son called my husband and informed him about Kapas’s death. There were only the two of us at that time, my eldest was in KL, and it was almost 12 midnight. I haven’t had any such experience and I was crying, and panic and the mixed emotions all at the same time. I wanted to bury Kapas that night itself but I don’t know to whom must I seek help. The neighbours already slept and it wasn’t nice to disturb them. Thank god, Ica noticed that one of my neighbour’s son is still awake, and the 17 year old boy helped to dig Kapas’s grave at the back of my house. I cleaned Kapas, only to notice that his balls and penis were swollen, I think must be resulted from the treatment given by the vet the other day. I wrapped Kapas already-starting-to-stiff body in a new blanket, showered his pale face with kisses and finally put him in the resting place. It was a big effort to do it bcos I don’t want to let him gooooooooooo, but do I have any choice ? I felt like my life had ended.

Kapas meninggal dunia pada jam 10.55pm, 21 Aug 2008 (malam Jumaat) & selamat disemadikan pada jam 12.15 tengah malam.

Tiada lagi suara menderam Kapas marahkan kucing liar yg menceroboh rumahku. Tiada lagi ekor kembang Kapas meliuk-lentok melambai-lambai melintasi ruang tamu rumahku. Tiada lagi dua bekas makanan yang perlu mama sediakan seperti biasa kerana kini hanya tinggal Kabu sahaja. Tiada lagi rumah berkecah kerana Kabu sudah tiada kawan untuk bermain dan bergusti. Sudah tiada lagi semuanya.

Selamat jalan anakku sayang. Selamat menempuh kehidupanmu yang baru. Ampunkan semua dosa mama pada Kapas. Kita akan bertemu lagi di akhirat kelak.

KINI KAPAS HANYA TINGGAL DALAM KENANGAN YANG TIDAK MUNGKIN AKAN DAPAT KU LUPAKAN DI SEPANJANG HAYATKU…………………

Anita Yusof
Friday, 22 Aug 2008, 1pm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001_Luck_Forum[1].jpg
Views:	146
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	402  

Last edited by anitayusof00; 08-24-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:36 PM
PetFinder Buddy

skeezer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kapas dalam kenangan

kak nita.... kapas macam tu ke...??... sangat cantik...
kak nita tak mo sedih sedih lagi ok...
peluk dan cium saya untuk kabu...
jaga kabu baik baik kak nita..
Old 08-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

Kapas memang cantik, Izyan. Dia sendiri rajin bersihkan diri dia. Tapi antara Kapas & Kabu, yg lebih rajin adalah Kabu. Sampai kami gelar Kabu 'mesin basuh bergerak' . All the time licking himself.
Akak masih bersedih. The feelings came naturally. Setiap masa teringatkan dia, especially teringat2 masa dia tengah sakit & sewaktu nazak. How can I ever forget that ?
Akak dah peluk & cium Kabu on yr behalf. I will tk very very good care on him. Siapalah yg hendak tragedi sama berulang kan ?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:38 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road

It hurts to lost something you fond of. It is even weird not to love something that is dear and lovely. If it is to love and to let go is the hardest thing ever, let it be because we chose to be what we are, a minority of the millions who have heart to bare a life of a small innocent living creature we known as in early of it days as the "kitten".

Surely life without Kapas is heartbreaking, every breath that usually brings us joy now brings us to sadness. The empty place where something should belong...

My condolences to Kapas and may Kapas live well at the other side, patiently and loyal to wait for you to be reunite again in an everlasting world where love show no boundaries.

R.I.P Kapas.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

Thanks for the lovely card, BabyZee. Really appreciate it.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Tok Penghulu

Penghulu is on a distinguished road

Sungguh rasa simpati pada you...tapi bak kata...life got to move on...kuat kan semangat dan kita sentiasa mengenang kapas bersama...
Oh ya lupa lak..ramai kat sini nak kenal ngan nita.....kenal2 kan lah di ruangan introduction tuh...sure nanti ramai kawan kat sini...

