Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Announcements, Notices and Contests

Announcements, Notices and Contests General announcements, latest developments at PetFinder.my and contests with cool prizes!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 AM
AndyKoh's Avatar
AndyKoh AndyKoh is offline
Founder, PetFinder.my
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Posts: 1,347
Rep Power: 10
AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Smile Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Dear All,

Petster Magazine organized a photoshoot last Saturday, for a billboard poster that would be promoting their upcoming services, and also to get better exposure for pet adoptions. A big thanks to William of Petster for his excellent effort, and to all the guests that were punctual and cooperative (Edward of PAWS was the most punctual, arriving way before any of us)!

Attending the photoshoot are representatives from PAWS, SPCA, Furry Friends Farm, Home-A-Pet, and PetFinder. It was a fun session and the best part of it was seeing the absolutely adorable animals going on camera... (Ok, I lied a little, the best part was seeing these cute animals on camera with the pretty models haha!)

Below are some photos I took... a photoshoot of the photoshoot, enjoy!



William and J-Ye arriving at the scene


Setting up the studio


Bollywood dancer-wannabe entertaining the crowd


Planning out the photoshoot


Petster & PetFinder buddies


Candy and the Home-A-Pet group arriving with Coco the fluffy Pekingese


Shayne grooming Columbus the blind Yorkshire Terrier. Absolutely wonderful and elegant boy that keeps his chin high and confident.


Cool cat in hot sunglasses


Hansel & Gretel arriving in a little foam box with the Furry Friends Farm team


Eric sticking out his tongue to welcome his canine enemies


J-Ye sending Eric for photoshoot


Mr.Bollywood and me having a drink before photoshoot begins. Thanks to Edward for the drink!


Lights on.. shooting time!


Sweet little Hansel


Candy enjoying a happy moment with Eric


Cute little Gretel


Sweet smile and a cool cat


Professional photographer Bernard in action


Jacinta undergoing some light makeup


Little Hansel is a bit shy..


A nice shot of Jacinta and the kitty


Candy and the vision-impaired Columbus


Little Columbus and his fluffy wife Coco. A loving couple indeed ~


Kitty kitty, look here!


Coco girl's turn to face the camera!


Macho Edward looking good


Bernard photographing the models


Posing for the lens


Buddies - Andy, Bernard, Ezer and William


With the Furry Friends Farm gang - Stephanie, Louis & co


William, Shayne, Andy, Ezer, Candy and Coco the Pekingese

Last edited by AndyKoh; 06-22-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 AM
abzalia's Avatar
abzalia abzalia is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kajang-Putrajaya-Kuching-Oya
Posts: 1,949
Rep Power: 12
abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

wahhhhhhhh...
ezer got a new name oledi hah...
mr bollywood..
ngeh ngeh ngeh ngeh
__________________
.::argh..!! susah2, H.A.N.T.A.MS.A.J.A lahhh.::
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 AM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

oh!! Wow!! beatiful cats n dogs with beautiful people My vote goes to Mr Bollywood wannabe & Eric the cat
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2009, 12:09 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 14
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Very good picture quality, Andy! What camera are you using, and which setting mode you used? hehe, I am a wannabe photographer hobbyist....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 12
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Looks like loads of fun! :)
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM
AndyKoh's Avatar
AndyKoh AndyKoh is offline
Founder, PetFinder.my
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Posts: 1,347
Rep Power: 10
AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Haha... thanks, Blackie. It's a Nikon D90 camera that I recently bought... still learning to use it! The pictures are a mixture of Auto mode, and some Manual ones with custom aperture & shutter settings... I love photography too

If you're into photography, I also suggest that you learn up on photo retouching using Adobe Photoshop and some good plugins.. that would enhance the pictures greatly and gives you unlimited room for creativity!


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Very good picture quality, Andy! What camera are you using, and which setting mode you used? hehe, I am a wannabe photographer hobbyist....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM
vivienlpl's Avatar
vivienlpl vivienlpl is offline
Vivien Wuz Ere
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
Posts: 921
Rep Power: 11
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

wah all like supermodel only including the cats and dogs
so cuteeeeeeee hahaa...

as i said Andy will be our part time photographer
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 14
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

wow, if you are still learning, I can't imagine what you will produce when you finally master it! :)

It's the custom aperture & shutter settings that I am always fumbling with. Not easy to get it right.

