PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Hall of Shame (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Voiceless Dog -Wood Shoved Down Throat, Leg & Neck Tied Tight 2 Pole (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4160)

melmel 03-18-2010 12:44 PM

Voiceless Dog -Wood Shoved Down Throat, Leg & Neck Tied Tight 2 Pole

2 Attachment(s)
Malaysiakini :

I am writing because of a grievous incident that took place on Monday, March 15 at about 3pm at Kepong Central KTM Station. My friends and I (six of us) were there to take the train to the Bank Negara station.

After parking our cars, we heard a dog howling, more like a painful cry. Then, we noticed a dog being tied to the grill (steel fence) of the KTM station. As we approached the dog, we stood aghast at the sight.

The stray dog's leg and neck was tied very tightly to the grill and a piece of wood had been shoved down inside its throat! The dog was bleeding and its feces were all around it. The string was attached to a pole in the KTM station.

Immediately, we confronted the KTM workers. They said that it was done by Kuala Lumpur City Hall workers because a minister was to be visiting the station next week. They failed to explain further.

At once, we called the SPCA and the Paws animal welfare society. The SPCA responded efficiently by informing us that an animal control officer would be there soon. We made a slight commotion in front of the KTM station but the KTM workers were not concerned at all.

After about an hour, as we were returning to the KTM Kepong Central Station, we received a call from the SPCA officer stating that the dog was now not tied up and was moving around. When we arrived, the dog was limping. The same KTM workers avoided us as we tried to confront them. A passer-by told us that the dog has been that way for quite some time.

The SPCA officer could not capture the dog as it walked away for quite a distance. He advised us to write to the media and to the SPCA as well.

Doenn't our country's animal rights support the idea that an animal has the right to live its life without being harmed and hurt by humans? We realize that people define the meaning of animal rights and abuse in different ways but aren't the citizens of our country merciful? This dog could have been just put to sleep if it had been harming the public or causing a nuisance. Why stick a wooden stick down its throat?

angelicdevil 03-18-2010 11:39 PM

Re: Voiceless Dog -Wood Shoved Down Throat, Leg & Neck Tied Tight 2 Pole

so sorry for da dog..
cant look at da pics long enough..its just inhumane...
but just a tot, i dun think DBKL staff "rajin" enough to chase+catch+tied da dog like dat..
coz we got our Vector Dept., da 1 specialize for capturing stray dogs.
n they just a call away..(any DBKL staff can get da fon no easily,-seriously)
i suggest u question da KTM staff betul2... coz i think dia just petik nama DBKL je.. coz yeaaah.., we're da easy+acceptable explaination any1 can take, rite...?
plus, IS THERE REALLY DBKL staff working at da station??
coz im a DBKL staff, n i never heard of any staff stationed there..really.. {oh}

melmel 03-19-2010 12:07 PM

d above article was quote from M'siakini - udr letter section. since u r a DBKL staff, perhaps u can check wi Chandrakahn if u hapen 2 c him. Anyway, I'll b sending stray cat & dog 2 Klinik Kembiri in DBKL 4 neutering tmrw, I'll clarify wi him . tx

MDDB Notice Board :

What's going on.........

Just when we thought we can take a short break from advocacy and update our supporters about our rescue work - this crops up. We are shocked and appalled that human beings can actually resort to such cruelty. The letter says the six young people were told that the dog had been tied-up like that for quite a while - didn't it kick the conscience of the people who had passed by? Our rescuer friend Miza Nordin says she will go an look for the dog this evening as it definetely needs medical attention. The stick has also been identified as the pole used by council dog catchers. So, there must be truth that the dog was tied in that position by DBKL workers. We called KTM and its public relations officer Fazil said he too was shocked with the pictures. He has asked for emails to be directed to him and said he would redirect them all to the KTMB president. So people, its back to pushing for justice again.

KTMB - write to:

fazil@ktmb.com.my
Fazil - 03- 22631106

DEWAN BANDARAYA

DATUK BANDAR KUALA LUMPUR
Y. Bhg. Datuk Seri Ahmad Fuad Bin Ismail
Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-2617 9070
datukbandar@dbkl.gov.my

En. Mohamad Salleh bin Abdullah
Pegawai Khas I Datuk Bandar
Tel: 603-2617 9075

En. Md Aznan bin Md. Zain
Pegawai Khas II Datuk Bandar
Tel: 603-2617 9066

DBKL's man in charge of dog catching

Dr. Zainol Ariffin bin Pawanchee
603-2027 5301

Aduan DBKL:

03-2617 9925
03-2617 9936
dbkl@dbkl.gov.my

Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Ministry (Under which DBKL falls)

Minister
YB. Dato' Raja Nong Chik
bin Dato' Raja Zainal Abidin
rnc@kwp.gov.my
03-88897878

Roslima bt. Muhammad
Pembantu Khas Menteri
roslima@@kwp.gov.my

Zainor binti Mohd Nor
Pembantu Tadbir (Kesetiausahaan) Menteri
zainor@kwp.gov.my

Shazril Fariza bin Faridam
Setiausaha Sulit Kanan
shazril@kwp.gov.my

Deputy Minister

YB. Datuk M. Saravanan
Timbalan Menteri Wilayah Persekutuan
Dan Kesejahteraan Bandar
03-88897998
saravanan@kwp.gov.my

Suria Kumar a/l Subramaniam
Setiausaha Sulit Kanan Timbalan Menteri
03-88897997
sooria@kwp.gov.my

