PetFinder.my

PetFinder.my (https://forums.petfinder.my/index.php)
-   Dogs & Puppies (https://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dog sitting (https://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1571)

edwardo77 12-26-2008 01:05 PM

Dog sitting

Hello,

I am looking for a dog sitter for my dog while I am away for a week in March. No need to walk him, just feed him. The person will be paid for his/her services. Please email me if you are interested.

Regards

BellXun 12-26-2008 02:22 PM

Re: Dog sitting

Hello,

When do you need dog sitting? and where do u live? maybe we can swap swap dog sit. u sit mine i sit urs. hehe.

I need dog sitting too. If anyone is free to dog sit my puppy for 4 days (28 29 30 31) of Jan (Just after CNY). As I need to go penang for business. My parents are so stuck-up that they wont feed my dog even if they are here with me. =.= hiah~

Bell

vivienlpl 12-26-2008 06:29 PM

better let the expert do the boarding and feeding for you...
its not easy to have any stranger to come and feed your dog..........
dogs are smart animal and they dont simple eat eventhough you pour their fav food...unless they recognize you..........

Bell, take your dog with you la......

business trip first class to penang :) that solve everything muahhahaha {shy}

Ferreted 12-26-2008 06:45 PM

on my way around kelana jaya giant i saw dog hotel for RM 9.90. hehehe i dont know ar if you put your dog there and come back skinny and smelly...

edwardo77 12-27-2008 10:23 AM

Hi there,
Great to see your interest in sitting my dog. And good to know you also stay in Puchong. I live in BK 5.
I will be around after CNY as I plan to take the week off at home. For me, I am willing to be of service to you and your dog.
Will you be available from March 1 - March 7?
You can reply to my email: edkts@yahoo.com so that we can discuss this further.

Regards.

edwardo77 12-27-2008 10:32 AM

Hi ,

My dog was from the streets near my home. He followed me home after some weeks of feeding him. Being an adult, he has some attitude which is too late too change. He won't allow me to chain him. So there is no option other than asking someone to come over. Yeah there are risks involved. Just have to be really selective and careful.

He will eat nearly anything given by anyone. Many other people were were feeding him scrap food when he was homeless.

mrsdolittle 12-27-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardo77 (Post 25364)
Hi ,

My dog was from the streets near my home. He followed me home after some weeks of feeding him. Being an adult, he has some attitude which is too late too change. He won't allow me to chain him. So there is no option other than asking someone to come over. Yeah there are risks involved. Just have to be really selective and careful.

He will eat nearly anything given by anyone. Many other people were were feeding him scrap food when he was homeless.

HI! Bro,

May I know your location?{wink}

edwardo77 12-27-2008 07:42 PM

Hi there,
I am staying at Bandar Kinrara.

lisalau 12-28-2008 11:45 PM

This is interesting topic.. actually, im contemplating whether to go back to visit my relatives for CNY with my family; and leave my soon-to-be adopted dog at a pet hotel or I just stay back in KL. If a day comes where I need to be away, it would be good to know someone we know who can dog sit and we caN help each other like what BellXun said. Good thinking!

acsyen 12-29-2008 11:16 AM

Well I do dog boarding at my home to supplement the cost of the rescue dogs at my place. All are cage free and can play all the time except for unfriendly dogs. I only go back to my hometown after CNY to cater to the demand during that time.

vivienlpl 12-29-2008 01:23 PM

if you know your dogs pretty well to be taken care by someone..-its ok
but not all pets are used to being strangers or with your friends...that's the tricky qs

some even put into pet hotel............

how well your pet adapt - its still a question ?
yes its a risk you take but then again anything can happen

it happens to one of friend
her dog...was happy-go lucky dog...
she was away on holiday with family......for 2 weeks
left her dog with a boarding pet house.....

when she came back...took back her dog
she noticed a funny behaviour and sudden change of her dog..

believe it..the dog died after 2 weeks....
still mystery but she blames the dog boarding place...but then again nobody knows..... it was highlighted before in one of the pet magazine which i used to subscribe and buy

acsyen 12-29-2008 02:43 PM

Well what I would have done is to do a post mortem and see what's wrong. Then determine whether it's the fault of the boarding place or not.

lisalau 12-29-2008 03:07 PM

Thanks for sharing the info and good advice, Vivien. You are right. We have to be careful and think before making the decision on who we let to dog sit our dogs..

edwardo77 12-29-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acsyen (Post 25480)
Well I do dog boarding at my home to supplement the cost of the rescue dogs at my place. All are cage free and can play all the time except for unfriendly dogs. I only go back to my hometown after CNY to cater to the demand during that time.

acsyen,

Do you make house calls? I stay in Kinrara, Puchong.

acsyen 12-30-2008 01:38 PM

Yes I do, currently doing one daily till end of January. Owner has 20 dogs :D hahahaha... You can email me at acs_yen@hotmail.com.

vivienlpl 12-31-2008 11:41 AM

wah owner has 20 dogs?
so you take care of how many?

one daily every day? hehehee {shy}

Ferreted 12-31-2008 12:51 PM

acsyen is good.. i visited her couple of times, dogs are flea and tick free.. she has a pool for them and a grassy patch for the dogs to roam.. dogs that may fight (dominant males) are separated. they can play with the others.. and yea.. no caging, no beating.. its a holiday for a dog too.

@vivien: that dog of your friend might be beaten and suffered internal bleeding of such.. thats the most likely.. so the dog could live for a while longer.. but inside..

acsyen 12-31-2008 03:44 PM

Take care of all lo.. But she has a live in maid which is not trained to take care of the dogs so I have to train the maid also. Help her save money also.

edwardo77 01-01-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellXun (Post 25300)
Hello,

When do you need dog sitting? and where do u live? maybe we can swap swap dog sit. u sit mine i sit urs. hehe.

I need dog sitting too. If anyone is free to dog sit my puppy for 4 days (28 29 30 31) of Jan (Just after CNY). As I need to go penang for business. My parents are so stuck-up that they wont feed my dog even if they are here with me. =.= hiah~

Bell

Hi,

Want to know if you are still interested in the exchange dog sitting.

BellXun 01-01-2009 11:44 AM

Hello Hello,

Sorry been busy and cant online much. Edwardo77 maybe u can ask acsyen for house call? seems like she has very good service :). I will ask for her help too.

Acsyen, I am interested in sending my dog to your place for 28 29 30 31 jan (will take her back 1st feb). is that convinient for you? How much will u charge?

Hehehehe House call 20 dogs eh. wow. Sure consume alot of food. hahaha. good work~!.

Bell