PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Vets & Docs Reviews (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Recommended Vet for Ligation (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=8089)

cheryl.j 12-25-2014 01:10 PM

Recommended Vet for Ligation
 
Dear all,

I'm new here.
Would like to get a recommendation of a vet which is caring n good in ligation for doggy.
It will be good if any vet that nearby mahkota cheras & balakong.
Thanks in advanced ya!!!

Maneki Neko 12-27-2014 12:06 PM

Re: Recommended Vet for Ligation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryl.j (Post 103913)
Dear all,

I'm new here.
Would like to get a recommendation of a vet which is caring n good in ligation for doggy.
It will be good if any vet that nearby mahkota cheras & balakong.
Thanks in advanced ya!!!

Dear Cheryl,

Welcome to Petfinder.my!

I wonder, could you clarify what you mean by 'ligation', please? Do you mean tubal ligation, as opposed to the more standard removal of ovaries and uterus during spaying? Or something else altogether?

cheryl.j 12-27-2014 04:21 PM

Re: Recommended Vet for Ligation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maneki Neko (Post 103915)
Dear Cheryl,

Welcome to Petfinder.my!

I wonder, could you clarify what you mean by 'ligation', please? Do you mean tubal ligation, as opposed to the more standard removal of ovaries and uterus during spaying? Or something else altogether?

I'm so sorry to make it confused. Ya which I meant tubal ligation.... Any idea of it? Thank you!

cheryl.j 12-27-2014 04:22 PM

Re: Recommended Vet for Ligation
 
I'm so sorry to make it confused. Ya... Which I meant is tubal ligation... Thank you!

Maneki Neko 12-27-2014 05:03 PM

Re: Recommended Vet for Ligation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryl.j (Post 103917)
I'm so sorry to make it confused. Ya... Which I meant is tubal ligation... Thank you!

Hi again, Cheryl --

I don't know of any vets in the Klang Valley who will do tubal ligation, and the ones I've spoken to have discouraged it for these reasons:

The standard spay procedure, a fully ovario-hysterectomy, removes both uterus and ovaries (as you probably know), vs. a tubal ligation, which simply fuses the fallopian tubes while leaving the organs in place. Tubal ligation leaves the animal still very vulnerable to various cancers of her reproductive organs, and since she will still be producing all the sexual hormones, your dog will continue to have heat cycles, thus attracting unwanted attention from intact males, etc.

This is what I've heard from vets. Perhaps other Petfinder members will reply with other information or first-hand experience. At any rate, thank you for not allowing your dog to reproduce and add to the over-population problem, regardless of the method! {good}


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.