Deputy Minister in charge of public complaints at the Prime Minister's Department

Datuk T. Murugiah
murugiah@pmo.gov.my

PUBLIC COMPLAINTS BUREAU - PRIME MINISTER'S DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA - You can make online complaints
http://www.pcb.gov.my/
http://apps1.pcb.gov.my/eApps/bpaiad....do?aplCode=en

angelicdevil 03-19-2010 04:15 PM

Dr. Zainol Ariffin bin Pawanchee is da Director of Health Dept. of DBKL.

other persons' contact in case u need 'em:

Bahagian Kawalan Vektor
Dr. Ahmad Zaidi b Zainal Abidin (Health Officer)
Harun b Arshad
Sekretariat Kawalan - Mohd Rahim b Omar, Mohd Jaafar b Hassan
03-20275381
03-20275300 (main line)

Bahagian Pusat Kurungan Haiwan - Jalan Air Panas, Setapak
Chandrakant Patel
03-40254963

melmel 03-20-2010 02:12 PM

Terima kasih Cik Angelic Devil .

Today I brought 2 stray cats to Klinik Kembiri DBKL for neutering, Chandrakant was off.

Action by MDDB :
Our rescuer friend Miza Nordin says she will go an look for the dog this evening as it definetely needs medical attention.

Action by DVS :
We have arraged for the inspection at the said site in fact yesterday by our Kuala Lumpur DVS Enforcement Team.

We could not locate the said dog after we made some enquiries from the surrouding people. We believed the said dog is a stray dog and had been released by the public.

As we hv not been able to establish any thing in the said location, we therefore conclude this case as NFA (No Further Action) unless new evidence can be surfaced or received by the DVS. In future, you are advised to contact the nearest DVS Enforcement office as soon as possible to report any incident of cruelty to animals for effective enforcement action (we need evidence to act against the culprit).

Once again thank you, your concern for the welfare of animals is greatly appreciated by DVS.

Mr Soh
DVS

Action by PETA :
Hello and thank you for reporting this horrific incident to PETA. Are you able to try to locate this poor dog? If somebody can contain him, we are happy to pay to get him some medical care immediately

Stephanie
PETA

Adila 03-20-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melmel (Post 78039)
Malaysiakini :

I am writing because of a grievous incident that took place on Monday, March 15 at about 3pm at Kepong Central KTM Station. My friends and I (six of us) were there to take the train to the Bank Negara station.

After parking our cars, we heard a dog howling, more like a painful cry. Then, we noticed a dog being tied to the grill (steel fence) of the KTM station. As we approached the dog, we stood aghast at the sight.

The stray dog's leg and neck was tied very tightly to the grill and a piece of wood had been shoved down inside its throat! The dog was bleeding and its feces were all around it. The string was attached to a pole in the KTM station.

Immediately, we confronted the KTM workers. They said that it was done by Kuala Lumpur City Hall workers because a minister was to be visiting the station next week. They failed to explain further.

At once, we called the SPCA and the Paws animal welfare society. The SPCA responded efficiently by informing us that an animal control officer would be there soon. We made a slight commotion in front of the KTM station but the KTM workers were not concerned at all.

After about an hour, as we were returning to the KTM Kepong Central Station, we received a call from the SPCA officer stating that the dog was now not tied up and was moving around. When we arrived, the dog was limping. The same KTM workers avoided us as we tried to confront them. A passer-by told us that the dog has been that way for quite some time.

The SPCA officer could not capture the dog as it walked away for quite a distance. He advised us to write to the media and to the SPCA as well.

Doenn't our country's animal rights support the idea that an animal has the right to live its life without being harmed and hurt by humans? We realize that people define the meaning of animal rights and abuse in different ways but aren't the citizens of our country merciful? This dog could have been just put to sleep if it had been harming the public or causing a nuisance. Why stick a wooden stick down its throat?

God! That's so horrible! I want to praise you & your friends efforts to help the poor dog {victory} But honestly I can't help much as I have no experience in handling this kind of case. However I can offer to help you and others to find the dog. Hope the dog is okay or at least safe.

mrsdolittle 03-20-2010 10:26 PM

Hello dear friends!

Its been a while since i last visited PF.

Let me give all a brief statement on this issue... we (SPCA) had visited and investigated this case.... it is still on going.

We had actually interviewed a few people of KTM at location. Through my experience with DBKL, such things had been done by DOG HATERS but not dog catchers. We were told by the people (KTM staff) that the dog had been chasing and biting the public... SO THEY SAID! My reply was simple, "there must be a reason or reasons why the poor dog chase and bite... TO DEFEND ITSELF... FROM BAD HUMAN OR HE / SHE IS IN FEAR...

DBKL p.i.c. has been very cooperative about this case and running their own investigation as well. Lets not jump to conclusion at the moment until the real culprit is being caught. WHY DOES A DOG CATCHER NEED TO TIE UP THE HEAD AND THE LEGS OF THE POOR DOG AND LEFT IT THERE FOR A FEW DAYS? THEN SHOVE A STICK INTO ITS MOUTH... IS IT NOT OBVIOUS THAT IT IS A JOB OF A DOG HATER?!

Those people were defensive, and talk with "HATE" in their voices. It is obvious they (the KTM) were defensive... why be defensive if they are right? Hmmm...

Our staff went a couple of time to the location, and once saw the poor soul limping and running away... the KTM staff said it has been caught last 16.03.2010, but we check with DBKL, there was no dog catching operation within the area at all for the whole week... it was not in their record nor the contractor's. There was no such dog in DBKL's pound. It may now hiding away and found a new place for safety, or in doggy heaven.

