PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Tech Lounge (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Help!!!! IT help required!! (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2081)

blackie007 04-09-2009 05:22 PM

Help!!!! IT help required!!

Can someone help me, please? I have a recurring problem with my computer.

The screen blanks out a few times, to return back to normal, and then, with a sound of a click, shuts down, like as if I had turn off my computer but didn't turn off my screen.

I had to reboot my computer by turning off & on the power. The on/off button on the CPU doesn't work, so I think it froze up.

I noticed that this happens whenever I try to upload my photos onto picasaweb using the picasa software, version 3. This happened only lately.

I've checked for virus, malware, etc, on picasaweb, but the results are negative.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dog is my buddy 04-09-2009 05:28 PM

Re: Help!!!! IT help required!!

I have half ton of IT, I try help. Check the Ram isn’t memorial low, or hard disk space almost finish?

blackie007 04-09-2009 05:31 PM

err....how to check ram's memory low or not? hard disk space still ok, many gits still available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38906)
I have half ton of IT, I try help. Check the Ram isn’t memorial low, or hard disk space almost finish?

dog is my buddy 04-09-2009 05:48 PM

try this http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

monkee94 04-09-2009 05:57 PM

Are you using windows XP or Vista?

blackie007 04-09-2009 05:57 PM

thanks!! I'm reading it now.....have to read it slowly wor....sounds more like foreign language than english to me. {shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38912)

blackie007 04-09-2009 05:58 PM

windows XP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkee94 (Post 38914)
Are you using windows XP or Vista?

dog is my buddy 04-09-2009 06:02 PM

this a bit hard. dont use this. i find other more simple for you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38912)

blackie007 04-09-2009 06:12 PM

Yeah!! i nearly went out to buy a german-english dictionary!! {shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog is my buddy (Post 38917)
this a bit hard. dont use this. i find other more simple for you.

June 04-09-2009 08:32 PM

No need to buy.I have one from my college time. Greman Pocket Dictionary by Langenscheidt.{shy}{grin}{grin}

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 38921)
Yeah!! i nearly went out to buy a german-english dictionary!! {shy}{shy}

blackie007 04-09-2009 11:44 PM

hahahah...thank u, thank u. *flipping open june's dictionary*
eh, still tak paham la.....{shy}{shy}

errr......no one out there who can help me? please? pretty please? {cry2}

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 38931)
No need to buy.I have one from my college time. Greman Pocket Dictionary by Langenscheidt.{shy}{grin}{grin}

June 04-09-2009 11:48 PM

Tak paham?? calling Clement.mayday!! mayday!!

QUOTE=blackie007;38948]hahahah...thank u, thank u. *flipping open june's dictionary*

errr......no one out there who can help me? please? pretty please? {cry2}[/QUOTE]

cookie 04-09-2009 11:56 PM

Belum cukup masa. {catlaugh}{catlaugh}{catlaugh} Have to wait for after midnight, only then Clement can hear and wake up. Remember?
Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 38950)
Tak paham?? calling Clement.mayday!! mayday!!

QUOTE=blackie007;38948]hahahah...thank u, thank u. *flipping open june's dictionary*

errr......no one out there who can help me? please? pretty please? {cry2}

[/QUOTE]

blackie007 04-09-2009 11:59 PM

awww.....only clement here can help ah?? he'll be too busy after midnight lor, he has to work as a DJ in the club...{shy}{shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 38954)
Belum cukup masa. {catlaugh}{catlaugh}{catlaugh} Have to wait for after midnight, only then Clement can hear and wake up. Remember?

cookie 04-10-2009 12:04 AM

That time you are also there lah. Clement play the songs not singing. He can shout to you how to do it mah. {wink}{wink}
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie007 (Post 38957)
awww.....only clement here can help ah?? he'll be too busy after midnight lor, he has to work as a DJ in the club...{shy}{shy}

blackie007 04-10-2009 12:08 AM

oh ya ah....come, let's go to the midnite club....it should be opened already. {shy}

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 38958)
That time you are also there lah. Clement play the songs not singing. He can shout to you how to do it mah. {wink}{wink}

AndyKoh 04-10-2009 02:28 AM

Hmm.. sounds like a hardware problem to me if you can't even turn the power on/off... are you sure it only happens when you run the picasa software? What about during other times?

Since you mentioned that the screen blanks off, it could be related to your graphics card.. do you have any games installed in your computer, like The Sims? Try playing that and see if it kaputs your computer as well {wink}

euanna 04-10-2009 04:55 AM

To check the amount of RAM you have on your pc.. you can go to Start -> Run and type dxdiag

See how much RAM you have.

Does only the monitor black out..or the pc turned off too? (if the monitor is blacked out.. but you can see the CPU light working fine, it could be.. the monitor cable, the Graphic card or the monitor itself. Also check if the CPU is overheating.. (just try to put ur hand on the casing and feel how hot it is).

If the black out happened only when u're dealing with pictures / photo editing.. it could probably due to RAM / Virtual memory. Photo editing softwares usually are quite heavy and the computer will auto-reboot if the system cannot handle it. *scratch head*

If your talking about a laptop.. I rest my case.. I don't know zip about lappy. {shy}{shy}

P/S: Becareful when monitor blacks out but CPU runs like nothing happened (you can hear the CPU fans sound..).. I've had situation like this where... poof! the graphic card melted {sick}{sick}.. the cooling fan on the graphic card literally melted off {cry2}{cry2}

P/S #2: If you're not sure.. you can always get the pc for a simple check up..some computer shops does it..I think {good}{good}.. better be safe than melting {shy}{shy}

firdaruddin 04-10-2009 06:34 AM

kak blackie,

call me.if i'm free, i'll come over n take a look.

firdaruddin 04-10-2009 06:35 AM

kak blackie,

call me.if i'm free, i'll come over n take a look.