PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anonymous listings from other countries..... (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1070)

hourus 10-07-2008 12:44 AM

Anonymous listings from other countries.....

hi all,
i have noticed lately there is A LOT and i meant ALOT of listings for pet adoption from other countries as far as from cameroon {scared} what is happening? i meant even if we, malaysians, want to adopt those so-called 'pets for adoption', they are from other countries, how can posibbly they (the pets) be able to handle the stress of travelling for more than 10 hours (not to mention the cost of transporting.... {sick})?
this kind of listing (from other countries) has got to be stop, not to mention petfinder.MY, notice the MY which is primarily malaysia site.
i know it is good that petfinder is gaining international recognition and it is going to be hard to filter or block other users from other countries to list(no pun intended for other countries users), but it is just un-logical and not feasible at all, and is giving us, malaysian, the wrong impression that the pets is here for adoption.
perhaps the listing can be filter by countries??
anyways, this is my say, just want to share my opinion.

dog is my buddy 10-07-2008 01:26 AM

Re: Anonymous listings from other countries.....

Hourus,
Petfinder will take a look your opinion soon.

AndyKoh 10-07-2008 01:52 AM

Hourus, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We have already noticed it and have been working on a solution, which will take effect shortly.

Ferreted 10-07-2008 09:15 AM

agree! i got really angry the other day looking at the numbers of their postings.

i sent them below:
"ME SO SO SO INTRETSTED IN THIS PUPPY.. WE HERE IN MALAYSIA IS SO DANG DONG STOOPID. ITS FREE RIGHT? CAN SEND TO ME? via airmail or envelope lidat lidat can oledy.. me like dog..

i hate these scammers.. stop it already. find elsewhere will you, somewhere less educated and has less gray matters on their heads.. like.. your home.

to those who wants these pups. WAKE UP ALREADY!!"

its cluttering the ones that actually need adoption! what makes me even more furious is ppl who didnt recognize the pattern and ask them silly things like "why u dun wan them? they so Q" like DOH! i mean you gotta be arnd 12 y.o to be so BLUR.

blackie007 10-08-2008 12:38 PM

These listings could be SCAMS!!

To all PetFinder members:

These listings could be con job....my cousin and I were discussing these con jobs sometime last year. What happened was, a few members in the soap forum she joined (she hand makes soaps, candles, lotions, etc.) have innocently adopted those pets from Cameroon. Then, later, they got emails asking for contribution for air fare for those pets, which they gladly sent.

Later, another email came saying those pets were detained in airport, more money needed. They sent money again. Then, no more news....and their emails to the people involved were unanswered.

So, be careful, friends. Don't fall for the scams.

hourus 10-08-2008 04:17 PM

kudos, petfinder for your quick action, cheers to u all in petfinder to have filtered out the listings cause i can see that is no more anonymous listings, very much appreciate it {good} {good} two thumbs up!!!

Ferreted 10-14-2008 01:52 PM

hey.. they are back.. one kim smith from negeri sembilan, negeri sembilan have teacup yorkshire terrier puppies for "FREE" adoption. huff.. anger.. they just change where they are now.. i hope people will educate themselves to protect themselves..

jenjen 10-14-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferreted (Post 14087)
hey.. they are back.. one kim smith from negeri sembilan, negeri sembilan have teacup yorkshire terrier puppies for "FREE" adoption. huff.. anger.. they just change where they are now.. i hope people will educate themselves to protect themselves..

Really? I hv just sent him an email t express my interest in adopting the puppy. How do I know it is con? May I suggest that anyone interested to put their dog for adoption must publish a phone number or address so it is easier to trace. Or please blacklist those try to con......

AndyKoh 10-14-2008 03:07 PM

Enhancements are currently being implemented to further protect our members against these scammers.

The Rule of Thumb is not to make any upfront payments or deposits, before you personally check out the pet and ensure that it is genuine.

Also, if they claim to be in Malaysia but give you a foreign number to contact, it is also a clear indication that they are fraudulent.

blackie007 10-14-2008 03:17 PM

Friends,

If you are suspicious of the person who sent you the email, or the person who is snooping around, you can check where they are emailing from (which country/state) or, you can also check their ISP.

The URL for checking the origin of the email or ISP is: http://aruljohn.com/track.pl

June 10-14-2008 03:18 PM

Anonymous listings from other countries.....

Jen Jen,anyone asking for upfront money you must be very cautious already. You must get their full info first before you transfer the money.These day,thief are getting smarter and more high tech too. {good}

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenjen (Post 14103)
Really? I hv just sent him an email t express my interest in adopting the puppy. How do I know it is con? May I suggest that anyone interested to put their dog for adoption must publish a phone number or address so it is easier to trace. Or please blacklist those try to con......

ashleywong 10-14-2008 05:47 PM

i didn't know scammers are now moving into "animal trades" i thought they're still into stuff like lotteries, lucky draw, etc.

yes, all must be alert when confronted with something like this

if it sounds too good to be true, it's definitely too good to be true - false or fraudulent stuff!

hourus 10-14-2008 07:57 PM

{mcanny} vigilant people....VIGILANT.....as user and consumer, it is ur responsible to NOT simply trust those ad listed and know your role in this, be rational, be logical enough to know which is true and fake {moops} however advancement make by petfinder, "mr.scammy" will always find a way {mdumb} so in the end it is up to YOU {mbiggrin}