So, lets all pray for justice... pray for the real sinner to be caught! Lets work together people! We need to put our heads together.

Meanwhile, lets send positive & good vibes to the poor dog (if its still alive) & for the sinner (s) to be found.

p/s: BTW there's a lot of strays at KEPONG CENTRAL station... help them if we can before another tragedy happen... we need everyone's help.

blackie007 03-21-2010 12:23 AM

sis, what are the things that need to be done to help the stray dogs there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdolittle (Post 78148)
p/s: BTW there's a lot of strays at KEPONG CENTRAL station... help them if we can before another tragedy happen... we need everyone's help.

melmel 03-21-2010 12:41 PM

MDDB Notice Board :

STATEMENT FROM KTMB
20 Mac 2010

to : malaysiandogsdeservebetter@gmail.com

KTM BERHAD’S RESPONSE ON MALAYSIAKINI’S ARTICLE ON THE CAPTURE AND TORTURE OF STRAY DOG AT KTM KOMUTER KEPONG SENTRAL STATION

The complaint letter by M.Nisha (Ghastly animal abuse at Kepong KTM Station) in Malaysiakini dated 17 March 2010 is referred. KTM Berhad undoubtedly agrees that animal cruelty is not an acceptable behavior by any sane individual. It is uncivilized and intolerable by any religion and race in the world.

As reported, KTM Berhad has confirmed that the incident took place at KTM Komuter Kepong Sentral Station.

For your information, KTM Berhad, represented by a group of its senior officers, had conducted an investigation and went to see the staff at the said station to get more information as well as to visit the location of the incident. Essentially, the unpleasant incident had nothing to do with Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) or any of its employees. The name of the organisation was quoted indirectly when our counter clerk, who was not really aware of the incident, was asked about the situation. The clerk answered on impulse when he said that the dog was ‘perhaps’ captured and strapped by the officers from DBKL.

Even though his remarks was said by mistake, we are sorry for that he should have had investigated the situation before providing any statement. KTM Berhad is deeply sorry for the situation and would like to apologise to DBKL. It was not our intention to smear the image of DBKL with the incident. We hope DBKL is willing to accept our sincere apology.

With regards to the incident on 15 March 2010, the stray dog was captured by the staff of KTM Berhad with the help from our janitors who work at the station. For your information, the dog has been roaming the station for almost two years, and during that period, KTM Berhad had lodged more than three reports to Majlis Perbandaran Selayang (MPS) via telephone, with the final report made one day before the dog was captured, which was on 14 March 2010.

The necessity to catch the dog was made due to its troubling behavior whereby it had attacked and bitten our passengers at the parking area as well as in front of the KTM Komuter Kepong Sentral Station ticketing counter. However, the attacks and bites did not inflict any serious injuries so far. The last attack was reported on the evening after it was released which involved one Vietnamese passenger. Aside from that, we also found its feces around the platform area and during rainy seasons, the dog posed an inconvenience for the Muslim passengers especially, as its wet fur might touch them.

The decision to capture the dog was made due to the operation requirement, not because of the minister visit as per quoted by our staff. The dog was caught at round 12.00 noon and released at 1.30 pm. According to the staff we investigated, the piece of wood which was claimed shoved into his throat was not true. They did tie the dog to the fence. However, they did not shove the wood into its throat with the intention to torture or inflict injury to the animal. The wood, which was seen in its mouth, was the bait used when they were trying to catch it and the dog kept biting on the end of it. The staff tried to remove it from its jaw but it clamped the wood shut, we only managed to remove it after the second try.

The dog was released because we did not receive any confirmation from MPS to collect the animal. As reported, the dog was still straying around the area after it had been released.

I hope the general public should also appreciate the effort taken by the KTMB staff to address this recurring nuisance towards our KTM Commuter passengers whose patronage and peace has been disturbed by this stray dog.(Dear All, KTMB requests the public to appreciate their act & say TQ to them) Whilst, we do recognize the method, in this instance, was questionable, it was done purely for the sake and comfort of our passengers. There was no intent of being cruel or to torture the stray dog. Our priority is for the safety and well-being of our passengers.

We will make sure that there will be no similar incident to take place. We have identified more efficient alternatives in handling stray dogs/wild animals, which is by contacting the SPCA and the local authorities to solve the problem at other stations as well.

We do not condone animal cruelty, what more to be a part of the brutality. However, I think the public should also evaluate the original intention it was meant to and not to quickly jump to condemn the method use without understanding the sequence of events. I am sure, all of us, when bitten by a mosquito, will hit it instantly without much thought. Is that considered as cruelty to insects? I know for a fact that, some time ago, when the crows [gagak] cause serious unhealthy situation in Klang, a campaign was mounted to shoot down the crows in a big way when their presence became intolerable. Is there some other way of doing it?

We truly hope that the explanation given is clear and we hope that the incident does not reflect the organisation in general.

Thank you.

Dr Aminuddin Adnan
aminuddin@ktmb.com.my
President
KTMB

mrsdolittle 03-21-2010 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=melmel;78154]MDDB Notice Board :

For your information, KTM Berhad, represented by a group of its senior officers, had conducted an investigation and went to see the staff at the said station to get more information as well as to visit the location of the incident. Essentially, the unpleasant incident had nothing to do with Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) or any of its employees. The name of the organisation was quoted indirectly when our counter clerk, who was not really aware of the incident, was asked about the situation. The clerk answered on impulse when he said that the dog was ‘perhaps’ captured and strapped by the officers from DBKL.

my statement: VERY UNPROFESSIONAL & SILLY

With regards to the incident on 15 March 2010, the stray dog was captured by the staff of KTM Berhad with the help from our janitors who work at the station.

