Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Mamiauww...

shareen_natasha is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to shareen_natasha
Exclamation STOP AND READ THIS - share info

SHARE INFO, PETIKAN DARI
www.thevaterinarysecret.com

Dr. Andrew Jones, DVM
February 9, 2009

Dear fellow pet lover,

If you're not ready to make some simple changes to the way you provide veterinary care to your pet, beginning today...

...your dog or cat could be seriously ill and live a "shortened" life!

Here is How I know:

My dog died young, only 8 years old. He was a mixed breed dog, a specimen of health. He was given a ton of attention, exercised three times a day, fed only Veterinary Approved food, and given all his vaccines. He had the "ideal" life.

I asked myself... why?

I thought that he was incredibly healthy. I was sure I was doing all of the right things for him.

But I later discovered I may have contributed to his death, because I believed ONLY in conventional veterinary medicine. You see, I am a Veterinarian.

I'm Dr. Andrew Jones, and I have practiced Veterinary Medicine for over a decade. Over the past 17 years I have treated literally thousands of pets for a whole variety of problems, and I currently own the Nelson Animal Hospital in Nelson BC, Canada (www.nelsonvet.com).

But, my beloved dog Hoochie is gone.

You are fortunate... it's not too late for you and your pet. Just read on and find out exactly what you must do now.

There are 3 mistakes that I made
that contributed to Hoochie's early death...

...are you making these same mistakes with your own dog or cat?

Mistake #1:

Vaccines - Given Every Year

I gave Hoochie his combination of vaccines every year until he died. I advised pet owners to vaccinate their pets yearly, so naturally I gave my own dog the same vaccines. It's very likely that the vaccines contributed to him developing spleen cancer.
"Recent vaccinations with single or combination modified live virus (MLV) vaccines are increasingly recognized contributors to immune-mediated blood diseases, bone marrow failure, organ dysfunction and cancer."

Dr. Jean Dodds, one of the world's foremost experts in canine vaccine reactions.

Mistake #2:

Diet - He Was Fed An All-In-One "Complete" Veterinary Food

Hoochie was fed a Veterinary approved food exclusively, yet he still developed Spleen cancer at the age of 8. The "Bright Minds" in the pet food industry have created unwell pets, producing increasing incidences of diabetes, cancer and allergies.

Remember the Pet Food Recall of 2007? This is the trust that we place in pet food companies... we assume that all pet food is safe, that the 'powers that be' have our pets' best interest at heart. In the case of those companies, that is not the case.

The food that Hoochie ate was filled with chemical preservatives. The unnatural preservatives played a role in the cancer.
"BHA and BHT are known to cause liver and kidney dysfunction and are banned in some European countries. Ethoxyquin is suspected of causing cancer, and that propylene glycol, another common pet food ingredient, causes the destruction of red blood cells."

Dr. Wendell O. Belfield, author of 'How to Have a Healthier Dog'.

Mistake #3:

Conventional Medication - He Was On Anti-Inflammatories

Hoochie was showing signs of arthritis, so I had been giving him a conventional veterinary medication. He responded to the medication, but it likely played a role in damaging his organs, making him susceptible to cancer.

These are also known as Non Steroidal Anti-inflammatories, or NSAIDs. Here is what Dr Stephen Sundlof of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has to say about them...
NSAIDs carry a risk of side effects, or adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions are mild, but some may be serious, especially if the drugs are not used according to labeled directions. Some reactions result in permanent damage or even death.

"It's important for pet owners to be aware of the risks and benefits of all drugs, including NSAIDs, so that they can make informed decisions about their pets' health care," says Sundlof. "Owners who give their dog NSAIDs need to know the side effects to watch for that indicate their pet needs medical attention."

The most common side effects from NSAIDs include vomiting, loss of appetite, depression, lethargy, and diarrhea. Serious side effects include gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers, perforations, kidney damage, and liver problems.

Stephen F. Sundlof, D.V.M., Ph.D., Director of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM).

A very popular NSAID is Rimadyl. It has resulted in all the above reported side-effects. In fact it was first created as a human anti-inflammatory product, but due to the incidence of serious liver side effects in clinical trials, it was pulled from the human market. The drug company, Pfizer, then brought it back to life in the pet industry.

It has caused a huge number of serious side effects in pets, including death. Here is what Chris Adams of the Wall Street Journal had to say..

:: utk info lanjut sila layari web tersebut ::
share info

"`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
Old 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: STOP AND READ THIS - share info

Thanks for sharing, Current pet food regulations allow manufacturers to use ingredients that you would never knowingly give to your dog. In fact, you may be shocked to learn what some brands of dog food really contain. For example, the use of by-products (feet, bones and intestines, etc.), chemical preservatives (BHA and BHT) and grains such as corn, wheat, gluten and soy, that are often difficult to digest. Did you know that these cheap fillers are often used as a protein source instead of meat.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.