View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Animal Lover

jennifer9504 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Flea treatment for rabbit where to get?Advantage maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackright View Post
Flea treatment for rabbit.. the one you should be looking for is ADVOCATE, not advantage.. will need to find out the weight of ur rabbit, and the formula of the concentration of advocate..
But question is, is it really flea or is it fur mites?
Do you see the website? From the internet:
Fleas and Mites
Safe treatments to prevent and kill fleas on rabbits include Advantage (imidocloprid), Program (lufenuron) and Revolution (selamectin). (Note: Advantage has been known, rarely, to irritate the skin of certain rabbits.) The latter is preferred, as it is also effective against various types of mites that cause symptoms of mange, ear canker, and "dandruff" (which is often caused by fur mites in the genus Cheyletiella). These products are available from your rabbit-savvy veterinarian. We use .4ml per rabbit of Advantage.

I just actually finding what the internet recommend. But if u say Advocate is okay to use on rabbit then can u let me know which shop selling? Is fleas or fur mites have different ways to treat?
Did I have mention i had cats? If not fur mites is for sure fleas. Advantage treat fleas and fur mites, i just scare hard to find in Malaysia.

Can u mention which vet too? or pet shop ? (places) And i don't know where to find rabbit-savvy vets. Recommend please? Near KL. If you use before ADVOCATE , can u mention the price also ? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10854313.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	11312   Click image for larger version

Name:	advocate1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	11313