My comment: looks like they are the culprit

The necessity to catch the dog was made due to its troubling behavior whereby it had attacked and bitten our passengers at the parking area as well as in front of the KTM Komuter Kepong Sentral Station ticketing counter. However, the attacks and bites did not inflict any serious injuries so far. The last attack was reported on the evening after it was released which involved one Vietnamese passenger.

My comment:It was afraid of the Vietnamese who happens to EAT DOGS! IT WAS PROTECTING ITSELF FROM BEING ATTACK OR EATEN... cause & reaction! Full stop!

The decision to capture the dog was made due to the operation requirement, not because of the minister visit as per quoted by our staff. The dog was caught at round 12.00 noon and released at 1.30 pm. According to the staff we investigated, the piece of wood which was claimed shoved into his throat was not true. They did tie the dog to the fence.

My comment: why tied the legs too?! IS THAT AN EXCUSE? BAIT? U CAN TIED THE LEGS, BUT CAN'T PULL THE STICK?! BULL S***!

However, they did not shove the wood into its throat with the intention to torture or inflict injury to the animal. The wood, which was seen in its mouth, was the bait used when they were trying to catch it and the dog kept biting on the end of it. The staff tried to remove it from its jaw but it clamped the wood shut, we only managed to remove it after the second try.

The dog was released because we did not receive any confirmation from MPS to collect the animal. As reported, the dog was still straying around the area after it had been released.

[COLOR="red"]I hope the general public should also appreciate the effort taken by the KTMB staff to address this recurring nuisance towards our KTM Commuter passengers whose patronage and peace has been disturbed by this stray dog[COLOR="Blue"][I].(Dear

mY COMMENT: APPRECIATE CRUELTY?

I am sure, all of us, when bitten by a mosquito, will hit it instantly without much thought. Is that considered as cruelty to insects? I know for a fact that, some time ago, when the crows [gagak] cause serious unhealthy situation in Klang, a campaign was mounted to shoot down the crows in a big way when their presence became intolerable. Is there some other way of doing it?

MY COMMENT: STATEMENT OF A LOSER... SHALL WE COME UP WITH PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO INSECTS OR EVERY OTHER CREATURES? HOW ABOUT STOP RIPPING THE MOTHER EARTH, REPLANT THE TREES, LEAVE THE RIVERS ALONE, STOP UNNECESSARY DEVELOPMENT & NEUTER THE HUMAN, SO THIS WORLD WONT BE OVERPOPULATED, ENOUGH FOOD FOR EVERYONE AND NO MORE DESTROYING...

We truly hope that the explanation given is clear and we hope that the incident does not reflect the organisation in general.

MY COMMENT: ITS A BIT TOO LATE, may be... can you guys go and apologize to the dogs too?

melmel 03-21-2010 02:15 PM

Ya lah, ET's mummuy, m so sad @ d way tey treated d poor dog

angelicdevil 03-21-2010 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=melmel;78154]Essentially, the unpleasant incident had nothing to do with Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) or any of its employees. The name of the organisation was quoted indirectly when our counter clerk, who was not really aware of the incident, was asked about the situation. The clerk answered on impulse when he said that the dog was ‘perhaps’ captured and strapped by the officers from DBKL.
see..told ya..{arrogant} thnx for da clarification.. but still NO THNX for wut u did to da dog...still didnt explain why tied da legs too...n da stick??geezzz...moron..{nah}

a suggestion to da rescuer team,
mybe u guys can put spca's posters anywhere n everywhere u can around da station..
coz obviously their staffs need education on cruelty on animals..
also to let them bear in mind dat SUMBODY, A LOT OF BODIES, CARE! {good}

melmel 03-22-2010 02:21 PM

Thk Adila,
u may visit d blog appended below& read d readers' comments inclding Muslim :

http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.blogspot.com/

mrsdolittle 03-23-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melmel (Post 78157)
Ya lah, ET's mummuy, m so sad @ d way tey treated d poor dog

Just like one of my new PF friend said, "they are sick people"...

Your friend,
ET's & 24 other children mummy {muacks}

mrsdolittle 03-23-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 78151)
sis, what are the things that need to be done to help the stray dogs there?

Get together with the rest of animal rescuer / individual, place food away from the human. They can smell from far... there is a lot of Vietnamese over there who happens to kill most of the dogs for consume. You don't want me to tell you how they did it! {sick} But I've once saw and stopped them, but too late for the poor dog, he was dead; head smashed opened...{scared}

Arghhh!

TNR: TRAP, NEUTER & REHOME not RELEASED

Traps can be borrow from MUNICIPALS... tell me if you need it.

Possible?

melmel 03-23-2010 01:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Malaysiakini :
Mar 2010

Of doggone stick-y savagery

I refer to the letter Ghastly animal abuse at Kepong KTM station.

Man, I can assure you, is a nasty creature. He demands, he deceives, he destroys. And since the beginning of civilisation, he's been propagating this veni, vidi, vici behaviour ubiquitously. In the latest episode of the 'Malaysia, Truly Beastly' series, this brutish barbarism has yet again been exposed extravagantly.

