PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Health, Disease & Diet (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My kitten doesn't like fish (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=6644)

Kynthia 06-04-2012 10:50 PM

My kitten doesn't like fish

My kitten doesn't like fish or any food that has fish in it. She will just take a sniff and walk away. It is normal?

Maneki Neko 06-05-2012 07:16 AM

Re: My kitten doesn't like fish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynthia (Post 100281)
My kitten doesn't like fish or any food that has fish in it. She will just take a sniff and walk away. It is normal?

It's normal for cats to have food preferences, yes. My cats won't touch chicken -- home-cooked, commercially canned, roasted from the hawker stall. If it had feathers and clucked, they won't touch it. My vet tells me that they know what types of foods they need, and we should respect that. (Ok, great, but my life would be a lot easier and less costly if they could manage to eat some chicken stew...{arrogant}) Never mind. I just don't serve chicken.

What's the old saying? Dogs have companions, but cats have staff? {shy}

Kynthia 06-05-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maneki Neko (Post 100282)
What's the old saying? Dogs have companions, but cats have staff? {shy}

{good}{good}{good}

Kynthia 06-05-2012 08:38 AM

Hi Maneki, would you by any chance know for how long my cat will have diarrhea after she has been dewormed? The vet dewormed my kitten on Sat and she is still having diarrhea!

Maneki Neko 06-05-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynthia (Post 100284)
Hi Maneki, would you by any chance know for how long my cat will have diarrhea after she has been dewormed? The vet dewormed my kitten on Sat and she is still having diarrhea!

I seem to remember that my last rescue kitten had diarrhea for a week or so after de-worming. Is yours still eating and active? If so, I'd give it another day or so before giving the clinic a friendly call just to ask. :-)

BTW, is the tuxedo kitty in your profile photo Lola? She is SO. CUTE! {muacks}

Kynthia 06-05-2012 01:54 PM

Yes, that's Lola. She was totally knocked out by her stomach meds the last time. That was how I managed to get that pix.

She is still eating -- although not much appetite now... But drinking lots of water as usual.

Meffy 06-11-2012 07:52 PM

My cat doesn't like fishy food either. If there's too much fish in the food, she won't finish her food. She prefers chicken.

However, she seems to like fried fish {arrogant}

@Maneki Neko : Haha...I feel like a kitty servant already

Isyarina Ishak 07-05-2012 10:59 PM

Hi, I have 10 cats and they have they own appetite,some like raw fish ,some likes raw chicken and even raw beef but no doubt my bengal eat everything. :) cats do have their own favorites ,don't worry ! your beloved cats absolutely normal {kiss}