PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   MSAVA (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Questions on Animal Health and Well Being (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1539)

Clement Anthony 12-18-2008 04:31 PM

Questions on Animal Health and Well Being

Please feel free to drop any questions to MSAVA. Thank you.

dog is my buddy 12-18-2008 04:48 PM

Re: Questions on Animal Health and Well Being

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clement Anthony (Post 24041)
Please feel free to drop any questions to MSAVA. Thank you.

Dr.C Anthony,Are you friend of R.Guna? I am waiting you for so long meet you here. Thanks for coming.

AndyKoh 12-18-2008 07:01 PM

Dr.Clement,

Thank you for participating in PetFinder and providing advice to our members.

I have made an official announcement below:
http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1540

We look forward to learning more from you and MSAVA.

abgraldo 12-19-2008 01:34 AM

Dear Dr. Clement.
Welcome and Great to have you on board. Really looking forward to have a really meaningful advises pertaining to our pets.{good}

Okay, let me be the first to ask you.

Cats sometimes do get conjunctivitis (if i spell it correctly). However it is easily treated with some normal eye ointment (chloramphenicol & terramycin), dispense by government animal clinics and normally heal within a week.
But, one of my cat, has been treated with the above for two weeks and later one week plus with a supposedly stronger version of ointment `fucithalmic' (after a suggestion by the govt Med. Asst that the above might be immune to the cat), and still has not recover. My worry now, the eye now has a bit of cataract look alike and always closed. Other than that, the cat still active and continue to have good appetite. What should i do now? Thanking you in advance.

Clement Anthony 12-21-2008 02:03 AM

Is R Guna the editor of Pet Inc? If it is him, yes I do know him.

Andy Koh, thank you for the warm welcome.

Pakcu, please refer the answer in my second thread.

illa79 12-24-2008 03:25 PM

Dear Dr Clement,

My 3 year old male red tabby cat has been developing black spots on his paws,nose and around his "lips" that look like "tahi lalat".I read on the internet that it is a normal occurence in red cats.What is your opinion on this?

Thank you very much.

vivi 12-24-2008 03:31 PM

HI Dr clement,
can i ask u,
i've adopted a dog 3 years ago. He's skin infection and smell are very strong and after 3 years he still have minor skin diseases and seems very dirty around the thigh and ketiak area. More like black black. Is it ok?

Clement Anthony 12-24-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illa79 (Post 25035)
Dear Dr Clement,

My 3 year old male red tabby cat has been developing black spots on his paws,nose and around his "lips" that look like "tahi lalat".I read on the internet that it is a normal occurence in red cats.What is your opinion on this?

Thank you very much.

Dear Illa79

When u mention fly droppings are we talking of size or thickness. It si quite common to see dirty spots on light colored cats as compared to others.

Do differentiate it from dirt spots as u have mentioned and also eggs of fleas or even fly's.

Best option get ur Vet to do a microscope examination - all settled.

Many Thanks

Clement Anthony 01-06-2009 06:26 PM

Dear Vivi

My sincere apologies for the delay. Happy New Year - Smelly dog causes are many it is difficult for me to say what needs to be done without a clear history. Give a history of the case along with medication prescribed. Thank You - Dr. Clement