The above letter revealed a shackled dog with a mouthful of stick! Yes! A stick! To my surprise, I wasn't surprised. With the butchery of babies, the crushing of civil rights and legislation on lexicon, it seems almost natural to fetter a dog to a fence and feed it some timber.

Also not blood-curdling shocking is the complete and absolute show of apathy by those who bared witness to this gruesome scene. Save for the benevolent individuals who made the frantic report, a howling and hemorrhaging living being seemed to not bother the vast commuting commuters that day.

It was after all just a dog. A fang-filled, diseased-ridden, faeces-producing, oxygen-stealing dog. Its eventual death would be a mere kitchen matter to these folk.

So what has become of this country, one might ask. Are its people as heartless as this incident suggests? Or are we as Allah-fearing as we piously proclaim? All religions, mind you, preach custodianship of the world we inhabit; a world that includes animals.

But it is shamefully clear that while we human beings are religiously taken up with heavenly fooleries, we continually treat our animals like hell. We doggedly refuse to concern ourselves with something as pedestrian as the welfare of the animals in our 'custody'.

We would much rather train them for our sadistic amusement; slaughter them for our gastronomical indulgence and subject them to torture for our 'security'. Hence, as is with most animal cruelty cases in this country, the chorus of outrage will begin, torrential tears will be wept and animal activism will be re-awakened.

And with a modicum of luck, these Malaysian mindset-manufactured monsters will get a verbal walloping. But justice will not be served for this poor dog. One must be delusional to believe otherwise.

The circumstances surrounding the stick-shoving, shackling and subsequent release of the dog still elude me. But what has become damningly apparent is that Malaysia needs a fresh soul.

by Shenaaz - a Muslim

blackie007 03-23-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdolittle (Post 78212)
Get together with the rest of animal rescuer / individual, place food away from the human.

This is possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdolittle (Post 78212)
TNR: TRAP, NEUTER & REHOME not RELEASED

Traps can be borrow from MUNICIPALS... tell me if you need it.

Let me get back to you on this.

mrsdolittle 03-23-2010 06:18 PM

KTM DOG FOUND IN MPS POUND... TAKEN OUT AND IN THE HANDS OF MDDB FOR TREATMENT / REHOMING...

WELL DONE SPCA & MDDB...

FURTHER INFO & PHOTOS .... A LITTLE LATER!!!

{doghappy}{dogsmile}{doglaugh}{dogwink}{doglove}

melmel 03-24-2010 09:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
MDDB Notice Board :

HE HAS BEEN FOUND

The dog which was tortured by the KTMB staff has been found. Thanks to the sharp eyes of SPCA's Murugan who spotted the dog at the Selayang Pound. We sent our friend to the pound and she waited for Selayang councillor Gunaraj George to gain entry.

SPCA was also there but was not allowed in by Evil Ernie. It took a good scolding by Gunaraj who also called her boss Dr Dr. Razif Zainol Abidin - 012-2252240, razif@mps.gov.my to tell him off! We think that they were feeding the dogs and getting the place clean before letting these people in.
So has anything changed at the Selayang pound? We think not other than the fact that four workers have been transferred out but the biggest culprit Evil Ernie is still there.

By right its this woman who has both shamed and humiliated the Selayang Municipal Council that should have been transferred. Coming back to the dog, the SPCA, which came there to collect a mother dog and three puppies, agreed that MDDB take the KTMB dog as we are looking into initiating legal action against KTMB.

Apparently, the dog catchers who had gone to the train station to capture the dog told Gunaraj they had been called umpteen times after Nisha's letter in Malaysiakini had created a ruckus. The dog had not wandered very far from the station, probably due to injuries and fear, when the Selayang catchers found it.

Therefore the KTMB people were lying through their teeth when they said the dog had wandered off. They had tried to get rid of the evidence by harassing the Selayang people to come and get the dog as soon as Nisha's letter was out.

We are now looking at initiating legal action against KTMB and have individuals who have come forward to be named as plaintiffs. We also have some young lawyers who have offered to initiate the legal action for free. We think we would also simultaneously initiate legal action against the Selayang pound for cruelty. Those who want to be a part of this please contact us as soon as possible.

P/S So Mr SOH of DVS, we have the evidence now - will you take any action against the culprits?

Pix :

a) Gunaraj screaming his head off to Razif over the phone to be allowed in
b) Being transported to secret destination
c) After being removed from the pound
d) The hungry and thirsty dog at MDDB's hideout

Read more: http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.bl...#ixzz0j3H4jU88

angelicdevil 03-24-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdolittle (Post 78229)
KTM DOG FOUND IN MPS POUND...

hmmphhh..after campur tangan media, baru nak take action??? {nah}

Felix The Cat 03-24-2010 02:47 PM

Melmel.....and to all those who have helped in locating the poor dog as well as in your endeavors to help all Malaysian Dogs .... KUDOS to all of you for your determination, courage and kind heart to save all the abused and battered dogs. {good}

Shame on the dog abusers! If you don't like dogs just let it be.. no need to torture it! {nah}

melmel 03-24-2010 03:25 PM

Felix, Angelic,
He was very tamed sitting in my car, his pvt part was bleeding, blood dripping on my car sofa, I don't mind, as long as he 's safe . He knew HE IS SAFE ! HE KNEW V R RESCUING HIM FROM HELL !

Felix The Cat 03-24-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melmel (Post 78270)
Felix, Angelic,
He was very tamed sitting in my car, his pvt part was bleeding, blood dripping on my car sofa, I don't mind, as long as he 's safe . He knew HE IS SAFE ! HE KNEW V R RESCUING HIM FROM HELL !

