PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Dogs & Puppies (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mini Schnauzer lost her appetite (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2752)

weetingtan 08-11-2009 03:05 PM

Mini Schnauzer lost her appetite

hi,

My heidi, 6 months ++ lost her appetite lately. She used to finish her meal in between 2 minutes but this few days, after little tasting of her food, she start to run away and I need to feed her piece by piece. Anyone out there know what wrongs with her?

Please advice.

dog is my buddy 08-11-2009 03:44 PM

Re: Mini Schnauzer lost her appetite

Is normal, Miniature Schnauzer always have this problem when they grow up, when came 7 month above, they try choosing the dog food, what you can do is keep same dog food, or change same brand dog food wih differ teste. like now you use lamb, you may change to fish. Dont take chicken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetingtan (Post 56932)
hi,

My heidi, 6 months ++ lost her appetite lately. She used to finish her meal in between 2 minutes but this few days, after little tasting of her food, she start to run away and I need to feed her piece by piece. Anyone out there know what wrongs with her?

Please advice.

weetingtan 08-13-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 56936)
Is normal, Miniature Schnauzer always have this problem when they grow up, when came 7 month above, they try choosing the dog food, what you can do is keep same dog food, or change same brand dog food wih differ teste. like now you use lamb, you may change to fish. Dont take chicken.

Can i know what is the reason not to select chicken as the food? I heard from my friend that PROTEIN may create skin problem to mini schnauzer. Is it true?

Thanks for the information :)

dog is my buddy 08-13-2009 02:43 PM

PROTEIN high is more for the activity level or have do dog sport. for the pet always staying at home, try no high PROTEIN dog food. since miniature schnauzer need vitamins and minerals for the dietary requirements of a Miniature Schnauzer, balance or amounts are not listed because each individual animal can have different requirements depending on: the sex of the animal.
skin problem no just from dog food, it is genetic. It came from poor quality breed.
why no chicken, because content high protein, easy fat. If want use chicken dog food, try reduce the volume of food.
nobody made dog food can create skin problem, dont heard those people said. the dog food factory going close down, if like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetingtan (Post 57134)
Can i know what is the reason not to select chicken as the food? I heard from my friend that PROTEIN may create skin problem to mini schnauzer. Is it true?

Thanks for the information :)

weetingtan 09-01-2009 12:46 PM

Hi,

After about 20 days posting this, my heidi did eat..little bit. If i were to feed her, she will eat. If not she wont. SIgh..how? I had gave her some cooked chicken, sweet potato and carrot. Now, she is not as active as before. Since she is about 7 months, can she probably cause by heat? I can smell some blood smell from her but i do not see any stain.

please advice..

dog is my buddy 09-02-2009 06:48 PM

when puppy around 6 month above, they going choosing food. You need to keep as normal feed her. When dinner time, she dont want eat in 5 min, you just take out the food. Tomorrow feed it again. This type dog can no eat for 4 day, they try drink many water and later vomit out to show you. You wont get cheat and pity to her. She will eat the food, when no choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetingtan (Post 58776)
Hi,

After about 20 days posting this, my heidi did eat..little bit. If i were to feed her, she will eat. If not she wont. SIgh..how? I had gave her some cooked chicken, sweet potato and carrot. Now, she is not as active as before. Since she is about 7 months, can she probably cause by heat? I can smell some blood smell from her but i do not see any stain.

please advice..

zuty51 09-06-2009 01:40 AM

Thanks for senior member's advice...my mini schnauzer facing the same problem{happy}