Thanks for the tip on learning to retouch photos using Adobe Photoshop & plugins (what plugins??). I shall look into it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Haha... thanks, Blackie. It's a Nikon D90 camera that I recently bought... still learning to use it! The pictures are a mixture of Auto mode, and some Manual ones with custom aperture & shutter settings... I love photography too

If you're into photography, I also suggest that you learn up on photo retouching using Adobe Photoshop and some good plugins.. that would enhance the pictures greatly and gives you unlimited room for creativity!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 12
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

I like photography too ... but digital has grown way very advanced that my very limited brains cells would take!

Jacinta looks great in the pix.

I really wish someone would come out with "street" cats or dogs photo and put them in print on calendars, diaries (SPCA, perhaps??).

See link below, you'll get what I mean...

http://www.pbase.com/sept_sea/catstreet
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:32 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 14
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Lupie,

How about offering those lovely photos of the strays that you rescued? Especially the before and after --- before you took them, and after 5 weeks' of care from you.....I think those are so inspiring. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
I like photography too ... but digital has grown way very advanced that my very limited brains cells would take!

Jacinta looks great in the pix.

I really wish someone would come out with "street" cats or dogs photo and put them in print on calendars, diaries (SPCA, perhaps??).

See link below, you'll get what I mean...

http://www.pbase.com/sept_sea/catstreet
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 12
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

No no no ... cannot .... my photography skills sucks big time, especially with my SONY camera, nowadays I only click, "view" and most of the time, "delete" .. :)

Vivi has great photography skills with street cats ... :)
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM
AndyKoh's Avatar
AndyKoh AndyKoh is offline
Founder, PetFinder.my
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Posts: 1,347
Rep Power: 10
AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Hahaha... yes, Vivi... so now I can work part time as a 狗仔队 (Paparazzi, in Chinese it's called "Doggy Team") trying to capture all the cute 狗仔 (Doggy)...

I love taking photos of animals, their expressions are so genuine and innocent... the only problem is you have to keep making monkey faces and noises to attract their attention since they will never look steadily at the camera, and you gotta take a few dozen shots to get a decent one haha..


Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
wah all like supermodel only including the cats and dogs
so cuteeeeeeee hahaa...

as i said Andy will be our part time photographer
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 12
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Not easy to photograph animals ...

It takes patience ... lots of "goo-goo-gaa-gaa" and like Andy says, noise to attract their attention!

God I am confused, who's the one who takes stray cats pix? Vivi or vivien .. not same person? Hmmmm
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
AndyKoh's Avatar
AndyKoh AndyKoh is offline
Founder, PetFinder.my
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Posts: 1,347
Rep Power: 10
AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Ah, the credit goes to the camera and Photoshop, not me...

I'm not good at setting the aperture and shutter settings too... usually I take some shots of a particular location or angle first with varying parameters first to see what works best...

Maybe you can get a good Photoshop book teaching you on all the retouch stuff... many common tasks can be achieved with the default filters that come with the software, although plugins make life much easier. You can try some plugins like "Portraiture" and also Digital Film Tools' "Digital Film Labs" and "Light"... those are pretty easy to use for enhancing portraits.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
wow, if you are still learning, I can't imagine what you will produce when you finally master it! :)

It's the custom aperture & shutter settings that I am always fumbling with. Not easy to get it right.

Thanks for the tip on learning to retouch photos using Adobe Photoshop & plugins (what plugins??). I shall look into it. :)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:14 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 14
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

hahaha.....what, are you serious, Andy, about paparazzi being called a doggy team??

I also love taking photos of animals. To quote my mum: "how come I only see photos of animals and sceneries each time I open your album? where are the humans in your photos?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hahaha... yes, Vivi... so now I can work part time as a 狗仔队 (Paparazzi, in Chinese it's called "Doggy Team") trying to capture all the cute 狗仔 (Doggy)...

I love taking photos of animals, their expressions are so genuine and innocent... the only problem is you have to keep making monkey faces and noises to attract their attention since they will never look steadily at the camera, and you gotta take a few dozen shots to get a decent one haha..

Andy, are you speaking English or Latin (in reference to the sentence in bold)??!!

This is how much I understand of what you're saying. Lol....!!!! yeah, I'm that useless & hopeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Ah, the credit goes to the camera and Photoshop, not me...

I'm not good at setting the aperture and shutter settings too... usually I take some shots of a particular location or angle first with varying parameters first to see what works best...