MJ
Old 08-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

Thanks syunichi & penghulu Din Malek for the support. Your words gv me some strength. It has been 3 days and though I still weep, slowly I begin to accept the fact. It's just that I missed Kapas so much and many times I mistakenly called Kabu as Kapas. Sooner or later, I guess, I'll be fine.
>The empty place where something should belong...
Now, Kabu filled the empty place. My love is all for him and my family.
Penghulu, I didn't see any introduction column. Where is it ?
Old 08-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Tok Penghulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitayusof00 View Post
Thanks syunichi & penghulu Din Malek for the support. Your words gv me some strength. It has been 3 days and though I still weep, slowly I begin to accept the fact. It's just that I missed Kapas so much and many times I mistakenly called Kabu as Kapas. Sooner or later, I guess, I'll be fine.
>The empty place where something should belong...
Now, Kabu filled the empty place. My love is all for him and my family.
Penghulu, I didn't see any introduction column. Where is it ?
Yeah we hope that you will do just fine soon...Hug Kabu for me...and all of us here...

This is the link for the intro...have fun here...just click on it...
http://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=23

MJ
Old 08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
:: PetFinder Student ::

Mr & Mrs Mondok is an unknown quantity at this point

.:: Poor Kapas... ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 08-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

Apa boleh buat.....Allah lebih menyayanginya.
Tidurlah dgn tenang anakku sayang.....
Old 08-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Tok Penghulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitayusof00 View Post

Apa boleh buat.....Allah lebih menyayanginya.
Tidurlah dgn tenang anakku sayang.....
Saya ada letak info material kat...section Cats and Kitten..sub forum health disease and diet...panduan bagaimana anita boleh menjaga supaya kucing anda menjadi sentiasa sihat...

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=793

MJ
Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

I know Penghulu. Tadi lagi I dah baca. Thanks for the very imformative info. You ni rajin betul cari info2 mcm ni ya ? Bagus la...& yg terlebih bagus you sudi nak share dgn forumers kat sini. Caya la !!!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Kapas dalam kenangan

huhuhuhuhu!!!!!!!!!!! sedihnya saya baca thread ni.nangis2 kat office kak Nita.kekawan pun pelik nengok saya nangis kalaulah saya kehilangan Peterpan,saya pun mesti jd mcm akak gak.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

i am so sorry for your loss. kapas was a wonderful cat and he is in a better place now. be strong and take good care of kabu.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

Thanks June, lynie. Agaknya June org yg keberapa ntah yg nangis baca story ni.... I think I have read this story (Kapas Dalam Kenangan) more than 10 times....and everytime, I myself will surely cry. Only those who share the same love feelings for cats @ animals will hv the empathy towards those who suffered the loss. I'll tk gud care of Kabu, lynie.

Last edited by anitayusof00; 08-27-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
PetFinder Buddy

azris is on a distinguished road

hang in there...i am sorry to hear about your loss, but at least Kapas is happily playing on the rainbow bridge now...no more hurt and pain to be endured.do take care n send my big love and hug to your another cat..
Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Purrfect lover

imann is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to imann

uhuk...uhuk...sedihnye...
Old 08-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

Thanks azris. Imann, I feel like crying again to see the pic.
Sesungguhnya pada ketika ini, hatiku sungguh tidak keruan. Aku sedang berada di depan komputer dan cuba memberikan sepenuh perhatian terhadap tesisku. Tapi bayangan Kapas menghantui fikiranku. Exactly at this time, seminggu yang lepas, Kapas sedang terbaring lemah di sebelahku, menghabiskan saki baki nyawanya yang masih tinggal. Sudah seminggu rupanya dia meninggalkan aku.
OMG.....I'm soooooo saddddddddd
Old 08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Purrfect lover

imann is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to imann

Jangan sedih Nita....

I know the feeling...

your kapas might look like my Yoshi....he now with my sister in Ipoh...but I really missed him...