View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats need very little taking care of

hi ezer

i agree and disagree. from what nicky, coco, anna and ginger taught me, they're not lone or solitary animal. witness the way my nicky, coco or ginger would howl or wail when they think they're left alone in the house (when either one just wandered upstairs while the rest of us are downstairs with the tv blasting). even quiet and dignified princess anna will also cry out if she thinks she's left alone. right on the dot, ever morning at 6.30am sharp, they want to join me in my bedroom, for tummy rubs, hugs, kisses before rushing me to give them their breakfast - at 7.30am sharp, princess anna will want to join my sis in her room for her hugs and kisses and cuddles before taking her (anna's) morning siesta (boy does she sleep soundly then).

also, when they go out for their walks, they'd like for you to join in and be part of their life, even if it's just to hang around your neighbours' front yard and do nothing (to your thinking) or you can just hang around and admire other people admiring your cat or admire and cheer them on while they hone their hunting skills on each other or on a piece of leaves. during this time, you also double-duty as the traffic warden. (but you're not allowed to join them when they go for the feline gatherings and their nocturnal activities - you're supposed to wait by their "hearth" for their returns....)

from time to time, they may not like you to fawn over them or fuss over them (depending on your cat's personality) but they surely do want your company, even though it's from a few feet away. also whenever they walk into a room and you're there, they'll give you a greeting and sometimes they may require just a "nod" and "hi" from you - at times they want you to fuss over them.

having said this, however they also require their own time alone either with their feline companions (a.k.a the rest of your cats) or on their own. this is when they will prefer that you don't harass them with a well-meant hugs or kisses and under this condition, they really don't not appreciate being hauled here or there or picked up. just a "hi" from afar will do just fine.

oh boy, when it comes to playtime, it's definitely company time, whether you join the feline gang in their wacky and wild games or just you and your cat in a tete-a-tete (with your limbs as the scratching post).

in short - although the cat may seem like they liked to be left alone, they actually need lots of nurturing and loving - just like us.

"show me a person who's an island and i show you..."

p/s: nicky does not like us to fawn over him in "public" (in front of the other cats) but he demands "me time" with lots of hugs, kisses, cuddles, and tummy rubs and praises when he's alone with us.

and true to my compliance-calling - i'm duty-bound to inform you that "loner" does not equate "need little care".

hah - gotcha!