PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Coffee Room (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   VOTE EARTH Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start. (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2016)

dog is my buddy 03-26-2009 12:51 AM

VOTE EARTH Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start.

Hi,
Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start. .
2,712 cities, towns and municipalities in 83 countries have already committed to VOTE EARTH for Earth Hour 2009, as part of the worlds first global election between Earth and global warming. You can help rally support for Earth. Check out the different ways you can help to get the world to VOTE EARTH below. However, there are many other things you can do to make Earth Hour 2009 a success.

http://i83.servimg.com/u/f83/12/13/48/74/voteea10.jpg

shareen_natasha 03-26-2009 01:39 AM

Re: VOTE EARTH Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start.

I'm in.....already daftar tru web...{good}

vivi 03-28-2009 04:05 PM

Need to daftar meh?
I just know need to switch off lights from 8.30 to 9.30pm.
i support this meaningful campaign.
Hope not 3 minute hot lagi.

:)
{victory}{victory}{victory}
PLEASE SAVE OUR EARTH AS U SAVE THOSE POOR DOGGIES AND KITTIES. NO EARTH NO US.

cookie 03-28-2009 10:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
EARTH HOUR 28 March 2008 8.30-9.30pm

Turned off all electrical lights and lighted candles.
My kaypoh cats joined in too and burned their whiskers {cattongue}{catlaugh}
Can you spot Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk? {grin}

June 03-28-2009 11:21 PM

VOTE EARTH Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start.

Wah!! u really turn off all the lights?? If I do that,I'll knock everythin in the house and burn my house down as well. Very buta ler.

Can't see clearly the pictures.probably my bad eyes sight or the pics too small {shy} Very cute ler the cats all kaypoh2 with the candles. {grin}

vivi 03-28-2009 11:33 PM

hahah my family switch of all the lights except for living room.
and me muahahha i went out to have dinner and the club cafe din even safe a bulb light.
all buka terang terang.
Walao.
but i saw cafe like starbucks , coffee bean and some coffee shop support this event very much.

such good earthling.{shy}

firdaruddin 03-29-2009 12:03 AM

i tutup semua.....abis cerita....keluar pergi cari lemang..huhu

blackie007 03-29-2009 12:26 AM

hahaha, they sure look very, very kaypoh. i can't spot jack....i mean, the one i thought is jack does not have an empty right eye socket.

my mum slept early, before 8pm as she still isn't fully recovered yet. we went out for dinner at 8pm, turned off all the lights except for a night light for blackie. we just got home, so we've actually turned off our lights for 4 hours plus, hehe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 36581)
EARTH HOUR 28 March 2008 8.30-9.30pm

Turned off all electrical lights and lighted candles.
My kaypoh cats joined in too and burned their whiskers {cattongue}{catlaugh}
Can you spot Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk? {grin}

cookie 03-29-2009 12:27 AM

I am quite used to it. My house electricity trips when there's a thunderstorm.
Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 36584)
Wah!! u really turn off all the lights?? If I do that,I'll knock everythin in the house and burn my house down as well. Very buta ler.

Can't see clearly the pictures.probably my bad eyes sight or the pics too small {shy} Very cute ler the cats all kaypoh2 with the candles. {grin}

Maneki Neko 03-29-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivi (Post 36588)
such good earthling.{shy}

Here's the Earth Hour Report from Brickfields: The KL Tower went dark except for one small row of lights, probably the restaurant.

Moments later, the Petronas Towers disappeared -- like magic! -- one tier at a time, from the top down. Only a couple of blinking lights to alert planes.

DBKL disappeared from view, as did Maybank. On the other side of the river, the Istana vanished.

Masjid Negara stayed lit, but it was time for Isha prayers. Don't want the faithful bumping into things.

The big red "UMNO" sign atop their building stayed lit up. Again, don't want the faithful getting lost and wandering into the PKR headquarters...

And Sharp/AQUOS left their huge, lit-up sign flashing away. (Reminding me never to buy a Sharp/AQUOS product.)

The street lights remained on, of course, but it was strangely peaceful and felt just a little bit more natural, if anything in the middle of KL could feel natural. I had a couple of candles lit in my place, and by the end of the hour, my eyes had adjusted so that I could see quite well. Sedikit buta saja.

I wonder how much electricity got saved in KL, or in Malaysia, during that one hour... Anyway, Maneki and I loved it. {good}

Ezer 03-29-2009 08:18 AM

Nice report Maneki.... I guess KL have never seen as many stars as last nite then...

I switched off the lights, then went to Mid Valley, ie, the GYM... Can't seem to live without air conditioning..

a.lya 03-29-2009 11:15 AM

We turned off all the lights except for a few lamps. My little cousins were here. We don't want any accidents during Earth Hour. {ohmygod} But then it was quite disappointing because our house itself was pretty dark but all the streetlights and lights from the flat behind our house was so well-lit that it didn't really seem like any difference. :(

I was hoping to see stars clearly. {cry}{cry}

Neighbor kiri kanan je support. Tu pun rumah tkde org pindah masuk lagi. {shy}{shy}

kairul 03-29-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maneki Neko (Post 36636)

The big red "UMNO" sign atop their building stayed lit up. Again, don't want the faithful getting lost and wandering into the PKR headquarters...

Hehe.. This line of words keep me laughing... {shy}

Nway, my house was dark as there was no one in the house, except my maid who, of course, was sleeping as the boss wasn't there..hehe

And me, I observed earth hour by switching off the light in my mum's ward. Didn't switch off the air cond though or else we can't breath...hehe..{victory}

cookie 03-29-2009 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This picture is blur but shows the missing eye.
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 36592)
hahaha, they sure look very, very kaypoh. i can't spot jack....i mean, the one i thought is jack does not have an empty right eye socket.

blackie007 03-30-2009 11:05 PM

can't see jack's face or the one nearer the candle....i think i would have bumped into them if i were in your home on saturday. {shy}

speaking of bumping into cats, today i bumped into blackie and then stepped on his "toes". he always comes to greet me at the door when i come home, but after a few head-butts, he'll usually either lie down for a belly rub or walk off to his bed to continue his nap.

today, for some reason, he got under my foot as i was walking to the alarm panel to disarm the alarm. i tripped and as the alarm started its count-down to shrieking out loud (this will bring our security guards running up to my unit), i panicked and stepped on him as i tried to key in the PIN numbers. {ohmygod}

poor blackie. he just sat down with a loud plop on the floor and stared at me with a surprised look. {shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 36684)
This picture is blur but shows the missing eye.