PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Rescuers & Fosterers (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stray dogs in Sunway Damansara (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=933)

Casualgal 09-15-2008 01:59 PM

Stray dogs in Sunway Damansara

Dear all,

I in Sunway Damansara, and if some of you are staying there, you would know that our area have a lot of stray dogs running around. Thank God, 95% of the residents in my area are chinese and mostly dog lovers, the dogs are leaving peacefully in my area. The tenants here will feed them all the time, that is why if you notice, all the stray dogs in our area are very healthy looking. The one thing that I am concern about is that they are all not spayed/neutered. If they keep on spreading little babies, things might get really ugly.

I am looking for enthusiasts and vets that could help spay/neuter these souls and stop their breeding, then I am sure my neighborhood will be pleased to have them roam around our area again as usual. I am not rich, I can't pay for anything much (maybe some to help out), but I can help in anyways possible.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to help this country STOP the breeding of stray dogs while keep the ones that we have now alive and spayed.

Thank you.

FurKids 09-15-2008 02:59 PM

Re: Stray dogs in Sunway Damansara

Someone mentioned that the SPCA has a programme called SNIP. Why don't you try to talk with them on how your group can participate in the programme to neuter all the animals at a much subsidised rate.

June 09-16-2008 06:07 PM

Stray dogs in Sunway Damansara

In my area (Tmn Shamelin Perkasa) used to have many strays.but all of sudden they dissapeared.My neighbour told me a group of vietnamese people catch all these strays for their meal.{angry}{angry}

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casualgal (Post 10254)
Dear all,

I in Sunway Damansara, and if some of you are staying there, you would know that our area have a lot of stray dogs running around. Thank God, 95% of the residents in my area are chinese and mostly dog lovers, the dogs are leaving peacefully in my area. The tenants here will feed them all the time, that is why if you notice, all the stray dogs in our area are very healthy looking. The one thing that I am concern about is that they are all not spayed/neutered. If they keep on spreading little babies, things might get really ugly.

I am looking for enthusiasts and vets that could help spay/neuter these souls and stop their breeding, then I am sure my neighborhood will be pleased to have them roam around our area again as usual. I am not rich, I can't pay for anything much (maybe some to help out), but I can help in anyways possible.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to help this country STOP the breeding of stray dogs while keep the ones that we have now alive and spayed.

Thank you.

lynielime 09-16-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FurKids (Post 10267)
Someone mentioned that the SPCA has a programme called SNIP. Why don't you try to talk with them on how your group can participate in the programme to neuter all the animals at a much subsidised rate.

Yes you're right there is a program called SNIP. would be great if one of you could call spca front office and speak to the staff vets and ask if they could help? The program is arranged with klinik kembiri. That is DBKL's spay/neuter clinic to control the animal population. Spca is involved with this. If that idea doesn't pan out perhaps can approach paws? Alternatively if you can arrange something with a private vet i'm sure you could get a discounted rate. I'm sure many people would be willing to contribute. I know i would.

Casualgal 09-17-2008 11:30 AM

Thanks! I will contact SPCA.

ChewChew1987 11-26-2008 12:43 AM

Hi, i live in Sunway Damansara too. I am not sure whether you know or not, one of the females, i named her Jenny (the yellow one) is spayed months ago. The only problem left is the other female, Jonny, who is the mother of these dogs. She has not been spayed.

I tried to catch Jonny but she is just toooo smart for her own good. Sigh, so far i have manage to take all her puppies to be put up for adoption. But you are right, if she keeps breeding, it will be a problem.

I am not sure whether the SPCA will help or not since i contacted them many times, and they reply to me that they lack of helpers. I welcome any help in catching Jonny and send her for spaying.

ChewChew1987 11-26-2008 12:56 AM

One problem with bringing the dog to Kembiri vet for spaying is that they cannot shelter the dog. I am not sure about now, but i asked them before.

They told me once the operation is over, i have to bring the dog back to some other vet or shelter since their shelter is always full. So when i caught Jenny (the yellow female) with the help of SPCA staffs, i put her to Healing Pets Damansara Jaya (near Atria).

The total cost is around RM 450. Although it is quite expensive, but i manage to gather some neighbours to sponsor abit here and there.