I can imagine as he knew an angel in disguise was saving him. Animals have instinct and they know who are their friends and saviours and who are not {good}

I look forward and pray for his speedy recovery! If there is anything you need us to do... donate food or ANYTHING... please do let us know.... Every little things count and you can count on me helping!

angelicdevil 03-24-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melmel (Post 78270)
Felix, Angelic,

his pvt part bleeding?? oh goshh...cant imagine da pain his been suffering since da day been tortured till now... soooooo poor him..
may god give u strenght to keep doin all da gud deeds u've been doin..
n may da poor dog be better soon.. <3

azris 03-24-2010 05:49 PM

how is the dog doing now? kudos to melmel and those who have taken great efforts in saving the life of this poor innocent creature...keep up the good work guys...

i can never imagine the suffering he had to go through in the hands of these barbarians... why do they have to batter and torture a deprived animal who obviously deserves a better treatment?i hope that a legal action will be taken upon them and may this poor dog have a speedy recovery....

melmel 03-25-2010 10:31 AM

Azris,
Million thks 4 ur concern @ KTM dog, he's doing fine.

Thks 2 SPCA & MDDB. It's their effort in rescuing KTM dog

a) DVS replied tat tey wld consider 2 take action.

b) Prime Minister office YB Senator Tuan Murugiah feedback tat KTM President assured PM office tat tey won't repeat this cruelty act on any dog in future!

c) Thks to PETA on their concern on tis cruelty case

melmel 03-25-2010 03:57 PM

25th March 2010

Prime Minister Office
Bangunan Perdana Putra
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
62505 Putrajaya
Malaysia

Attn : a) Yang Mulia (YM)Tengku Adnin Tengku Adnan,
b) Yang Berhormat (YB) Senator Tuan Murugiah,

RE : Dog - Wood Shoved Down Throat, Leg & Neck Tied Tight To Pole by KTM Station Staff, Malaysia
YB & YM replies on the above matter are noted with thanks.

We appreciate YB & YM quick response in handling the complain regarding the above mentioned cruelty. Please note that after the unpleasant incident was highlighted in Malaysiakini, KTM President Dr Aminuddin Adnan has made a statement which is truly disgusting (as per attached below). In his statement, he has confirmed that the cruelty was took place at KTM Komuter Kepong Sentral Station. However, he defended that he has helped the public in eliminating a nuisance (herein referred to the abused dog) . Worse still, he urged the public to appreciate his staff's cruelty act.

Kindly take note that he is not a nobody, but a respectable high ranking officer ! His statement not only discredits him, but also shows that he is a heartless human. Instead of conducting an investigation on the animal cruelty case and punished his staff who is at fault, he chosed to pledge his support on inhumane act in order to cover them.

For YB & YM information, after the wide explosure of this extreme cruelty case in the major press, animal blog, animal forum, as well as world wide web, many readers, bloggers including Muslim condemn his staff's cruelty act on the poor dog. (please refer to the below appended acticle in Malaysiakini by a Muslim). Moreover, it has drawn the attention of international animal welfare group - PETA. Dr Aminuddin Adnan should ashame of his unprofessional manner in dealing with public complain. It is inevitably that his department staff has committed a criminal under Section 43 of The Animal Act 1953 (revised 2006).

Lastly, we would like to reiterate that if his staff has gone against the law, the punishment has to be upon them. In this case, we are sorry to reiterate that Dr Aminuddin Adnan management skill and leadership are questionable.

Thank you

Yours faithfully
Justice for 1Malaysia

cc : All Animal Welfare Group
Yang Bahagia Dato. Abd Aziz- Director General of DVS

melmel 03-26-2010 09:33 AM

Dear All,
Pls speak out 4 d abused KTM dog, sign d petition below :

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/str...ng-ktm-station

melmel 03-28-2010 02:38 PM

Reply from DVS :

Chief Enforcement Officer in Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (HQ in Putrajaya had given instruction to her to handle the case )

mrsdolittle 04-01-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelicdevil (Post 78265)
hmmphhh..after campur tangan media, baru nak take action??? {nah}

Better late then never... pernah dengar kan... nasib kami visited the pound earlier & managed to take photos & our staff identified the dog... or else, everyone will be searching high & low for the poor soul. KAN! {nah}

Well, kami hanya membantu mereka yang perlukan bantuan dan mahu bekerjasama... dan KAMI ADALAH SAKSI KES & SEDIA MEMBERI KETERANGAN. Ada pula manusia yang pandai complain, dah tu mintak statement & diminta jadi saksi, tak mau kerjasama pulak {sick}... macam mana nak dapat justice for the dog... Infact our staff went on the day the case was reported... but the poor soul was released by the KTM staff, sebab dah masuk media lah tu! {ohmygod}

Biasalah, its easier to complain that giving a solution...

Check out the links below:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9820096&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9820096&ref=mf

Anyone out there would like to help the rest of the animals in the pound, please do by all means, not only the ones which came out in the media need our help but, they are everywhere, even in front of your eyes i.e. strays, neighbors, friends, etc.. {victory}

angelicdevil 04-01-2010 02:07 PM

mrsdoolittle: yes.. hmm..fenomena biasa di Malaysia n being a human kn..
apa2 pun, so glad u guys manage to find him back..
n i've signed da online petition..{victory}

Maneki Neko 04-04-2010 03:56 PM

It sounds to me like KTM needs to take a good, hard look at its management and personnel. Or some higher authority needs to do it for them.

