PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Please save puppies at Jalan Selangor (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1771)

Joyce 02-10-2009 03:13 PM

Please save puppies at Jalan Selangor

Dear People,

I passed by this untenanted corner house at Jalan Selangor and saw 6 to 7 stray puppies, about 1 month old, together with their mother roaming in the house.. I believe they have taken shelter there.. The puppies look really cute, and I am afraid they will be caught and maybe even abused/killed by the dog catchers.

The location is at: No. 8, Jalan Selangor, 46000 PJ (a corner house, right opposite Glutton Square)

Are there any rescuers or fosterers that can give a helping hand to these cute little puppies, or should I contact SPCA to rescue them?

lynielime 02-10-2009 03:52 PM

Re: Please save puppies at Jalan Selangor

hi joyce..
i think you might have to call paws or spca to pick them up.. 7 puppies plus their mother is a lot to handle and i can't think of anyone who can foster them all..

as much as i would love to help you, i can't take care of so many dogs in my house.. no space and no time.. what i can do though, is go with you and get them.. but we'll have to find someone else to foster them through adoption time.

Joyce 02-10-2009 04:14 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. I really feel so upset and helpless about this situation{ohmygod}...but with the encouragement and advice from people like you ...I will try my best to help these wonderful animals...

lynielime 02-10-2009 04:24 PM

its ok.. do you want me to go with you and get them? i have no qualms against climbing over gates and fences.. is the mother dog approachable or fearful of people?

in the meantime perhaps you can put some food and water through the fence..

if you want to call spca, the number is 03 4256 5312

jacinta.spca 02-10-2009 04:32 PM

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for this post, and thanks to Andy for alerting us about the plight of these pups.

I will forward the info here to our Animal Inspectors, who will contact you before surveying the situation and advising on the best action to be taken. My number is 012-288 1421, please text me with your number so I can pass it on to the Inspector ASAP.

The best thing for them would be for you to find fosterers to take them in, as bringing young animals to the shelter environment is not the best option as they are so susceptible to diseases. Perhaps some of the petfinder animal rescuers can take a few pups in each. Any idea how old they are?

Are you feeding the mum and pups? Are they free to go in and out of the compound?

Hope to hear from you soon, Joyce.

P/S HI LYNETTE! :)

lynielime 02-10-2009 04:36 PM

hi jacinta!!
haven't seen you in months (i mean in real life) {shy}

yay for puppies! hope the little tykes and their mama are rescued soon{good}

Joyce 02-10-2009 05:04 PM

Hi Jacinta,

I have just sent my mobile number to you. There is no fence around the house...just some bushes and trees. I think the puppies get fed from the stall owners in the glutton square. They all look healthy and wagging their tails trying to make friends. Just waiting for someone to take them home.

pugsnmutts 02-19-2009 05:18 PM

hi all, what's the status with the mother n pups? are they picked up by spca? any update?