So Jenny is spayed and running around with her mother and brother, chasing monkeys and barking at unknown cars. I would love to adopt Jenny if i can but sadly my mom doesn't allow me to do so since i already have dogs of my own.

By counting the months, i think Jonny is going to go into heat soon. So if you really want to prevent any more births, please do so immeadiately. You can contact me if you need help.

acsyen 11-26-2008 10:03 AM

Y u never ask me? Hehe.. I can arrange some cheaper spayings for you and also board the dogs there for 1 or 2 days before we release them back. Have been doing this also for quite a few times. Do let me know ok.

ChewChew1987 11-27-2008 01:10 PM

The dog needs to be sheltered until she is completely heal of the operation scar or whatever leftover.

I think i will think out other plan to catch the stray and spay her. I need some good dog catcher or someone experience with it. SPCA has their own dog catcher but only one or two, and chasing stray needs lots of hands so they couldn't help. {sweat}

Casualgal 11-27-2008 01:43 PM

Thanks acsyen, I'll call you when I get the dog...or do you wanna do some chasing with me? Hehehe...

ChewChew1987...gosh you're young!... :P

Anyway, I don't mind helping...I'll PM you on my contact details.

I actually wanted to spay all the male dogs too. Acsyen, if I get SPCA to spay them for free, would you be able to house them for a few days?

acsyen 11-27-2008 02:20 PM

Catching feral dogs won't be easy. Either you gain the dog's trust by feeding it daily and wait for it get close to you or you can try to drug the fellow but base on personal experience it's quite a bad idea as most of the time it doesn't work. Most dogs are too scared and they will push themselves to stay awake or worst still if we can't manage to catch the dog and just leave it, it might fall asleep on the roadside and might get banged down. Maybe getting a few ppl to catch is a slightly better option but of cos you gotta get the dog cornered and risk being bitten and so on.

Anyway you choose just be careful. Anyway I doubt that SPCA does free spaying. You will still have to bear a small cost. And also the best is to board the dog at the vet's place. As they are strays and not vaccinated so I would not take the risk of them carrying any virus to my house. I do have some quite young dogs too. I hope you understand. I can arrange some cheaper spayings for you and I can help with the cost a little.

Casualgal 11-28-2008 04:19 PM

Thanks for the advise.

I'll call you when I am able to get a hold of it.

Ciao!

ChewChew1987 12-06-2008 11:28 PM

The MPPJ keep coming here trying to catch Jonny and her 2 pups, but alas the dogs are smarter then them since they manage to escape all the time. {cool}

I heard one of the strays, the grey male was caught by the MPPJ last week, but since someone in the neighbourbood wanted to keep him, the family went over to PAWS to bail him back here.

I want to put them to Furry Friends Farm and i don't mind sponsoring for them as long as they have a safe shelter and foods all the time. However, i need help in catching them. I think i can lure the yellow one into my house and trap her then send her there.

Then another problem will be...i do not know where Furry Friends Farm is. In fact, i also wondering if they can do the vaccine, deworm, etc for the strays instead of doing these here.

hourus 12-07-2008 03:29 AM

chewchew,
this is one of the excerpt from our petfinder member, lisalau (lisa, hope you dont mind i disclose this details to our other dear members):
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:55:10 +0800
To: lisa_lau@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Need your kind advice/help - abandoned young dog at my workplace

Hi Lisa,

RSC is helping to raise funds for Homeless dogs and those at the no-kill animal shelter Furry Friends Farm at Kundang, Selangor. Owner of Sid's Pub, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail has kindly agreed to sponsor the food and drinks at his pub so that each RM50 you spend to buy one ticket will go fully towards the purchase of one bag of 13kg dog food.

For the price of RM50, the ticket holder will get ONE drink free and free flow of snacks throughout the time of the event from 3:00 to 7:00 pm on December 13, 2008. Please go to www.remembersheena.blogspot.com to learn more about the event.

Hope you and your friends can buy some tickets to support this great cause.

Thank you!
Shoba Mano.
www.remembersheena.blogspot.com
The Remembering Sheena Campaign.
as u can c there is an event going on to sponsor FFF(Furry Friends Farm)'s cause, n i blieve u can try contact this shoba on the whereabouts of FFF (i personally never heard of Kundang though....)
hopefully this helps.......