Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen
Default Gum Inflamation/Radang Gusi

Aku bagi kucing-kucing aku RC Persian Kitten 32 dan vet kata gusi kucing-kucing aku merah sebab mengunyah kibble keras dan disarankan bagi wet food. Radang tidaklah serius tapi untuk mengelak menjadi serius kena bagi wet food campur ngan kibble RC tu. Tapi aku heran ngapa kibble untuk kitten boleh menyebabkan radang pada kucing dewasa juga. Keras sangat ker kibble nih? Kat packing RC stated Dental Hygine....
Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 PM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gum Inflamation/Radang Gusi

Same issue as mine. In my case even worst, that food stuck between her teeth and she tried to take it our using it's claw...bad move. Cut her gums and now she's ok already but during that few days having a bad gum...not eating very much.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

But my kitten semua makan macam biasa saja kibble nih. Letak satu mangkuk sebelum tido, pagi mesti abis. Tak da sign cam sakit gusi. Anyway, aku ikut cakap vet, lembutkan kibble ngan wetfood. Aku sendiri tengok gusi kat gigi belakang semuanya merah jer.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road

Reddish eh...eee not good. I think so also..soften the food a bit. Might be a good idea for mine also.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi to all who is interested in this thread,

my cats have problem eating kibbles of certain brands - i won't mention them here as you're all using these brands. the kibbles are light and crunchy and broke off easily with sharp ends and gets stuck easily in between the teeth and my cats would try to scrape them out with their claws.

and why the kibble causes them to have "radang gusi"...i believe radang = inflamation. and inflamation may be due to minute abbrasions or cuts to the gum that we can't see with our naked eyes.

all this is because the cat kibble in questions are based on ingredients that are not suited for a cat's physiological needs. cats are not evolved to eat grain and carbohydrate! they evolved to eat meat and therefore they are evolved to obtain essential acid aminos from meat protein, not grain protein! furthermore kibbles made from grains have lots of other fillers that have no nutritional value to cats (you'd be surprised that there are many type of grains that are "good" for human but not for cats). these are put in to appeal to our own human sense of "goodness" but never from the cat's point of view.

in addition to this, they make it lightweight and hard and crunchy - you hear the crunchy sound you think your cat is having fun eating it (because we like crunchy fried food). nothing can be furthest fro the truth. it's crunchy because your cat has to bite hard into the kibble and the texture may cause damage to your cat's gum. add in the inappropriate ingredients which is considered useless by your cat's body and you have "toxic" stuff that your cats try to elimnate - hence vital energy and effort in healing and growing is expended and wasted as your cat try to eliminate these toxics (via the usual route just like us human with one exception - we sweat they don't, they pant therefore it's more double effort for them to eliminate). reduce immune system therefore doesn't heal well, minute abrassions to the gums turn to inflamation etc.

ever smell your cat's poo and wonder why it's so stinko?

ever smell your own excrement after you binge on loads and loads of meat and you suffer from indigestion and bloated stomach and a stinko breath with furry white tongue? these are your symptoms of your body trying to eliminate toxic caused by rancid meat rotting in your intestines and stomach as we're not evolved to process so much meat - same concept for your cat - you feed them so much grain-based food - it's slowly becoming toxic to them while they're straining to digest what they're not meant to get....plant protein means plants fiber means the food passed faster through their intestine before water is reabsorbed back - hence watery and softer stool.

i'm sorry to sound arrogant here but what i am is at the obvious ignorance and tidak-apa attitidue of all pet owners out there who profess to love their cats to death but will not ever take the trouble (because it was never in themselves) to really find out what makes their cat tick and how to ensure their cats live a happy and healthy live in our manmake environment.

i have people voicing protests over my alleged attempt to brainwash people into spending more on 'expensive' cat food and thumbing my nose at "cheaper' brands. i've nothing against money and i don't sneeze at money but i subscribe to the dictum/maxim do not be

"penny-wise but pound-foolish"

why would anyone want to save money at the expense of your cat's health especially those who profess to love their cats? sounds contradictory to me.

get veterinary and advice and care for the radang gusi infection but at the same time, be wise and start to brush up on your knowledge on how your cat can be healthy.

if you feel that you need to take care of your own health by ensuring you take only the correct food, and isn't above seeking medical advice to stay healthy and disease free, don't you feel your cat is entitled to the same quality of care and food for quality health too? and also same quality vet care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syunichi View Post
Same issue as mine. In my case even worst, that food stuck between her teeth and she tried to take it our using it's claw...bad move.