PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Feedback & Suggestions (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   <Suggestion> Open a section that list out individual or organization animal shelter in each state (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2797)

gamblelee86 08-21-2009 01:51 PM

<Suggestion> Open a section that list out individual or organization animal shelter in each state

Besides SPCA and PAWS such animal organizations, I believe that there are still many nonprofit organization or individual that are running the animal shelters themselves.

Some of them even published by newspaper. However , most of the people still don't know the existing of them even though they are in their own state. As a result, I suggest that petfinder should set up a new section that list out most of these nonprofit organization or individual animal shelter in each state so that animal lovers know their existing . Also, it would be convenient to all these animal lovers who are intending to show their hand and become a volunteer.

dog is my buddy 08-21-2009 02:01 PM

Re: <Suggestion> Open a section that list out individual or organization animal shelter in each stat

gamblelee86, Thanks for your opinion, we will look into it. How we do the judgement about nonprofit organization or individual animal shelter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamblelee86 (Post 57946)
Besides SPCA and PAWS such animal organizations, I believe that there are still many nonprofit organization or individual that are running the animal shelters themselves.

Some of them even published by newspaper. However , most of the people still don't know the existing of them even though they are in their own state. As a result, I suggest that petfinder should set up a new section that list out most of these nonprofit organization or individual animal shelter in each state so that animal lovers know their existing . Also, it would be convenient to all these animal lovers who are intending to show their hand and become a volunteer.

gamblelee86 08-21-2009 04:02 PM

Re: <Suggestion> Open a section that list out individual or organization animal shelter in each stat

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 57948)
gamblelee86, Thanks for your opinion, we will look into it. How we do the judgement about nonprofit organization or individual animal shelter?

How to do a judgment is a big problem........ I think some standards should be set up in order to make judgment easily. I think petfinder buddy or animal lovers can be encouraged to provide some ideas about the standards

For my opinion, those which published on the newspapers before should be the priority target to do the judgment like HOPE in JB. Coz I dun think the newspaper will simply publish their news without any investigation. All these nonprofit organization or individual animal shelters work independently and most of them still unknown by animals lover and lack of funds. So it will be a good way if some animals lovers can become a volunteer , help them for pets adoption , donate some cage , dogs foods or medicine.