Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Animal Lover

coral32 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation kepping birds

Hi, can i ask what is the regulation about how many birds can a household keep as pets? i think my neighbor has more than 4, and the noise level is unacceptable, not to mention also the health risk involved. is there a certain limit where this person needs to have consent from neighbor??

also, where can i official report this case?

thanks for reading!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: kepping birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by coral32 View Post
Hi, can i ask what is the regulation about how many birds can a household keep as pets? i think my neighbor has more than 4, and the noise level is unacceptable, not to mention also the health risk involved. is there a certain limit where this person needs to have consent from neighbor??

also, where can i official report this case?

thanks for reading!
Hi, Coral32!

I suspect the answer to your question will depend both on what type of residence -- house, apartment, condo, etc. -- and where it's located. Different authorities, like DBKL, MPPJ, MPSJ, etc. may have different rules (if they have any rules regarding birds at all...) Tell us a bit more about your situation, if you don't mind, and then we can probably get better info for you. :-)
Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Animal Lover

Default Re: kepping birds

thank you for reply. i'm staying in Puchong and it's a double storey house. i cant say what type the birds are but for sure there are more than 4.

i hope that i am able file a concern to relevant authorities because it is just seem to much to accept.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Animal Lover

Default Re: keeping birds

Hoping to receive some positivd reply soon.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coral32 View Post
Hoping to receive some positivd reply soon.

Thanks!
Hi Coral32 --

As you live in a detached house, there is no condo association to deal with. I think your best option is to speak with someone at your municipal council -- either Sepang or Subang Jaya, depending on where in Puchong you live. The only other authority I can think of would be the Dept. of Veterinary Services (DVS). Good luck!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Animal Lover

wongmaunchin is on a distinguished road

Coral32,
You mentioned the birds are noisy at unacceptable level, right? Perhaps you can mention what color are the feathered bird, are their size bigger than burung cicit (the common birds found in every part of Malaysia, color brown, white and tiny black dots)? Exotic birds, extinction birds (to name a few that common households' likeness are the burung tiong emas, murai batu, white-ring eye, cockatoo, macaw, large parrots, black magpie including long-tailed corvids, black-capped lorries etc). These mentioned birds are mandatory licenced under Jabatan Perhilitan Negara every year. If they are just common doves, merbuks, parakeets, china love-birds they are not required so. And if the particular owners have had these valid licences, I don't think you are able to complain to relevant authorities (this is as far as I know of for the past 10-15 years). What's more you're living in detached house. Mutual understanding from neighbors is the only way resolving the problem, I guess. The common by-law is as long as these birds are well-maintained with ample food/drinks) with clean cage enclosure they are not categorized as being in abusive nature. And it's hard for any authority personnel to just come to inspect the birds' owner unless they are kept in very distress condition that expunge foul-stench smell that may spread germs. And you need to prove it with your own initiative by photography on the surroundings. The authorities will not entertain you by way of word-of-mouth without proof. In my opinion, your neighbor must be a bird-lover nature and must have spend substantial money for his/her birds welfare. My advice is be tolerant to your neighbor. I believe these birds didn't make noise at night or during wee-hour, right? And I guess you can't tolerate their noisy sound in early morning, perhaps about 6:30am onwards? Regards, wong maun chin