View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellXun View Post
Well said Andy, u sound abit like a lawyer. hehehe. all the choice of words. it almost sounded like proffesor. hehehe.

Ascyen I think you r being abit harsh on jac, ppl already feel bad the kittens went to the wrong hands and yet u still stab her once more with fees theory.(If adopting a pet is too pricy, then alot of genuine adopter will be taken back). Well, i dont want to start fighting but, personally I think scolding a crying child on broken vase is bad. but scold a laughing child on a broken vase is correct. hehehe :) .peace.

I belive in Karma. so I am not too fuss about events like this. and I do hope the kittens were bought by decent adopters so no further harm can get to the kitties.
Well well, I dunno if I should shoot you down or not. I'll try to be nice and explain things to you first. If the rescuers themselves are not strict in rehoming there will never be and end in the homeless anmals. PAWS use to rehome without spaying long ago and make the adopters promise to bring back the animal to spay. But only very few of them do so and some others go mia.

Secondly for example I rescue a dog which is terribly sick and I spend 1k for the dog and I decide to charge RM350 for the adoption. I have to bear RM650 for the dog from my own pockets. I do not mind actually to bear that cost but then I can't save another dog for a long time. And I know you will still think RM350 is expensive.

Lastly let's say they labrador that I offered you previously. 8mths old and has a MKA cert and is from a champion line. The adopter paid RM200 for the neutering. And on the spot takes him to the vet to get his heartworm test done and put him on prevention that costs another RM220 and paid the vet extra RM200 to help other homeless dogs. Let's minus the last amount. If I have done all these for the dog it would cost the adopter RM440. I would say you can never get a champion line dog at this cheap price. Some more it's fully vaccinated, neutered and also heartworm prevention done for a whole year.

There are many genuine adopters out there but if they cannot afford to own a dog then it's pointless. I won't let the lab( or any other dog) go to a home where they eat only rice and some leftovers daily. They deserve better and in my place they eat raw food and premium quality kibbles.. How to rehome them to a lousier place than mine. Kind of defeat the purpose of rescuing the dog if it's no better than living in the streets.