This horrible story was all over the news, alongside another one about a KTM employee who yelled abuse at a disabled passenger before kicking the man's wheelchair.

Either the company is hiring ill-behaved employees, or the working conditions are so bad that the employees feel the need to take out their frustrations on those who can't defend themselves. Either way, KTM looks like a company with big problems.

(And don't even get me started on the train service... {ohmygod})

melmel 04-05-2010 03:13 PM

10 Attachment(s)
MDDB Notice Board :

UPDATE ON KTM DOG

Dear people,

sorry for the delay in updates. Have been busy taking care of some puppies down with distemper and parvo. Anyway, the KTM dog, that we have named KTM, is doing well and getting over his fear of people. He has a hearty appetite and this is a good sign. We have are also currently working on what we plan to do next in order to seek justice for KTM. We will keep everyone updated. Meanwhile, here are some pictures.

BTW Mr Soh of the DVS called and said that they want to take action but we would have to surrender the dog to them. What do you all think? Should we surrender vthe dog to DVS to allow them to see of they can take action or should we pursue the matter on our own? Feedback please. (feedback on d comment column of MDDB blog) :

http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.blogspot.com/

Forrester 04-05-2010 03:44 PM

Well, speaking with the interest of KTM in mind, I would advise NOT surrendering the poor dog to DVM unless you have 200% guarantee that KTM will be put in an environment and with a caregiver as loving and secure as that which he is currently enjoying in order to recuperate and recover from that recent Hell-ordeal.

After all, KTM is a dog, with feelings of emotions with the capacity to feel love, happiness, joy as well as suffer feelings of pain, fear and terror and be deeply traumatised and scarred by these ordeals, just like any human being.

He is certainly not some piece of wood, furniture or train wagon that can be tossed here and there and not feel or be affected negatively by it all.

Where is he going to live in a government department? And who is committed to go in regularly several times a day to provide him with nutritious food and affection, taking him for happy walks and giving him the warm and loving hugs there?

Or is he simply going to be treated as a court exhibit? Why, I really think you guys can (and should) continue to keep him and take good care of him, and then take him to court on dates of hearing, can that not be done? KTM will be a much happier dog and no one can then argue that they chained him up because he was one mean, ferocious and dangerous dog at the train station and deserved all that rough action rendered on him the other day. Why, if you hand KTM over to DVM and they neglect him there, he might well turn up in court a picture full of fear, aggression and confusion later, and really look like a nasty, bad and mad dog, frothing in the mouth, through no fault of his!

After all, humans get to continue to live comfortably at home, unless you are the guilty party that needs to be confined in prison, right? For some humans, they only take away your passports so you cannot flee the country and you can still live in your homes and go to court on dates of the hearings, right?

melmel 04-05-2010 03:48 PM

Thk Forrester,
Cld u pls click MDDB blog & post ur comment ?

melmel 05-04-2010 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Malaysian Insider
Apr 2010

Canine group to sue KTMB over stick-in-a-dog

Tying up a stray dog with a stick shoved down in throat could see national rail operator Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) in a court house soon.

Canine welfare group, Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB), is pursuing legal action against KTMB for allegedly torturing the dog, ironically named KTM for the place where it was found.

“We’ll file a civil suit,” MDDB coordinator M. Mala told The Malaysian Insider. “Once we file, it’ll be a precedent.”

The KTM dog incident first garnered public attention through a complaint letter titled “Ghastly animal abuse at Kepong KTM Station,” written by M. Nisha to Malaysiakini on March 17 this year, where the writer explained how she and a group of commuters had found the dog in a tortured condition two days earlier.

KTMB had issued a statement in response, admitting that their staff had caught the stray dog and tied it to a fence. However, KTMB denied intentionally shoving a piece of wood down the dog’s throat, stating that the dog bit on the wood and refused to let go of it after KTMB staff tried to use the wood as bait.

KTMB further explained that the reason they caught the stray dog was because it had bitten passengers before, though none resulted in serious injuries. But concerned commuters alerted the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) which immediately went to the station but failed to find the dog as it had been released. However, the SPCA team managed to locate the brown patchy dog at the Selayang dog pound about a week later, upon which they handed it to MDDB.

KTM is seen here tied up and with a piece of wood stuck in its mouth.
“Our lawyers are looking at how members of the public can be plaintiffs,” said Mala. Currently, the lawyers are in the process of drafting an affidavit. The civil suit is expected to be filed in a couple of months, Mala added.

“We have animal activists coming up offering to be plaintiffs,” she said. When asked on the amount of damages MDDB is seeking from KTMB, Mala said that they are not seeking for damages. “We don’t want their money,” said Mala point-blank.

Instead, Mala said that they want KTMB to contribute to any animal welfare group, though not necessarily MDDB. In terms of contribution, KTMB could contribute to things like infrastructure, she added.

MDDB is a canine welfare initiative spearheaded by the NGO Community Development and Integration Initiative (CDII). They have rescued and placed hundreds of puppies in homes since 2008, according to Mala.

The dog, KTM, is now residing at a veterinary services clinic, she said, and the MDDB is currently looking to adopt him or foster him. Reactions from other animal groups towards the alleged KTM dog abuse have been varied.

“We have all the laws. Unfortunately, authorities don’t use it,” SPCA chairman Christine Chin told The Malaysian Insider. Malaysian laws on animal cruelty are considered weak compared to similar laws in other countries. Section 44 of the Animal Act 1953 (2006 Amendment) punishes animal cruelty offenders with a RM200 fine or six months imprisonment.

