PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Cats & Kittens (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Can cat change colour? (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=5342)

CT YEOH 02-08-2011 09:40 PM

Can cat change colour?

I pick a stray white cat. The vet told me she is ~3yrs. After the 3rd month, her fur turned brownish. All the strays I have, never change colour.

miaomiao 02-09-2011 09:10 AM

Re: Can cat change colour?

is she shedding hair more than before?

CT YEOH 02-09-2011 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The 1st month, when I stroked her, clumps of fur just dropped off. It could be due to her scavenging diet. Vet inspected her and said she had a lot of tartar. After the 3rd month, she had gain twice her size and weight and I can comb her with minimum fur attached to the comb.
BTW, do can you tell me the breed?

miaomiao 02-09-2011 07:54 PM

DSH i guess. a cute kucing kampung!

beef 03-22-2011 03:12 PM

yes, some cat will look totally different when fully grown
for example most new born siamese are all white, then slowly develop brow/red/grey color in certain area when grow older.

judging from the darker color on ears and face, my guess'd be your cat has some burmese or siamese blood. not entirely a kampung cat

{happy}

Marcelleve 03-22-2011 03:35 PM

I agree with beef... my Burmese, Ashanta, was light brown and only her tail was very dark but afterwards becomes grey as she reach to adulthood. I was informed that the head until to her body will be darker as her tail.
Tonkinese, Siamese and Burmese have the ability to change their color mostly than other breeds. Some breed of cats change their color points esp on their hind/paws/tail as they grow up.

Burmese in the other hand has very natural soft silky coat and shiner when it darkens.
I have clumps of furs dropping off but I used a simple lady's stocking to get rid of her old furs then finally, her comb to stimulate her skin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 94017)
yes, some cat will look totally different when fully grown
for example most new born siamese are all white, then slowly develop brow/red/grey color in certain area when grow older.

judging from the darker color on ears and face, my guess'd be your cat has some burmese or siamese blood. not entirely a kampung cat

{happy}

CT YEOH 03-23-2011 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
She doesn't look like normal DSH. She is stumpy and had funny looking bob tail. DSH or mix, they are all priceless to me.

Marcelleve 03-24-2011 03:23 AM

Hi CT Yeoh,

The body is not tube-like or slender/slim as Burmese and Siamese.
I think your cat is mixed with past generations including DLH/DMH.
She is a beauty. {kiss}

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT YEOH (Post 94089)
She doesn't look like normal DSH. She is stumpy and had funny looking bob tail. DSH or mix, they are all priceless to me.

Maneki Neko 03-24-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT YEOH (Post 94089)
DSH or mix, they are all priceless to me.

{good}{good}{good}{good}

CT YEOH 03-25-2011 10:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
She was very slim and slender when we first took her in. From that day, she has being constantly eating. She double her size & weight within 3 months. Maybe because during her stray days, she never know when her next meal will be.

Maneki Neko 03-26-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT YEOH (Post 94156)
She was very slim and slender when we first took her in. From that day, she has being constantly eating. She double her size & weight within 3 months. Maybe because during her stray days, she never know when her next meal will be.

So her colour is not the only thing that has changed -- her health has improved, and she now looks VERY happy and confident. What a lovely cat! Bless you for adopting her and taking her off the streets. {good}

CT YEOH 03-26-2011 05:23 PM

Thanks for the compliments. She is number 15. No.17 was last week. A very badly injured 5 months kitten let to die a slow and painful dead.