Maybe you can get a good Photoshop book teaching you on all the retouch stuff... many common tasks can be achieved with the default filters that come with the software, although plugins make life much easier. You can try some plugins like "Portraiture" and also Digital Film Tools' "Digital Film Labs" and "Light"... those are pretty easy to use for enhancing portraits.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM
AndyKoh's Avatar
AndyKoh AndyKoh is offline
Founder, PetFinder.my
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Posts: 1,347
Rep Power: 10
AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
hahaha.....what, are you serious, Andy, about paparazzi being called a doggy team??

I also love taking photos of animals. To quote my mum: "how come I only see photos of animals and sceneries each time I open your album? where are the humans in your photos?"
Haha.. yup, that's true... it's called a Doggy Team, because these guys tail celebrities like sniffer dogs

And most of my travel photos are like yours too, largely filled with sceneries, animals, and... food!


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Andy, are you speaking English or Latin (in reference to the sentence in bold)??!!

This is how much I understand of what you're saying. Lol....!!!! yeah, I'm that useless & hopeless.
Ah, no worries, a well-illustrated book would demystify these concepts and jargons for you... it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, basically just tweaking various values to adjust the effects to your likings.. and you're on your way to becoming a professional photographer!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:35 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 14
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Haha.. yup, that's true... it's called a Doggy Team, because these guys tail celebrities like sniffer dogs

And most of my travel photos are like yours too, largely filled with sceneries, animals, and... food!
oh ya, I remember...you have a blog, too, but I can no longer recall the URL. If you don't wish to post it here, could you PM me the URL? Would love to go "kacau-kacau" in your blog. :)



Quote:
Ah, no worries, a well-illustrated book would demystify these concepts and jargons for you... it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, basically just tweaking various values to adjust the effects to your likings.. and you're on your way to becoming a professional photographer!
hahaha.....do you mean a dummer than dumb dummy's guide to photography skills? :)

Ok.... my new project, to go hunt for a good book that a dummer than dummy could understand. :)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
AndyKoh's Avatar
AndyKoh AndyKoh is offline
Founder, PetFinder.my
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Posts: 1,347
Rep Power: 10
AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Oh, you meant my personal website with travel pics? It's at http://www.chunhoh.com/ but it's pretty outdated already, too lazy to update them this few years... more recent ones are mostly uploaded in my Facebook account

Haha... not those Dummy's and Idiot's guides lah I was referring to a Photoshop book actually... in fact, I have one to recommend, let me go home and dig out the info and I'll email it to you ya. I'm sure you'll have a great time playing with these tutorials enhancing the photos of you and Blackie!


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
oh ya, I remember...you have a blog, too, but I can no longer recall the URL. If you don't wish to post it here, could you PM me the URL? Would love to go "kacau-kacau" in your blog. :)

hahaha.....do you mean a dummer than dumb dummy's guide to photography skills? :)

Ok.... my new project, to go hunt for a good book that a dummer than dummy could understand. :)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 14
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Yes, that website. I visited it a few times last year, when I was a newbie here. Aww, too bad it's not updated. I thought it was a great site, with much more "meat" than my own blog, which is mainly drivel, and funny photos of cats or blackie. I really enjoyed reading it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Oh, you meant my personal website with travel pics? It's at http://www.chunhoh.com/ but it's pretty outdated already, too lazy to update them this few years... more recent ones are mostly uploaded in my Facebook account

Quote:
Haha... not those Dummy's and Idiot's guides lah I was referring to a Photoshop book actually... in fact, I have one to recommend, let me go home and dig out the info and I'll email it to you ya. I'm sure you'll have a great time playing with these tutorials enhancing the photos of you and Blackie!
hahaha.....where got photos of me??? It's all Blackie's photos only. I just love his 1001 expressions, even his pissed-off langsi expression. :)

ok, please remember to email me the title of the book. thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 12
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Blackie once you learned the "art", pls email me the simplified version.

:) I'd love enhance my own photos!
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Felis Wonder Gallery Coony Cat TV and Photos 739 12-28-2011 08:41 PM
SPCA Penang 2010 Photoshoot nivek Coffee Room 15 05-11-2009 07:17 PM
Catizzadi Photo Gallery Catizzadi Cat TV and Photos 42 12-31-2008 11:11 AM
PETSTER Magazine cikunit General Discussion 16 12-26-2008 07:59 PM
PetFinder.my featured on Petster Magazine AndyKoh Announcements, Notices and Contests 5 08-07-2008 05:39 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.