In contrast, Singapore imposes a RM23,000 fine or one year imprisonment. Hong Kong animal cruelty offenders are fined RM90,400 or three years imprisonment. Thailand’s fines for animal cruelty range from RM100 to RM10,000.

Although animal lovers had petitioned the government in 2007 to increase the fine from RM200 to RM10,000, and to increase the jail term from six months to two years after the horrific abuse of a German Shepherd named Sheena came to light, nothing was changed. “Where there is no enforcement, abuse continues,” Chin said.

KTM is examined after it was handed over to MDDB. — Pictures courtesy of MDDB

melmel 05-04-2010 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MDDB Notice Board :

Good bye & RIP, KTM Abused Dog

When it rains, it pours. KTM, the dog abused by the KTM workers, died in his sleep yesterday. He was very frail but had a hearty appetite. It was only on his last day that he showed some respiratory problems and it is believed he was infected with distemper. We think he must have been infected in the ten days he spent at the Selayang pound given that almost all the puppies rescued there by Animalcare tested distemper positive. Many had died from the time of rescue.

There was someone called Leong who wanted to see KTM and claimed she had been feeding him for the last two to three years at the station. Leong also told us that the KTM workers often tormented and abused the poor dog. When we told her to wait for a while until he stopped being so panicky, Leong had said KTM may die soon because he had been very frail. We are sorry Leong, for telling you to wait - because you were right - he was indeed frail and died before you could see him. But we are still not able to understand why someone who cared so much for him allowed him to be continuously abused by the KTM workers.

The only comfort we have now is knowing that KTM was given love and attention for the period he spent under the care of our fosterer - who ensured that he was fed with his favourite chicken everyday. What has happened to KTM will only push us to pursue our civil suit against KTM, the Selayang Municipal council and also the Klang Municipal Council. We had initially not planned to initiate legal action against the Klang Municipal Council but after learning that their dog catchers had to actually be taught to catch dogs - we were told we had grounds to sue.

melmel 05-06-2010 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Malay Mail
May 2010

Canine abuse: Animal rights group mulls suing KTMB and Selayang council

PETALING JAYA: The saga of a stray dog found chained on March 15 at the Kepong Sentral railway station with a length of wood stuffed into its mouth has ended sadly 46 days later with its death.

With the canine's death, animal rights body Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB) are now mulling legal action against KTM Bhd (KTMB) for allowing such an incident to happen at its premises. MDDB representative, M. Mala told The Paper That Cares the organisation would hold a meeting today with members and lawyers to discuss further action.

"We do not need KTMB's money. "The lawsuit does not mean we want monetary compensation. Our claims would include getting KTMB to adopt an animal shelter or to sponsor the 'trap, neuter, release' programme."

The canine's death is just another reason why justice should be sought against animal abuse. She said this was not the first such incident to have resulted in an animal's death.

The dog's plight was noticed by a commuter on March 15, who had then complained about the canine's maltreatment to KTMB staff and the Selayang Municipal Council (MPS).

KTMB president Dr Aminuddin Adnan confirmed the stray dog was captured by railway staff on March 14. The dog had apparently been roaming the Kepong station for almost two years and was a nuisance — attacking and biting passengers at both the station's parking area and ticketing counter.

KTMB had lodged several reports with the council on this stray dog. The canine was captured by KTMB staff a day after the last report was lodged with the council. But, upon receiving the commuter's complaint, the stray dog — now aptly dubbed "KTM" — was released and it had apparently, since, stayed away from the Kepong station.

Some time later, "KTM" was captured by the council and identified by Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Selangor members at the council's pound. The canine was bailed out and handed to MDDB for rehabilitation.

"The the council's pound was very unhygienic and dirty. Most of the puppies sent there became infected. We suspect "KTM" might also have been infected in the 10 days at the Selayang pound," said Mala.

"The dog's health condition was improving, despite being frail earlier. But, on his last day, he showed some respiratory problems and it was believed he was infected with distemper."

"KTM" was found to have died in his sleep at 8pm by a staff who had come to feed the canine. MDDB is also mulling suing the council as well for having failed to adhere to the guidelines provided by Department of Veterinary Services in managing its animal pound.

The council's public relations officer Mohamad Zin Masoad said it was up to MDDB to decide whether to sue the council. "As far as we know, we have been managing the pounds as stated in the guidelines."

Admitting the one-off incident where the pound was overcrowded, he said it happened due to the lack of staff to properly manage the area at that time.

"Do not judge us with that one-off incident. We have been working hard to ensure the improvement of the pound's condition and the well being of the animals there." Zin added the council was always open to discussion from any animal rights group for the betterment of the pound's condition.

KTMB declined to comment on MDDB's claims at Press time. SPCA Selangor assistant manager of public relations and marketing, Jacinta Johnson, expressed her sadness over the loss of "KTM", saying the death was terrible due to the circumstances he was in. "Such animal abuse isn't something new. But, what happened to "KTM" was simply terrible and unacceptable."

kuntum 05-06-2010 03:11 PM

RIP KTM {cry}{cry}

No more suffering for u...I hope the person(s) tortured u will be judged & punished...

All dogs go to heaven...

melmel 05-06-2010 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=kuntum;80413]RIP KTM {cry}{cry}

Yup, KTM - RIP. d founder of MDDB was so upset wen she called abt KTM demise