PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Small Mammals - Furry & Cute (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flea treatment for rabbit where to get?Advantage maybe? (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=6321)

jennifer9504 12-25-2011 04:52 PM

Flea treatment for rabbit where to get?Advantage maybe?

Okay, i have cat inside and outside of my house. The cat inside my house is using Frontline but i read in here http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/groom.html that i can't use Frontline on rabbit so i was finding Advantage. Do anyone know where to buy?

OR

Do anyone know which vet got sell proper flea treatment for rabbit and price?

*although we got put frontline combo to my cat but still, outside our house got stray cats waiting in front the door for food. Berjangkit.

Rayquaza17 12-26-2011 12:51 AM

Re: Flea treatment for rabbit where to get?Advantage maybe?

Hi, you can ask around the petshops if they sell any. Or, you can ask your vet about it. How to treat your rabbits and etc.. You can also use the comb that specially made to comb the fleas out. It's doesn't help much but it will take out the fleas :)

blackright 12-26-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifer9504 (Post 98944)
Okay, i have cat inside and outside of my house. {cattongue} The cat inside my house is using Frontline but i read in here http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/groom.html that i can't use Frontline on rabbit so i was finding Advantage. Do anyone know where to buy? {mdumb}

OR

Do anyone know which vet got sell proper flea treatment for rabbit and price?

*although we got put frontline combo to my cat but still, outside our house got stray cats waiting in front the door for food. Berjangkit.{catlaugh}

Flea treatment for rabbit.. the one you should be looking for is ADVOCATE, not advantage.. will need to find out the weight of ur rabbit, and the formula of the concentration of advocate..
But question is, is it really flea or is it fur mites?

jennifer9504 12-26-2011 03:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackright (Post 98950)
Flea treatment for rabbit.. the one you should be looking for is ADVOCATE, not advantage.. will need to find out the weight of ur rabbit, and the formula of the concentration of advocate..
But question is, is it really flea or is it fur mites?

Do you see the website? From the internet:
Fleas and Mites
Safe treatments to prevent and kill fleas on rabbits include Advantage (imidocloprid), Program (lufenuron) and Revolution (selamectin). (Note: Advantage has been known, rarely, to irritate the skin of certain rabbits.) The latter is preferred, as it is also effective against various types of mites that cause symptoms of mange, ear canker, and "dandruff" (which is often caused by fur mites in the genus Cheyletiella). These products are available from your rabbit-savvy veterinarian. We use .4ml per rabbit of Advantage.

I just actually finding what the internet recommend. But if u say Advocate is okay to use on rabbit then can u let me know which shop selling? Is fleas or fur mites have different ways to treat?
Did I have mention i had cats? If not fur mites is for sure fleas. Advantage treat fleas and fur mites, i just scare hard to find in Malaysia.

Can u mention which vet too? or pet shop ? (places) And i don't know where to find rabbit-savvy vets. Recommend please? Near KL. If you use before ADVOCATE , can u mention the price also ? Thanks

jennifer9504 12-26-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayquaza17 (Post 98949)
Hi, you can ask around the petshops if they sell any. Or, you can ask your vet about it. How to treat your rabbits and etc.. You can also use the comb that specially made to comb the fleas out. It's doesn't help much but it will take out the fleas :)

Thanks, the comb is useful too but i scare i comb out then the fleas jump back. {scared}

Maneki Neko 12-27-2011 08:13 AM

Hi, Jennifer --

I use Advantage on my cats, and I've gotten it at the Brickfields Vet Clinic, and also at Home Pet Food & Care in Sri Petaling. I think most clinics and pet supply shops will have it.

I heard that Dr. Yeoh treats rabbits, but you should call the clinic to confirm this. ;-)

Yeoh Veterinary Clinic & Surgery
126, Jln SS 24/2, Tmn Megah, 47301 PJ, Selangor
Tel: 03-78048684
Fax: 03-78052350

Good luck! {good}

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifer9504 (Post 98965)

I just actually finding what the internet recommend. But if u say Advocate is okay to use on rabbit then can u let me know which shop selling? Is fleas or fur mites have different ways to treat?
Did I have mention i had cats? If not fur mites is for sure fleas. Advantage treat fleas and fur mites, i just scare hard to find in Malaysia.

Can u mention which vet too? or pet shop ? (places) And i don't know where to find rabbit-savvy vets. Recommend please? Near KL. If you use before ADVOCATE , can u mention the price also ? Thanks

Rayquaza17 12-28-2011 12:09 AM

Actually, I use before and yes, some may jump out and some may be stuck. Puchong Vet St Angel also do treat rabbit as I have seen them treating some.