PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Health, Disease & Diet (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rage Against The Ticks & Fleas (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=6929)

shaikhazraai 11-13-2012 12:47 AM

Rage Against The Ticks & Fleas

Okey, I need some help here. I've shampooed my kitten with Anicide. That didn't work. I had to smush the little critters with my nails. Going through her fur like a flippant madman.

Then someone suggested me to use Frontline. Some sort of a spray. And I'm supposed to spray it on her neck and back part. Apparently when the liquid seeps into her skin, and when the fleas bite her, the fleas will die. BUT NOTHING HAPPENED! I saw one crawling away.

How do win this battle? {angry}

Meffy 11-13-2012 09:43 AM

Re: Rage Against The Ticks & Fleas

Hey Shaik,

You're not alone on this. I endured this nightmare for 4 months O__O Don't mean to scare you on this but those buggers are hard to kill once they get comfortable around your house or in your kitty's fur.

Frontline didn't work for me. Try getting Advantage. It's a few RM cheaper but works better than Frontline. They come in a small tubes. It's about RM12-15 each or RM47-RM50 per box of 4 (depending on the shop). What you do is you squeeze the entire content onto the back of your kitty's neck, where kitty can't reach of it tried to lick. Leave it there.

In the next 24 hours, the fleas will get dizzy and die. The chemical will spread on your kitty's fur and skin so any contact will cause the fleas to die. This will last for a month. You can also use a flea comb to remove all the dead fleas from kitty's fur.

Meanwhile, I suggest you clean your house. If your kitty's been on your furniture and beds, wash the sheets immediately and vacuum all your carpets/floors/rugs. Fleas love places like that and they will lay eggs all over your house! That's why you need to vacuum and mop your floors with bleach/dettol.

I know this sounds extreme but this is the only way you can break the flea's life cycle and stop them from their continuous breeding. If necessary, use a 2nd dose of Advantage one month later for maintenance.

Good luck {wink}

shaikhazraai 11-13-2012 06:46 PM

Thanks Meffy! Very detailed and thorough explanation!

Bard186 11-20-2012 02:20 PM

Hi Shaik!

If advantage and frontline doesn't work, try stronger one like Advocate and Revolution
My Bella fur-mite seems resistant to both frontline and advantage so I use Advocate. But it's kinda pricey.. but works wonder.
For monthly bath I use Tea tree shampoo for all my cats.. It works just fine to get rid of tick and fleas infestation...
But please be caution when you use Revolution.. the chemical in it is strong and some cats develop reaction and get side effect such as rashes on the spot of its application and others..
Try tea tree shampoo.. I get it around RM30-RM35 per bottle at petshop and vet..
It is better to fight the battle from outside which is bathing them than put chemical inside their body..
Good Luck!

ilhamology 04-03-2013 01:35 PM

Guys, any suggestion on what product I should used for my pregnant cat?

hanissyazwan 06-13-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilhamology (Post 102167)
Guys, any suggestion on what product I should used for my pregnant cat?

hiii./// the only way u can do if u got mite problem is...
u shave your fur cat fur fur and make it short.
then u bath your cat by using sulphur syampoo....

{wink}{wink}

ilhamology 06-16-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanissyazwan (Post 102443)
hiii./// the only way u can do if u got mite problem is...
u shave your fur cat fur fur and make it short.
then u bath your cat by using sulphur syampoo....

{wink}{wink}

Shave? Like lion shave?

sulphur shampoo? any suggestion on the brand?
Thanks for the suggestion :)

graceccy87 07-29-2013 11:02 AM

I use sulphur shampoo on my cats before. It mostly for fungus infection. Not ticks & fleas.