PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Cats & Kittens (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Spay my bella.. (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4191)

BeLLaRiN 04-02-2010 12:59 PM

Spay my bella..

i would to ask experience from peeps that have spay ur kitties..
- how was the operation done?
- how they do it? they shave da cat fur or what?
- when will the cat will fully recovered? Bella was 7month+
- do they have side effect?
- do we have to be there or just leave the cat?

i've read some of the stories about the doctors fault.(the cat died after spay)

i'm in penang, which clinic do u suggest me to send bella?
is Peng Aun Clinic ok?

Felix The Cat 04-02-2010 01:14 PM

Re: Spay my bella..

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeLLaRiN (Post 78606)

is Peng Aun Clinic ok?

Hi Bella,

First of all you before sending Bella for spaying you will need to ensure that Bella is 100% healthy and not suffering from any illness. Also, you will need to make sure that she is not fed at least 24 hours before surgery. The vet will shave her fur (belly area only). Make an incision and remove the ovaries and the stich her back up. The vet will advise you on the do's and dont's after the surgery. It is most advisable to cage Bella to ensure minimal movement to prevent the switches from opening up. Make sure the wound is clean and dry. Tips... if you want the wound to dry up faster put some gamat oil on it. There will be no side effect on the surgery infact benefits like your cat will not be prone to cancer, will grow more beautiful in terms of the fur etc. Try to do some research on the vet first before sending Bella there.

BeLLaRiN 04-02-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix The Cat (Post 78608)
Hi Bella,

First of all you before sending Bella for spaying you will need to ensure that Bella is 100% healthy and not suffering from any illness. Also, you will need to make sure that she is not fed at least 24 hours before surgery. The vet will shave her fur (belly area only). Make an incision and remove the ovaries and the switch her back up. The vet will advise you on the do's and dont's after the surgery. It is most advisable to cage Bella to ensure minimal movement to prevent the switches from opening up. Make sure the wound is clean and dry. Tips... if you want the wound to dry up faster put some gamat oil on it. There will be no side effect on the surgery infact benefits like your cat will not be prone to cancer, will grow more beautiful in terms of the fur etc.

thx for ur advice sis.. =)

nurkasih 04-03-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeLLaRiN (Post 78606)

is Peng Aun Clinic ok?

peng Aun would be good if you know what to ask, what to expect and what to realllly ask the vet and expensive also{shy} . I personally like the vet and there's another peng aun's vet that opens up her own other clinic..vet Angsana at farlim. My uncle said she was v friendly tho. As you all know, my cats are all intact , so I can't share any stories here. But Peng Aun surely would be my first choice ( minus the waiting line and money).

What I know= female cats would be advised to board in the clinic 7 days after surgery. It's RM2++ .

abelle 04-13-2010 09:16 PM

where to neuter my cats?

Hi,

I appreciate if you can share with me where to neuter my 7 months kittens in Penang safely.

I will take your suggestion with high consideration before choosing the vet.

I love the kittens so much and I hate if something goes wrong with them. Eventhough i know that it is a simple and low risk procedure. Still, I want to be extra careful.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks.

blackie007 04-20-2010 02:14 PM

Spaying is a routine procedure, but it is NOT a simple procedure. It is a MAJOR abdominal surgery, so it is important that the vet that performs a spaying procedure is a qualified vet, not a vet assistant, or a half-baked vet. And never ever take your pets to a pet shop (even if they claim to have vets) for a spaying procedure.

And don't worry, as long as your pets are in the hands of an experienced, qualified and trusted vet, your pets will recover from the procedure in no time.

A couple of links for you to understand the spaying procedure, and the Aftercare.

Spaying procedure ---- warning: graphic images, so if you are queasy, don't click on it.

Aftercare ----- caring for your cats after a spay procedure.

Joey'A 04-20-2010 03:42 PM

Errmm.. i'm not sure should i write in here or not~
but i got 1 question on neuter issues. My male cat is now 5 month and he is 4.2kg weight. Last visit to vet i did as my vet bout the neuter but my doc said i have to wait few more months coz my cat testicle is not FALL out yet? whats dat mean? is that mean he is not healthy? i'm confuse~

MidnightMaiden 04-20-2010 05:01 PM

Hi Joey, male kittens usually masa kecik the testicles tak besar lagi. That's probably what your vet meant but don't worry, it's completely normal. As your male cat grows bigger and starts to mature, his testicle pun akan membesar. At 5 months, I think he is at the right age for neutering.

Joey'A 04-20-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden (Post 79513)
Hi Joey, male kittens usually masa kecik the testicles tak besar lagi. That's probably what your vet meant but don't worry, it's completely normal. As your male cat grows bigger and starts to mature, his testicle pun akan membesar. At 5 months, I think he is at the right age for neutering.

I'm a little bit relief. But my cat was like huge~ He is now bigger than his mom.. so i worried about the spray issues that why i will go for neuter. Thanks Mid for answering :) is there anyway to control the spray while waiting his testicle "grown up"? He start humping my female kitten lately~

MidnightMaiden 04-20-2010 06:55 PM

Alamak, dah start spay & humping, bahaya tuh! Maybe you could try going to the vet again, maybe he is ready by now. (Usually by 5 months it should be okay) In any case, sounds like u better get it done asap because there's not much else u can do bc spraying & humping is a natural urge for unneutered males :( {sick}

Joey'A 04-20-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden (Post 79517)
Alamak, dah start spay & humping, bahaya tuh! Maybe you could try going to the vet again, maybe he is ready by now. (Usually by 5 months it should be okay) In any case, sounds like u better get it done asap because there's not much else u can do bc spraying & humping is a natural urge for unneutered males :( {sick}

Thanks mid!! I'll check with my vet this week..

fighting the urge!!